A Well-Lived Life 2 - Book 1 - Bethany
Chapter 54: An Anniversary and a Wedding

Copyright © 2015-2023 Penguintopia Productions

Coming of Age Sex Story: Chapter 54: An Anniversary and a Wedding - Steve may not have been closer to anyone, other than his sister, than Bethany. Her surprise decision to move to Chicago to complete her Master's degree and be closer to Steve cemented their relationship. The Vegas odds were on her becoming the future Mrs. Adams. But what if she also had ulterior motives behind leaving Madison, and her own agenda as well? What she held back from him is exactly what caused their plans to implode in dramatic fashion. Now, it’s time for them to pick up the pieces.

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Mult   Romantic   Workplace   Polygamy/Polyamory   First   Slow  

June 3, 1987, Chicago, Illinois

"Ready to go home?" I asked Elyse when I came back to the room.

She was sitting in a wheelchair.

"Yep. Just buzz the nurse and they'll send an orderly to push me out. I could walk, but they said 'no'."

I nodded and pressed the call button. Five minutes later, an orderly was pushing Elyse and Matthew down the hall towards the elevator. Jessica had been by earlier to check on us, but she'd had to go to work. I was taking the day off to spend with Elyse, but she was going to have help from Bethany, Kara, Sofia, and my sister once I went back to work.

"We're home!" I called out as Elyse and I walked in the back door with Matthew.

The girls quickly mobbed Elyse, and Jesse toddled in. He stood with his arms crossed and looked daggers at me.

"No new baby!" he declared.

"Jesse, come see your brother," I said.

"No!"

I smiled, and picked him up, and took him over to where Elyse and the girls were standing.

"Hi, Jesse!" Elyse said with a big smile. "This is your brother Matthew!"

"No brother!" he grumped.

"I don't think you have a choice, young man," Kara said with a smile.

"He'll get over it," Bethany said. "It's fairly normal. When the next one comes along, it'll be no big deal. Now Jesse has to share his dad, and that bothers him."

"What can we do for you, Elyse?" Stephanie asked.

"Nothing right now. I'm just going to take him upstairs. I'll call you on the new intercom that Steve set up if I need help. But Steve's staying with me today."

I handed Jesse back to Kara and then took Elyse and Matthew up to Elyse's room, using the elevator. We put him in his crib, and then Elyse and I lay down in her bed and cuddled.

"One down, one to go!" she exclaimed happily.

"You're already thinking about number two? Really?"

"Absolutely! About two years from now. This was so easy, really."

"It didn't look easy to me!"

"That's because all men are wimps!" she teased.

"In this area? I won't argue with you!"

"Good. Now, let's just cuddle."

I took her in my arms, and she rested her head on my chest and fell asleep.

June 9, 1987, Chicago, Illinois

"Happy Anniversary!" I said to Jennifer when I picked up Jesse on Tuesday morning.

"Thanks! You guys are keeping him tonight, right?"

"Absolutely. We want you and Josie to have a good time tonight at dinner, and an even better time afterwards," I smirked. "Jess will watch him while Kara and I are at karate. She doesn't have her first class until Saturday."

"She's on days this week?"

"Yes. 5:00am to 5:00pm."

"How come you're getting Jesse instead of Kara?"

"She wanted to run an errand this morning, so I came home from the office for a bit. I was there at 5:00am, after I walked Jess to work."

"Are you going to do that all the time?"

"As often as I'm able to — either walking her to work or getting her from work. Hopefully, both."

"How's Matthew?" she asked.

"Just fine. Elyse is pretty worn down from him waking up during the night, but that's a short-term problem."

"Don't I know it!" Jennifer said. "Kara said that Jesse is still protesting, though I think his will is weakening."

"Matthew cries!" Jesse said.

"So did you, buddy," I chuckled. "Though everyone said you were a good baby."

"Not baby!" he complained. "Boy!"

I laughed, "When did THAT start?"

"On Saturday after you brought Matthew home," Jennifer said. "I think that's his way of dealing with it. He's a boy, and Matthew is a baby. I guess that makes him feel like a Big Brother. Anyway, I have to get off to work. All his stuff is in the cabinet in the great room you set up for us."

"OK. Kara will be back in a few minutes, and then I'll head to work. Happy Anniversary, Jen!"

We exchanged a quick, soft kiss.

"Mama One kiss Dada!" Jesse said with glee.

"You watch, the little tattletale will tell Jos as soon as she gets home!" Jennifer laughed.

"Well, if we're going to get in trouble..." I said with a smirk.

"You still want me after all the stuff that's happened, and with my feeling towards men?"

"Jen, I will love you and be attracted to you until the day we die. That's never going to change. But you're married to Josie, the woman you love. And that's a very, very good thing."

"Thanks. And, between you and me, if I was ever interested in that again, it would only be with you."

I smiled, "Have fun tonight!"

"We will!"

I took Jesse and went back to the main house. Kara arrived home a few minutes later and took him so that I could go back to work. Elyse stopped me on the way out.

"Is everything set?" she asked.

