Heat Wave - Cover

Heat Wave

Copyright© 2016 by Cor

Chapter 11

Mixed in with the mail that the postman left at the inn that morning, there was some registered mail addressed to “Ms. Mélanie Turgeon, The Inn at Sherwin’s Falls” with the logo of the Director of the DPJ above the return address. After signing the reception slip, Aelwen ran to the public room to bring it to her.

As soon as she saw the address, Mélanie grabbed the bar knife and sliced through the tab.

“Madam,” she read, “it is with great pleasure that we advise you that the complaint that was lodged against you has been rejected. Following an investigation into the matter, we have come to the conclusion that your son is living in an environment that is favourable for his present and future wellbeing and that there is no situation that would justify his removal.

“Furthermore, we have been able to confirm through various sources that the original complaint was lodged with the purpose of causing you harm and to cause that your son to be withdrawn contrary to his wellbeing.”

“Since the original complaint was found to be baseless, since the child’s father acted maliciously in lodging said complaint, and since there is sufficient proof of the father’s previous violent behaviour against you, it has therefore been decided that the child’s wellbeing would assured by granting you the exclusive guardianship of his upbringing.”

“Please be assured that we wish you all the best and of our willingness to help you within the limits of our mandate.” <signed> “Espérance Labonté, For the Director.”


“Thanks for taking me out for a meal, Paul. It was delicious. It’s been quite a while since I’ve had Chinese and certainly since I’ve had any this good. I wasn’t expecting this at all – when I called you, it was only to share the good news with someone I care for. It was certainly not necessary for all of you to come down and to take me out like this. Granted, I love every bit of it.”

“Think nothing of it. I wanted to go out with you anyway and when I called Karine to have an idea of what you liked, she immediately told me to come by her place to pick her and Roger up on the way. As for the Chinese food, I’m surprised. You were a city girl before; you must be familiar with it, no?”

“Butch was more of a «Pâté chinois» fan than a «Buffet chinois» fan. It happened a few times that I would order some when I was really too sick and tired or just plain tired to cook but each time, His Highness would walk out slamming the door to go out to the tavern to eat. In any case, the restaurants in our neighbourhood weren’t known for their cleanliness nor for their buffet choices,” she added with a point of bitterness.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.