A Thousand Years of Peace! - Cover

A Thousand Years of Peace!

Copyright© 2016 by A Carpenter's Son

Chapter 18: Going to see Russia!

Three weeks had passed since Tony and Willa’s wedding. They’d been joined in marriage along with Brad and Gloria. John and Jenny had given the two couples two days in Hawaii and then called up Harry Jones and for a gold coin extended the stay for two weeks for both couples. The kids came back very tan. They had lots of great things to share. It gave the parents time to gather the basics for two apartments.

On the working front, there had been votes taken in those states that used to be the USA east of the Mississippi River. Johnny, Bill, and their wives and new friends had been busy along the eastern seaboard and Leslie Madison (Treece) had pulled the states just west of the Mississippi River together. Louisiana was no longer a state as it was 100% submerged. Texas was the only state that had any negative votes on the subject. Six out of fifty constituents voting no was expected of Texas. John also met with a group from Mexico. Mexico City was gone. Earthquakes and fires pretty much destroyed all of it. The Mexicans did not have anyone they trusted to lead their nation. People were starving to death. The good people involved with leadership were running up against the drug lords.

General Williams suggested President John Taylor go meet with President Pusin of Russia. They’d also been hit with many earthquakes but Moscow was one of the few capitals of the world still intact. Brazil, India, China, South Africa were also in okay shape as far as landmass, but infrastructure, such as roads, bridges, rail, and airports were a mess.

It was about 6 pm in Moscow. John and Jenny were holding onto Willy and materialized in the President’s office along with Tony and Willa. President Pusin was holding his head in both hands with his elbows on his desk. He looked up as he simultaneously pushed a button on his desk. A door opened, and a man came in and immediately fired a gun at Tony. The bullet hit Tony’s shield and returned to the center of the man’s chest. Jenny and Willa got to the man seconds after he hit the floor and began healing him.

“President Pusin, is there any water available?” Tony asked.

“In the small refrigerator over there.” President Pusin pointed to his right where a coffee machine was, “Below the coffee machine.”

John picked up the gun. It looked like something James Bond would carry. He ejected the clip and then the round in the chamber. He put it back into the clip and clicked the safety on, “Willy, can you take this over to the nice man?” He pointed to President Pusin.

“Ok, daddy!” Willy said as he held the gun by its barrel in his right hand and the clip in his left hand. He ran over to President Pusin and raised his hands when he came near.

“Thank you.” As President Pusin took the gun and ammo clip, his eyes locked on John Taylor’s. He thought, ‘this man has brought his family.’ He is not afraid of harm. His actions speak louder than his words. He and his family can stop bullets. I have heard rumors and read stories from their newspapers that this president of the New US can do some of this.

“Welcome,” Willy said and ran back to his dad to be picked up.

John walked over to President Pusin, “Sorry for the alarm Mr. President.” President Pusin stood, and the two men shook hands. “I’m President Taylor of the New United States.”

“How much have you put back together?” President Pusin asked.

“We have petitions from many of the remaining 49 states. Eastern Canada and Mexico have also petitioned to join us.” John Taylor answered.

President Pusin then shook hands with Willy, “I’m President Pusin. Who are you?”

“Willy.”

“Taylor?” President Pusin asked.

Willy nodded his head. “You are quite the little man.” President Pusin tickled Willy.

“Thanks.” Willy giggled.

With help from Tony and Jenny, the security guard got to his feet. He made his way over to the desk of his President. He took a deep breath and stood at attention.

“At ease.” Pusin handed the young man his pistol and clip. The young man put the clip in his pistol and placed the pistol in his shoulder holster.

“Sorry, sir.”

“No, you did what I wanted you to do. It is I who saw danger where there is none. President Taylor, do you have anything to say to this young man?”

“Yes, he needs to rest and drink plenty of water for the next day,” John suggested.

“Can he sit at his desk?” President Pusin asked.

“He may feel sleepy and even experience some dizziness.” John advised

“If you need to, call Henzt.” President Pusin directed, “Thank you, Demetri. I’m glad you’re okay.”

The young man bowed and left.

“President Pusin, I would like to introduce Jenny, my wife,” John announced.

“The New United States must be honored to have you as their First Lady!” President Pusin kissed Jenny’s hand. Jenny was dressed simply in blue jeans and a plaid shirt.

“Thank you, Mr. President, for your kind words.” Jenny bowed, “I am truly honored to be here and to meet you.”

“Willy Taylor?” President Pusin asked. Pusin held his hand up flat to Willy.

