NOBEL TREASURE MYSTERY - Cover

NOBEL TREASURE MYSTERY

 

Chapter 8

We decided to wait for the arrival of everything before we started to smelt down any gold.

Where the hell did our father get all of that gold, silver, and cash? A book about our Genealogy sounded fascinating.

That’s an online project for my wife.


I explained the whole conversation I had with Mr. Langford, and we were quite stunned over it all.

After a call from our Realtor, I gave notice to the hotel, we would be out in two days.

We were traveling in the Odyssey, with her car in the garage at our new home. It was empty as we were living from our suitcases while staying at the Hutton Hotel.


Three days later we were moved in.

There was a vehicle horn and I opened the door to find that a light blue Brinks Truck pulled up to our house.

I was prepared to show my ID to them, and once that was done came the question, “Where do you want everything, Mr. Noble?”

Forty-five minutes later they were gone, with the gold and silver in the garage in boxes labeled “Baby Clothes,” “Things Goodwill doesn’t want,” “Things to re-gift,” and “Odds and Ends!’

The Brinks men thought it was a clever idea. Of course, I decided to move everything, since those three men knew what I had and where it was! They might be bonded, but everyone has a price! That was one of our dad’s favorite expressions.

Although he has passed on, my father did always say, ‘Trust No One!”


I had decided to not continue my financial planner business. Spending as much time as I could with Mary was my top priority.

Buying a home that was furnished was a wonderful thing. It allowed my Mary and I to make love in a different room every night.

I had, alongside the bed in our main bedroom, five boxes of documents that I had yet to get into. Right on top of the closest box was a Deed of Trust, so I picked it up, laid down and started going through it.

It was for a home in Chicago. I picked up another one, it was for a home in Dallas, Texas. Another one was for a home in Indianapolis, Indiana, and another is for a large parcel in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania!

Without looking at the details, there were over a hundred of them, in eleven states.


All told, we had:

120 gold bars = $31,792,000

23 silver bars = $160,000

Along with that, we had converted all of our non-USA paper money, among several banks, and that with all of our cash, plus money in the bank, equaled $626,600,400!

We agreed there was no immediate need to melt down any of the gold or silver. I did have a trust setup with the bank account, the cars, and the home.


The few furnishings we did need to purchase arrived all at once, with Mary and I giving directions to the four men involved.

The few bits of furniture are beautiful, in a matching use of walnut, pine, and oak.

The last delivery person was from Sundance Spa, who installed, then stayed to fill it, and explain the chemicals and how they were used.

Later in the week we had Vivint stop by and install a full alarm system that included a CCTV system that could be observed by a laptop or even a smart phone.


I was making sandwiches to take to my significant other when I heard a light scream coming from our back yard.

“What is it?” I asked Mary walking out to find her in the spa.

“You know that daddy, Henry Noble was born in 1957 in Philadelphia?”

“Yes, I knew that, so what?”

“Grandpa Thresher Noble, his dad, was born in 1927,” she said reading from the bound Genealogy we had created from the disc we were sent.

“Didn’t know that!” I said getting in the spa then bringing in the plate of sandwiches and bottle water.

“Well, his father was Sir Geoffrey Noble and was born in Sweden in 1909.”

She stopped long enough to take a few bites of a ham, bologna, and cheese sandwich. “Hmmm, this is good!”

“How far back does that line go, anyway?” I asked.

“That is what made me scream; sometime in the mid 1880s our last name had been N.O.B.E.L and we are Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, eleven greats in all, connecting us to Robert H. Nobel, brother of Alfred B. Nobel, the inventor of dynamite and founder of the Nobel Prizes.”

I almost choked on my roast beef sandwich with that news. Finally washing it down, I said, “That probably explains all the money, gold and silver. It’s been said that Alfred used his family to disperse all the money he earned from dynamite. He had over 300 patents besides dynamite.”

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.