NOBEL TREASURE MYSTERY - Cover

NOBEL TREASURE MYSTERY

 

Chapter 7

“Are you really asking me this question eleven years after the fact?”

“I am holding a knife in my hand,” she said, unable to holdback a giggle.

“She was pretty, but I never wanted her the way I love you, you have to know that by now, don’t you?”

Well, we had things to accomplish, including finding a place to live.

With an open-ended reservation at the Hutton Hotel, we first looked on-line for places to live in Nashville.

With price not an object, the neighborhood, and the beauty of the home, both inside and out, was our main criteria. We didn’t want to involve a Realtor until we had a few places we liked.

We drove around leisurely for a few days, before contacting an unaffiliated Realtor, to let us inside the four we had determined to look at.

Our favorite was new on the market. Four Bedrooms, Five baths, 4,243 square feet, on a one-quarter acre. It was built in 2001, and had a single owner that died. That didn’t seem to bother either of us. It was very near the Green Hills Mall.

Instead of the office that listed it, I found a small office that we walked into and talked about what we wanted. Surprise when our place came up on the MLS.

Doing this would split the fee at least three ways, the house was listed for $1,124,000 and we made a full-price cash offer.

When our Realtor called to tell the listing Realtor, she found out that there was already a full price offer. I changed our offer $1,250,000 and it got matched. Talk about playing Monopoly for real, I made a final offer of $1,800,000 and it was ours. We hadn’t even walked inside yet, but there had been 30 pictures on the internet, which showed it off quite well.

We all met at the home, where we signed about 400 documents, just kidding, and they expected escrow to be a quick moving deal. That means seven to ten days before we can move in.

There is a hidden-to-the-public back porch where I planned to set up our smelter. The two-car garage has enough extra room to keep all the boxes of gold and silver in boxes that will look like stuff we couldn’t find a place for inside. Who was it who said to keep things in plain sight?

With the exception of the precious metals, we sold off most all the rest of the foreign money, planning to use it for filling our home with goodies.

While waiting for our move in, I looked over some of the documents we had taken with us on our sojourn, finding a will of our fathers’ father, Thresher Noble, who was born in 1927 and died in 1953.

It talked about the iron and steel industry, which Thresher was the heir of, after his wife’s father Baruch Burgman. He was born in 1911, and died in 1933, owning some patents in the industrial chemicals industry, regarding refining techniques dealing with refined sugar (sucrose).

This caused Naomi Noble to have gotten an amount of nearly 500,000 Krona, (Swedish notes). This accounts for the Swedish bank notes we had found during our hunt with the keys.

While I had been doing that, Mary was on the internet looking over all the stores in the Green Hills Mall.

“We need to go shopping, I need more clothes, Henry!” she said.

“Yes, my queen, where dost thou wish to shop!” I said causing her to giggle.

“They have a Victoria’s Secret, kind sir. I have always wanted to go into one of those.”

“You know you have to have a special code word to even get in the front door of one of those places,” I said.

“You do not! You are making that up, Henry!”

“Am I?” I said getting off the bed and grabbing my car keys.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.