“Me. Thank. Goodman!” Willy smacked Pusin’s hand.

“This is also my son, Tony and his wife. We are most proud of their achievements and have given them their rights as adults.” John was smiling.

“You can stop a bullet?” Pusin asked Tony. He looked to Willa and they both nodded.

“Yes, sir. We all can. Well, maybe not squirt,” Tony replied looking at Willy.

Willy looked challenged, “Me!” he said while nodding.

President Pusin turned to John Taylor, “Why are you here?”

“We are servants of God, and we are responding to your request for help.” John shared.

“My country is bankrupt. How can you possibly help?” President Pusin shook his head, “I expect to be killed in the panic about to erupt. We have an abundance of food this year and yet all my highways and railroads and even my airports are disabled. I can’t get the food to most of the people.”

“We would like to take you to see God,” John shared.

“I don’t believe in God,” President Pusin stated.

“Then why were you praying?” John asked.

“Many of my people do. I felt, if he was out there, he might be willing to save those who believe.” President Pusin shared in defeat.

“If we prove to you there is a God and he has sent us, will you let us help you and your great nation?” John asked.

“You want me to believe in a religion?” President Pusin asked.

“No. All religions have been based on wise men who might not have had all the facts.” John smiled, “This will be your understanding with God.”

President Pusin walked about his office. He saw Demetri’s blood on the floor. Bending down, he soaked up some of it with a napkin. He stood, went to the door, and called Demetri in from his post at the desk just outside. As Demetri came through the door, President Pusin closed it. “Come!” President Pusin directed the young man so that both were standing in front of the Taylors, “We would like to meet God, please come with us.”

In a flash, they were there.

The six adults went over to the Christ Ports and today there were six seats. Gaia worked with President Pusin and Matt worked with Demetri. Bert and Willy sat on the floor and leaned against God. After an hour everyone was back in President Pusin’s office. The first thing President Pusin’s mind did was to deny what he had just experienced. He looked at Demetri and saw a little kiss on his left cheek. Willa was holding up a little mirror for the president to look at his face.

“How did that get there?” President Pusin asked as he looked in the mirror at the little bitty kiss on his cheek.

“My future daughter, Gaia kissed you. Remember sir?” Jenny asked.

“That ... couldn’t have been real,” President Pusin stated. He was struggling within his own mind. He looked at the smiling faces of the Taylor family.

“Okay. You are my guests. Please come with me to my home.” President Pusin offered.

They traveled to President Pusin’s home by a van driven by one of the security personnel. On the way, President Pusin made a call. The group was introduced to the president’s lady friend. She had a name nobody seemed able to pronounce. She laughed and suggested everyone call her Maya and she introduced her two and a half year old boy.

“These people are healers. I saw them bring a dead man back to life. I permit them to heal our son. Do you agree?” President Pusin asked his partner.

Maya started crying, “Our son was learning to walk, and he lost his balance and fell, hitting his head against the wall.” Maya looked at Jenny and Willa, “Okay.” She whispered. Skut had a dazed look on his face. He did not change his expression for new things. He was alive, but he was not there in his body.

“Let’s go and sit down,” Jenny suggested. They moved into the apartment and had Maya sit in the center of the couch holding her son. Tears were still rolling down her cheeks.

“What is his name?” Willa asked.

“We call him Skut.” Maya shared.

“How long ago was he hurt?” Jenny asked.

“Four or five months,” Maya shared. She was starting to settle down again.

“Doctors?” John asked.

“Dozens of them.” Maya shared.

Jenny was sitting on Maya’s right and Willa was on her left. John was in front of Maya on his knees on the floor. John led the Lord’s Prayer. When he finished, “See yourself in the Christ Ports. Let God work through you.” Willy had climbed up onto the couch and was leaning over Jenny as she worked near Skut’s head.

Tony was standing with President Pusin. He looked around and saw a comfortable chair, picked it up and moved it so President Pusin could sit close and watch what was happening. He saw a mate to the chair and moved it, so he was sitting next to the Russian President.

“Can they do anything for my son?” President Pusin asked quietly.

“Before my father and mother adopted me, the first time I saw them, they were healing a 9-year-old boy who’d been hit by a truck. He was broken in many places. There was no doubt he was dead. Dad laid the boy out and straightened his body and arms, and legs. The boy is fine and a short time ago caught a salmon that weighed as much as he does.” Tony shared, “He is the mayor’s son of our town of Omak. He is the future chief of the native people.”

