Changing Life
Chapter 6

Copyright© 2016 by SW MO Hermit

In the end Jack decided to return to Earth. He and his personnel returned to his land in the mountains and began building a new home for themselves. With Imperial technology they were very safe behind the shields. Unfortunately they had to live behind the shields to keep the government at bay. They sent people out clandestinely to purchase supplies from all over the world and to recruit personnel. As their group grew they purchased land contiguous to Jack’s original acreage. Their wealth and population expanded rapidly. The plan Jack came up with was simplicity in itself. As they expanded they used Imperial technology to vet new members of his population to insure they would be honest, loyal and supportive of the new way of life. Imperial technology was good enough that a person’s loyalty and fidelity, once determined, always turned out to be as Glorious certified. They continued to use Imperial technology to protect the land they expanded into. They continued to be loyal to the United States but as they expanded they modified the local laws they were able to and treated crime harshly. Education became not only truly important but truly mandatory. Disruption in schools was dealt with harshly. For once teachers taught albeit using Imperial texts and subjects as well as those normally mandated by Earth laws.

Unfortunately, those who were rejected as new citizens of Jack’s growing settlement for one reason or another became very vocal and rabidly hated Jack’s new civilization. They vilified Jack and the changed life for those persons selected to join him. Many of those not chosen were rejected for reasons of moral turpitude. In short they were criminals or dishonest, unethical. Those who chose to remain in territory under Jack’s control rapidly found they made a mistake. They ended up exiled or, more often dead. Those exiled were immediately snatched up by the government, never to be seen again as they were deemed enemy aliens and the holders of desired knowledge. Of course a large percentage of those rejected were spies trying to infiltrate Jack’s new society. Of those rejected because they were spies many would have been fine citizens except they owed their allegiance to the various governments of the world and were loyal enough to not change their allegiance.

Over the years after Glorious once again landed on Earth Jack shared safe technology with the rest of the world. He used every opportunity to spread his philosophy. Slowly the population of many of the world’s democracies began to demand enforcement of laws on the books. Vigilante committees were formed as were political action committees. Corrupt public officials were removed. Criminals were captured, prosecuted and incarcerated. In countries where the death sentence still existed violent criminals were put to death in increasing numbers. As corruption and dishonesty declined the standard of living improved in many countries simply because more money found its way into the economy instead of corrupt individual’s pockets.

Jack and his people continued expanding their settlement in the United States. As they exceeded the boundaries of a political subdivision at the next election one of their members was elected to fill each of the existing jobs (if a member was not currently holding that elected office). In this manner, over the course of several years Jack took over his county, then the state. Eventually they had members in the house and senate and finally a candidate for President. Jack refused to run for office but for all intents and purposes he ran the country because he was the leader of his people. He was de facto ruler if not de jure.

Glorious used Imperial technology to scan and “get the goods” on corrupt officials. She publicized their illegal, immoral and unethical acts. In many cases the electorate voted them out of office at the next election in spite of the party machine and their well to do supporters. Within twenty years the worst corruption in the United States was cleaned up. Jack felt safe in planning the first exploratory trip outside the solar system, secure in his knowledge of a safe base on earth.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.