The Little Thief - Cover

The Little Thief

Copyright© 2020 by Charlie for now

Chapter 1

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 1 - A speeding car in his neighborhood, an accident in his front yard, a young person found under his bird of paradise, then a little thief stole his heart. All this started a new life for Charles Xavier Cooper.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Fa/Fa   Teenagers   Romantic   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   TransGender   Military   Rags To Riches   Mother   Daughter   DomSub   Spanking   Polygamy/Polyamory   Hispanic Female   Anal Sex   Analingus   Cream Pie   First   Oral Sex   Petting   Safe Sex   Sex Toys   Leg Fetish   Small Breasts  

The car could not have been going any faster. It was doing at least 90 miles an hour on these streets, in a residential area. The driver was taking turns going faster than the car could hold the pavement, then finally it skidded out of control, slammed sideways into my tree, the back end just behind the rear wheels hitting at a right angle and slamming the rear end partially out from under the car. The passenger door swung open from the massive impact, almost being ripped from the hinges. The driver’s door opened and out came a guy with a gun, shooting once, and quickly being taken care of with a few police bullets. He had not heeded their demands to stop, and he shot before they could tell him to lay the weapon down. He obviously thought he could take them out and run before they returned fire and neutralized him as a threat. He was wrong. Dead wrong. Two of San Diego’s finest put him down like a mad dog.

They saw me watching from my porch. “Sir, did you see any of this incident,” the male officer asked me.

I said, honestly, “Yes, officer, I saw everything that happened all three times you all came by here chasing him. Watched the whole thing. Right up to the end.”

“Thank you. Sorry, but we’ll need statements. Is that your home?” I nodded. “OK, Officer DelGado or I will be with you as soon as our supervisors and the medics get here.” He went to the suspect to help his partner, whom I presume was Officer DelGado, check on the driver.

“He’s dead, Rodg. We killed him.” It was a woman’s voice. Sad. “I guess we just made the point zero one percent.”

“Yeah, but don’t worry, Steph. We have the dashcam and the one witness, at least. It’ll be OK. We’ll be OK. It was the only thing we could do.” It was faint, but my hearing is pretty good.

My time in the service had minimal exposure to aircraft engines, even then just on the inside of the aircraft, and mostly helicopters. I also had a penchant for wearing ear protection. I always wore protection at the firing range. Before they made the electronic earphones and ear pieces, the guys made fun of the weirdo in the mickey mouse ears. I spent a month’s pay on some of the first electronic ones and always wore them in the field. Now when I speak softly they just say, “What?” Joke’s on you! I can still hear.

Then I saw the flash. Of a zipper, metal tag, or some such, over by my big Bird-of-Paradise in the yard. It was not a large person. I looked more carefully. Their jacket was nylon, slightly shiny, black. Jeans, blue, but no white showing, no fraying. A foot. Small. Black shoe. Worn eyelets. That’s what reflected my porch light.

I walked over, whistling, then when I was close enough, I looked down, to a little face, looking up, trembling, tears falling, sniffling. It spoke.

A soft, feminine voice, whispered, simply, “Let me hide here. I’ll give you lots of money. If you turn me in, the money is gone. They’ll take it. If Sam is dead, no one will know. Please, mister. Let me hide until everyone is gone.”

I said nothing, just nodded and walked to my side door, to the garage, leaving it open, then walked out by the street to make it look like I was paying attention to what they, the police, were doing. More commotion when another cruiser pulled up. Then an ambulance. I looked back at a small dark figure moving in the shadows, toward, and into my garage. Bright kid. Bright, I know. Took me up on my hint to go inside. Kid, speculation from the little cherub face, and small form, and the little tiny black Keds.

The police involved were talking to their sergeant, and it looked like a lieutenant showed up, so I meandered back inside, telling them I had to check on my niece. They acknowledged and said they’d check with me for the statement in a bit.

