Just a Sec
Chapter 2

Copyright© 2016 by Flavian

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 2 - J.A.M. Aluminum is a successful company with a unique, yet naughty, incentive program for its executives. But, the administrative support staff for these executives seem to have gotten together and linked all the clues that lead to their discovery of this incentive system referred to furtively in whispers as 'The Program,' involving sex on demand. But who would take serious any rumor that is passed along by someone who is 'just a secretary?'

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Ma/ft   mt/Fa   Fa/Fa   ft/ft   Teenagers   Consensual   Rape   Light Bond   Swinging   Gang Bang   Orgy   Polygamy/Polyamory   White Female   Hispanic Male   First   Safe Sex   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Double Penetration   Slow   Violence   Workplace  

“So, what do you think?” The voice lifted Brad from a brief reverie the next morning and returned him to the present. He smiled upon realizing that it was the voice of his former boss, Bruce Kunkle. When Brad looked at the doorway to his new office, Bruce was leaning against the side of the opening.

“You enjoying my old office, Mr. Fab Man?” Bruce asked Brad with a smile as he glanced at the title on the brand new door plaque just installed this morning – Brad Pittman – Division Chief – Fabrication Management Division.

Brad smiled and stood, extending his hand in a silent invitation for Bruce to come on into what had been the older man’s office until just over a week before. “You bet,” Brad replied, “Mr. Brand New Junior Vice President of J.A.M. Aluminum.”

The two men shook hands and then Bruce plopped down in the soft chair in front of the desk that had been his, and placed a stack of file folders on Brad’s desk. As Bruce leaned back into the cushions of the visitor’s chair, his attention seemed to wander for a moment, while he appeared to scan the additions to the office that Jan had brought in the day before.

“What brings you back over here with us riff-raff; are you just slumming?” asked Brad bringing Bruce back to the here and now in his own turn, “Tired of the rarified air over there on Mahogany Row already; I mean it has been what ... six whole days already?”

Bruce’s smiled quickly, but the glow dimmed a bit after that. Brad noticed the change, but did not press his former boss about what had caused the older man simply to sit there for a few awkward seconds in silence.

“No,” Bruce said finally. “Heather found out that I was coming over here to see how you were settling in.” Heather was the Senior Executive Secretary to Mr. Morris, the president of J.A.M.

What Bruce did NOT tell Brad was that he had simply been unable to remain there calmly in his own new office in the junior executive wing, waiting for his wife. Joni, had arrived earlier, and let Bruce know of her – appointment – just down the hall. Then she had turned and begun moving down the corridor toward the senior executive wing without giving her husband even a backward glance. The usually warm and lively woman had actually been rather cold toward Bruce and had been frowning the whole time.

Bruce was still attempting to deal with that mental image, along with several others that caused him to shiver with uncertainty, as he continued, “And, being the ever-efficient Senior Executive Secretary in this place, Heather politely asked me if I would mind bringing this list of secretarial candidates over here to you from HR.

“You are going to need them in order to begin your hiring process to replace Lana.” Lana had been Bruce’s secretary during his time here as the former Division Chief in the Fabrication Management Division, but she had left J.A.M. to be a full-time mom. “As will I; with my own list of candidates to pick from to help me in my new position. Man, I am really going to miss having Lana around.

“You know,” Bruce continued, after a short pause, “when you got here just two years ago, this Division was hurting for good leadership. I had tried to do the majority of it myself before you got here; but your arrival on the scene, and your get-it-done attitude really made things click. I have to admit that you really took to this work quickly. And you made me look pretty good as well.”

Brad, now back behind ‘his’ desk, smiled as he sat down. Embarrassed by his former boss’s praise, he was about to reply, when Bruce went on.

“No, no; don’t play modest on me,” the older man said with a smile. “The whole executive group over there recognizes that your efforts have played a big role in the company’s overall expansion.”

Both men could see through Brad’s window that the company had finally finished construction of Fab 3, the newest aluminum products fabrication facility. The newly-added capacity greatly expanded the company’s ability to manage some of the recent boom in business. Now, Brad’s division could better meet the steadily increasing demand for the high quality fabricated aluminum product lines that J.A.M. developed and manufactured.

Bruce surprised Brad with what he said next. “Rumor has it that there will be a significant corporate reshuffle before the end of the year to account for all the growth around here; maybe even within the next few months,” the older man said, as he leaned forward with his elbows on his knees.

