The Slow Quickstep - Cover

The Slow Quickstep

Copyright© 2016 by Kaffir

Chapter 13

Allie waited until her mother returned from work but before Sean got home to tackle Leah on making love with Toby. “We didn’t want to be underhand and spoil the full joy for ourselves by being furtive,” she added.

“Oh, my beloved daughter!” Leah thought. “And my beloved Toby too for that matter.”

“Hmm!” she said thoughtfully and paused. “We can hardly have you moving in together before you’re married.”

Allie said nothing but looked apprehensive.

“The spare room’s got a double bed and your father and I will be out the whole of the working day.”

Allie stared at her wide eyed and then wrapped her in a hug. “Oh, Mum!” she whispered. “Oh, Mum! Thank you! Thank you!”

Leah hugged her back. “Go and get a prescription tomorrow from the doctor for the pill, sweety.”

“Yes, Mum.”

“And get some condoms as well. Make sure that Toby always wears one until the pill has taken effect.”

“Yes, Mum.”

Allie was invited to supper next door. No timings were involved so she went over there straight away. She heard the piano immediately. Toby was not playing anything clever just his beloved Chopin Nocturne in E Flat Minor. She stood in the hall spellbound at the beauty of his playing. Nessa materialised beside her and put an arm round her shoulder.

“Guess who he’s playing that for,” she whispered.

Allie smiled up at her.

“He’s playing it differently,” went on Nessa. “In the past it’s been wistful. Now it’s almost joyful.

“Love in a minor key. Remember?”

Allie looked up at her and managed a nod before burying her head in Nessa’s bosom.

“That day when you told him that you loved him and would wait for him to make up his mind he played the ‘Moonlight’ quite, quite beautifully. It was quite clear to me that he more than loved you as a younger sister even though he wouldn’t admit it to himself. That’s why I told you last night I could see your engagement to each other coming. Now he’s playing his favourite Chopin piece and his love and happiness are pouring through it; great gentleness too.”

“Yes,” whispered Allie. “Oh, Nessa, I’m so lucky ... and happy too.”

Nessa kissed her forehead. “Go to him, poppet.”

She disengaged and pointed Allie at the door. Allie went slowly almost shyly to it and gently opened it. Not gently enough. Toby turned, rose to his feet with a huge joyful and adoring smile. He held open his arms and Allie leapt burying her face in his neck.

Nessa smiled and quietly closed the door.

“Two hours, my Allie,” whispered Toby. “How are we going to survive until you’ve passed Grade 8?”

Allie could only nod.

“Good practice?”

Another nod.

He sat down slowly on the piano stool again and Allie sat astride his knees.

“You’ve got a bony bottom.”

“No I haven’t!”

Toby stroked the top of it gently. “Not this bit,” he agreed.

Allie hummed and then looked up sharply.

I’ve spoken to Mum,” she said quietly. “She said we could use the spare room bed while they’re both out.”

Toby stared at her. “I love your mum. She’s so understanding and trusting.”

“Mm,” Allie nodded vigorously. “She also said I was to get a prescription for the pill tomorrow and that you’re to use a condom until it’s effective.”

“Dead right!”

“Have you ever done it?”

“Yes, my one, a one night stand after my first Christmas Ball at Cambridge with Connie Archer.”

“And never again?”

“No.”

“Why not? Didn’t you enjoy it?”

“Yes, I did but I was worried about getting involved.”

“Why?”

“Despite everything I said to you about us being too young to commit, you were always in my mind.”

Allie gazed at him for a moment in wonder and then, with a single sob, plastered her lips to his.

Finally she sat back. “Oh, my Toby,” she breathed, “my sweet, special Toby. Tomorrow?”

Toby could not help himself. “Not until after your piano lesson, young lady,” he said sternly.

“No, sir,” replied Allie solemnly and then got helpless giggles. “Pompous prig!” she managed at last.

They both clung together laughing like idiots.

There was a knock on the door and Ned stuck his head round it.

“Are you two lovebirds going to join us for a drink?” he asked.

“Hi, Dad! I didn’t hear you come in.”

Ned grinned. “Didn’t want to disturb you. Are you coming?”

“Yes please,” they chorused.

The four of them had a happy and laughter filled evening, everyone helping with the washing up.

“Right!” said Nessa, “I’m off to bed. See you at nine, Allie, so don’t stay up too late.”

Allie actually blushed which caused laughter from all the Robertses.

“Beasts!” she managed to get out before hiding her face against Toby’s chest.

“Aw!” said Ned and Nessa and left them to it.

It took another hour for Toby and Allie to finally say goodnight to each other. Toby did advise Allie to ring the surgery before her piano lesson so that she could collect her prescription later in the morning.

All went according to plan and the two of them had a pub lunch before returning to Allie’s house. Both were abnormally quiet and subdued when they got there and they went silently but hand in hand to the spare room.

Toby took both her hands and looked tenderly down at her. “I hope you’re not feeling rushed into this,” he said gently.

Allie shook her head. “I’ve been waiting for it for years,” she replied equally softly.

“Do you want to do it yourself or may I undress you?” he asked.

“You, my darling” she replied softly.

He knelt in front of her and did so, slightly timidly and very gently.

At last he sat back on his heels and gazed at her. “Oh, my precious little Allie, my beautiful little Allie. I never imagined ... oh Allie.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.