Once inside, I went through the house, looking for my little guest. I found her, in the master bathroom, shaking like a leaf, trying to get her pants off.

“Are you OK? Can we talk? I’d like to know who I just let sneak into my house after a deadly chase and crash, if it’s OK with you, my dear.”

She started crying. “I want,” sniffle “my pants off,” snort “they’re wet,” inhale “and nasty,” sniff “and cold. Oh God, I hope it’s over. I thought I was dead.”

“Here,” I told her, taking her elbow.

She was shaking. I didn’t know if it was a shiver from nerves, cold tremblers, or what it was, but she was ... Shock, Chuck, she’s in shock. It hit me like a ton of bricks. Gotta help her. I set her on the toilet and pulled her shoes off, damp from the grass. Then I was able to pull her pants legs over her feet. Skinny jeans. I threw a big bath towel over her legs. She smelled of urine. That’s what was wet.

I left her there and started the water in the tub, warm water. I squeezed in a splash of bubble bath I had kept around for an old girlfriend. Lilac. It was pretty old. I was hoping it still bubbled. The tub had a shower from before the remodel to add the walk-in shower, so I left the curtain hanging. Glad I forgot that now.

“Go. Finish undressing and get in the tub. The warm water will help. I’ll get you a shirt to wear and throw all your stuff in the washer. Are Keds still washable?” She nodded.

I went to get a robe and a T-shirt. “Hurry, you need the warmth.” She started while I walked out. Grabbing a robe from the closet door and a cotton Broncos jersey off a hanger, I went back in to a pulled shower curtain and the sound of a body moving in bubbly water.

“Care to tell me what this is all about, young lady? Let’s start with a name.”

“Ashley. Ashley Lynn. Ashley Lynn Simms.”

“OK, Ashley Lynn Simms. Who are you and what are you doing in my bathtub?”

“I’m an orphan, and I was invited. Your friends outside are going to be wanting to talk to you. I’d rather stay back here, since if they know I was in that car, nothing but trouble will come of it. Until after you talk to them, the less you know, the better off you are. Please trust me, sir. I’m not the bad guy here.” The sniffs, snorts, and catching of her breath were easing.

“They don’t know you were in the car?”

“Probably not. No way to know.” Sniff.

“If they see you, you’re my niece, in from St. Louis for the summer. Just stay back here. Please tell me you’re not an axe murderer.”

“Nope. Just a girl in trouble.” Snort.

“OK, I’m going to take a chance.”

“Thanks. You won’t be sorry.” She sniffled.

The knock I was expecting came at the door. Letting the officers in, they asked if they could record an interview. They sat on the couch, with me next to them in an easy chair. I didn’t have a problem with it, said so, and let them guide me through what I saw. They wanted me to say that I heard them say ‘Stop’ before the shots were fired, but they had to be careful not to even get close to saying that they wanted that. I knew the drill. I laid it out exactly like it happened, totally exonerating them. It was only right. They said they’d get my statement typed up and call in the morning to arrange for a going over and a signature. That worked, and I let them know that. They left, Officer DelGado still shaken, but sounding and looking better.

Back in the bathroom, Ashley was still in the tub, but pushed the curtain back. She was still under the bubbles, but they would start popping down anytime, I presumed.

“Under your bed there is a bag. I’m not assuming that you couldn’t just kill me and take it for yourself, but I’m hoping what I say next will keep that from happening...” I interrupted her.

“I have no such intention. You did mention money for keeping you, and that might transpire, but don’t assume I’m the bad guy here, either.”

“OK. There’s more. A lot more. I need to get back to it before people come looking for that asshole they just shot. I hope he’s dead. That would be my ticket to freedom.”

“Then you’re free.”

