A Well-Lived Life 2 - Book 1 - Bethany
Chapter 6: May You Live in Interesting Times

Copyright © 2015-2023 Penguintopia Productions

Coming of Age Sex Story: Chapter 6: May You Live in Interesting Times - Steve may not have been closer to anyone, other than his sister, than Bethany. Her surprise decision to move to Chicago to complete her Master's degree and be closer to Steve cemented their relationship. The Vegas odds were on her becoming the future Mrs. Adams. But what if she also had ulterior motives behind leaving Madison, and her own agenda as well? What she held back from him is exactly what caused their plans to implode in dramatic fashion. Now, it’s time for them to pick up the pieces.

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Mult   Romantic   Workplace   Polygamy/Polyamory   First   Slow  

March 7th, 1986, Chicago, Illinois

"I don't THINK so!" Jessica laughed when Kara told her about Penny's request.

"Why not?" Kara asked. "It's not like they haven't been together before."

"That's true," Jessica replied. "But Steve's little friend has designs beyond just getting herself screwed silly. And that's a big red flag."

"Not to mention the fact that she works for my company," I said.

"So you didn't put her up to this?" Jessica asked.

I chuckled, "No way. I've known that Penny wanted to sleep with me again since before the wedding. But you haven't seen me asking for permission, or even hinting at it."

"Sleep?" Kara asked with a laugh. "That's the LAST thing on Miss Penny O'Neil's mind!"

"She's going to have to satisfy that craving elsewhere," I said.

"I'm curious. Do you WANT to have her again?" Jessica asked.

"Do I sense a trap, Babe?" I grinned.

"No trap. I'm only asking about desire, not intent."

"It would be a lie to say that I didn't enjoy being with Penny and a bigger lie to say that I wouldn't enjoy it again. But it's not open for consideration."

"Now you have me curious, Tiger," Jessica said. "Who WOULD be open for consideration?"

"Kathy's daughters in sixteen or seventeen years!" Kara teased before I could answer.

"Yes, Kathy and I had an interesting conversation about THAT," Jessica said. "We'll worry about that in the future. I was more interested in now, because this was the time when I said that you could have the greatest leeway."

"You did, but honestly, at least right now, I have no particular desire, nor any interest. I'll let you know if I do."

"Lyudmila's going to be here next Thursday, Tiger. If she offers, you have your permission slip."

"And then you'll be planning my funeral when her mom comes after me with whatever sidearm the KGB issued to her. If and when an opportunity presents itself, AND I'm interested, I'll let you know."

Jessica smiled, "Good."

"Snuggle Bear, you seem to have changed even more than I thought you might."

"I think between the two of you, the baby, and my company, I just need to keep things on an even keel and within reasonable limits."

"Which, I'll admit, is what I hoped would happen," Jessica said. "Don't get me wrong, I'm not going back on our deal, but I'm glad that you've come closer to my position."

"Me too, Babe. Me, too."

March 8th, 1986, Chicago, Illinois

"How was your date, Penny?" I asked when she came into work on Saturday morning.

"Pretty good. Dinner and the movie were both good, and I like hanging out with Jonathan. Jackie gave me good advice."

"I knew that she would," I said.

"Kara told me to forget about being with you! Do you agree with her?"

"She IS my wife, Pretty Penny! And so is Jessica. But it wouldn't matter, really, because I own the company that you work for. It doesn't matter that you report to Dave and Julia. And you don't really want to sleep with a married man."

"Oh yes, I do! But just you, not with any other one."

"It's not a good idea. And I mean that — it really isn't. Let's focus on work and getting rich! You'll find the right guy, eventually. I'm sure of it."

"Hmph! I did. But I was a couple of years too young!"

"I know. Now, let's get to fixing some bugs, shall we?"

"Fine," she sighed, turning to her keyboard.

March 9th, 1986, Chicago, Illinois

On Sunday evening, after Jessica had left for Indianapolis, CNN reported that NASA had located the crew compartment from Challenger. It was said to be heavily damaged, which didn't surprise me given the impact with the water, not to mention the explosion. Unconfirmed reports said that the remains of the crew were still inside the compartment, but CNN couldn't get anyone to speak on the record about that. I was glad that they'd finally found the crew, and hoped they could have proper funerals.

NASA had ruled out a number of causes, and a commission led by William P. Rogers, a former Secretary of State and Attorney General, was tasked with determining the actual cause of the accident. I was pleased to see that one of my childhood heroes, Neil Armstrong, was serving as Vice Chairman, and that Richard Feynman, Chuck Yeager, and Sally Ride were also members. Their report wasn't due for months, but I had hopes it would determine the exact cause of the accident and NASA could fix it and move on.

"So, what do you think?" Stephanie asked when Headline News went to a commercial.

"Well, the newspapers all jumped on a failure of the external fuel tank right away, but NASA says that's not the case. And that film of flames coming from the side of the solid rocket booster is pretty damning evidence. Something failed in one of the SRBs. What that was and why, is what the commission is going to have to figure out."

"Is this going to be one of those situations where a 50¢ part caused a billion dollar machine to fail?" she asked.

