From Dust It Came
Chapter 2

Copyright© 2016 by L. Sprague Campbell Jr.

The alien goo inside the stray dog was keeping a wary eye out for the dreaded dog-catcher that filled the dogs of the neighborhood with deep-seated fear, even if they knew they had a safe house to go home to.

He had begun to use his super sensitive ears to tune in on the familiar whine of the badly timed van engine that identified the approaching agent of death. Rex saw the silly French poodle running in a vacant lot next to the parking garage and was tempted to try her out for another test run, but he knew the place was far too exposed for safe passage.

After the episode with the poodle, the alien goo life-form had decided to be a male of the human species, because it was so satisfying for him to drain his cosmic juices into the void of enveloping feminine folds. He could barely wait until he had the opportunity to experiment with the human species instead of this lower species order with limited brain-power. The thought made him somewhat distracted and he almost missed the house that supposedly held the Chief Scientist of the newly formed Interplanetary Development Commission (IDC), Frank Shafer PHD.

The lights were on and he could see the shadows of movement inside the neatly kept home. His orders had instructed him to make entry in any way possible without raising an alarm that would cast suspicion on the occupant in the aftermath. It was easy to simply slip in thru the living fence, wiggling on his belly most of the way. The swimming pool was covered with a heavy thick tarp and tied down to prevent any accidents. The back yard was empty and the falling leaves from the surrounding trees were scattered all over the ground in desperate need of raking up and burning in the empty fifty gallon steel drum behind the storage shed. It didn’t look like professor Shafer was interested in the minor details of yard work and had apparently not hired someone to tend to that task.

The sliding glass door to the patio was slightly ajar and the alien goo padded silently on all four paws into the room with books on every wall. The distracted scientist was hard at work on his computer shielded from outside interference by a fire wall server that filled the entire garage area. It was strange that the professor had made such elaborate defenses against cyber intrusions but had neglected to protect his own back yard.

The small dog crawled silently into position directly behind the scientist’s chair ready to touch his muzzle or tongue on any part of the man’s bare skin to make the almost instantaneous transfer of genetic presence. It happened so quickly that even the well-trained dog was amazed at his luck in finding the opportunity so fast.

The now alien-free stray dog wandered out to the back yard and managed to escape thru the fence in the dark without any chance for the cameras to records his passage.

The professor sat at the computer terminal blankly staring at the screen. He tried to remember exactly what it was that he was searching for without success and decided to turn it off until he could gather his thoughts in a more logical manner.

Frank headed straight to the bathroom and stripped off all of his clothing. He stacked them in a neat pile on the bench next to the sink and moved into the shower with a familiar determination to cleanse his skin from head to toe. His long, lean fingers ran smoothly along his well-muscled arms and legs and he used the tiny towel to attend to all the nooks and hiding places on his torso and neck and scalp. He automatically weighted himself on the scale and marked the weight on the log book on the wall next to the mirror. He shaved with the cheap razor because it was actually the most effective one and carefully moved around the little mole on his chin because he did not want to cause any problem that would result in the spilling of blood.

Rex, the former stray dog could only remember some sort of funny business with a stuck-up French poodle. It mystified him because the bitch was not his type at all and he wondered why he had ever gotten involved with her in the first place. He headed for the open fields outside of town and swore never to get involved with strange bitches ever again.

The absent-minded scientist looked at his reflection in the mirror and knew instinctively that he was Sirtis-9, son of Sirtis-8 and that he had started his exploratory mission at a time when his world was in conflict with the entire Federation over certain cultural differences his people adhered to as a basic citizen’s right.

All of Frank Shafer’s brain cell activities were feeding into Sirtis-9’s agenda board and he buffered them to prevent any permanent damage. Within fifteen minutes of transfer, Sirtis-9 concluded that the brilliant scientist was not an appropriate host for extended transfer. His data analysis scanners determined that the handsome man was actually in the last stages of deadly cancer and would not survive long enough for Sirtis-9 to complete his mission. That meant that he would have to implement an immediate transfer to an alternate host but he would be able to keep the brain cell data in his memory banks because it was vital for his success. He stumbled into the bedroom and tried his best to sleep despite the knowledge he was harboring a terminal disease. The affliction had been eliminated centuries ago on his planet of origination and he found it a cruel joke to be under the threat on another world.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.