“I’m so sorry, God,” she looked up, “but he deserved it.” She looked at me. “He bought me from some people. I should say he was buying me from some people, when he killed them and robbed them. He was going to kill me, too, after he raped me, I think. Anyway, this morning he got me from them and took three bags from them. One full of money, one full of drugs, and the little one in there with money and some jewelry and stuff. Some cut, unmounted diamonds, and I think, emeralds, too. Very green and very shiny. Anyway, I need to get to the warehouse he took me to this morning where he dropped off the drugs and the big bag of money. I’ll be straight with you...” She looked at me questioningly.

“Chuck. Chuck Cooper.”

“OK, I’ll be straight with you, Chuck Cooper. I have no idea how much money is in there or in the other bag, but after what I’ve been through for the last few months, it’s mine, and I deserve what you don’t steal from me.”

“OK, Ashley Lynn Simms. You’ve made your point. Are you hungry or anything?”

“I’m famished, Mister Cooper. Dickwad didn’t feed me all day. I figured we were on the way to my last resting place when the cops tried to pull him over. I’m going to assume he’s wanted for something big, ‘cause he was cussing and yelling up a storm while he was trying to get away from them. He showed no love for the police, that’s for sure. I’m just glad the car threw me out instead of crushing me on that tree. I’m probably lucky just to have these scrapes.” She stood and showed me her hip.

I almost passed out. I have a thing for little redheads anyway, but when she stood and showed me her hip and leg, she also showed me her neck, shoulders, chest, waist, bottom, other leg and Oh! My! did she show me! The only thing I didn’t see at first was her feet and the little patch of red hair over her nether region. I got to see that when she turned and asked about the other hip. All that’s left is her feet. Auuugggghhhhhhh, she’s cute.

I told her to sit back down and offered to wash her hair for her. “Since I’ve seen most of you now...”

“Most of me?”

“Yes, I have a thing for redheads, petite females, feet, stockings, high heels, and voices like yours. You sound so sweet, and innocent. In any case, I’ve seen everything but your feet...” She interrupted me this time.

“Mr. Cooper. Chuck. You and I are going to get along just fine. I guarantee.” And that was that. I never questioned my feelings for her after that simple statement. I never had to. She laid back in the tub to get her hair nice and wet for me, then lifted her legs straight up, perpendicular to her body. “Feet, two of them. You like? You can touch if you want. I’m not shy. I’ll explain later.”

I reached out, and massaged two of the cutest dainty lovable feet my nasty old hands had ever touched.

“Oh, jeez, that feels good. It’s been so long since anyone has touched me without trying to hurt me. Thank you.”

I washed her hair and rinsed it well. The bathtub shower had a hose or shower wand or whatever they’re called. I used that to rinse her long shag cut beautiful bright red hair out. Maybe that’s why I haven’t taken all that out. The curtain and rod. Subconsciously I knew ... Never mind. No relevance whatsoever to me walking out of that bathroom before I came in my pants. Anyway, I offered her a washrag and a bar of soap, and walked out.

About 5 minutes later, she padded into the kitchen, wearing the blue and orange shirt. It came down to mid-thigh on her. The robe, I presume, was still in the bathroom.

“Thank you for not turning me over to the police. I can’t promise you much, but I can promise you won’t be sorry. At least not because of me. I have my birth certificate, a social security card, and a passport. I’m a real legal person, if you can believe it. We all got them at the orphanage when we turned 13. They said it would make our lives easier in the future. Especially the passport. It’ll help me get a driver’s license easier, from what I hear. If you’ll teach me to drive, I’ll buy you a new car. What kind do you want? Sorry, Chuck. Mr. Cooper, I’m rambling.”

“It’s OK, I like hearing your voice. I told you that. You are burning adrenaline from your little episode, and you’re a little stressed out right now. It’s all good. Has anyone ever told you how extremely cute you are?”

“Not in those words. The two that bought me from the orphanage in Iowa said I was extremely ‘fuckable’ but I don’t know how that relates to (she air quoted) ‘cute’. Thank you, by the way.”

