The Electrician
Chapter 14

Copyright© 2016 by Unca D

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 14 - Adam, smarting a recent divorce, is renting a bungalow from a friend until he can find a permanent residence. A call to an electrician to fix a faulty outlet results in Kara showing up for the job. He discovers she has similar interests and invites her to dinner, which she reluctantly accepts. They fall in love. Adam is surprised to learn Kara is a 29-year-old virgin. At her request he deflowers her. Their love is tested when Kara suspects, despite their engaging in safe sex, she is pregnant.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual   Fiction   First   Oral Sex   Slow  

Adam roused and found himself alone in bed. He swung his feet to the floor. “Kara?” he called. She wasn’t to be found in the bathroom. “Kara?” he called again. He headed, nude, to the front bedroom and peered out the window. He saw her white Buick still parked in the drive.

He pulled on a pair of khaki shorts and headed down the stairs. The front door was ajar. Adam stepped onto the porch and saw Kara standing barefoot and wearing one of his button-up dress shirts. “I woke up and you weren’t in bed,” he said. “I was worried for a moment. Have you been up for long?”

“About an hour. Daylight woke me and I couldn’t get back to sleep. There aren’t any curtains on the windows in that room. I borrowed one of your shirts as a wrap. I hope you don’t mind.”

“Not at all. We’re so isolated and it’s so private here, we really don’t need curtains.”

“We should have them for light control. I came out here to enjoy the morning air. It’s so much more fresh than in town. Adam -- we should get some outdoor furniture to put on the porch -- a couple of chairs and maybe a bistro table. It would be lovely to have morning coffee out here.”

“How about one of those hanging swings? The kind that can seat two.”

“That would be genius, Adam.”

“I’ll ask my dad if he could build one for us. He’s better at woodworking than I am and he loves a project.”

“You did okay with the wainscoting,” she remarked.

“I’m fine with things that are only right angles. Weird, complex angles -- leave them to Dad.”

She drew in a breath. “I love the smell of the corn in the fields once it’s tasseled out. You’re right -- it is private here. I don’t think I’ve seen a car on the road the whole time I’ve been out here. I’ll bet it can be dicey in winter.”

“It will be one of the last roads plowed after a snowstorm. The road is flat and it crosses county highways on either end. Those will get plowed first. Unless it’s real big snow it shouldn’t be too bad.”

“It’s beautiful out here,” she said. “I’ve never lived out in the country. I grew up in the suburbs, where you could walk to your friends’ houses. Out here it must be miles to the nearest neighbor.”

“I used to ride my bike right past this house on my way to my best friend’s,” he replied. “I could easily ride a mile in four or five minutes on my bike, even when I was in middle school. And, of course, there was the school bus. That was a social institution.”

“I rode a school bus and it was just transportation.”

“You get used to the distances,” he said.

“I do think I could love living out here. I hope these farm fields don’t get developed.”

“They’re still being tilled and I’ve yet to see a for-sale sign,” he replied. “We can’t stop progress. The good news is, this place is on the far side of the county from where all the development is taking place. I don’t mind a half-hour drive to the outskirts of town, but many folks do. There’s plenty of closer-in land waiting to be developed.” He reached for her hand. They locked fingers and she lifted his hand to her lips to kiss the back of it. “You seem in a good mood this morning.”

“I’m in a wonderful mood.” She admired her ring. “This ring is absolutely perfect, Adam. I can’t get over how much thought you put into it.”

“Have you stopped mourning that embryo?”

“No, and I hope I never stop mourning it. I still grieve, but it’s further back in my mind. I realize it was something else that was making me miserable. I was mourning losing something between us.”

“Don’t you think we found it again last night?”

“I don’t think our lives are ever going to be the same,” she replied. “Sometimes change can be good. There was something care-free about our relationship. I think that phase is over, replaced by something more ... serious -- something with a direction. When you mentioned starting a family -- that really drove it home. I didn’t think you wanted kids, Adam.”

“I don’t, not want them. Now’s not the time.”

“I hope we can start a family. If we do, I’ll cherish our children, more than if I hadn’t had the abortion. That embryo won’t have died in vain.”

“Did you have plans for the weekend?” he asked.

“To tell the truth, at this time yesterday, I was dreading the weekend. I was especially dreading today. Without work to keep my mind off my funk, I knew I’d be miserable. Then, Sunday I’d have to put on my happy face and spend the day with Mom.”

“By the way, what’s the word from Arthur?”

“He’s still traveling,” Kara replied. “Mom gets regular email from him.”

“So, what would you like to do today?”

“Do you think your realtor friend would be able to come to my place and give us some advice for getting it on the market?”

