NOBEL TREASURE MYSTERY - Cover

NOBEL TREASURE MYSTERY

 

Chapter 4

At that point, we went through the rest of the house together, investigating every nook and cranny but not finding any more keys, cash, or anything remotely valuable. We did take some pictures off the walls, to remember them by.

I called Mr. Langford with our decision to not live in the house!

He understood saying most people have too many memories when moving back in to the house they grew up in.

We got out the rest of the boxes from that front closet and started taking all of the mementos, including all of our mother’s personal jewelry. And my father’s tie clasps and cufflinks. Both of our cars were very loaded up with lots of goodies.


Renting a U-Haul, because of the weight involved, we went back into the bank and asked for help to covertly as possible get all of the gold and silver bars.

He gathered up two employees’ and the bank guard, who had kept his hand on his gun as we discretely were let out by a side door and after putting a wool blanket down, we did what must have looked like a bank robbery and added the almost 1,500 lbs. of gold and silver bars.

From there we drove to each of our residences and got the things we needed most and found a hotel room to stay at until we were ready to head to Kansas.

Lulu had the excellent idea of replacing her Honda Civic to a Honda Odyssey. We bought a brand new one for cash getting a very good deal.

After a large meal and an early evening of very carnal sex, at midnight we got up and started moving the contents of the U-Haul to our two vehicles, spreading it around, putting most of it in the Odyssey, packing and covering it with our own luggage and other contents from each of our abodes.

My sister handled them all very well, handing them to me as I carefully placed them around the perimeter of the back of the Odyssey and the back seat and trunk of my vehicle.

After two nights of this, we took the U-Haul back in, then her Honda, which was only five years old and told the dealership to keep whatever they got for it.

The third morning we started our trek to Wichita, Kansas. I told my sister, that with the extra nearly 900 lbs. to drive the speed limit, for obvious reasons.

About fifty miles out of town I got a call and I believe it was Robert although he was screaming so loud I wasn’t positive. I reminded him of the IRS and the Inheritance Tax of 40% on the money over $5.34 million.

That totally depressed him, until I did the quick figuring that would leave him with ‘only’ over $80,000,000. He ranted about the IRS for a while finally asking, “Did everybody get a check for the same amount?”

“Yes, we did get exactly the same amount!”

I got two more equally screaming calls from Lois and Linda repeating over and over how unfucking believable it was to get a check for so much money.

I was asked what I was doing with mine and I told them I was moving to Wichita, Kansas to get away from the big city.

“Do you know what Luanne is doing with her check?” Linda asked.

I told her I believed she’s moving out somewhere, but I wasn’t sure where!

After that was all over, I called my little sister and told her about the conversations I had with them all.


Due to the heavy loads we had, I had decided we would pace ourselves in our driving west, limiting it to only four or five hours of driving per day, with her following me in her brand new deep blue Honda Odyssey loaded to the max, possibly over! We kept our cell phones nearby, to call if one of us lost the other on I-70.

That meant our first day would take us to Pittsburgh. Once we got off I-70, we were in constant phone communication until we pulled in together to a hotel that looked adequate.

I picked the Fairmont Pittsburgh, having stayed there before. It was a four-star hotel and I wanted my sister to feel appreciated.

I got us a One Bedroom Suite, getting our suitcases out and letting a hotel employee take them to our room.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.