Bruce looked at Brad with a penetrating stare and went on, “With the possibility of the creation of at least one and as many as three new Junior VP positions to go along with the four we already have. It would seem that the candidates would primarily be coming from the fabrication and engineering side of things.”

Brad knew from social gatherings and from the corporate literature that the other three current Junior VPs were Jeff Mitchum, Carl Scott, and Tim Davis. The Senior VPs and other Senior Corporate Officers included Gene Kennedy, David Burton, Gavin Riggs, Daniel Grant, Bryan Newman, and James Gordon.

It did not take a genius to recognize what Bruce was really saying to Brad. And Brad had no doubts that Bruce, who had been Brad’s mentor ever since the younger man had begun here, was sincere. Bruce was very forthright and was very well-thought-of here in the Fabrication Management Division – and elsewhere in the company as well – the clear evidence of that being that Bruce had now moved up to the executive offices in the main building; what the workers and middle managers commonly referred to as Mahogany Row.

“I give it six months or so, and YOUR name will probably begin to come up in conversation when they start to talk about bringing up more young executives to the main building,” Bruce said. Then he added, “Your name and Jan’s.”

Brad was momentarily curious as to why Bruce would mention Brad’s wife in that context. But, he did not have time to think on it as the older man continued.

“I mean it, Brad,” Bruce went on, “without your hard work here, this Division would not be where it is today, and I would probably not be headed over to the front office this early in my career. Joni and I are really going to be on a great financial path now, thanks largely to your help.”

Brad had met Joni, Bruce’s very attractive wife, during several social gatherings within the Fabrication Management Division. She was an extremely attractive woman in her early thirties and was a real sweetheart of a person.

Brad waited for his former boss to continue, but Bruce remained strangely quiet. After about fifteen seconds of notable silence, Brad began to feel awkward and succumbed to the urge to say something.

“Well,” Brad replied, “in the meantime, I have a division to run, and I need to review this list of secretary candidates you brought over so that I can start scheduling interviews.” With thanks for all that Bruce had done for him, followed by Bruce’s repeated thanks for Brad’s efforts, Brad shook the hand of his friend and mentor and watched Bruce depart.

The phone ringing distracted Brad from the folders containing the CVs of the secretarial candidates just then. After that call ended, one of the shop foremen knocked and asked Brad to assist him with a decision out on the shop floor over at Fab 1. So the folders continued to lie there, ignored by Brad, while he went about offering the firm but friendly hands-on management style that had endeared him to his employees while impressing his bosses enough to trust him with the leadership of this division.


“So, Ms. Crandall,” Brad began. He was desperately trying to maintain a touch of formality to the interview he was conducting several days after his conversation with Bruce. Strict formality had never been Brad’s style; but he knew that he needed to practice that skill if he wanted to move up in management. It would also help in preventing any misunderstandings associated with becoming too familiar too quickly with his subordinates – especially if they were female ... and if they looked as downright smoking HOT as the woman seated in front of his desk at that moment.

“Tell me something interesting about yourself that is not necessarily covered in your résumé,” Brad asked. He wanted Jennifer Crandall to feel a bit more at ease than she had appeared to be feeling when she had walked into his office a few minutes earlier – all the while hoping that he was not violating any rules for the interview under the current Federal and Vermont labor laws.

“Well,” Jennifer began, realizing that she was showing all the classic signs of being obviously nervous. But this was her chance at moving ahead in life and she was determined to do whatever it took to get this job – within the bounds of propriety, of course. At least that had been her intent before she had gotten her first look at the very good-looking man who was interviewing her. So, now her thoughts were shifting a bit ... blush ... no, no, no...

“I am actually somewhat of a lover of the great outdoors,” Jennifer began, as she looked out of Brad’s window for a second before returning her attention to the very handsome man for whom she hoped that she would be working. It was still somewhat surprising to her that Brad Pittman was the one who was interviewing her. After all, he seemed to be so young to be a manager here.

Jennifer figured that Brad could not be much older than mid-to-late-twenties; and yet he was already a division chief of a major division within the company; while Jennifer had already turned thirty just recently. From what she had heard around the plant within the last few weeks of doing temp work here, she just knew that this man was going places; and, if she were lucky, she might move up in her own right by sticking with him – that is, if she could convince him to select her to be his secretary.

