Two Loves, One Lover - Cover

Two Loves, One Lover

Copyright© 2016 by Renpet

Chapter 2: Port Royal, South Carolina

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 2: Port Royal, South Carolina - Love is impossible to measure. Science cannot explain it. It's ethereal. It can be complex and confusing and sometimes painful. It can also be joyous and fulfilling and wonderful. Experience is the only way to appreciate its astonishing power. For one man, love transcended all in a most unusual way.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Ma/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Fiction   First   Safe Sex   Oral Sex   Petting   Slow  

BELLA WALKED ALONG THE side of the road with Christie and Deborah, listening to their chatter. In her opinion, Joe Dashen wasn’t the best looking guy in school.

Christie gushed, “He smiled at me in class!”

Bella shuddered. Joe hadn’t looked at Christie. He’d ogled her with something sleazy in his eyes. Diverting the conversation, she said, “It wasn’t you he was smiling at. It was Suzanne.”

“That slut? Shoot! How come guys always go for the sluts?”

Deborah laughed. “You really have to ask?”

At the crossroads, Bella said goodbye. She was going to miss school for the next couple of months. What would she do all summer?

“I’ll call you both,” she said with a wave, turning into El Sueno Lane.

“See ya. Call or text!” Deborah yelled, waving. “We’ll go shopping!”

Walking down the sun-dappled lane, Bella decided living here in Port Royal, so close to Savannah, might be all right after all. Three months at a new high school had let her meet some friends, and the warm, humid weather felt familiar from Baton Rouge.

She pulled her Smartphone from her pocket, thumbed a quick-dial number and waited. “I’m almost home, Mom.” Listening, she nodded. “Kay. See ya at six.”

She reached the end of the cul-de-sac and saw him again; her elusive neighbor. There were two houses at the end, his backing onto the swampy edge of Harbor River, and hers, off at a right angle to his.

He was leaning back in a chair, the front legs off the veranda, his legs stretched out, heels on the railing, bare feet crossed, and holding a tall, frosted glass of iced tea in one hand. As she’d seen before, a black Labrador retriever sat at his side.

She waved. He smiled and tipped his glass towards her. She’d spotted him a few times in the three months since moving in, never long enough to talk. This time, with Mom not due home for a couple of hours, she stopped at his front gate.

This close, she noticed details. His hair was dark brown and a bit too long, almost but not quite shaggy, his face slender and well defined despite the shadow of unshaven cheeks and jaw. This close she noticed his eyes; an unusual silver-grey and piercing. He looked to be in his early or mid-thirties, slender and fit.

The retriever’s tail swished back and forth on the veranda, its warm brown eyes watchful and full of intelligence. The man’s hand rubbed the dog’s head.

“Hi,” she said brightly.

“Hello, neighbor.”

His voice was soft and deep. He smiled again, a broad, friendly smile revealing white, even teeth.

“I’m Bella LaForêt.”

“Hello, Bella. You have a lovely name. Welcome to the neighborhood.”

Bella smiled. It was a goofy name, but Mom said she loved it.

“What’s your dog’s name? Can I meet him?” she asked, her hand on the white wrought iron front gate.

“Sure. Come on in. His name is Penny, and he’s a she.”

Bella, walking up the front garden stone path, smiled, looked at the dog, and apologized. “Sorry, Penny.” She paused at the bottom of wide stairs. Penny’s mouth opened, tongue hanging out. To Bella, it looked like she was grinning. With ease, the dog rose and ambled down, pausing then sitting on the bottom steps, her fur shiny black, a lightly feathered tail wagging.

“How long have you lived here,” she asked as she stroked Penny’s head. Her fur was as soft as silk.

“Just over fifteen years.”

She looked at him again, fascinated by his eyes. “You didn’t tell me your name.”

He smiled broadly. “You’re right. Forgive my manners.”

Bella rubbed Penny’s ears with both hands, bending forward to nuzzle her face against her, inhaling the wonderful scent of a dog. “You’re beautiful, Penny,” she murmured. She loved dogs.

Penny licked her face, making Bella laugh with pleasure. She straightened. “So, what’s your name?”

“Huck Allison.”

“Haven’t heard of a Huck before. It’s a nice name. Would it be alright if I took a picture of Penny?”

He smiled again, an easy smile. “Sure. Go ahead. She’s a hog for attention.”

With her Smartphone, Bella framed the shot and took it, inspecting the image before nodding with satisfaction. “Thanks!”

“Would you like some iced tea?” Huck offered, still leaning back in the wooden chair, his legs up.

