A Well-Lived Life 2 - Book 2 - Stephie - Cover

A Well-Lived Life 2 - Book 2 - Stephie

Copyright © 2015-2023 Penguintopia Productions

Chapter 54: Summer of \'88, Part I

Coming of Age Sex Story: Chapter 54: Summer of \'88, Part I - This is the continuation of the story told in "A Well-Lived Life 2", Book 1. If you haven't read the entire 10 book "A Well-Lived Life" and the first book of "A Well-Lived Life 2" you'll have some difficulty following the story. This is a dialog driven story. Awards: 'Stephie' took 2nd place for Epic Erotic Story of the year, and 3rd place for Best Romantic Story of the Year in 2016.

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Fa/Fa   Mult   Tear Jerker   Workplace   Polygamy/Polyamory   First   Pregnancy   Slow  

July 5, 1988, Chicago, Illinois

"So you're going to start running again today?" Jessica asked as we walked to the hospital on Tuesday morning.

"Yes, instead of doing my kata. It's not like I don't do those enough at the dojo. And it's for a good cause."

"She had her proper checkups?"

"According to her mom, yes. I'll start out slow, Babe. I've been exercising in one way or another since I was twelve or so. In fact, today, we'll probably just stretch and walk fast. I'll slowly work her up to jogging and then running. I used to run with Anala before I gave it up in favor of karate six or seven days a week."

"What about when it gets cold?"

"We'll probably go to the dojo and do kata, which are pretty good aerobic exercises, and jump rope, as well. I don't do that a lot, but Sensei Jim recommends it as a good exercise."

"OK. See you tonight!"

We kissed and hugged and then Kara and I headed back home with Birgit. I changed into my shorts, t-shirt, and running shoes and then headed to Jackson Park to meet Jacquelyn. She arrived a few minutes early, which I thought was a good sign.

"Hi!" I said. "Ready to go?"

"It's 5:15am! How can you be so wide awake?"

"I'm used to getting up early. I've always been a morning person."

"Not me! I hate getting out of bed."

"Let's see if we can change that attitude! First, let's go over on the grass and do some stretching. Today, we'll just walk briskly, and we'll slowly work our way to jogging."

"I was wondering, because I don't think I could run a block without getting winded."

"I've seen you breathing pretty hard at karate, which is why I decided to do it this way. Come on, let's do some toe touches, knee bends, and then stretch our hamstrings."

We spent about ten minutes stretching, and then I set off at a very brisk walking pace. I wanted to get an idea of what she could handle. By my rough estimate, we'd only gone about half-a-mile when her breathing became labored and I slowed to a stroll.

"Sorry," she said, panting.

"Don't apologize. Everyone has to start somewhere. Let's just walk for the rest of our time. You'd be surprised how just walking can help get you into shape. But you have to cut back on the soda, chips, and candy."

She frowned, "But I like that stuff!"

"More than you hate being overweight?" I asked.

"No, I guess not. But if I have to give up everything I like, why bother?"

"I don't think you do. If you get into shape and keep exercising, having those things occasionally is OK. They're more like a reward. Like me taking you to dinner and a movie."

"If I give up pop and candy, I get to pick the place we eat dinner, not just the movie!"

I chuckled, "I can agree to that. We'll do what you want. But you have to lose thirty pounds, remember?"

"My doctor said thirty-five!"

"Muscle weighs more than fat," I said. "You'll lose at least that much fat, but you want to build muscles, too. You've seen Jolene, right? And Sarah, the blue belt?"

"I'll NEVER look like them!" she protested.

"Don't be so sure about that. You can get into really good shape, just like they are. Melody, the other white belt, told me that she lost a couple of pounds just from coming to karate three days a week. You can do that, for sure, especially if we run five days a week."

We finished our circuit, and I asked if she wanted me to walk her home. It turned out that it was more or less on the way, so I walked with her, and told her I'd meet her in front of her house from now on. She waved and went up the steps to her front door, and after she'd gone inside, I headed home for a shower and then went to work.

I had a surprise visitor later that morning. Theo came to the office just after 8:00am and asked to speak to me. I told Kimmy that we were going to get coffee and a bagel and we left the office.

"What's up?" I asked as we walked towards the bagel shop.

"We think someone is holding out on us. They use a computer to do their accounting, and I'm wondering if you could help us look at it."

"I guess it depends on what you need me to do, as well as when and where."

"I have the computer, but I figured you didn't want it in your office. We can use your old offices next to the union shop. I have a key."

"What exactly am I looking for?"

"To see if they're keeping two sets of books, or playing games with their finances. It's not important what it is, just whether they've been truthful or not."