Jennifer was actually focused now on her economic conditions, of course; not at all thinking within the realm of any personal or emotional relationships with her boss. After all, not only was he younger; he appeared to be happily married to a beautiful redhead, if the wedding ring he wore and the pictures on his desk and behind him on the wall were to be believed.

The desk photos included a happy smiling couple hugging each other, one at a scenic overlook and the other in an old downtown setting. The wall photo was strange, though; this one depicted the young wife in what looked like sexy night wear holding a framework made of what appeared to be white wooden lattices of some sort. If Jennifer had figured it all out correctly, the young woman was smiling seductively through what might be a makeshift window frame.

Brad’s comment of, “Really?” brought her back to the here and now.

“Yes,” Jennifer said sheepishly; embarrassed at having been caught with her attention drifting. “Before the divorce, our family used to go camping and fishing quite a bit.” Jennifer smiled as she remembered the good times when the children were younger. Then the smile left her face as she thought of how her ex-husband, Rex Crandall, had given up on the marriage and had walked out on her ... and her children ... to be with another woman; and with whom he evidently had already been getting a lot of practice in baby-making activities.

Brad and Jennifer spent the next twenty minutes going over several pro forma questions and answers. Jennifer did not realize it yet, but Brad had already decided about two minutes into the interview that he was going to hire her.

Brad had never had a secretary before, but he realized that he needed to hire one in order to help him manage his time and all the paperwork associated with his new position. He had never been part of any hiring or selection processes before, except for being on the supplicant’s end of the action.

Thankfully, most of the initial screening had been done by HR. The HR Director had also made sure that, once the list of secretarial candidates had been determined, after screening qualifications from the résumés on file, Brad received proper guidance on how to set up his interviews.

Since well before the day that he and Jan had first had sex in his new office, Brad had made a few new professional and personal acquaintances within J.A.M. He had gotten into a routine now of going out to lunch and playing golf – a game he had picked up on in his last two years at South Bend – once in a while with other Division Chiefs and various other Managers; and, once in a while, one or more of the company’s executives.

In this quasi-business-slash-personal setting, Brad had met one of the bright young management stars of J.A.M. in the Engineering Division, Gregg Collins, a Purdue graduate. Having attended universities only a little over a hundred miles apart in Indiana, both Brad and Gregg naturally migrated toward each other. They also teased each other a bit about the rivalry of their schools.

Gregg Collins was evidently regarded by all the key members of the company management hierarchy as some sort of engineering genius. Since their initial meeting, Brad had stopped in once or twice in Engineering and spoken to Gregg on job-related issues, but they had not yet cultivated anything other than a passing ‘company friendship’ that included the routine lunches and occasional golf outings, usually hosted by Senior VPs Gene Kennedy and David Burton.

Brad had met Gregg’s secretary, Tina, several times, and had recently begun picking Gregg’s brain on what made a good secretary. Gregg had filled him in on just how great Tina was, and all that she did for him to make his job easier. Brad was impressed with the report on Tina that showed that she was a professional in everything that she did for Gregg. She was also quite a beauty, who very much resembled the actress, Jessica Stroup.

Thus, when Brad had begun the interview process with the four candidates from which he was picking, he was comparing each of them to his idea of which one would best match Tina for professional abilities and personality traits. And it would not hurt if the one he selected came close to Tina in the looks department.

The first three candidates that Brad had interviewed just did not seem to click with him. All three were professionally competent and reasonably attractive, but there was just something missing in their personalities. Brad had been certain that this sort of ‘disconnect’ would come back to bite him in the ass if he hired one of them.

Jennifer Crandall was the last candidate on Brad’s list for consideration. She was a beautiful hazel-eyed brunette who resembled a slightly older version of the young actress, Justine Wachsberger. And, this time, there was good chemistry in the interview. Brad was very happy to conclude that, once the interview was complete, he would be able to notify HR that he had decided to hire Jennifer Crandall as his new secretary.


Brad smiled to himself as he told Jennifer of his decision over the phone the next day following their face-to-face formal interview. He had called her at home, since she was only a temp here, and also currently still a part-time employee over at Woodchuck Cider. Today was one of the days she had indicated that she would be at home. Her squeal of delight at hearing that he wanted to hire her brought a moment of satisfaction and joy to Brad’s heart.