Penny returned and sat at his side. His free hand rubbed her behind the ears with easy familiarity.

“No thanks. But thank you for offering.”

As she walked over to her house, she paused, turned, and took another photo.

That night, in her bedroom, Bella pulled up the second photo she’d taken. It showed both Penny and Huck. She touched the screen and zoomed into Huck.

His eyes fascinated her. She’d never seen silver-grey before, yet they felt familiar. Why?

She liked Huck. He had an easygoing presence, his smiles friendly and genuine. Unlike so many adults, she’d immediately felt comfortable around him. He talked to her, not at her, and that was refreshing.

Huck. The name struck a chord with her, too, although she had no idea why. But he looked like a Huck. It suited him. She was sure he was a gentle soul. It was like an aura around him and she found it very appealing. Maybe she’d see him more often now she was on summer break.

Saturday morning, after finishing her chores, she wandered outside. A bark drew her attention. Penny raced down the steps from the veranda, paused, turned and barked again, tail wagging. Bella watched Huck emerge in a ratty old plain tee, shorts and sneakers. A minute later, they jogged off together. Huck gave the lab a hand signal and she immediately moved to his side, heeling, easily keeping pace, eyes turned up in attention.

He didn’t have the physique of a runner. His shoulders were too broad, hips too narrow. He looked like a swimmer, she decided. That felt right, too. She didn’t know why, but Huck fascinated her. There was an unusual quality in him she couldn’t put her finger on. Whatever it was, it pulled at her. She wanted to know him better.


AS I STEPPED OUT of the shower, I heard the telephone ringing. Towel wrapped around my waist, I answered it in the bedroom, water dripping onto the hardwood floor.

“Hello?”

“Huck. How are you?” my mother asked. “You haven’t called in so long. Is everything all right?”

I smiled to myself. I’d talked to Mom just last weekend. For her, once a week was never enough. “Everything’s fine. Seven days since we last talked, Mom.”

“Are you sure? It seems like much longer.”

“I’m sure.”

“Are you healthy? Are you eating properly? Do you want me to come down and visit for a while? I could use a break from your father. He’s such a pain since retiring. Did you know he wants to build and fly model airplanes now? Why can’t he pick a hobby and stick to it? He still has that pottery wheel in the garage blocking my parking space!”

She took a breath. I waited for the next familiar question.

“So have you met a nice girl yet? How’s your love life? Not that I want you to be promiscuous, Huck, but having a partner is good for your health.”

“I’m fine, Mom.”

“If you say so. How’s work?”

“It’s fine. Busy.”

Her voice turned away from the phone. I listened to her yell at Dad, “What’s all that wood for? Take it out to the garage!”

She sighed into the phone. “I have to go. Your father’s making a mess again. Call me. Next time, don’t wait so long. I miss you!”

“Bye, Mom. Love ya.” I didn’t point out that she’d called me.

Mom’s voice softened. “Are you sure you’re okay, Huck?”

“I am. You’ve been asking me for fifteen years. I’m really okay.”

“Good. Love you, too. Be good ... and find a girl.”

Smiling with pleasure, I dried myself and dressed, feeling refreshed from the run. Exercise always made me feel better.

In the kitchen, as coffee brewed, I gulped a tall glass of orange juice and tossed a Milk-Bone biscuit to Penny. She caught it and munched, tail wagging.

“So what are your plans for today?” I asked her. Intelligent brown eyes looked at me, tail wagging. She barked.

“No. We’re not swimming today.”

She barked again.

“No.”

Penny was a natural water dog. With webbed paws, she could swim all day. Labs had originally been bred for retrieving fowl on bird hunts, and used for lost buoy retrieval by fishermen. The breed loved water.

Penny was a classic example. She was gentle and intelligent and loving; a perfect partner for me.

With a mug of coffee in hand, I went out onto the wide back veranda to watch the lazy Harbor River. Sun was still low, making me shield my eyes. The air was cool but warming. It was going to be a scorcher today. Briefly, I debated mowing the lawn now, not waiting until this evening, and dismissed it just as fast. I had grocery shopping to do in order to stock the kitchen for my two weeks of vacation, a squeaking front step to fix, and then Saturday house cleaning; an active day to keep me busy.

That was my life and I didn’t mind in the least.

Coffee finished, I grabbed car keys and wallet. “Behave yourself,” I told Penny. She chuffed at me and followed me outside, sitting on the veranda as I closed the door. This part of town was so safe I never locked the doors. A dog door at the back gave Penny freedom to come and go as she pleased. She would discourage trespassers - as long as she didn’t want to play with them first. No. She’d probably invite them in!

