A Well-Lived Life 2 - Book 2 - Stephie - Cover

A Well-Lived Life 2 - Book 2 - Stephie

Copyright © 2015-2023 Penguintopia Productions

Chapter 25: Business and Pleasure

Coming of Age Sex Story: Chapter 25: Business and Pleasure - This is the continuation of the story told in "A Well-Lived Life 2", Book 1. If you haven't read the entire 10 book "A Well-Lived Life" and the first book of "A Well-Lived Life 2" you'll have some difficulty following the story. This is a dialog driven story. Awards: 'Stephie' took 2nd place for Epic Erotic Story of the year, and 3rd place for Best Romantic Story of the Year in 2016.

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Fa/Fa   Mult   Tear Jerker   Workplace   Polygamy/Polyamory   First   Pregnancy   Slow  

November 9, 1987, Chicago, Illinois

"I'd say things are looking good," Julia said as we toured the new building with Gerald Brown, who was acting as the general contractor.

"I have six items on the punch list," he replied, tapping on his clipboard. "The modular furniture will be delivered tomorrow and installed by Thursday. We'll do the final walk-through on Friday."

"Thanks, Mr. Brown," I said, pleased with the progress. "Julia, what about the phones and network?"

"The Merlin control unit is installed. The vendor will install the phones once the furniture is in, which means Friday. The network wiring is roughed in for the workstations and finished for everything else. We can move in next week."

Julia signed the punch list, and she, Elyse, Dave, Cindi, and I headed back to the union building, and went into her office.

"Next Monday will be a bit tricky," Julia said. "The phones will start ringing at the new place first thing, so Kimmy will need to go there, along with Cassie. Jorge and Stephanie volunteered to move Kimmy's and Cassie's computers on Saturday and set them up. The movers will come at 9:00am, so everyone needs to be packed up by then. They can either come in on Saturday or early on Monday to pack their desks."

"Who's moving the rest of the computers?" I asked.

"The movers. We have special boxes to pack them in. They'll be completely protected."

I frowned. I didn't like the idea of the movers touching my computer, and I was sure Penny would feel the same way.

"I'm not sure that's a good idea," I said.

Julia smiled, "You and Penny can move your own computers. Your sister said you'd be touchy about it."

"She knows me too well. Thanks."

"There's a lock on the door of your office in the new building," Dave laughed.

"Am I that bad?" I asked.

"Yes!" Julia, Dave, Cindi, and Elyse all chorused, laughing.

I laughed as well and went back to my office to get some work done.

November 10, 1987, Chicago, Illinois

Lieutenant Geordi La Forge: They're wild in some ways, actually puritanical in others. Neat as pins, ultra-lawful; and they make love at the drop of a hat.

Lieutenant Tasha Yar: Any ... hat.

Kara got up from where she was sitting next to me and left the room. She was back a minute later and dropped my brown fedora on the floor in front of me, causing everyone to laugh, with Jessica and my sister laughing hardest.

"Trying to tell me something?" I chuckled.

"As if you didn't know Kara likes to fuck!" my sister laughed. "She has since High School!"

"Look who's talking!" Kara laughed. "I seem to recall you liked it in High School too! In fact, I believe EVERYONE in this room likes it!"

"I do!" Jessica squealed.

"Me, too!" Leila said saucily.

The other girls all chimed in with agreement.

"I know what YOU'RE doing tonight," Josie laughed.

"OH!" I moaned, "The sacrifices I make for my wives!"

Suddenly I was being hit with throw pillows, and not just by Jessica and Kara. Elyse and Jennifer threw the ones they had at me while my wives beat me with theirs. I put my hands up to shield my face and laughed along with them.

"The show's back on," I protested.

"Think we should stop?" Jessica asked.

"For now!" Kara giggled.

"You know, Wesley is so annoying, I think they should just let the Edo execute him!" Josie said.

"Agreed!" Elyse said.

When the show finished, my wives dragged me to bed and tortured me for two hours. I decided that I'd take that kind of torture any day!

November 13, 1987, Chicago, Illinois

"What are we doing on Sunday for Elyse's birthday?" Jessica asked as we came out of the movie theatre on Friday evening.

"Well, she couldn't very well plan her own party, now could she?" I grinned. "Our housemates, current and former, plus Kurt and Kathy, and two of her friends from UofC are coming. I also arranged a surprise for her."

"Surprise?" Kara asked.

"I tracked down Eduardo at his firm in Madrid. He's going to call her. They occasionally exchange letters, but I thought a phone call would be nice. He also sent a gift to my attention at work, which I have for her. I'll give it to her when he calls."

"That's so sweet! But that's a really long-distance relationship!"

"It is, but he was the one guy who she really clicked with. He's still single, so you never know what might happen. His MBA is from an American school, and his English is excellent, so he could easily work in the US if he wanted to. His firm even has an office here in Chicago."

"What about a cake?" Kara asked.

"Kathy's baking it."

"Are we going for ice cream?" Jessica asked.

"Whatever you want! Let's walk over to Häagen-Dazs."