"Yes. Kara just arrived home. She'll put the flowers, balloons, and signs in the coach house, along with the cards and gifts. Stephanie is helping. Jen and Josie have no idea that we're doing this!"

"Cool. I think I'm ready for a walk at lunch if you can push the stroller."

"I can. I assume you're OK with Kara bringing Jesse along? They'll probably head to the park when you and I come back home, because I suspect you aren't up for walking a couple of miles."

"Not yet, but soon. I need to get back into shape! Once I'm up to it, I'm going to start an aerobics class at the 'Y'. The last thing I want is to get fat!"

"I'll see you at lunch, then," I said.

I gave both her and Kara a quick kiss, hugged Jesse, and kissed Matthew on the forehead, and then headed to the office. Just outside the office, I was stopped by one of the union guys I knew.

"What's with the new kid you hired?"

"Alonzo? He's a new graduate from IIT. Why?"

"We didn't know you hired them," he said.

"Them?" I asked, not getting his point.

"'Groids'," he said, using Bridgeport slang for black men.

"You mean a highly qualified, very intelligent black man? I don't see your point."

"Nothin' good can come of it. You have to watch them every second or they'll steal you blind."

My temper was quickly rising, but I moderated my voice.

"Whatever prejudice you have, keep it to yourself. I don't want to hear it."

"Just fair warning, kid. You just don't have the experience with them that I do."

"I've had nothing but good experience with all the black guys I've hung around with, including several who are in the Navy."

"Just watch it, that's all."

I shrugged and walked into the office. I knew that kind of attitude existed, especially in some of the South Side white communities. I had no time for bullshit like that and wouldn't tolerate it from anyone who worked for me. If this was an isolated incident, I'd let it go. If not, I'd talk to Mr. King, Alderman Bloom, and anyone else I could marshal to combat it.

"Morning!" Penny said when I came in. "Your computer was on when I got here."

"I was here at 5:00am. I went home to get Jesse so that Jennifer could go to work. Kara was out buying flowers and stuff for Jennifer and Josie's anniversary. Once she arrived home, I came back."

"I wish you'd have invited me to THAT ceremony," she smirked.

"Your mom would have killed me!" I said. "And besides, there were other guys there."

"So? I have a great body! I'm not ashamed of it! YOU taught me that!"

"So I did. But you were also only sixteen!"

"I was only fifteen when we started fucking!" she giggled.

"OK. OK. You always win these conversations, Pretty Penny."

"Of course I do! Can I see Matthew soon?" she asked.

"Sure. Come with me for lunch today. I'm having lunch with Kara, Elyse, and my two boys. You can join us."

Other than twenty minutes for the business development meeting, I spent the entire morning coding with Penny, though I did work with Tasha and Heather for short periods as well. Just before noon, Penny and I headed to the house for lunch.

"He's so cute!" Penny gushed when we walked into the great room and she saw Matthew in Elyse's arms.

"Hi, Penny!" Elyse said. "Would you like to hold him? I need the bathroom."

"Sure!" she said, taking Matthew from Elyse.

"Is everything set next door?" I asked Kara.

"Yes. Your sister and I got everything in place."

We went to the kitchen for lunch, and when we finished, Penny walked with Kara, Elyse, the kids, and me. Elyse and I only made it about six blocks before she decided to turn around for home. I kissed Kara and Jesse goodbye, and then Penny, Elyse, and I walked home, with me pushing Matthew's stroller.

"Sorry I tired out so quickly," Elyse said.

"Twelve city blocks is about a mile and a half," I said. "That's pretty good, considering you had the baby a week ago!"

"I suppose," she said.

We arrived home and after I got Elyse and Matthew settled, Penny and I went back to work. We had a productive afternoon, and once Jessica arrived just past 5:00pm, Penny, Jessica, and I walked home together. Jennifer and Josie weren't due home until about 6:00pm, so we started preparing dinner.

"You turkey!" Jennifer laughed, coming into the kitchen with Josie about an hour later. "I wondered what Kara was doing out this morning!"

"Just our way of saying 'Happy Anniversary' to you two. Have a good time tonight."

"Were we supposed to have everyone over to open the gifts?"

"Only if you want to," I said. "Just spend your evening like you planned."

"Mama One kiss Dada!" Jesse giggled.

"You little snitch!" Jennifer laughed.

"I kissed her this morning, Josie," I said. "She predicted that Jesse would tattle."

"He's a turkey, isn't he?" Josie said.

"He sure is!" I said.

Both of the girls thanked us and then headed back to the coach house to get ready for their dinner date. I had a nice dinner with my wives, sister, Sofia, and Bethany, spent the evening playing with Jesse until his bedtime, then relaxed with my wives in the Indian room.

"I didn't get to ask how your day was," I said to Jessica.

"Fine so far. I take histories and do minor procedures like sewing lacerations. Other than that, it's mostly observing. It's where everyone starts."

"How long are you on this shift?" I asked.

"For the first month. Then I'll start thirty-six-hour shifts where I sleep at the hospital. I do get breaks, so we'll try to have some meals together."