“Look,” Brad said to her, “why don’t we meet for a business lunch – on me?” He did not know of the woman’s financial situation, but he did not want to make her uncomfortable about having lunch out.

“Then,” Brad continued before she could object, “we could discuss some of the details involved with the job; how I work, how I think, etc.

“And, by having this discussion over lunch on a beautiful day like today, out on the sidewalk in front of the place,” Brad had already identified the quaint sandwich shop in downtown Middlebury where he wanted to meet, “it will be more relaxing and we can get better acquainted without the distractions of the office.”

Jennifer answered quickly, “That would be great! Oh, Mr. Pittman, thank you so much; and you won’t be sorry. I’ll be the best secretary...” Jennifer would have gone on and on with her excited response to his call if Brad had not interrupted her, all the while smiling at the exuberance in her voice over the phone.

“Look, Ms ... uh ... Jennifer,” Brad responded, “I want you to call me ‘Brad’ here in and around our offices. I want you to be more of a co-worker who just happens to handle the administrative support for me, rather than a subservient slave to a brutal taskmaster.”

Jennifer was quickly developing a level of trust in this nice-looking young promising executive; a trust that allowed her to overcome some of her initial shyness with him. “Okay, I’ll be there ... uh ... Brad. I am so looking forward to doing well in this job. I want to prove to you and to everyone else that I can do this.”

“Hey,” Brad said with a smile. “I’m sure that you will do well. I’ll see you at noon.” Hearing her respond in the positive, he hung up and smiled as he resumed his work at the brand new twin-monitor thin-client computer workstation that had been installed in his office just days earlier.


Brad waited until Jennifer had arrived at the little restaurant and they had both been seated. He waited until the female ‘server’, as the waiters and waitresses were being called these days, took their sandwich orders before he allowed the discussion to begin.

Brad asked her, “So, Jennifer, can you let me in on some of the challenges that you face as a young single mom of two teenagers?”

Jennifer’s smile suddenly fell and she could not help releasing a sob as she began to cry quietly. She had been bottling up the tension she had felt in anticipation of hearing of the hiring outcome for this job; and it all came pouring out right then.

‘Whoa! I wasn’t expecting that!’ Brad thought. He was momentarily frozen in place. But he shook it off and grabbed a handful of napkins and rushed around the table to try to comfort Jennifer by placing a warm and calming hand on her shoulder as he handed them to her.

Jennifer accepted the napkins from Brad and wiped her tears and blew her nose, letting out with a short honk that caused both of them to chuckle; him with sympathetic amusement, and her with a sigh of embarrassment.

Out of the blue, Jennifer’s discomfort was dispelled by an unexplained, unexpected, and strangely comforting feeling of understanding radiating toward her from Brad by way of his gentlemanly actions and his facial expressions of sincere concern – and by the touch of his hand on her shoulder.

“Look at me,” Jennifer said, “I am simply a mess right now; just like my life seems to be. I am really sorry that this all came up right now. I just know that you are going to change your mind about hiring me.”

Jennifer was beginning to shake a bit, but she took a deep breath and responded to the comfort of Brad’s gentle expression and looked at him expectantly.

Brad did not know how to respond appropriately to Jennifer’s emotional outburst at what he had presumed was an innocent question. He sat back down across from her and simply answered with what he thought was reassurance in his tone of voice and choice of words.

“Look, you don’t have to worry about any of that. The job is still yours. I am just sorry that I might have said anything to upset you without realizing it.”

“No,” Jennifer answered, “it’s just that the train wreck that my life has become since my ex-husband ran out on me has been weighing on me recently. And then your offer of hiring me comes just in time for me financially ... oh, it is just embarrassing ... maybe this is not going to work.”

Jennifer started to reach for her purse and turned to go. Brad reached out to take her free hand with his, making her pause.

“I SAID that the job is yours; and I MEAN it,” Brad said forcefully, but with a grin. “Now, we are wasting a beautiful day with all this needless worrying. Let’s have our lunch and you can tell me a little bit more about Jennifer; and then I will tell you a bit more about Brad. Deal?”

The effect of Brad’s demeanor and responses to her outburst reassured Jennifer enough so that she could relax and actually believe the new reality that was settling around her life – a hectic life that, up to now, had not been one containing a lot of optimism

Jennifer then began to open up and relate to Brad some of the details of her life that had led her to her current situation.