An hour later, with a back seat full of groceries and supplies, I returned home to find Penny and Bella wrestling with a stick, Penny jerking from side to side to get the stick away.

Bella’s bright laughter filled the air. I sat in the car and watched, smiling and enjoying the sight before climbing out. Penny spotted me. She let go of the stick and barked at me once, then grabbed the stick, energetically tugging and growling. Bella was pulled forward, desperately holding the stick with both hands and laughing.

By the time I’d unloaded the car, Bella was sitting on the top step of the veranda with her arm around my dog, Penny sitting quietly next to her. I shook my head. Penny was a friendly, loving dog, but usually she’d be under my feet when I’d come home. Apparently not this time.

“I’m getting myself some iced tea. Would you like some?” I offered.

Bella turned her head and smiled. “Yes please.”

With two tall glasses of iced tea in hand, I sat next to Penny and passed a glass to Bella. “Here ya go.”

“Thanks,” she said brightly, and took a sip. “This is good. Not too sweet. Do you make it yourself or buy it?”

“I make it. How did you end up over here with Penny?”

“It’s the strangest thing,” Bella said, glancing at the dog between us. “Penny came over and barked in the back yard. Not a lot, just an occasional bark, as if she was calling me.”

Penny chuffed in agreement, a not-quite-bark, quiet; one of the ways she talked to me.

“And when I came out, she picked up the stick like she wanted to play. But every time I got near her, she walked away, stopped, looked back at me and waited. It was like she wanted me to play here, in your yard.”

Penny chuffed quietly. I had no doubt she was following the conversation and agreeing with Bella. Dogs like her are remarkably intelligent.

“Is it okay that I played with her?” Bella asked.

“Of course. If that’s what she wants, who am I to stop her?”

Bella, now stroking Penny, asked, “How come you let her run around. Shouldn’t she be in the house when you’re gone? Doesn’t it worry you?”

“Would you like to be confined to the house?”

“Never. She won’t run away?”

Smiling, I asked, “Would you run away?”

Bella grinned broadly. “You treat Penny like she’s a person.”

“Trust me. She is.”

Bella finished the iced tea with a sigh. She put the glass on the veranda, leaned back on two straight arms, and stretched her legs out. “It’s going to be hot today.”

I barely heard her. A ghost walked over my grave. Bella was wearing high top sneakers, the laces on her left shoe ... undone.

Her mother yelled, “Bella!”

“Gotta go. Thanks for the iced tea, Mr. Allison. Thanks for the play, Penny!” She hugged Penny, rose and jogged off towards her house.

I sat on the top step, stroking Penny, my mind drifting. Those untied shoelaces brought back painful memories that, to this day, were still close to the surface.

Both my family and Farrah’s had understood why I’d moved away from Philadelphia to here, Port Royal, South Carolina. I liked it. It was a spit away from the beautiful city of Savannah where I worked. I still spoke to Farrah’s parents once a month and had grown to love them. I’d found some level of peace working as an Account Director for a local ad agency, Bowes, Coombs & Silver. I’d found companionship with Penny.

Bella amused me. She was bright, outgoing, and quite pretty for a young girl; a classic blonde with blue eyes, her straight hair cut short to the back of her neck and longer to brush over her shoulders at the front, framing her face. Every time I’d seen her she was fashionably dressed, colors matched, and most often in skirts and cotton tops. I wondered how old she was. She had the slender body of an adolescent with a subtle hint of a developing bust. Twelve? Thirteen?

Penny’s ears cocked. Alert, she stared, then rose and ran off across the cul de sac, arriving at Bella’s house just as Bella emerged, letting out a bark of greeting. Bella smiled, bent, and rubbed Penny’s head.

She waved to me and walked over. Changed into a seasonal pale yellow tee tucked into loose blue linen pleated cuffed shorts, and wearing sandals, she looked younger. She paused at the open gate.

“Can I come up?” she asked. Penny stopped and looked back at her, chuffing as if saying, ‘Of course, I invited you’.

I nodded.

Penny immediately picked up a stick and offered it to Bella to play.

Across from us, Mrs. LaForêt emerged from the front door. I saw where Bella got her looks. In a sleeveless, light cotton, printed dress, with straight blonde hair held back in a wooden and leather hair clasp at the nape of her neck, she looked fresh, cool, and pretty with a great set of legs on her, her calves shaped by open-toed high heel shoes.

