A Long Time Ago, Maybe Not Too Long Though - Cover

A Long Time Ago, Maybe Not Too Long Though

Copyright© 2016 by Lapi

Chapter 2

The Augusta landed on a ‘Tennis Court’ that did not have any nets. That good old FAA said it was too close to the Naval Base or the Marine Base or trees, or water or desert, whatever, you try to deal with a cretin with power.

Well it is often easier to ask forgiveness than for permission. You would think they were more interested in keeping the ‘Terrorists’ from flying in from Mexico with impunity, but that’s not what their job is, only to harass taxpayers.

When the helicopter landed, ‘Sleeping Beauty’ was still sleeping. Showing the better part of valour I asked Rob and Bruno to carry her up to her room. Why you ask, well have you ever tried to wake a sleeping girl up? No way Jose. It just can’t be done. I said she was a tall girl and had grown up and out, she was also a healthy girl. Not the ‘Strong like bull’ farm girls or lady Olympian but no 98 pound weakling either. You try carrying her to her room. She was staying just down the hall where Krista lived. Prince and Princess were, as usual ‘on-duty’ and they got the customary introduction and hand sniffing. I should make this point now perhaps, there are guard dogs and protection dogs. A guard dog works with a team and human handlers and usually incapacitates or hold the target for someone else. A protection dog kills. Usually ripping out the throat and even if wounded has only one thing on its mind, to protect their charge. Prince and Princess were protection dogs, 145 & 115 pounds of Rottweiler respectively. Most of the guard dogs were a Doberman breed or Alsatians. There were 4 protection dogs in Marc’s room. Two were giant Mastiffs and two a mix of wolf and Ridgeback. These were big dogs. In the past, both breeds were used to hunt and kill lions and could make short work of a 350 pound prey.

I always wondered what we would do if anyone staying with us did not like dogs? Traci and Yvette undressed Gina and put her to bed. I offered to help if they needed me. About that time, Krista came up and did not look pleased. Hey! I’m a guy, what do we know? Besides, as a certain, un-named person (Krista) says to me daily, ‘I’m right-handed and a man’, as though that was some kind of disease.

“So buster, is she my replacement or opponent in some kind of ‘Death Match’? Oh, I know she’s a meal or two for the dogs?”

One got the idea that Krista did not know about Gina. I did tell her, didn’t I? My mind was racing a might, I remembered there were a couple of things I had forgotten to tell her. About the time I was feeling a little warm under the collar, the thought that Krista had adapted to my lifestyle a bit too much crossed my mind.

She shook her head. “Camille told me, she’s your cousin but those dogs do get hungry!” I did not like the look on her face. She was getting to be, like, like, a wife now.

In those few seconds, I went into a panic. ‘Had I also forgotten Krista’s birthday, some holiday, feast day, a tip to the waiter or what’ I thought.

Needless to say that night saw no visitors except Prince or Princess on their rounds in the hall. Even my dogs could hear them and the hall floor had a carpet runner. I can never tell who is who, or whom or what, Oh, you get the idea. Oh yeah, none of the dogs bark, they were trained not to. They may growl a bit and no, none has had surgery to remove their vocal cords, I don’t treat my dogs that way.

The next morning seemed to be a beautiful day. A chill went down my back as Krista and Gina walked up to me. No they were in good spirits it was Bonne’s kid who put some ice from his juice down my back, the little shit.

It is boring, but I will advise you never give the cops your private number, Sat phone, cell or ‘Dick Tracy’ wrist band radio frequency. That’s why lawyers make the big bucks. I hear they called like 27 times. That bill from them next month was going to be high.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.