"What did you think of the movie, Tiger?"

"I think Richard Dawson playing an evil game show host was just hilarious, and honestly, I bet you could make a fortune with a real TV show like The Running Man."

"Like with deaths and everything?" she asked.

"I didn't say you would actually be ABLE to get it on TV, but if you could, you'd make an absolute fortune. People would pay big to watch it on pay-per-view."

"That's sick!"

"I didn't say it was a good idea, or that I liked it, just that you could make a fortune! Think about how much money pro football makes. Or auto racing."

"Would YOU watch it? Knowing people were getting killed?"

"We watch combat footage on television," I said. "And footage of natural disasters. What's the most replayed video on TV in the last two years?"

"The shuttle exploding," she sighed.

"And back when I was a Senior in High School, it was Reagan being shot. And how many times have you seen the Zapruder film? Or that famous picture of the little girl with her clothes burned off by napalm? People pay to watch that stuff. I remember Larry Flynt once sending out a glossy magazine in Cincinnati that had pictures of mutilated bodies from war that he called 'real' obscenity. I actually agree with him. I suspect as a doctor, you would, too."

She nodded, "I don't have a problem with porn as long as everyone consents. War, on the other hand, well, I saw it in Ethiopia. Starving people tend not to have much respect for life. And when the government breaks down, violence becomes common."

"I don't think it's just the breakdown of government," I said. "Governments have killed way more people in war or organized programs of extermination than individuals or rebel groups ever have. I think it's more than that. But forget the politics!"

"I guess I've seen enough carnage in the ER to last a lifetime, and I'm not even in an inner-city hospital, even though there are plenty of low-income neighborhoods in our service area. Cook County is apparently like a war zone at times."

"Do you have any idea where you might go with MSF?" I asked.

"No. They were kicked out of Ethiopia right around the time I came home, because they harshly criticized the government there. Their biggest operation right now is in Sudan, though they're also in Uganda, Zaire, and Afghanistan. The problem is that there is no official US-based MSF organization, so I'll have to coordinate through the headquarters in France. UofC has a relationship with them, though it's not sanctioned by the US government."

"I didn't realize that. So the donations I send to them in Washington?"

"It's a fund-raising agency that forwards the donations to France."

"I'm not sure that I could go to Afghanistan, given my 'Soviet entanglements'," I said.

"The most likely place we'd go would be Sudan, but we'll worry about that in a year or so when I apply. Changing the subject, what did we get Elyse for her birthday?" Jessica asked.

"A complete set of bedding — sheets, comforter, pillowcase, that kind of thing. I noticed she needed them last Saturday night. I also bought her a nice bracelet, which Kara helped me pick out. Her best present was you letting me spend the night last Saturday."

"You didn't seem worn out on Sunday morning!" Jessica laughed. "What happened?"

"We made love once. What she really wanted was to sleep in my arms."

"Told ya!" Kara laughed. "Snuggle Bear strikes again!"

November 14, 1987, Chicago, Illinois

"I have my car out front, Penny. Shall we move our computers?"

"Yes! I can't believe anyone is letting those apes from the moving company touch their computer!"

I chuckled, "It does help to be strong to do that job, but I totally agree with you. Our office in the new building has a lock, according to Julia."

"So we can fuck?" Penny giggled.

"No! So nobody can touch our stuff! Get your mind out of the gutter, young lady!"

"You put it there! You only have yourself to blame!"

I laughed, "Very true. Now be quiet and carry your computer out to my car!"

She stuck her tongue out at me and I was VERY tempted to use my old line, but that would only give Penny another opening to suggest sex. The thing was, she was teasing as much as I was. She and Ned were exclusive, and she had told me that she loved him. She wasn't going to mess that up any more than she wanted to mess up things at work.

"Why are you guys moving your computers?" Tasha asked as we walked past her workstation.

"Because I don't want anyone to touch it," I said. "I'm really picky that way."

"But you let people use your computers at your house all the time in the past."

"There were two in my office that were dedicated for my use, and except on very rare occasions nobody else touched them. I have everything set up exactly the way I want and don't want anyone to mess with it."

"Oh. Are you coming back? I want to talk to you for a minute."

"Sure. Let us move the computers and get them set up. Penny will stay there to work, and I'll come back. I'll bring you a key and the alarm code, too."

It took about thirty minutes for Penny and me to move into our new office. The furniture had been configured so that Penny and I could sit very close together when we were coding, but also we had a desk, visitor chairs, a small sofa, and a small table so that I could have meetings if I needed to. There was also a table in the corner with my old Mac and the LaserWriter printer. I'd purchased a new Mac SE, complete with a hard disk the previous week, but that was on my desk at home.

"Here's your key," I said to Penny. "And the alarm code is on this little card."

"Does everyone have the same code?"

"Yes. It's a fairly simple system. Memorize the code so that you don't need to carry the card with you. There's a note on there that if somebody is forcing you to disarm the alarm, you press 'star' instead of 'pound' and the alarm company will immediately send the police, but the alarm will appear to be disarmed."