“You’re welcome. The other is a rude way of saying you were going to be worth some money to them in the human trafficking industry at some point, but you can see where that got them. And the fellow they traded with. Do you think you want to track that bag down tonight, or tomorrow?”

“Tonight. If you don’t mind. I think we should just leave the other bag there. Of course, I would hope an honest cop finds it, but I don’t want any chance of calling it in to go wrong and getting nabbed myself.”

“Maybe I can think of something. Let me feed you and we can get your clothes clean and dry and go take care of your other savings account.” She giggled. And nodded. That was as cute as the giggle.

I fixed us each a sandwich and put a few chips and some bottles of water out with it. Once we had eaten, and got her clothed, we set out in my truck, a nondescript old Dodge Ram, for the vicinity of downtown National City and a rundown warehouse she was just vaguely familiar with. She told me she’d never forget the oily smell. It was catty corner across the alley from a Taco Bell, and between an empty lot and an abandoned run-down building. Perfect. Urban renewal. Coop style.

We parked in the Taco Bell lot, after I checked for cameras with my meter, and walked across to the building. She had a key from the other bag. I had told her to use the same door he did earlier. Once we were inside, she picked up and checked the big duffel that the money was in. I told her to take it back to the truck and just nonchalantly put the bag on the ground by the back door on my side and I’d be there in a bit. She could barely lift it, but she shouldered the strap and soldiered on.

Oil was everywhere. Used to be a garage. Flammables. I put the duffel with the drugs in the corner to increase the heat exposure. Small timer inside an old oil can. Hydrocarbon based mini torch explosive would blend with the oil residue. Wouldn’t be found. Spontaneous combustion would be the documented cause. The drug residue would be found with a mass spectrometer, should they go that far. I doubted they would.

I got back to the truck, threw the duffel in the back seat, then we got in the drive thru line for a few tacos, pintos and cheese, a Mountain Dew for her, a Pepsi for me and off we went.

When we got back to the house, I put her in the guest room with her Broncos shirt for pajamas. Waking her up at nine in the morning, I invited her out for a breakfast of scrambled eggs and toast. I turned on the kitchen TV and scanned the local stations for news.

“At three o’clock this morning, a small shop fire in an old garage burned it to the ground. Nothing salvageable. That is why the city council wants new businesses to move in and use some of these properties. Tax Incentive Financing is the only way...” And so it went on the morning news. Another fire, in another rundown neighborhood. Must’ve gotten hot enough to disintegrate the whole bag with the drugs, but then, that was the plan.

After we ate, I thought we should go ahead and finish the talk now. So much I needed to know. I liked the kid, and could use the company, as well. She was a nice addition to the décor.

“OK, it started 16 years ago, and a few weeks. I was born in Nebraska, parents moved to Iowa. Killed in a car wreck when I was two. I guess I’m thankful I was with a babysitter. Sometimes I’m not so thankful. Depends on the day. Passed from orphanage to foster home to orphanage and back, and finally, a couple shows up in Sioux City to take me ‘home’ (she air quoted again in her cute little way). In the parking lot, I’m led to a van with two men, the couple gets in a car and drives off. They put some strong smelling cloth thing over my face and I don’t remember a thing between there and a house here overlooking the bay down there. I understand that’s Mission Bay. That’s my life. Other than a brain, I used to get pretty good grades, I’ve got nothing, except those bags, my birth certificate, and my passport. Oh, and my Social Security card. That’s in the packet with my birth certificate inside the passport.”

“Well,” I started in, “I went through the bags, and if I steal you blind for everything that isn’t money, you have about three million dollars. There’s a million in bearer bonds and a little over two in cash. Unmarked, used, random twenties and hundreds. Wrappers are generic. Not from any institution. What I have taken aside for now, and we need help with, are about 50 diamonds, 4 or 5 pretty good-sized ones, with a black one mixed in. That thing is worth some money. About 10 emeralds, one in the 3 to 4 carat range, some mixed rubies, sapphires, onyx, and a beautiful double strand of pearls. Those used to belong to someone with taste, money, and a good eye for pearls. There are 80 one-ounce bars of gold, not source identified, and some silver ingots. I’d say you’re worth about 4 Million, give or take.”

