A Thousand Years of Peace! - Cover

A Thousand Years of Peace!

Copyright© 2016 by A Carpenter's Son

Chapter 5: Earth Changes!

Prediction and Concern turns to Reality:

It was a comfortable sunny fall day near the beginning of September 2018 around 10:00 AM when the entire west coast of the United States dropped two feet. It was estimated that nearly ten million electrical transformers were no longer attached to power poles. Power west of the Cascades in Washington and Oregon and the Sierra Mountain Range in California was almost non-existent. The phone service was spotty at best. The one thing it did trigger was the school evacuation with the familiar name of “Grab the Kids and Run.” It was estimated that four to five million children were moved east towards the mountains. From all accounts, this also happened on the east coast and all over the world. By 4:00 PM the area west of the San Andreas fault was continuously moving, sliding into the Pacific Ocean. By 8:00 PM Los Angeles area and San Francisco were gone. The sinking land killed millions who believed they could just get in their boats and be safe or wait until tomorrow to get ready. The whirlpools caused by the sinking land pulled everything under. Even some of the smaller Navy ships were lost. The scientists called it the “normalcy factor.”

The highway patrols in each of the western states did not allow westbound traffic on all highways heading east. That plan saved millions. New York disappeared in the blink of an eye. The Earth Changes raised the oceans almost ten feet worldwide.

The meeting point for John Taylor and those that followed him was the north end of Lake Washington. The trigger was when the electricity went off to turn on one of the walkie-talkies that John had purchased. John announced, “going fishing!” many times over the next four hours. That was the code to saddle up and get out of town. As they left, they drove over, power lines by the hundreds.

Water and gas lines were leaking, and people were just ignoring it and driving around them. There were fires, cracks in the roads and many thousands of buildings damaged from the earthquakes and land movements. John, Jenny, Peter, and Patty were riding in the RV, pulling the XB on a trailer and it took them three hours to make the eight miles from their apartment to Lake Washington. When they got there, it almost seemed that everyone had left. They got out and looked around. They found a dozen others and then almost every minute several drove up. By the time the four-hour time limit had expired, there were thousands.

They packed up and headed east. Every mile was an adventure, and it seemed it would take an eternity to get to safety. John continued to lead the caravan of thousands north. They made one stop, picking up some friends to add to the caravan. Then, they headed east – the main interstates were clogged. John laughed when a convoy of police vehicles from a variety of departments passed him using the west-bound lane.

About halfway up the mountain, the right lane became clogged. A patrolman was there and waved John over to the westbound lane and the vehicles in John’s convoy followed him up to the crest of the Cascade Mountains. They pulled off the road near the top into the parking for the ski resorts. John and Jenny wanted to know how their friends and family were doing. After meeting and assuring all had made it, John was looking west and could make out water in the far distance coming towards them. It would take a little time, but it seemed that much of what they could see would be hundreds of feet underwater.

“Please God, let Johnny make it to safety,” John said a prayer for his son. A month before John had tried to contact his son. He’d left three messages and gotten no answer. He said a prayer every day.

Jenny tried to comfort her partner, “Matthew is with them, he won’t let them die.” Jenny tried to hide her smile, she’d met Teresa in a class and had a long lunch with her and knew what was going on.

“I hope so. Please God let it be.” John took a deep breath, “We better keep going.” As they turned, there were Johnny and Teresa with big smiles on their faces.

“Sorry dad, I was a bit busy taking classes that a neighbor of mine, Bill McCormick, recommended. I have been doing what you used to do, remember those 100-hour weeks? Teresa told me she was pregnant, and it took a few days for me to come around to the idea I was going to be a dad.” Everyone laughed as Teresa hit Johnny on the arm. They hugged, and John was wiping tears and realized everyone else was too.

John hugged Teresa, “So this means I’m going to be a grandpa?”

“And I understand from your lady that you’re going to be a daddy again.” Teresa laughed.

“Did you see them, dad?” Johnny asked.

“See who?” John asked.

“Those two boys of ours. One was standing on that big rock down there. The other was across the road. They’re already watching our backs, Dad.” Johnny smiled.

“Thank God!” John nodded, “Let’s go, we have a way to go yet.” John took his son’s hand and Jenny’s and Johnny grabbed onto Teresa’s hand and the four matched up to the parking place. Johnny told Bill McCormick they were riding with his dad. Bill was happy to see the rift between father and son healed. Patty and Peter joined Bill and Nancy, letting father and son talk.

A couple of months back, Bill had been over at Johnny’s having a get together for the Fourth of July and Johnny mentioned he was going to build a deck. Bill said he didn’t have a clue how to build things. Johnny said it was in his blood, he was a fourth-generation carpenter. Bill also mentioned Earth Changes were going to happen and they were going to have to move in two or three months. Johnny asked, “Where in the hell did you hear that from?”

“From Father John Taylor.” Bill looked puzzled, “He’s an accountant who is also a carpenter...”

“That’s my dad. What kind of bullshit is he spouting now? No wait, I’m not interested in hearing it. You want another beer?” Johnny got up to see if it was time to put the steaks on the barbeque yet.