“It is just really hard to raise two teenagers on a combination of part time pay and temp pay; and, of course, I have to take care of our own health care, since I can’t get full health benefits as a part time employee,” Jennifer said, as they waited for the server to bring their sandwiches. The young lady had placed their drinks on the table and was headed to another table.

And then Jennifer got a rueful expression on her face as she added, “And ObamaCare makes it hard to find a participating doctor when you need one in Vermont, now that the Green Mountain Care program has crashed and burned and all the competent doctors are moving out-of-state.”

“How old are they; your kids, I mean?” Brad asked.

“Connor is thirteen; and Haley is almost fifteen,” Jennifer responded, watching her new boss closely. When she saw beyond his calm facial expression and looked into his eyes and realized that he had done the math, she cringed inside for a moment. But, when he did not say anything and did not give her a look of condescension, she relaxed.

“Yep,” Jennifer said to stave off any embarrassment that either one of them may be having at that moment. “I can tell from your expression that you remember my age from the file.” Sigh, “And you have figured out that I had Haley just after I turned fifteen.”

“I was not going to say anything about it,” Brad assured his new secretary, “but I figured that it might be chalked up simply to youthful indiscretion. Each one of us has done some crazy stuff when we were young and learning, though. So, you are not really alone in that aspect.”

“No,” Jennifer responded, “it was more like a combination of hormones, an aggressive boy, a naïve fourteen-year-old girl who thought she finally knew what love was, and her first time consuming alcohol.”

“Sounds like a situation that gets repeated many times every week in America,” Brad said to her in an attempt to help assuage any guilt that Jennifer might be feeling about what she had revealed to him. After all, they had only known each other for a few days, and only in the context of business. And now, here she was revealing what would be considered by most folks some very personal information about her life.

“I know that you are just trying to be nice and make me feel a little better about being so stupid back then,” Jennifer said to Brad as she wiped her nose once with her napkin. “And I appreciate it; but, the story gets better ... or worse; depending on your point of view.”

Brad detected the sour expression that appeared momentarily in place of Jennifer’s former look of simple embarrassment. But, he did not say anything, opting to allow the woman to continue.

“Anyway, all of the factors that I mentioned, plus my own newly-emerged hormone storm at the time, brought on by the onslaught of puberty, led me to giving up my virginity to Jimmy Hanks at the fine young age of fourteen; and without any real thought about long-term consequences – or any consideration for contraceptive preparation.”

Jennifer wiped her nose once more and continued. “Nine months later, Haley arrived. Jimmy had already moved away before I began to show because of his dad’s job, leaving me – and my mom – to raise a child ... or, more accurately, a child of a child.”

She took a sip of tea before continuing, all the while looking over at the park across the street as if it were offering a window to her past, reminding her of where she had been.

“I was not really prepared to be a teenage mother and a student at the same time; I mean; is any girl at age fifteen? My dad had died with I was younger and my mother recognized my dilemma and assumed the role of primary caregiver to little Haley after she was born.” Jennifer paused, sighed, and took another sip.

Just at that moment, the server deposited the sandwich trays on the table in front of them, asked with no sincerity at all if they needed anything else, and sped off to the next table, one where two nice-looking young men were sitting, probably students from nearby Middlebury College; both of whom had been flirting openly with her since their arrival.

Jennifer took her first bite and, for the next few minutes, between bites, continued her narrative.

“After giving birth to Haley, I continued with trying to get my high school education. That education, unfortunately, included learning how to fend off the boys who were constantly approaching me in efforts to have sex with me.

“After all,” Jennifer now took on an expression of disgust, “since most of my classmates knew that I’d had a child already, it was obvious that I would,” finger quotes in the air, “‘do the trick’, as the guys used to say crudely about any girl in our school who was known to be sexually active.

“I realized after just a few weeks of this,” Jennifer continued, “that I was not really well-equipped to handle the pressures of dealing with getting my scholastic credentials, raising a child, and enjoying the supposedly formative years of high school – with all of its so-called ‘wonderful memories’ for the future. But I tried; and I succeeded for the rest of that year after Haley was born.”