"This is NASA. I don't think there ARE any 50¢ parts on the space shuttle! But it wouldn't surprise me if it was something simple. A failed bolt or weld or some other kind of weakness. We'll have to wait and see. I'm just happy with the commission members, especially Armstrong."

"I don't even remember any of the Moon landings," Stephanie said. "I was two when he walked on the Moon."

"I was six, so I do remember watching that when we lived in California." I said. "It ended by the time you were five, so it's no surprise that you don't remember. Right now, we can't even get into orbit. It's pretty sad, really. The Russians are building Mir, their space station, in orbit, and we can't even launch."

March 13th, 1986, Chicago, Illinois

"Lyudmila Alekseyevna, it's good to see you!" I said, kissing her Russian style when she came out of the Jetway door.

"Hello, Stephen Rayevich! I do not think it is «некультурный» for you to greet me properly!"

"I am a married man!" I protested.

"You may still kiss me, Stephen Rayevich!"

I gave her a quick kiss on the lips and then led her out to my car for the drive to my house.

"How was Stanford?" I asked.

"Wonderful! Your friend Jennifer, mother of your baby, who went there? I may talk to her more while I am here?"

"Yes, of course. Josie, her wife, went there too. I'm sure that they'll both talk to you about it."

"This is very strange thing. A woman who has wife. And you are worried that kissing me is «некультурный»?"

I chuckled, "I think you might want to get used to things like that. California is pretty crazy!"

"The school was amazing, Stepa. So many smart people, and close to important companies like Hewlett Packard, Xerox, Apple, and new companies, NeXT and Sun."

"Silicon Valley is the place to be if you want to be in computers, that's for sure."

"And Stanford is perfect school. Hopefully Comrade Gorbachev will succeed in his restructuring and soon will be possible to do such things in Russia. If not, I will defect as soon as I graduate!"

"Be careful who you say that to, Lyudmila Alekseyevna!"

"I am. Mother has talked to me about proper behavior. I heard a lecture about behaving properly with you, which I did not wish to hear!"

I chuckled, "I am sure that Katya Sergeyevna was quite clear about it!"

"She does not wish me to have fun! She is too Russian!"

I smirked, "YOU are Russian, Lyusya!"

"Yes, but you know I am not like Mother and Father, or even like Tanya! I wanted nice kiss at airport and all you did was touch your lips to mine!"

"And what did your mother say?" I asked.

"She tells me not to do what I want. But is not up to Mother! I am almost eighteen! You know very well I wish to love with you, Stepa! But I worry your wives would be quite angry with me and you if we were to love."

"Why would you wish to do that with a married man?" I asked.

"I wanted to do with you three years ago! The desire does not change because of your circumstance, only opportunity to do so without trouble. You said we would discuss when I was here. I am here."

"We are discussing it, but I also said that we would discuss it if I wasn't married or engaged."

"Yes, and I was not happy with development, Stephen Rayevich! I think you also wished to love with me, but you would not do so because of Tatyana Ivanovna. But now, you are not together with her. Now, you have two wives, which I also find to be very strange."

"Lots of people find it strange. Besides seeing them again, you will get to see my son, Jesse Stepanovich, as well."

"Is also quite strange. You have two wives, and a lover with whom you have baby."

"Yes, that's true, though Jennifer and I are no longer lovers."

"I think means that might be possible for you to love with me without getting in trouble! Two wives and a baby with another woman? Yes. I think is possible!"

"I'm not saying that it is, but you really want that? I would have thought you believed that it was «некультурный»."

She laughed, "Wanting to love with you IS «некультурный». And being «некультурный» is good reason to do!"

She was a wild one, this young Russian girl. And she would certainly be a lot of fun. But I could only see bad outcomes. A few hours of pleasure with the potential to make a mess of several relationships didn't seem like a good idea.

"I am sure! But I think it's a bad idea. I do not want to upset you, your mother, your father, or Tanya."

"I have no plans to tell them! I hope you will consider staying with me tonight! I will ask again when is time for bed!"

I chuckled, "You may ask, but don't expect a different answer!"

"We shall see," she said firmly.

When Lyudmila saw Jesse, she behaved like all the others girls did, confirming my suspicion that evolution had built in some automatic 'I love babies' response into women that was decidedly absent in most men, at least until they had their own child.

"You have wonderful baby, Jennifer..." Lyudmila said.

"Robertovna," I finished for her.

"Yes, Jennifer Robertovna. Jesse Stepanovich is, I think 'cute' is right word."

"Yes, that would be the word," I said.

We stayed in the coach house for about twenty minutes, but then it was time for Jesse to eat, so Lyudmila and I went back to the main house to hang out until dinner. My housemates all stopped in to talk to Lyudmila at some point, and she was the focus of conversation at dinner as well. She had peppered Jennifer and Josie with questions about Stanford, both in terms of classes and social life, and my thought that she was going to be hell on wheels in college was confirmed.

After dinner, Lyudmila predictably suggested that we use the sauna. Kara giggled when I asked her to join us. It was a lame attempt at self-defense that failed immediately when Lyudmila insisted that we go naked and Kara agreed, smirking and winking at me. She was trying to stir up trouble, but I knew I could count on her to back me up when push came to shove. At least I hoped so. But, as was often the case, that hope was in vain.