"Sure. When?"

"Are you free right now?"

"I can make the time. Let's get a bagel and coffee and then walk over to the union hall."

Fifteen minutes later, I was sitting in front of a Compaq DeskPro 386 computer, looking through files and spreadsheets. I quickly deduced that this was from a hardware store or construction firm. Almost immediately, I found duplicate spreadsheets that showed very different income and expenses. I showed Theo what I found, and then he asked me to print out the basic details. In the process, I found the name of the construction company, but didn't say anything to Theo about that, because I was sure he knew.

"Thanks, Kid," he said. "This is exactly what I need. They've been lying to us and holding out. Go on back to your office."

We shook hands, and I headed back to my office and got to work.

July 7, 1988, Chicago, Illinois

I was reading the paper while Jessica finished her breakfast and saw a small article in the local news about a construction company that had suffered a fire. The article noted that they'd had a break-in a few days before, and now what appeared to be an arson fire. The name matched what I'd seen in the computer and it became obvious that the computer had been stolen, and that the fire was payback for not making proper payments to the Outfit. One more thing that I could never write in my journal.

As I finished my coffee, I thought back to when Becky and I had gathered information for our own safety, and wondered if I should start doing that again. I didn't expect any trouble, but I certainly didn't want to be caught up in something with no way to save myself. I decided that in addition to my journal, I was going to keep a secret file on everything that I'd done for the Outfit and everyone I knew. I'd had enough run-ins with the police and FBI to know that having that kind of information was a way out of quite a few predicaments. I didn't expect to ever need it, but it would provide some level of protection if the worst happened.

"How did your first two days go with Jacquelyn?" Jessica asked.

"About the way I expected. She can walk briskly for maybe half-a-mile and then she's so winded that we have to walk slowly the rest of the way. I did talk to her about cutting out the soda and candy, and she agreed, on the condition that in addition to picking the movie, she gets to pick where we have dinner."

"If she cuts out 500 calories of junk food a day and exercises, the weight will just fall right off."

"That's what I was thinking," I said. "We'll just see how it goes. She did talk about coming to karate at least one additional day a week, which will help."

"Speaking of that, what happened to that married couple?"

"They quit," I said. "They went to Sensei Jim and complained about having a 'young kid' as their instructor. He laughed and said that I was twenty-five, which wasn't all that young, but that as a 2nd Dan black belt I was the best person to teach them, and if they didn't like it, he'd refund their money."

"He should have let Les teach them!" she laughed.

Les was a purple belt that was around eleven, and I expected him to be ready to test for his black belt by the time he was thirteen. He'd moved up very quickly in the year that he'd been coming to the dojo.

"They would have flipped out at that point! On the plus side, Will, Melody, and Jacqui are all doing well."

"I think you're a good teacher, Tiger. Have you thought about having your own dojo at some point?"

"Sensei Jim and I talked about that. I don't think I'm quite ready for it. We'll see how things go when I run his dojo for him while he's in Japan next year. That's the real test."

"Belinda said that Fawn asked about using our sauna. Did you put her up to that?" Jessica asked.

"Hell no!" I said vehemently. "That was Penny trying to cause trouble! She suggested to Fawn that she use the sauna. I said that Fawn should talk to her mom and you about it. And if you do allow it, I'm going to be in the next God-damned state!"

Jessica and Kara both laughed.

"Are you afraid of that little girl, Snuggle Bear?" Kara teased.

"If there were a more dangerous 'little girl' around, I don't know who it might be!" I chuckled. "The LAST thing I need to see is Fawn in a bikini."

"Now there's a fantasy picture to get your juices flowing, Tiger!" Jessica giggled.

"I don't know who's worse! You two or Penny!" I said with a grin.

"But it's so much fun to tease you!" Jessica said. "I'm sure Penny figured that out right away."

"Oh, she did," I nodded. "Very much so. And she hasn't stopped. You should hear her at work!"

"That's your own fault!" Kara laughed. "You're the one who decided to share an office with her and sit that close to her!"

"Yes, I did. She teases me incessantly. But I give as good as I get."

"No way!" Jessica said. "You do not get under her skin like she does yours!"

"She'd LOVE me to get under her skin, but THAT isn't happening."

"Maybe I should give her a coupon!"

"Hmmm, a one-time only coupon or a coupon book?" I retorted.

"You'd want that?"

"Oh HELL no!" I laughed. "I don't even want to contemplate the complications that would come from that. I'd be safer going to Ohio and sleeping with Becky. And no, she does NOT need a coupon either!"

"It's fun to wind you up, Tiger!" Jessica laughed. "But it's time to go to work."

