Saving Amanda
Chapter 4

Copyright© 2018 by JRyter

It’s a full, two day trip down the steep, winding mountain trail to the first paved county road, and I wanted us to arrive at, or just after dark. I was hoping we’d not meet any search parties along the way. I was trying to cover all the bases in my mind. I was sure that if we were spotted from the air during the day, we’d surely be considered members of a search party.

We started at daylight the next morning. I saddled both my horses as Amanda put the bridles on them. She told me that she’s always loved horses and rode horses in the summer with her dad when they’d go to their summer home in southern Colorado to stay.

“Did your brother or mother ever ride with you?”

“No. Daniel was never a horse person. He was actually scared of them. Mother always laughed and told me that I smelled like horses when I came back from a ride. I never told her, but that was a compliment to me.”

We were riding side by side on the first leg of the trail. The steepest parts of the trail would begin about halfway down and last for a half-mile before the trail sloped back south and leveled out again. My brother and I had ridden this trail many times, after dad showed us the way down. Mom home-schooled us and the only way we could meet girls, was to ride down the mountain. The first time we rode down alone, we met a group of girls on horseback – and we were hooked for life.

“Rusty?”

I was so deep in thought about Randall and me back then, that I didn’t realize it had been so long since Amanda and I had spoken.

“I have to apologize, Amanda. I was thinking of the first time my brother, Randall and I rode our horses down this trail alone. This was the only way we could meet girls and after meeting a group of girls on horseback at the bottom of the mountain, he and I were hooked. He was nearly two years older than me, but he included me in everything he did, even back then.”

“I’m so glad you and your brother were close like that. I want to hear more about you and Randall growing up on the mountain. I envy you for that.”

“We didn’t have any idea that what we were doing was considered dangerous, until we met the girls and told them where we lived. At first, none of them believed us until we took photos of our home on the mountain back with us next time.”

“Rusty, not only do you look the part, but you have lived the part all your life. You could star in a movie about a ruggedly handsome, lonely, mountain man ... retired from military service, who meets a spoiled heiress after a bear attack and ... she falls in love with him.”

“Were you really that spoiled? You haven’t come across to me as being spoiled.”

“I really was a spoiled little rich bitch – momma’s girl, until I was old enough for Daddy to take me to work with him. He was such a good man and I loved him so much. He was my hero and every day that we were together, I told him he was ... I wanted to be with him all the time.”

“What did your daddy do to become so rich?”

“His dad started out as a construction worker and saved his money to purchase a large property. He borrowed money against that property and built apartments on it. Then a big real estate company bought it from him for a lot of money. He started buying property all over America, building apartment complexes.

“When Daddy took over after Grandpa’s death, he started building condos and either selling them or leasing them. Mostly in California and Florida, then along the Gulf Coast, all the way from the Florida Panhandle over to the Texas – Mexico Border.”

“Did you get to travel with him to all those places?”

“I sure did, and many times, he and I would be gone for a month at a time during the summer. My favorite memory of all was when he brought Daniel and me up here to Spearhead Valley Campgrounds for ten days. I learned to fly fish and I swam in the creeks and the small lake that was there ... That reminds me, I didn’t see that lake when I was wandering around your property, before that mean-ass bear attacked me.”

“That lake was man-made and when the avalanche came down that side of the mountain in 2015, it was filled with dirt, sand, gravel and uprooted trees...

“Did you attend public school or did you go to a private school?”

“I had a tutor who lived with us. She made learning fun and I graduated as an honor student when I was sixteen. I’m not just some dumb blonde, and I never was – again, thanks to my daddy. I even took online college courses and kept it up after I had received my high school diploma. I never attended classes, in school or college, but I have my business degree.”

“The first time I got a look at you after I cleaned you up, I thought then, you were either a movie star or an pro athlete.”

“Did you really? I’ve never thought I looked good to myself. I mean, I have always had big titties and a big butt, beginning when I was twelve, but I never thought I was very attractive.”

“Amanda, you need your eyes checked real soon! Even sitting on that horse wearing one of my t-shirts and my boxers, with the waist cinched around you to keep them up, you are the most beautiful young woman I have ever known.”

“Rusty, for that, you’ll get your ass roughed up again when we stop for the night.”

“I loved the first one you put on me, and I survived. Make it good this time, we may not get another chance when they whisk you away from me.”

They will never separate us, Rusty! I am back and I’m in charge of my life again. I’ll call Daddy’s attorney and have him get my Passport, ID cards, driver’s license, debit cards, and Concealed Carry Permit renewed.

“I’m glad to hear that you’re familiar with firearms. I have three of my .45 Colts in my saddlebags. We’ll each carry one with us at all times, and I’ll carry an extra .45 with plenty of loaded clips.”

“Yes – that was one thing daddy actually insisted I do. He took me to the firing range and his friends put me through all the training classes on a personal basis. I was eighteen at the time and I’ve always carried a gun since then. My little Walther .380, loaded with hollow-points, is at the bottom of a lake back there on the washed-out road, in my Jeep with all my other ID...

“Until I can have all of them replaced, you’ll have to put me in a hotel, feed me burgers and fries, and screw my big ass each night we’re together down there.”