"I still say that's nuts," I said. "But obviously my opinion doesn't count!"

"It's only the first year. And that's when I'll start on the surgical service."

"Assuming you get it," I said.

"Which I will!" she affirmed strongly.

"Of course! Are we still having dinner with Doctor Barton on Sunday?"

"Yes. Are you having lunch with him on Monday?"

"I am. Are you OK with leaving for Ohio as soon as you get off work on the 19th?"

"Yes. I would like to be back at a reasonable time on Sunday, please."

"You know, I wonder if Mr. Shaughnessy would be willing to fly up and then fly us there and back. We'd have to pay for fuel, but it would cut the travel time in half."

"Why don't you call him tomorrow and see," Jessica said. "What about a car?"

"My dad will come get us and lend us the Lincoln, but I'll call him to make sure."

"Where are we staying?" Kara asked.

"Good question," I said. "I'd prefer not to stay at the Spencers', and we're absolutely not staying at my parents' house. Let me call Joyce. Maybe we can stay in the guest house at her grandmother's place. I'll make all the calls tomorrow."

June 10, 1987, Chicago, Illinois

My wives and I were relaxing in the sauna.

"I talked to Joyce and Mr. Shaughnessy today. Everything is set. I just owe him one favor."

"What's that?" Jessica asked.

"That I talk to Colonel Anisimova about coming to work for him."

"Is that all? I figured he wanted you for his daughter!" Jessica laughed.

"He knows I'm married, Babe! That might not prevent Aimee from coming on to me, but it certainly would keep her father from making a suggestion like that!"

"Is she coming to visit?"

"Yes. August 13th to the 15th, according to her last letter. She's in Japan for her Summer cruise. She's assigned to a cruiser there. And no, I have no intention of taking her to bed! I don't think she'd be interested in a married man, even if I had that kind of intention!"

Jessica was about to answer when the door to the sauna opened and Jennifer, Josie, and Jesse came in.

"How was your date?" I asked.

"Wonderful," Jennifer said. "A nice romantic dinner and then a quiet evening at home."

"Quiet?" I smirked.

"You'll just have to use your imagination!" Josie said.

"He has a pretty active imagination!" Kara giggled.

"Dada kiss Mama One?" Jesse asked.

"No, Dada is NOT going to kiss Mama One!" Josie said, though she was laughing.

"He's a real troublemaker, isn't he?" Jessica observed.

"He's Steve's son, that's for sure!" Josie smirked.

"Just wait till that kid is old enough to figure out what to do with girls!" Kara teased.

"Are you both going to Bethany's wedding?" I asked, hoping to change the subject.

"Yes. It's a long drive there and back, but I really want to go," Jennifer said. "Are you flying?"

"Yes. I wish we had room, but with my wives, my sister, Elyse, and Matthew, the plane will pretty much be full."

"It's OK. We each took a half-day off on Friday, and Sofia is riding with us," Jennifer said. "Will Larry and Drew be there?"

"Bethany said that they would. Her mom went pretty much all-out. There will be something like 200 people there, including Nick's friends and family."

"Will Kathy and Kurt make it?"

"Yes. That will be my first chance to see Kristin because I didn't want to go see her while Kathy's mom was here."

"When is Elyse's mom coming?"

"Right after the wedding," I said. "She's going to stay for a week in one of the guest rooms."

"Have you heard from Jorge?" Jennifer said. "Any idea what's up with him? Will he be back?"

"Stephanie has talked to him. She thinks he has himself tied up in knots over finding a job. He had a bunch of interviews, but no job offers. He's in Puerto Rico now because his apartment lease was up at the end of May. She said he still has some feelers out and wants to return as soon as he can. He stored most of his stuff in the shed out back."

"Have him call Scott," she said. "I don't know if they have any openings, but I'm sure Scott knows enough people to get Jorge into a company in the area."

"I'll let Stephanie know."

June 12, 1987, Chicago, Illinois

"That was inspired!" I said. "It was exactly the right thing to say."

President Reagan, giving a speech in front of the Berlin Wall, had challenged Mikael Gorbachev to follow through on his promises of openness and restructuring.

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" the President had challenged.

"Don't you think that's a bit provocative?" Sofia asked.

"It's been US policy since the wall first went up in 1961," I said. "Germany should never have been divided after World War II, and the East Bloc should never have become Soviet puppets!"

"But isn't Reagan risking war if he pushes things too hard?"

"No. Because the Soviets don't want to destroy the world any more than we do. The thing is, the Soviets have been provocative for years, and Sweden often counsels folding to them when they bluster. That's the wrong move. Reagan has it exactly right. This ends with the Communists disappearing. It'll probably take twenty more years, but it's going to happen."

"We'll see," Sofia said.

June 14, 1987, Chicago, Illinois

"Hey, Peaches. How are you doing?"

"OK, I guess. It's easier now that we're not traveling. I just take naps a couple of times a day, and otherwise, I mostly feel OK. How are things there? How's your new son?"

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.