The little thief had stolen 4 million dollars from someone who would not ask for it back. Where he got it was questionable, but the trail ended with a dead body and a police report.

“Holy crap. I can go to school.”

“Yes, it looks that way. It looks like you can do anything you want, except spend a lot of money. Any expenditure of any size is going to bring the law down on you pretty hard, so be very, very careful what you do with it.”

“How much are you going to take for helping me?”

“Hey, hon, I’m not taking anything from you. Ashley, you stole that money from bad people. It’s yours fair and square. Now, if you need some place to stay while you figure out what to do with it, you can buy some groceries once in a while, and hang out. I’d love to have you stay around for a while.”

“I don’t believe you. No one would do that.”

“Well, Ashley, you don’t know me. I can’t prove I’m not going to do something. All I can do is not do it. I’d love to have you hang around. It’s a nice place. There is a fairly nice school here in the neighborhood, as well. You’ll be what, a junior?”

“Senior. I’d love to finish and go to college.”

“I can help with that, too, believe it or not. What do you want to be when you grow up?”

“Social work. Child Psychology. Family dynamics. Help kids. Help families. That’s my main goal. Lots of ways to get there.”

“That, my dear girl, is an honorable goal. Very much so. I will do everything I can to help, if I’m around to pitch in.”

“Why wouldn’t you be, Mr...” I held my hand up and tutted. “Chuck. Why wouldn’t you be?”

“Ashley, it’s a big world out there. You’re going to meet some cute stud with a fast boat, fall in love, and run away with him. It’s how the world works. The newer girl models get the newer guy models, and the older models, well, we just wish we were younger so we could get a newer model.” I smiled at her and she giggled. Cute giggle.

“I understand, but I’m not going anywhere. At least not for the time being. I’ve known you for ... fourteen hours, and you haven’t stolen from me, grabbed my ass, tried to shove your tongue down my throat or told me to suck your dick. At this point ... Chuck ... You are the nicest man I’ve met since I was two.” A smile. She got one from me, too.

“Let’s see if I can keep the streak going. You seem like a nice person, Ashley. I’ll even buy dinner tonight. Wanna eat out and celebrate our new-found friendship, or find some steaks and dirty the California air?”

“Let’s go out, please? I’ve been cooped up for so long, I’d love to move around a little. Think I could go shopping, too? I’d like to add some color to my wardrobe, not to mention, I’d like a wardrobe.”

“Damned comedienne jumped out of a car into my front yard!” Snickers from both of us. I’m liking her. “Yes, hon, there’s a couple of strip malls up on the hill with a Kohl’s and a Target and a couple other places. There’s a nice steak house up there as well. Let’s start there, then we can eat and chill for the evening. Tomorrow, there’s a mall up the way, actually two. We can go visit those, as well. The next day, another mall south of here. A few different stores. We can get what you need, or I guess want, at this rate. In the meantime, I’m free for a while, so let me know what you need and we’ll go do it. Sounds like you haven’t been on your own yet, so I’ll try to help out. Sound good?”

“Absolutely. I’m so glad I found you. I don’t think this would have gone so well just anywhere.”

“Me neither, doll. Me neither.”

So, we went shopping. She wasn’t kidding when she said we were going to get along fine. She bought skirts, dresses, shorts, cute blouses, high heels for dressing up, and casual, then bought some boat shoes. Nice ones. Sperry TopSiders. Blue leather with satin laces.

“Chuck, do you have boat shoes?”

“Yeah, I have an old pair to knock around in.”

“Get some new ones. Nice ones. These. I like the dark blue two-tone leather. They’re sharp. I want you to have these. They’re like mine, too. Similar, anyway.”

“Ashley, why are you so nuts over boat shoes right now?”