Jennifer shook her head, and took another sip of her drink, trying obviously to fight off another descent into crying. Brad wisely kept his mouth shut and tried to maintain what he thought was a sensitive, receptive demeanor.

“And then ... lightning struck in the same place twice, so to speak,” Jennifer said with a sad shake of her head.

“I was almost sixteen, and I was a junior. Following my attendance at the prom as a hopeful junior who was the date of a senior, I gave it up once more after a lot of drinking at an after-prom party.” Jennifer sighed and continued.

“He must have bought cheap condoms; because, nine months later, little Connor came into my life. Now, I was a senior in high school and the mother of an infant AND a toddler. My date that night claimed that I had had sex with several boys besides him at the after-party, and his friends backed him up in his story, so paternity was questionable. We were all still minors, so the local powers that be did not pursue statutory rape charges; and the existence of Haley had already sort of established my so-called ‘loose morals.’

“As you can imagine, I was not going to get any help from the boy or from the officials in the town, even if my mom could have raised any money to try to hire an attorney.

“Mom decided to withdraw me from school at the end of that semester, and began to tutor me at home for the rest of my senior year. When the time came, I took the GED exam and got my High School equivalent diploma. But, I missed out on all the excitement and experiences of all the other kids my age; you know, like simply learning to deal with the challenges and rewards of living the life of a typical teenager.

“Instead, I had to learn to BE a mother and help out my own mother with the household chores, while trying to figure out what to do with my life – a life that, up to that point, had been ruined by my interactions with the male of the species.” Jennifer paused at this point and looked briefly at Brad.

He spoke softly when he said, “I cannot begin to imagine just how rough that must have been. But, you seem to have overcome it; at least emotionally. By that, I mean that I felt during our interview, and even while recognizing your courage in telling me your story here today, that you are one tough lady. I mean, you had to be tough; to come through all of that, and be who you are today.”

Jennifer gave Brad a grateful smile and continued her story.

“From the age of seventeen until I turned twenty-one, I swore off men. I would interact with them at church and at the community college, where I would take courses when I could, working on an associate degree in secretarial studies. But I did not date seriously until I had obtained my associate degree and Haley was in kindergarten and Connor was in pre-school.”

“Then, I made another mistake; and it was surely the biggest mistake of my young life,” Jennifer said. “I met and married Rex Crandall when I was twenty-seven. Rex was on the rebound from breaking off an engagement with a woman who was cheating on him all the while they had dated; and even during their engagement. Although he appeared to me to be all man, I found out later ... too late for me, unfortunately ... that Rex was emotionally shallow; and a cheater in his own right.

“Despite all the signals that he was giving off, I very obviously misread the situation with us. I really believed that Rex was fulfilling my hope that I could settle down into a comfortable and loving life with him and that he would help me to correct the wayward path on which I had entered adulthood. In doing that, he would eventually lead me, along with my two children, into a long and wonderful family life. But I found out too late that Rex simply could not handle it.

“One day, after only two years of marriage, and only six months after burying my mom, I came home to find my then thirteen-year-old daughter and almost eleven-year-old son sitting on the front porch. They were both upset. They had been locked out of the house from the time they had gotten off the bus from school, an hour-and-a-half earlier.

“Unlocking the door, my kids and I entered the rented house, only to find the place silent, and a lot of our stuff was gone. Rex had left a note on the kitchen table that simply said he was sorry and that he had to go. I found out over the next couple of days that he had taken a lot of the money out of our savings and checking accounts as well.

“I was heartbroken, and a real wreck. Thankfully, we had a neighbor lady who took pity on me and took me under her wing. One month later, I filed for divorce on the grounds of abandonment, using his note as evidence, and it was eventually granted. It was not until after the final divorce decree that I found out from a mutual friend just why Rex had really run off.

“Fortunately, I had just barely enough money in the bank to afford to move to the small town of Middlebury, Vermont, where I found a job working part time for Woodchuck Hard Cider Corporation. Initially, I worked as a financial assistant – basically, a spreadsheet filler – but I guess I must have proven my worth to my bosses, as I obtained a full time position after only several months. I even managed to begin putting my secretarial credentials to work for almost six months, until the economy forced the company to reduce my hours to part time status once again.

“I heard from a co-worker that J.A.M. Aluminum was expanding its business and was hiring some temporary-status administrative help in its corporate offices. So, I applied and began to do temp work a few months ago. When I heard about the opening for the job of secretary to the Division Chief of the Fabrication Management Division, I threw my name into the mix; with the results that we see today.”