“I assumed you’d be a health-food fanatic, with your toned abs, that tight butt and those miraculous breasts. I just knew you had never munched on fast-food.”

“If I saw my body the way you describe me, I may eat more fast-food. When I eat one burger, with fries smothered in ketchup, I run for miles until I’m sure I’ve burned up all that fat and those extra calories.”

“Will you let me run with you?”

“Hell yes, I will. Did you really run on those mountain trails like the one leading to the creek?”

“I ran to and from the creek each day there was no snow or ice on the trail. There’s another trail that leads away from the creek on the other side. That one circles back and joins the riding trail that you walked a full lap, to end up at the old campgrounds. We’ll have to try that one when we go back.”

“Rusty, I could leap over there and fuck you on your horse for telling me that. You’ll never know how much hearing you include me in your life, makes me love you even more.”

“After spending the past month with you, I’ve come to think of you being there with me all the time.”

“Can you fly a helicopter, like the one your friend Kyle has?”

That question made me stop my horse and look at her. Sometimes I never know what she’s going to say next and I’ve come to love that about her.

“I have no idea why you asked that – but yes, I’m licensed to fly choppers. I had logged my required flight time during the time I was in Medic and Nursing school. When I was on the helicopter EMT rescue team, I wanted to finish my classes and flight time, in case I was called upon to fly, so I continued the classes and got my license ... Now, tell me why you asked?”

“My daddy’s company owns three of them. Last time I was at the headquarters of his company, two of them were there and they told me they were never used since Daddy died. We could take one back with us.”

“We can’t leave the horses ... I could never leave them for someone else to care for, more than a short period of time.”

“Then, we’ll ride our horses back up the mountain and have one of the helicopters flown up there ... I may just tell them to bring both of them up there and tell them that I’ll need them so I can come check on Daddy’s company... My company – now that Daniel has killed Mother and Daddy, and has plans to kill me too.”

“Tell me, Amanda – is this the spoiled little rich girl talking, or is this the heiress of her daddy’s empire, making plans to take over?”

“Would it make a difference either way?”

“I’m sure it would one day.”

“Just so you’ll know what you’re getting when you marry me ... this is the heiress of Nielsen Enterprises Inc. planning to take over her daddy’s company and run the operation just like he did. We’ll live high on our mountaintop and run his business from there.”

“I love the sound of all that, but you’ll need a really good man in charge of the all the construction crews, and sub-contractors. A man who can take care of the daily problems that are sure to pop up with a company that big.”

“We have that man already. Daddy trusted him and his son to make sure it ran smoothly in his absence, and we’ll give him and his son both a promotion to General Manager of Nielsen, and Assistant Manager.”

“Amanda, your daddy would be proud of you. I’m proud of you too, for having a head for business and recognizing who can and will run the business for you on a daily basis. You’re no dumb blonde, that’s for certain. You’re an educated, shrewd business woman and I’m glad to be along for the ride.”

“Oh – you won’t just be along for the ride. You’ll be Executive Vice President, the position my dumb-ass brother was supposed to fill.”

“I know nothing about construction. You could make a better choice and have someone you could depend upon.”

“There’s not another man on this earth I’d rather depend upon than Rusty McCaul, my future husband ... that is if he ever comes right out and asks me point-blank, to marry him.”

“Amanda, I am in awe of the woman whose life I saved. I never gave a thought about falling in love with a beautiful, younger woman. Now that we’ve discovered who you are and what has happened to you and your parents, I am even more in awe of you for being strong enough to accept all the crap that’s been thrown at you, and still take on the responsibility of setting things straight. We have yet to contact the authorities and tell them the real story behind your disappearance. You have yet to go through the legalities involved with getting this mess straightened out ... but here you are, even stronger and more determined than ever, ready to step up and take over your daddy’s empire...

“Amanda... I may have rescued you – but you saved me – when you came into my life! If you’re sure this is what you want and you’re sure you could love a reclusive, mature man like me ... I want you to marry me. I hope you want kids too, because that’s the one thing I’ve missed out on, that hurts a loner like me most of all.”

“DAMN, RUSTY! You made me cry, and I don’t ever fucking cry! YES, YES, I’ll marry you. After those two wild, rough-ass rides you put me through yesterday and this morning, we’re probably on our way to starting a family. I love the thought that I may already be pregnant with our first baby! Can we get married as soon as I contact Daddy’s attorney? We’ll need to get things started ASAP, and let him contact the authorities for us.”

I handed her the Sat-Phone and she looked at me...

“Who am I supposed to call?”

“Call whoever knows about marriage license and waiting periods in Colorado. If we’re going to do this, I want us to be married when they start trying to tear you apart.”

She was already tapping numbers as I spoke. I heard her ask for information. Then, she was smiling at me as she tapped in another number.

Yes, I need to know where and how we can get a marriage license ... and if there is a waiting period.

Oh really? That’s great, and thank you so much.”

“What did you find out?”

She looked up, smiled, and kept tapping numbers ... then she looked up. “We can apply online and pick up our license tomorrow morning at 8:00. We can even solemnize our own wedding vows and there’s no waiting period. We’ll have sixty-three days to record our wedding certificate.”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.