She put large sunglasses on, glanced around, saw us, and headed over. Not much taller than her daughter, she was slender with subtle curves that were all female.

She stopped at the open gate. “Hi, Mr. Allison.”

“Hello, neighbor. Call me Huck.”

Penny growled and tugged the stick, Bella laughing and holding on.

Mrs. LaForêt smiled. “In that case, call me Chantal. Is Bella bothering you?”

Penny let the stick go and barked once at Chantal, then grabbed it again, shaking her head and growling playfully, shoulders down.

“There’s your answer,” I told her. “Besides, it was Penny that invited Bella over to play.”

Chantal’s laugh was light and bright. She glanced at her watch. “Well, I have to go. Don’t be afraid to send her home when she’s worn out her welcome. Bella? Bella!”

“What?”

“Behave yourself. Lunch is in the fridge.”

“Kay. Thanks, Mom. Have a great day!”

A couple of minutes later, Chantal backed a Ford Focus out of her garage and drove off.

Bella was sitting on the veranda in my chair, legs up on the railing, and chair tilted back, when I emerged with a cordless power drill and screws. I set about fixing the squeaks in the wooden stairs leading up from the front garden.

Sweating in the intense late-morning sun, I drilled screws in from under the steps, moved back to the step and bounced, heard squeaks, and went back to drill in more screws. Bella watched me, rubbing Penny’s head as she sat at her side; a familiar position - mine.

Fifteen screws in, Bella observed, “You’re not very good at fixing things.”

I grinned.

She looked at me as I studied the damn stairs.

“It’s the backboard that squeaks,” she informed me. “If you screw the backboards into the top of each stair, you’ll fix the problem.”

Willing to try anything, I grabbed a handful of screws and crawled under the stairs, brushing cobwebs away.

“How would you know that’s the problem?” I yelled.

“It’s the same problem we had back in our old house in Baton Rouge. Can I get you a drink of water?”

“That would be greatly appreciated,” I yelled, drilling another screw in.

By the time I finished and wiggled back out from underneath, Bella was sitting on the stairs, a glass of ice water extended in her hand. I took it and gulped. Sweet, cold water felt wonderful as it traveled down my throat.

Penny was lying down, head on front paws, and watching me.

“Thank you,” I said with heartfelt relief.

“You’re welcome. It’s going to be a stinker today. Where do you swim?” Bella asked.

“Why do you think I swim?”

She shrugged. “Dunno, really. I see you as a swimmer. Some guys look like they’re football players, or basketball players. Swimming fits you.”

Grabbing tools and the box of screws, I walked up, pausing to jump on the stairs. They were silent! No squeaking. Brilliant! “Thanks!”

“You’re welcome.”

“I need to clean up. You can come in.”

Bella followed Penny and me into the house. In the kitchen, I put the cordless drill back into its carrying case, put everything back in the cupboard, and moved to the sink to wash up. Through the kitchen window, I watched the lazy Harbor River flow past and felt the tug of it’s cool water. Maybe this afternoon. I needed to clean the house first.

I’d learned early in life that getting chores out of the way sweetened the rest of the day - or vacation in this case. Bella, after wandering around and looking at things, at my suggestion, went out to throw a piebald tennis ball in a game of fetch with Penny. Occasional laughter reached me over the noise of the vacuum.

Vacuumed and dusted, house restored to neatness, and laundry in the dryer, I went out to the back veranda with two tall glasses of iced tea. Bella spotted me and the drinks. Looking flushed from the heat, she came up and sat on the bench with me, taking the offered glass.

After almost draining it, she sighed. “Thank you. It’s hot playing in the sun.”

“You’re doing it wrong,” I told her.

She tilted her head. “How so?”

“Penny. Here!” I ordered, pointing my finger to my feet.

Penny, with the tennis ball in her mouth, big pink tongue hanging out to one side, immediately ran up and sat at my feet, attentive.

“Give.”

She dropped the saliva-covered ball into my hand.

“Watch,” I ordered her, and threw the ball.

I could see the excitement in her, her body trembling slightly. I waited. Finally, I said, “Fetch.”

Penny raced off the veranda, leaping to the ground, went straight to the ball, grabbed it, and tore back to me, sitting at my feet, tail swishing across the floor. She dropped the ball in my hand.

Bending forward, I rubbed her head, kissed it, and whispered, “Good girl.”

“Wow! She’s really well trained,” Bella observed.

“A well trained dog is a happy dog. They want to make you happy and training lets them know how.”