"Got it," she said.

"I'll see you tomorrow for Elyse's party. Julia, Dave, and Cassie will be in and out today. Just lock up when you're done, and set the alarm. If you need a phone, there's one on the wall in the server room next to the new phone system. The ones on the desks can't make outside calls until Monday."

She stood up and kissed my cheek, and I headed back to the old offices.

"What can I do for you?" I asked, sitting down next to Tasha's desk.

"I, uh, got my results yesterday," she said softly. "I'm, uh, clean."

"I knew that would be the case, but we had to be sure."

She sat quietly, blushing slightly, and staring at the floor. I realized that she didn't know what to say or do next, so I would have to take the lead. I also knew that she was going to be extremely nervous, at least at first, and wondered what the best approach was. She also wouldn't want people to know about it, and, frankly, neither would I. I quickly formulated a plan that I thought would be OK with Jessica and Kara, but which I could change if need be.

"Tasha, next Saturday, let's go to lunch in the Loop. I'll book a hotel room, so we have some privacy. I don't think being at my house is a good idea, because so many people are around. I'm not hiding this from Jess or Kara; I'll tell them about it. But I think you'll be more comfortable that way."

She bit her lower lip and nodded, "I'd like that."

"Good! Would you like a kiss before I head home?"

"Yes!" she gushed, suddenly no longer demure and shy.

We locked lips and exchanged an urgent French kiss that expressed exactly what we wanted. Tasha plastered her body against mine and moaned softly into my mouth as we kissed. She broke the kiss and took a couple of deep breaths, then released me, straightened her clothes, and sat down.

"See you on Tuesday," I said.

"Yeah, Tuesday," she breathed, trying to regain her composure.

November 15, 1987, Chicago, Illinois

"Morning, Babe. How was the ER last night?" I asked when Jessica came through the doors that led from the Emergency Room.

"Quiet. I got about five hours of sleep!"

"So no nap after breakfast?"

"No. But that doesn't mean no bed!" she giggled.

"You are insatiable, Doctor Adams!"

"And whose fault it that?"

"He IS good at things besides snuggling!" Kara chimed in.

We headed home, and after eating breakfast, went up to our room to make love, and then after a quick shower, we began to prepare for Elyse's birthday party.

"Jess, Tasha received her test results back," I said. "And I wanted to check with you on my plan."

"Somewhere besides the house, right?"

"Exactly. I thought I'd take her to lunch next Saturday and then get a room at the InterContinental. That gives her some privacy and keeps prying eyes away, if you know what I mean."

"She doesn't want people to know?"

"Right. And I'd like to keep the knowledge limited because of the whole NIKA issue."

"Sure, Tiger. Have fun!"

"Jess, would you be OK if he spent the night with her?" Kara asked.

"Did he put you up to this?" Jessica asked, hands on her hips.

"No! It was my idea, Jess," Kara said. "If she's as nervous as she seems, a time limit or deadline might make it worse. Besides, you'll be working."

"Our agreement didn't include sleepovers," Jessica said with a slight smile.

Kara smiled, "No, it didn't. But you kind of tossed that out when you agreed he could sleep over with Elyse!"

I was keeping my mouth shut, because I didn't think there was a thing I could say that would help. I agreed with Kara, but Jessica was right about our agreement. And I hadn't planned to spend the night with Tasha, just use the room for the afternoon and evening.

"I did tell Tiger to use his best judgment, and it's you who are giving up sleeping with him, so I'll leave it up to him to decide. If he thinks that's best, I won't complain or object. Tiger, whatever happened with Courtney?"

"I said she had to be tested, and that's the last time I've seen or heard from her. I know she's around, because she's on Tasha's team in Professor Bannerman's class at IIT, but she hasn't called or come by."

"I wonder if she has a problem or fears that she has a problem," Jessica said.

"I have no clue," I said. "I can't even begin to speculate."

"Did Leila ever talk to you?"

"No, but she's super-busy with school, given this is her last year. I expect her to ask during Thanksgiving or Christmas break."

"Is Charlie seeing that guy from the Navy?"

I laughed, "She kicked all the other guys to the curb. Whatever it is that Clayton has, Charlie is hooked!"

"Maybe it's twue what they say about bwack men," Kara said with a laugh.

I loved Blazing Saddles and she knew I'd get the reference right away.

"You've seen Jeremiah in the sauna," I chuckled. "He's about the same size as the rest of us."

"Maybe!" Jessica laughed. "You can't be sure unless you see him ready for business, and that doesn't happen in the sauna. Well, except when we want it to with Steve!"

Both girls laughed, and I shook my head. We had everything prepared for the party by mid-morning, so we went to hang out in the great room.

"Is your dad going to live here when he takes over for Julia after she has her baby?" Jessica asked.

"Yes. I'll turn the old study room we used as a library into my new study, and my dad will use the room off the kitchen, because it has a full bathroom right next door. I didn't think a guest room was appropriate. And then we'll leave that room set up as a bedroom in case we do decide to go the nanny route."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.