A Well-Lived Life 2 - Book 1 - Bethany - Cover

A Well-Lived Life 2 - Book 1 - Bethany

Copyright © 2015-2023 Penguintopia Productions

Prologue

Coming of Age Sex Story: Prologue - Steve may not have been closer to anyone, other than his sister, than Bethany. Her surprise decision to move to Chicago to complete her Master's degree and be closer to Steve cemented their relationship. The Vegas odds were on her becoming the future Mrs. Adams. But what if she also had ulterior motives behind leaving Madison, and her own agenda as well? What she held back from him is exactly what caused their plans to implode in dramatic fashion. Now, it’s time for them to pick up the pieces.

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Mult   Romantic   Workplace   Polygamy/Polyamory   First   Slow  

March, 2005, Chicago, Illinois

I was sitting in my study writing in my journal, typing on the brand-new G5 iMac that had replaced my dual-G4 Mac Pro. I was very happy that I no longer had to write out my journal entries longhand! First, I'd moved to the Apple II, and then the Macintosh. I'd had quite a few models over the years, and despite the business using mostly Windows and Linux, I still preferred the Mac for personal use.

"Dad?" Matthew said, coming into the study.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked, clicking away on the keys.

"I want to join the Navy instead of going to college."

I stopped typing and pushed the keyboard away from me. He was telling me, not asking me, which was what I'd always taught him to do. I didn't have an issue with what he'd said, but I needed to make sure that he had thought things through.

"OK," I said. "Tell me why."

"I've had enough school, really. To be honest, I'm sick and tired of it. Navy training would be excellent. I talked to Commander Shaughnessy, and she thinks I'm almost certain to receive an assignment to nuclear school, especially if I volunteer for submarines. I'd have to do well on the ASVAB, but that should be a piece of cake."

I chuckled involuntarily. One of Matthew's quirks was that when he wanted to escape, he would sit in the back of his closet, with the lights out, with a pillow, a blanket, and a flashlight, and read. Being cooped up on a sub would be something like that!

"I guess all those years reading in that small closet will pay off! Did you talk to your grandfather?"

"I did. He said it's a bit hard to compare his old four-stack, oil-burning, World War I-era destroyer to a modern submarine! Anyway, there's a fantastic bonus structure — if I re-up after four years, I'll be able to get $75,000 as a signing bonus. That'll make it easy to buy a house. And 'nucs' get promoted much more quickly. I could make 1st Class in five years, if I bust my ass."

I knew he'd do that. If there was one thing that was certain, it was that Matthew was an overachiever. He was easily bored, and that had hurt his grades a bit, but not terribly so.

"Did you talk with Chelsea about this?" I asked.

"Yes. She's OK with it. She has two more years at Loyola, so she'll be graduating just about the time I would finish nuclear school, which is either in Charleston, South Carolina or Ballston Spa, New York. I don't want to go on a boomer, so I wouldn't be out at sea for four months or more like they do. Chelsea's going to teach middle school like Aunt Kathy, so she'll be able to get a job anywhere."

If he knew where the nuclear training schools were, that meant he'd done his research, which was another good sign.

Chapter 1 »

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.