“Peter? I can call and ask him. Now is a little early for him I think. It sounds like you want to hit the ground running.”

“I’m looking at this as a new beginning for both of us, Adam.”

“Would you like some breakfast? I’ve been experimenting with that new range and have successfully boiled water without burning it. I can cook a couple eggs. I don’t have a toaster...”

“Don’t bother buying one. I have one that’s perfectly functional, if you don’t mind styling that’s late-century modern.”

“That’s fine. For now I can make toast under the broiler”

“I want to shower first. You don’t happen to have a hair dryer, do you?”

“No. Sorry -- I missed that one.”

“I can let it air dry. I’ll put on what I wore here yesterday but I will avail myself of some of the underwear you have stashed.”


Kara was in her bedroom, stuffing clothing into a large suitcase. “I want to spend as much time with you as I can, but in the short term I’ll still need to do my work from here. I’m trying to figure out what to keep at your place...”

“Our place,” he interrupted. “Now, it’s our place and your place.”

“ ... what to keep at our place and what to leave at my place.”

“I think you’ve got it!”

“It’s an adjustment, for sure. I’ll probably need to get up a half hour earlier on work days in order to drive here to load my truck. And, then drive a half hour back to our place after parking the truck.”

“Park the truck at our place,” he suggested. “You don’t need to resupply every trip, do you?”

“No ... It is full of expensive stuff as well as my tools, though. I don’t like the idea of parking it out in the open.”

“I don’t think anyone would bother it out there. You could park it behind the house. At some point we’ll need to figure out what to do with the back yard, but for now that would keep it out of sight from the road.”

“I suppose we could try it that way. I am going to leave a few changes of work clothes here at my place.”

“Make sure to pack some nice clothes.”

“Oh, I will.”

“I thought we could go to the Reef Inn for a nice dinner tonight -- to celebrate our engagement.”

“I’d like that. We’re becoming regulars there. Of course, there isn’t much of a choice. I could wear what I wore to the Velvet room,” she said, coyly.

“I love you in that. It might be beyond the pale for the Reef. How about that two-piece outfit you wore to Shanghai Palace? I thought you looked really sharp in that.”

“Okay. It’s actually three piece -- a suit and top. I’ll also need to bring stockings and dress shoes...”

“Do you have enough room for everything?”

“This bag holds a lot.”

“I can start scavenging cardboard cartons,” he said.

“I’m beginning to feel daunted.”

The doorbell rang. “That must be Peter.”

Adam followed Kara to the front door. “Peter, thanks for coming out on a Saturday.”

“No worries.” He stepped inside, looked around and let out a low whistle. “Looks like seventies decor that was never updated. You do realize that a buyer would regard this as a reno job.”

“Yes,” Kara replied. “I bought this place because I needed somewhere to come home to, not because it was stylish.”

“Let’s see what we have here ... Split-level ranch. Main level has eat-in kitchen and all-purpose room. Look at that shag carpeting.”

“I never had a chance to replace it,” Kara replied.

“Actually, shag is coming back into style. What’s on the upper level?”

“There’s the bathroom, three bedrooms and a big closet,” she replied.

“Let’s take a look...” The three walked through the upper level. “New carpeting in this bedroom.”

“I had to do that,” Kara said. “What was there was in bad shape.”

“Is there hardwood underneath?”

“No, just particle board.”

“That’s too bad...”

“This room I use as an office, and the third bedroom is empty.”

“The bathroom is a good size. Too bad there’s only one.”

“There is a powder room on the lower level.”

“Show me the way,” Peter replied.

They entered a large, unfurnished room. “I’ve never been in this part of the house,” Adam remarked.

“This is a good sized rec room.”

“Maybe so,” Kara interjected. “I’ve never used it.”

“The place has potential. Have there been any upgrades?”

“The roof was replaced by the prior owner a couple years before I bought it,” Kara replied. “I put in a new furnace.”

“Baseboard heat ... no central air. What do you folks want to get out of the place?”

“We want it priced to sell,” Adam replied.

“But -- we don’t want it priced too low,” Kara added. “We need to get around a hundred thousand back in equity.”

“Hmm ... What’s your financing look like?”

“I put in a hundred thousand when I bought it,” she explained. “I paid two forty-nine, so we need to get at least that. I don’t want to lose equity.”

“The market has improved in three years,” Peter remarked.

“There was a place down the street that went on the market about two weeks ago,” Adam said. “It’s about the same vintage, but smaller. I was watching it online. It had two bedrooms and one bath. Kara’s house has three bedrooms and a bath and a half. I think it sold already.”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.