“Yes!” Bill sat there thinking, ‘how in the world do I tell a son that his dad is the Christ of the planet? I guess I need to demonstrate.’ Bill jumped up and told everyone he would be right back. He went next door and grabbed his revolver and the folder full of the newspaper clippings and copies of the commendations about the two bank robbers he and his partner killed. He found his wife back at Johnny’s home, and handed her the revolver, “Take this, tell Teresa you want to show her something and bring her out. Have her sit next to Johnny and then when I nod, point the gun and shoot at me.”

“How are we going to get away with shooting a gun? Won’t the neighbors say something?” Nancy asked.

“This is the Fourth of July. If anybody asks we’ll tell them it’s a big firecracker.” Bill laughed.

“Why are we doing this?” Nancy asked.

“Johnny. He is Father John’s son; they haven’t talked for two or three years and Johnny doesn’t believe anything his dad is involved with.” Bill whispered.

“And you feel a demonstration might crack that door?” Nancy nodded, “Okay.”

When things were set, the gun fired. Teresa screamed. As the bullet floated in front of Bill, he looked over and saw Johnny’s mouth hang open in wonder. Bill reached out for the spinning bullet and handed it to Johnny. Johnny dropped it and reached down and picked it back up, placing it on the little table.

“Where did you learn that?” Johnny asked as Teresa listened.

“From your father.” Bill handed Johnny the folder, “Take some time in the next day and read this.”

Teresa grabbed the file and started going through everything. She kept saying “Oh, Johnny. Oh, Johnny” as she skimmed everything. “You have got to talk with your dad.”

“Bill, can you teach me, I mean us?” Johnny was holding the bullet now and he looked to his wife as she nodded.

“Yes, I’m at the teacher level and I’m learning to transport. How long before the steaks?” Bill looked to Nancy, she nodded.

“If we put them on in 45 minutes then we’ll be eating by noon.” Teresa had seen the look between Bill and Nancy, “What do you guys have in mind? Not that I’m totally against new and unusual things like shooting guns at people.” Everyone laughed.

“Your father taught us how to visit a very special place. With your permission, I would like to take us there. I want to also say, that once you learn how you can go back again and again.” Bill shared.

Johnny was still holding the bullet. He set it on the table and looked to Teresa. Got a nod, “Okay, we’re ready.”

“Close your eyes, please.” It took Bill just a few seconds and then they were standing before God as they opened their eyes.

“What is this?” Johnny asked. He was standing next to Bill. Nancy had taken Teresa’s hand and guided her towards the Christ Ports.

“This is the center of our Universe. This is what we call God and have been trying to define and describe since the beginning of recorded history.” Bill looked around and waved at some familiar faces.

Bill assured Johnny, “God will always tell you the truth. Ask your questions.” Johnny touched the surface of God after watching Bill place his hand. Johnny wanted to know everything about the man he thought was a looney bird. A Vietnam vet, his dad was most likely off his rocker. After many questions, his emotions rose to the surface.

He hugged himself as his eyes filled with tears. He had the best father in the world, and he had not been able to see it. He had pulled away from his dad five years ago believing in something his mother had said and now he understood it was a lie. He chose to believe it, even though he suspected then that it was untrue. His mother’s issue was with her father.

He knew now, his dad had been faithful, and it was his mother who pushed him away. She had not felt worthy of a relationship that lasted longer than her mom’s. His dad hung on for three years hearing only “Take out the garbage, take care of the boy and do you have any money?” He also heard “it’s none of your business.”

Johnny didn’t understand until Teresa got angry at him and then she didn’t speak to him for a day. That was as close to hell as he ever wanted to be. His dad lived in that hell with no love, no emotions, no words, because he wanted to be close to his son for three years. Then it had hit Johnny like a ton of bricks, he had fallen for the valuing of being right as more important than getting what he wanted. A human mistake that we all face on occasion.

Teresa touched Johnny, “Are you okay?”

Johnny reached out and hugged Teresa so tight, she was having trouble breathing and then she realized her husband needed her at that moment, and she melted into the hug. Her shoulder became wet from Johnny’s tears. His body was releasing gut-wrenching sobs. Teresa realized she was going to get a new version of this man she loved. He would likely be more loving, more playful, and happier. She smiled as she thought, ‘wait until he sees his boy.’

Bill and Nancy were talking to Matt, Bert, and Gaia when a little girl came up to them. Gaia introduced Maria to the McCormick family.

“Go ahead Maria, ask them. Bill and Nancy are nice people.” Gaia pushed a bit, “When Maria is born and grows up, she is going to help me bring in the peace. She’s looking for a mommy and daddy.”

Bill and Nancy did one of those silent decision things that married couples have been doing since Adam and Eve. Nancy smiled as she held out her hands, “Come here, honey. I’ll be your mommy.” Nancy laughed as the little girl flew into her outstretched arms. They were getting to know each other as Johnny and Teresa came up walking hand in hand.

“One of those boys is going to be your son. The other is your brother. The bigger girl is going to be your sister.” Teresa whispered.