“Can I try?”

I passed the tennis ball to her. She looked at Penny and said, “Here,” pointing to her feet. Penny shuffled over. Bella was a good observer. She repeated everything I’d done, even to rewarding Penny, and for the next few minutes, I watched, amazed.

Penny had never obeyed anyone else. It seemed she’d taken a real liking to Bella. Then again, Bella was a likable girl.

Bella hung around all day, chatting, telling me about school, her new friends and all the juicy - to her - gossip, who the sluts were, which guys the girls thought were cute, which not.

“You’re a quidnuc,” I mentioned at one point.

“I am not! I’m not an inquisitive and gossipy person ... well, not gossipy anyway.”

It amazed me she even knew the meaning of the word.

At six-twenty, her mother arrived, still looking as fresh and cool as this morning. Spotting us, she walked over. “Still here?” she asked Bella.

“Yup.”

Chantal looked at me with a small smile. “Thanks for keeping an eye on her.”

“I didn’t. Penny did.”

Penny chuffed.

“She’s a beautiful dog,” Chantal commented. “Can I say hello?”

“Sure.” I wiggled my almost empty glass of iced tea. “Can I get you one?”

She nodded, approaching the steps. When I returned, I found Bella and Chantal sitting on the top step, Penny sitting between them. Both were stroking Penny. It was very strange to me. My faithful companion seemed to have adopted them both.

We chatted for a while about the weather, life in Port Royal, and I invited them to a barbecue dinner.

“We can’t impose,” Chantal said.

“I’ve got the food. I was planning on a barbecue, so there’s no imposition,” I insisted.

Chantal smiled. “Okay. Thank you. But let me change first.”

The sun was sinking when Chantal arrived in the back garden. The day had lost its intensity, leaving humidity. Occasional breezes brought cooling relief. I had charcoals almost glowing and a bottle of beer in hand.

Chantal had changed into pale tan shorts and a turquoise and yellow blouse, sandals on her feet. Once again, I admired her shapely legs.

“Wine or beer?” I offered.

“White wine if you have it,” she answered.

“Mom! Watch this!” Bella exclaimed, picking up the tennis ball. Penny’s ears perked up.

While Bella demonstrated Penny’s training, I fetched a glass of white Chardonnay. Back in the garden, I handed it to her and set about making burgers. Before long, the delicious aroma of charred beef filled the air making my stomach rumble. Homemade coleslaw and chips completed the simple meal.

Over dinner, eaten on the wide veranda, we chatted about Savannah, the attractions, Baton Rouge, and other small, inconsequential social chitchat. However, I noticed one disturbing thing that promised to disrupt my peace that night.

Bella, before eating, took her burger and carefully removed the lettuce, tomato, and dill pickle I’d put in. She added no ketchup or mustard.

Chantal must have noticed my expression. Somewhat apologetically, she said, “Don’t mind her. She’s eaten burgers that way from the first one she ever had. It’s not a reflection on your burger.”


BELLA SAT IN THE living room with Mom, watching TV. Mom worked, reviewing contracts and schedules as she sat on the couch.

Bella’s attention drifted. She’d really enjoyed her day with Huck. He was easy to be around, calm and soft-spoken. While he’d cleaned himself up in the kitchen this morning, she’d wandered around, inspecting his house. The home was nice; hardwood floors throughout, comfortable furniture, a living room, study, powder room, kitchen, and large pantry on the first floor. She hadn’t gone upstairs.

She’d studied the personal items decorating each room. In his study, she’d noticed many, many photos of Huck with a beautiful, slender woman with the most amazing hair. It looked almost tangled, chestnut brown and long. The woman was really beautiful with pale green eyes, and in each photo Bella could tell she was seriously happy. So was Huck. The photos showed the woman not much older than her through to her early twenties.

She found swimming medals, confirming Huck had been a swimmer. And on one side table in the living room, she’d seen a decorative wooden tray full of bangles of all sorts. As she admired them, touching each, she knew each had a meaning and she thought she knew what they were. How? She hadn’t even thought about it. It was just there, a shadowy concept in her mind.

Bella pictured Huck. She pictured his incredible silver-grey eyes.

“Mom?”

“Ummm-hmmm?”

“Have you ever felt you know someone even though it’s the first time you’ve met them?”

Her mother looked up from the papers. “No. I’ve never experienced it. But I know people who have. The Creole are strong believers in the phenomena. Why?”

Bella shrugged. “It feels like I’ve met Huck before.”