"She's gorgeous and has a great body, Steve!" Kara teased as soon as we were sitting in the sauna together.

"Yes," Lyudmila said, "but even so, I cannot convince him to love with me! Before was because of Tatyana Ivanovna. Now is because of his wives!"

"Did he tell you that?" Kara smirked.

I shot Kara a dirty look, but she blithely ignored it.

"No, but he thinks loving would cause too much trouble," Lyudmila groused.

"He's worried about your parents and Tanya," Kara said.

"I would not tell them! But you would permit this, Kara..." Lyudmila asked.

"Alanovna," I said helpfully, despite not appreciating the conversation.

"Yes, Kara Alanovna, you would permit this?"

I gave Kara an even stronger look, attempting to discourage her. Fortunately, she had a bit of mercy on me.

"I don't think it matters. Steve — Stephen Rayevich," she giggled, "seems to have made up his mind."

"Yes, is true," Lyudmila frowned. "I had hoped seeing me again would change his mind. But you are beautiful, Kara Alanovna, so I am not surprised that he is only interested in you."

"Not just me, but Jessica, uhm, what would it be, Steve?"

"Jessica Troyovna," I said.

"Not just me, but Jessica Troyovna, too. You saw her at the wedding."

"Yes, of course, but not like we are now. I tried to talk Stepa into staying with me tonight, but I do not think he will."

"No, I don't think he will, either," Kara confirmed.

"He is very good at this?" Lyudmila asked. "I could never get Tatyana Ivanovna to answer this question. She said it was «некультурный» to ask."

Kara laughed, "Yes, she would say that. And yes, he is very, very good at it. The best!"

"This is not fair!" Lyudmila protested. "I asked him to demonstrate when he was in Washington and he refused!"

Kara smiled, "Lyudmila, I think Steve is concerned about his relationships with you, with your parents, and with Tanya. Those are all good reasons to not just casually have sex with someone. I think that's enough now."

Lyudmila glared at Kara for a moment, but then her face softened. She knew, deep down, that Kara was right. But she also knew, correctly, that I was attracted to her, and if the circumstances were different, I might actually take her up on her offer. In the end, I valued my friendships too much to blow them apart by having sex with her, though the sight of her firm, young body was certainly a major temptation.

March 14th, 1986, Indianapolis, Indiana

"No, I'm not kidding!" Kara laughed as she, Jessica, and I cuddled after two hours of love making.

"I don't believe it. A beautiful, naked Russian girl offered him her virginity, and he turned her down flat? That doesn't seem on par with our husband's past."

"Sure it is," Kara said. "He's always been cautious about it, especially since the problem with Annie in Sweden."

"What problem was that?" Jessica asked.

I quickly explained the situation, and how Annie and I had eventually come to terms with what had happened, and how we'd ended up as friends despite what had happened.

"You had hinted at a consent issue at one point," Jessica said. "But neither of you actually told me what it was. But there was obvious consent here, and permission!"

"Sure," I said. "But I think, in the end, screwing up my relationships for a roll in the hay doesn't make sense. I did that once and I have zero interest in doing it again."

"Becky?" Jessica asked.

"Exactly. Look what THAT did, albeit many years later. It was bad when it happened, but worse when it brought down my relationship with Bethany. There's no way I'm risking a repeat of that situation."

"Then I come back to a question of who or when. You were adamant about having some amount of freedom, but you're not using it."

"I'll know it when I see it?" I grinned.

"Wasn't that about pornography?" Jessica asked.

"Obscenity, actually," I said. "Justice Potter Stewart said it in a case about showing the movie The Lovers in a theatre near Cleveland, Ohio. My point was, I can't tell you the person or the circumstances at this point. I'm happy making love to my wives. I'm curious why you're pushing the issue so hard."

"Because you did, Tiger! It was, at least in some form, a non-negotiable point for you. Now it seems different."

"So I SHOULD have fucked Lyudmila? Is that what you're saying?"

"No, of course not! If you didn't want to, you shouldn't have. I'm just trying to figure you out."

Kara laughed, "Good luck on that one. Steve is self-consistent in his rules and standards, but they don't always make sense to anyone else!"

"So he sent that poor girl home frustrated, then?" Jessica smirked.

"Just as he did with Penny," Kara giggled. "But, seriously, it'll happen. There will be some girl who strikes his fancy and he'll decide that it's worth giving her a tumble. It just might not be soon."

"Oh, before I forget," I said. "I bought 100 shares of Microsoft stock today. That's the same number of shares I bought in Apple back in 1980, though I paid a bit less for those."

"You know I never asked, what other investments do you have?" Jessica asked.

"I have some shares in Proctor and Gamble, Coca Cola, and Disney. But I only bought 25 shares of each of those back in 1980. I'll buy more when I start paying myself a real salary. And, of course, right now I have 90% of the shares in NIKA, though some of those are promised to Cindi, Dave, Julia, Elyse, and my sister. Joyce has 5% and my dad has 5%."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.