“Who is our son?” Johnny asked.

“Give you a kiss if you find out!” Teresa laughed as she watched her husband take three quick steps and then slide on his knees with his hands out. The four children all moved to Johnny before he had stopped. They tackled him and ended up in a dog pile. All were laughing and screaming as he tickled them.

“Who’s my son?” Johnny asked.

One of the boys hugging him moved up, so he could see his dad, “Me daddy. I’m Matthew John Taylor.” Matt gave his dad a big smile. Johnny kissed him.

“Nice to meet you, Matthew John Taylor.” Johnny shared a tear of pride in his eye. “I have a brother and a sister?” Johnny asked.

“Yes, big brother.” Both Robert and Gaia answered, then giggled.

“Nice to meet you, brother and sister.” Johnny kissed both. Johnny then turned to the fourth child.

“Who are you?” Johnny asked.

“I’m M&M. Maria McCormick. I’m going to be your secretary when you are the boss. The little girl answered, “I’m going to teach all of you how to be the boss.”

“What am I going to be the boss of?” Johnny asked.

“The world!” The little girl kissed Johnny on the cheek. “Let me get up kids,” Johnny rose to his feet.

“Are you wondering how you become the boss?” Gaia asked.

“Yes, little sister. I’ve never been the boss of anything.” Johnny frowned, “Well, when Teresa says I am.”

Gaia led Johnny over to the Christ Ports. There were four seats today. When the adults were all seated the kids joined them. Gaia was in Johnny’s lap talking with him as he worked through the questions. “We have a bit of work to do,” Johnny said aloud.

“Yes, big brother.” Gaia kissed Johnny again, “We do!”

On the Road Again:

“You feel comfortable driving this rig?” John asked his son as they neared one of the 400 Class A monsters John had purchased. Peter was standing on top of an identical unit.

“Yeah, Dad. Bill and I have been learning how to drive them for the last couple of weekends.” Johnny shared.

“Peter let’s head out. We’ve got many miles to go.” John watched as Peter turned his megaphone on.

“Aye, Aye, Father John!” Peter said over the megaphone, “SADDLE UP EVERYBODY. WE’RE HEADING OUT.”

As they climbed aboard, John grabbed his radio which was one of two thousand in the convoy. He turned it on and flipped the talk button. Jenny was sitting next to Teresa. “Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, we made it! The water is behind us, our next stop is Omak. We’ve got about 120 miles as the crow flies. It will take us three to four hours to get there.

When we get to Omak, I understand there is a shopping center there that has gone out of business. We’ve bought it. That may be our temporary destination. We have Captain Frank and his team there finding us a parking place. If we find a place about halfway, we will stop and take a few minutes to change drivers and have a pit stop. Be sure to drink water. We are moving into more of a desert region than we are accustomed to.” John switched channels, “Peter, did we ever get a final count? Over.”

“Yup. Just over ten thousand. The chief is still bringing up the rear. He has relayed to me that we’ve had about 40 vehicles pull in behind him. That could add a hundred people or more to our numbers easily. Over!” Peter shared.

“Thank you, Peter, over and out!” John looked at his phone, “That young man had to walk away from millions of dollars of real estate and was on a sure path through the UW. He sounds like he is holding up fine.”

“I understand you performed a marriage for Peter and Patty!” Johnny added, “In front of God!”

John nodded, “I’ve promised a young lady that if we ever get three days off, I will marry her in a heartbeat.” John looked over at his son, “Will you be my best man?”

“Dad, are you sure? There are thousands of men and women behind us that are willing to take a bullet for you. When I walk among them, I feel like a prince. I get people bowing to me and handshakes and glad to meet you-s by the hundreds.” Johnny was expertly handling the big rig.

“I would be proud and honored to have you stand as my best man!” John was able to relay this from his heart.

“Thank you, dad. I feel like maybe I’m forgiven?” Johnny kept his eyes on the road.

“For the last five years, yes, you are forgiven. For the last three or four weeks, hell no!” John laughed, “I get to be a parent again. I need to practice on you.”

“My God, Dad. I don’t know if the world is ready for two more Taylors.”

“These two are not going to be like children, they are going to be warriors watching my back. And when they are young men, they are going to be watching your back.” John shared.

“I don’t know anything about economics. You are going to have to teach me, dad.” Johnny was worried.

“Son, it is simple. We put people back to work. The realtor said the county is broke and there are millions of dollars’ worth of sidewalks, road improvements, bicycle lanes and other improvements that were all started before the last downturn in the economy and had to be stopped when the state stopped paying on improvement grants for communities.

As people felt the effects of the monetary system failing, the Earth reflected that same thing and the result is the Earth changes.” John paused for a minute as Johnny handled a sharp turn, “We have to teach everyone that our moods, attitudes, and emotions affect everything around us, including the Earth. That is what is keeping Gaia away for 33 years.”

His cell phone rang, “John here!”

“Where’s here? This is the Cap in Omak.” John said so Johnny would understand who was on the line.

“Johnny, how many miles?” John asked.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.