“Maybe it’s because you’re comfortable around him.”

“Maybe.”

On Sunday, she went grocery shopping with her mother in the morning and helped with chores around the house. When Mom left to attend another open house, she wandered outside. Cloud cover made the air heavy, pregnant with the promise of a late-day shower.

Huck and Penny were just emerging from their front door.

“Hi, Huck!” she called out.

He smiled and waved.

Walking over, she asked, “Where are you going?” Penny wagged her tail as she approached. Bella stopped to ruffle the silky fur on her head.

“For a walk along the river,” Huck replied. “Want to join us?”

“You wouldn’t mind?”

Huck smiled. “Nope. I think Penny would like it, too.”

“Kay! Can I change my sandals?”

“Sure. We’ll wait. And tell your mom.”

“She’s at work,” Bella yelled, running to the house.

Twenty minutes later, they walked along Port Royal Boardwalk. Penny barked, tail wagging. Huck removed a tennis ball from his pocket, smiled and tossed it into the river.

She watched the lab take a running leap, splashing down into the water. Head held high, she dog paddled with surprising speed, chasing the floating ball. Huck kept an eye on her.

Bella pulled her Smartphone out from her back pocket and took pictures of Penny and, when he wasn’t looking, photos of Huck.

“You like your photos,” he observed, without turning.

Bella smiled, took another, and said, “When you get a picture just right, it speaks volumes. Photography is the universal language. Everyone can understand images no matter where they’re from.”

She wondered why he stiffened suddenly.

“Your left shoelace is untied,” he commented.

Bella looked down. Damn! Dropping to one knee, she retied it. “I don’t know what it is, but my left shoe refuses to stay tied, even when I double knot it! I think I’m cursed!”

She noticed his wry grin. It looked good on him. Why did it seem familiar?

For the next hour, she observed as Huck put Penny through an obedience training routine, sometimes using single words, more often using hand signals, and Penny was acutely attentive, watching Huck, and reacting fast. It was wonderful to see, especially how Huck rewarded Penny with affection, the lab loving it.

Finally returning home, as they walked down the lane, she asked, “Would it be okay if I took Penny for short walks while you’re at work?”

“Sure. If she wants. But, for the next two weeks I’m on vacation.”

“Can I come when you go for walks?” Bella asked. She hadn’t figured it out yet, but being with them felt right, comfortable, familiar.

“Anytime.”


I LISTENED TO VIVALDI’S Four Seasons on the stereo floating out though the open kitchen window and sipped a glass of white Chardonnay. Sitting in the dark, I enjoyed the sound of crickets. Penny lay at my side. A damp breeze still promised rain. I wanted it to come and clear the heavy air. Tomorrow, swimming. My body needed it.

Penny’s head came up suddenly. She looked to the left and gave me a quiet chuff. I followed her gaze.

Chantal walked around the corner.

“Huck? Is it alright if I come up?” she asked.

“Sure.” As she walked up the steps to the veranda, I asked, “Would you like to join me in a glass of cold wine?”

“That would be nice. Hi, Penny,” she added, crouching down to rub and stroke Penny’s head.

Returning from the kitchen, I handed her a glass and sat on the bench next to her, stretching my legs out.

She sipped and sighed with pleasure. “Sorry to intrude, but I thought I saw a light on.”

“You’re always welcome, neighbor.” Penny chuffed as if agreeing and settled down, eyes and ears watchful.

The silence was comfortable. I felt no urge to fill it. Eventually Chantal spoke.

“I wanted to talk to you about Bella. There are things about her you should be aware of.”

I waited out her silence.

“She’s very comfortable around you. It’s clear she likes both you and Penny and, given the chance, will be pestering you all summer.”

“I don’t mind.”

Another silence fell as she sipped wine. She sighed quietly.

“You need to know that she was traumatized when she was twelve years old. That’s why we moved here.”

“I’m sorry to hear it. She seems fine to me.”

Chantal continued. “She is better. I’m being overprotective, but I don’t want anything to derail her recovery.”

“What happened to her?”

“Two young men raped her on her way home from school.”

Her comment shocked me deeply. I’d never understood sexual assault. It was an alien act I couldn’t wrap my mind around.

Chantal continued. “The two twenty-year-olds took photos of her rape and posted them. Students at her school saw them on social media and it ruined her life. The police still haven’t caught those two rapists.

“Even worse, she got a sexually transmitted infection from it. Somehow the doctors missed diagnosed her. I missed it, too, mistaking her fever for a common virus.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.