Jennifer reached out to touch Brad’s hand lightly; not in a sexual or affectionate manner, but in an obviously friendly manner, accompanied by an equally thankful expression on her face.

“Brad, believe me when I say that I was overjoyed when I found out that I had landed this job,” Jennifer affirmed, “It allows me to have some hope that I can break out of my economic doldrums at last. With the pay and benefits from working in this position, I will be earning much more than ever before in my life.”

Brad smiled and interjected, “And I am very sure, from reviewing your Quals, that you will be able to do well and not let me down.”

“Oh, I won’t even come close to letting you down, Brad.” Jennifer now gripped the back of Brad’s hand. When he winced, she released the pressure and continued.

“You know,” Jennifer said, with her face now coloring a bit as she looked down at the table between them, “I still simply cannot believe that I just bared my soul and let someone who I barely know in on so many of the sordid details of my life; I guess I should be a bit more embarrassed than I am. And I am sorry if I made you uncomfortable in any way by all that I spilled out here.”

Brad turned his hand over and returned the favor of her earlier friendly grasp of his hand. He gave hers a brief assuring squeeze and said, “Hey; I am very flattered that you felt that degree of comfort with me in the short span of time that we have known each other.” He accompanied his comforting words with a truly friendly smile.

“Oh, you are just ... you ... well ... Brad, you just seem to be so genuine. And, you also make me feel comfortable in accepting the job working for you; in that I believe...” Here, Jennifer paused before continuing, “that you will not do anything ... uh ... inappropriate.”

Before Brad could say anything to that, Jennifer hurriedly continued, “I mean that you have not done or said anything out of line, or indicated that you would in the future. And it means a lot to me that you want to hire me for who I really am; and not ... not for ... well, what men sometimes hire women for; especially those who come across as desperate as I must appear to be right now.”

Jennifer was beginning to panic at the way she had let her mouth run away with her. ‘He won’t want me now. He will think that I am some sort of crazy bimbo or something. I just know it.’ She was prepared to grab her purse and leave once more; she was so overcome by feelings of embarrassment. But Brad kept hold of her hand and he was still smiling with that look of comfort and assurance of his.

“Jennifer,” Brad said to her softly, “I can understand your concerns and your desire for a better life for you and your kids. Jan and I hope to have a family of our own someday; but that is way, way out in the future, as of right now.

“Meanwhile,” Brad continued, “she is my life and my love; and I would never do anything to endanger my marriage. Nor would I want to endanger my own chances of advancing in this great company by thinking with my ... well, my other head, as they say.”

Jennifer could not help but chuckle at Brad’s humorous assurance. She looked up into his face and said, “Thanks for that ... Boss. I guess that I get to call you that now; huh?”

“No,” Brad said, “I told you at the end of the interview back at the office that I want you to call me ‘Brad’ when we are not in the presence of someone who would expect formality; and I meant it.”

Jennifer smiled at Brad and said, “It may take me a little while to get over the idea of being so informal with my boss, the one who has my employment future in his hands every single working day.”

“Oh, that’s all right; take what time you need; but not TOO much time; I want you to be comfortable working around me,” Brad tried to assure her. Then he continued.

“Even I am truly surprised that the climate is so relaxed throughout J.A.M. The Senior VPs also insist that all of us lowly management types refer to them by first names when we are not in more formal or professional settings. I have even heard their own secretaries call them by their first names, unless some important visitor high up in the hierarchy of another company is here for some meeting or other.”

Jennifer nodded as she remembered experiencing that same pleasant feeling of ‘family’ radiating from everyone at J.A.M. in the short time she had been temping there.

Jennifer was a bit more content now as she looked up with a smile of optimism at Brad. He did not notice, as he was waving the server over to take his card to pay for the lunch.

Yes, Jennifer believed that she was now going to be in a much better situation economically. And her personal outlook on life, despite not having a steady man at the moment, was beginning to look a bit more optimistic as well.

She still could not afford to move out of her apartment in the less-than-desirable part of town where she and her kids stayed. And her poor twelve-year-old Mazda was on its last legs.

But now, at least, Jennifer had a little bit more hope than before she had met Brad Pittman.

Chapter 3 »

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.