“I want a boat. We need boat shoes. Another dream. Appease me. Please?”

“OK, doll. Lemme try ‘em on.” Ashley found a box with my size and brought it over. “Ooooh, nice, little girl. You do good work with little or no supervision. I might have to keep you. These are comfortable. Almost as nice as my old ones, and I haven’t worn them out yet.” I smiled at her and thanked her.

She kissed my cheek. “You’re welcome, Chuck. Ever owned a boat?”

“Yes, but it’s been a while. Inland. Wanting one here. Been shopping, actually. I want a big fishing boat to play on.”

“After I have clothes, you’re going to teach me how to drive and I’m going to buy me a beater car, and we’ll go boat shopping. I want my new friend to take me fishing. I’m sorry, Chuck. I’m not bossing you around. I have no right to do that, anyway. I’m just talking and funning. We’re OK, right?” She looked a little worried, like she’d overstepped or something, so I made my big move.

“We’re more than OK, Ashley. I like you. You are a joyous creature. I get the feeling you haven’t been for a while, and you’re doing the ‘coming out of the shell’ thing. Please don’t worry about me. I’ll tell you, very gently, if you’re getting out of hand. I don’t see that happening anytime soon. I’m like you, though. Less than 24 hours, and I’m enchanted. A la Taylor Swift’s song. Please don’t be in love with someone else. I like you, hon. A lot. You’re growing wings. You’ve been held back too long. You have a crazy plan? I’m in. You wanna buy me boat shoes? I’m in. You wanna buy a boat? I’m in. Now look who’s babbling!”

“Babble. To me. You saved me, Chuck. You kept me. You didn’t turn me in. You took a chance. Thank you. I’m going to make it worth your while.” She kissed my nose and took my shoes and put them in the box. “Getting these, right? They fit good?”

I nodded. “Really good, actually.” She smiled, put hers on top and handed them and two other shoe boxes to me. “Great, now I’m a pack mule for a shopaholic!”

“Yup!” She kissed my upper arm walking with a bunch of clothes in her arms and me with the shoes. I realized then that it was just above my elbow. This girl was definitely vertically challenged. But then I said I had a thing for petite redheads. Wouldn’t it be nice? I know she’s too young for me, but maybe she’ll grace my vision for a while.

After we checked out, Ashley asked the cashier if she could take a few things back in and change. Looking at her in her utilitarian t-shirt and jeans, the lady said “Of course. Go ahead, hon.” She picked out some stuff and one of the boxes and headed over to the change room in the front corner of the store and told me to stay put.

She came back out, a vision. A light pastel green girl’s tee, white cotton short shorts with a little pastel green ribbon for a belt, as well as one in her hair, and some light natural leather strappy high heeled sandals. She saw my smile. “Five out of six ain’t bad, is it?” she said in her little girl voice. “Too casual for stockings. They’re in the bag over there, just in case.”

What could I do? My eyes got wet, I leaned over and hugged her. I kissed her earlobe and thanked her for doing this. She made my afternoon. She knew it. I took her for a steak that she claimed to have enjoyed enough to come back here often. “Good. I’m seriously glad to hear that. I know the owners. They’re friends of mine, and I eat here often. Hang on.” I wiggled my fingers and the waitress came running over. “Crystal, is Frank or Sally here?”

“Both are, Chuck. Sally’s doing payroll, so don’t make her mad, OK?” She laughed.

“No way. Not on payday. Will you tell them if they get a break I’d like to introduce them to someone?”

“Sure, boss. I’ll go tell them now. Hey, a piece of Tiramisu to share, or am I being presumptuous?”

Ashley asked her, “Presumptuous?”

“Yeah, the way you look at each other, he either just saved your life, or you’re in love with him. GooGoo eyes. I just presumed you might want to share a romantic dessert. Just saying.” I nodded to her. “I’ll go tell Grandma and Grandpa you want to talk to them. Gotta run. Tiramisu coming up. Two spoons.”