"Birgit's nursing, so I'll need to stay home, if that's OK," Kara said.

Indeed, my little Pumpkin was latched on to Kara's left nipple and was sucking away. Jessica and I gave Kara a kiss and then we set out for the hospital.

July 16, 1988, Chicago, Illinois

"You're doing much better," Sensei Jim said to Jacquelyn.

She beamed. We were still walking briskly, but she was making a full mile, and her breathing wasn't nearly as labored. She'd also lost four pounds, which had been what had really mattered to her.

"Thanks. Sensei Steve is really helping me a lot by exercising in the mornings."

"Keep it up! You'll be a yellow belt in no time!"

Sensei Jim didn't usually give public praise like that, but I'd pleaded with him to do it, much the same way I'd done when I convinced him to let Will learn to break boards. Each person had their own needs for affirmation and measure of success. One thing I noticed about Sensei Jim was that for him, the awarding of the belt was the main way he showed his approval. I thought a slightly different approach was needed, but this was his dojo. I was glad that he'd listened to me on these two occasions, and both times I'd been shown to be right.

My major project was still Jolene. She was improving, but I still wasn't sure exactly what Sensei Jim was looking for with her. He'd worked with me on the 'off balance' fighting style during the previous two weeks, and while we were working together, he had Jolene lead the class. But I'd had no indication that he was even close to promoting her. I wanted to ask, but that wasn't my place. And he'd made it clear that he would keep his own counsel as to when she'd be promoted.

When class ended, Stephanie, Jessica, and I walked home, and after a quick shower, we had lunch together. That evening would be a guys' and girls' night, so Jessica wanted to take a nap. I wasn't tired, so when she and Kara went up to bed, I went to my study to work on my journal. About fifteen minutes later, my sister came in.

"How's it going, Squirt?" I asked.

"I don't know what you did, but I can guess!" she smirked. "My friends are completely gaga over you!"

"The 'Truth or Dare' game was a lot of fun!" I replied.

"Melody said she's going to arrange another one!"

"Melody talks too much!" I groused.

"No, she was talking to Jenna. I just overheard. They aren't talking about it with anyone else. It's just obvious that they all like you. A lot!"

"Yeah, I have that effect on people!" I grinned.

"Asshole!" she laughed. "You had that effect on Hope, that's for sure!"

"I said like ten words to her!" I objected.

"Whatever, she thinks you're 'neato' and 'cool'."

"She's also only fourteen, and she's Jolene's daughter!"

"Hmm. You never had a mother AND her daughter!" Stephanie smirked.

"Not going to happen! You're just as much of a troublemaker as Penny!"

"I heard about that! Trying to get you and Fawn in the sauna together? That's just downright EEEVIL!"

"That's Penny!"

"When is Dad coming to Chicago?"

"The last weekend of the month. They'll come up on Friday the 29th and go home on Monday, August 1st, which is when Leila comes back to Chicago."

"It's hard to believe that Sofia and her friends are all starting medical school!"

"And Kara's starting on her Master's. And you'll finish your undergrad degree next Spring!"

"And Jesse will be three by then. Time is really flying!"

"Yes, it is." I said. "Before we know it, my kids will be grown and having their own kids. Time marches on. How are you and Jorge doing?"

"Good. You know my issue."

"So talk to the man about it!" I said. "I managed to work it out."

"You are the luckiest 'dumb boy' on the planet, Big Brother! I'm not sure how he'll take it."

"The only way to know is to ask. If you don't, and you get married, then you're committed. If just having him for the rest of your life doesn't work for you, you HAVE to tell him."

"What if he says 'no'?" she asked, a hint of sadness in her voice.

"Then you have a tough decision to make," I said. "The same one I would have had to make with Penny or Anna or Sofia or Karin. You know they were all real possibilities."

"I know," she sighed.

"You still have a few years before you planned to get married. Or is the problem that you have an itch that you want to scratch?"

"I honestly don't know. I see you having fun like the 'Truth or Dare' game or your little fling with Jolene, and I'm jealous."

"Of me?" I asked. "Or of them?"

"Both. And you know it! But I know where we are and we have to stay there. For the sake of your relationships AND mine."

"Still wishing we had run off to some deserted island or impenetrable jungle?"

"No, we did the right thing, as hard as it was to do. I guess I just need to talk to Jorge."

"Yes, you do," I agreed.

July 18, 1988, Chicago, Illinois

"Do you think you can come out to play on Saturday afternoon?" Melody asked as I was working with her on her kata at the dojo.

"I'll ask. OK to let you know tomorrow?"

"Sure! It'll just be the same girls."

I smirked, "I'm sure!"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.