“I saw that article. There was another boy who caught a big fish. It weighed 50 kilograms. I’ve caught such fish on the east coast of my country.” Pusin looked at Tony, “You were that boy?”

“Yes!” Tony smiled, “It took everything I had to bring that fish in.”

There was a pop and then the sound of several vertebrae snapping into position. Skut cried out, “Ahhhhh!”

Skut started to make more noise and waved his arms and kicked his legs. Then he settled down and slowly opened his eyes. He looked up to his mother and said “Mama!” in Russian.

“Could he talk before the accident?” Tony asked.

Pusin was still watching his son, but he shook his head no.

“So, his learning didn’t stop,” Tony observed as they watched.

Skut sat up and looked at Willa. Willa nodded her head and smiled, “Hi!”

He stood in his mom’s lap and gave her a big hug. His head was turned away from Jenny, and Willy. He turned and looked at Jenny. Then he saw Willy and got excited and spoke in Russian.

Willy responded, “Hi.” Willy pointed to himself, “Me, Willy.”

“S ... Sut ... Shut ... Skut!” The little boy thought through the solution, “Me, Skut.”

With tears of joy on her face, Maya looked up and met the eyes of President Pusin. He was happy. His hand was hiding his mouth, not wanting his son to see him laughing at him.

Maya whispered in Skut’s ear, “Daddy’s here!”

Skut looked around and when he saw his daddy he climbed down and tried to stand on his feet. Willy held out his hand and with Willy’s help, ran to his dad in excitement. President Pusin caught his son up in a hug.

“He becomes President of Russia when he grows up.” Tony shared.

John moved over to sit in front of Jenny on the floor.

President Pusin jerked and looked at Tony, then looked to John, “You came here to heal my son!”

John laughed, “We have a list.” John looked at Tony.

Skut was still jumping in his dad’s arms and laughing. He turned and sat down on his dad’s lap to watch what was about to happen.

“We understand your nation’s gold has vanished,” Tony confirmed.

“Yes, the old United States was not alone in having evil within its leadership.” President Pusin shook his head but smiled when Willy went and sat down in John’s lap.

Tony handed President Pusin a map with a star on it. The longitude and latitude were visible with a line pointing to the star. The star was on the new land in the north of Russia. The new land popped up with the Earth Changes.

“What will I find here?” President Pusin asked.

“Enough wealth. Enough gold. We believe there are tens of thousands of metric tons at that location. Enough to get your country and all of Europe and many countries here in Asia moving again.” Tony shared.

“How do we learn what you know?” President Pusin asked, “Will I see my son become president?” Pusin looked at Skut.

“You will see both of your son’s become president.” John shared then turned to Tony.

“My wife and I will stay here and train you and 400 of your men to become teachers if you would like.” Tony offered.

President Pusin looked to John, “Why is such a task assigned to such young people?”

“Because they can do it, where perhaps no one else can.” John gave President Pusin a big smile. He then looked to Skut, “We all have talents and gifts just a little bit different than anybody else’s.”

President Pusin thought on this for a minute or two, “What is the step after that?” President Pusin asked.

“Have the four hundred train a division then take on the cities.” Tony smiled, “Make a list, take them to see God and offer classes to your citizens and train all of your militaries.”

John was watching his adopted son work with President Pusin. Tony and Willa had taken the G.E.D. testing and they both passed with flying colors. They were now working on a two-year degree in the Omak Junior College towards what they wanted to do when they finish growing up. Tony’s was to work with the leaders of the world to get their people back to work and keep them working.

John had been assigned as one of his coaches. If the Universities in British Columbia and Washington State University could be saved, they would provide options for the many students in the area for higher-level degrees.

An older woman came out of the kitchen and whispered to President Pusin.

“I have been informed that our wonderful cook, Mia, has dinner ready for us.” President Pusin announced.

Maya whispered to Mia. She looked at Skut and shouted for joy. She touched the boy on the cheek.

“Me ... Mia...” Skut said.

“Yes Skut, me is Mia.” The cook said crying happy tears.

“President Taylor, would it be okay to include our cook Mia with the meal? She has become a part of our family.” President Pusin asked.

“Certainly. Something smells very good.” John smiled.

So, they were seated. John Taylor was seated on the west end and Vid Pusin on the east end. Jenny and Maya were next to their mates with the two boys in high chairs between them. Tony and Willa were across from the boys. Mia sat between Willa and Vid. Dinner was salmon, rice, and vegetables. Mia explained that in the center of the table was a covered heated tray with additional servings of everything. She also explained that she had prepared an apple pie for dessert.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.