“Wow. I didn’t think I was being that obvious,” Ashley said.

“Me neither. I recall she said, ‘the way you look at each other’, didn’t she?” I asked her.

“Yeah, Buster, so don’t blame this on me. You did kinda just save my life, though, so there is that.”

Ashley watched as an older couple walked up to her at the table. “Coop, Crystal said you had a girlfriend in the house tonight. Oh, My! Sally, look. She’s a pretty girl, and look, she’s not tied up or anything!”

“Frank, be nice. You don’t know her yet, and she may not care for your sick humor.” Sally hugged me then leaned down and hugged Ashley. “Sorry, hon, I’m a hugger. And any friend of Chuck Cooper’s is gonna get a hug.”

“Frank, Sally, this is Ashley. She’ll be staying with me for a while. Might say she’s a friend and just dropped in.” Ashley laughed.

“It’s nice to meet you, Ashley. Sorry about my rude humor. Sometimes my brain thinks it’s funnier than it is.”

“That’s fine, Frank. It was funny, and not long ago more correct than you’d want it to be. Your friend here is helping me out of a bad situation.”

“Well, when he’s off running around, you come on in and we’ll feed you and take care of you, OK?” Frank added that and Sally nodded.

“Thanks. I might take you up on that. The meal was great, and Crystal is, too.”

Sally told her, “Yeah, she’s our baby now. Working her way through college, so we’re lucky that way. Most grandparents don’t get to see their little ones much these days. We get her several days a week. She’s a gem. Well, you two enjoy. Your dessert will be out in a bit. Chuck, don’t be a stranger. Yeah, I know ... You just got back ... Same old story. See ya.” On that note, Sally kissed my cheek, hugged Ashley again, kissed her cheek and they walked away.

“Wow. They’re old enough to have a girl that age for a granddaughter? They don’t look it.”

“She’s like you, I think. You’re a year ahead, aren’t you?” She nodded. “Her, too. One or two years. I don’t know. Just turned 18. Will be a sophomore at UCSD this fall. Sally was pretty young when she had their son, Anthony, and Antonia, don’t laugh, was pretty young as well, when she gave birth to Crystal. They’re not sixty yet. Anthony was a close friend. He’s not with us anymore. Antonia died giving birth to Crystal’s little sister. Neither made it. Crystal was five or six, so she remembers a lot.”

“You sure know a lot about them.”

“Anthony worked for me at one time. And I own half of this place. They had a fire and had to upgrade some things. I stepped in with some of my savings and helped out. We don’t talk about it, but I get a few bucks off the top, after everything else is paid. The family works the place and keeps the payroll pretty low. Hell, I even pitch in sometimes. Plus, I’m putting Crystal through school.”

“Jeez, Chuck. Blue truck AND a white horse?”

“Just doing what I need to do to sleep at night. I came home from that mission. Anthony didn’t. Sorry, that’s still kind of a raw wound.” Ashley tilted her head and made a little frown. She understood it hurt to talk about losing Anthony. Just then Crystal showed up with the tiramisu. “Honey, can I get a couple glasses of Asti, please.” She nodded. “Thanks, hon.”

“Chuck, I’m only sixteen,” Ashley whispered, like the cops were going to hear.

I leaned down and whispered back, “OK, I won’t tell anyone. And, no one will notice if you don’t whisper and act like you’re about to have your first drink in public!” I smiled at her and reached out to touch the back of her hand. She sighed, then smiled at me.

“Will you be my boyfriend?”

“I thought you’d never ask!” I said. She laughed at that loud enough to garner some unwanted attention then slapped her hand over her mouth. ‘Sorry’, she mouthed to me. I just smiled. Crystal brought us the wine. I raised my glass to hers for a toast. “To my new girlfriend. May I be everything she needs, and enough of what she wants to keep me.” My new girlfriend nodded. We clinked glasses and sipped.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.