Learning Assistance - Cover

Learning Assistance

Copyright© 2016 by radio_guy

Chapter 5

It was a fun day and we enjoyed our time with our parents. I think the four of them genuinely enjoyed spending time together ... We didn’t go out Friday night though it was tempting to go to the club for dinner and dancing. We would leave in the morning for our apartment to give us some time before Sunday when it was our turn to teach. It would give us some “alone time” to enjoy each other without inhibitions, too.

Saturday night was lovely and we woke up rested and energized. In Sunday school, almost all our regulars were there plus a few others. Karen was wearing slacks this morning with a sweater. We had a cold front passing through the area making it cool for November. We met the guests from out of town including a nice young man who looked to be very interested in Robin. She seemed to like him and they blushed frequently. Robby played a role in that. We talked with Robin and Julian along with Robby at the end of class and learned that he was here at the request of both twins. He was Robby’s friend and it was obvious that he and Robin liked each other.

Robin told Karen that Jim was back for a long weekend but that she kept Robby with her unless Julian was there. Julian had invited her for Thanksgiving dinner and she had escaped Jim easily then. Jim was due to leave this afternoon. The twins admitted that their father was not happy that Jim had no plans to attend church today. Robin said that he still scared her but she kept covered and always had her brother or Julian in the house when he was around. She kept her distance from him. She admitted that she locked her bedroom door at night while he visited.

We commiserated but, unless Jim made another overt move, there was little that could be done.

We were talked with their parents who seemed to like Julian. We all sat close with Julian sitting between Robby and Robin. Pastor Jim had his usual uplifting message. When it was over, the twins’ father spoke with us again. We were holding hands.

He said, “My kids really like and respect you two and your friends who teach with you. They didn’t speak of your beauty, Missus Gillis. Instead, they speak of your heart and kind voice.”

“Please, call me Karen. Thank you. Brad and I enjoy the group after they got over the initial shock. We’re college students and married in a double wedding last June here. Brad is the real teacher. I am still learning the Bible.”

I said, “Robin and Robby are great people. They have good hearts and active minds. They actively participate in the studies and we talk about applying the Biblical lessons in our lives.”

Robin, Robby, Julian, and their mother had joined us. Robby said, “Dad, they pray with us. Missus Melissa says that they pray holding hands before every meal.”

Karen smiled, “Brad has a good hand. I like it.”

The father said, “We are proud of Robin and Robby.”

I said, “You should be. They are great people.” Robin and Robby blushed a little. I wanted to ask about the other child of his but hadn’t figured out a way to introduce the question.

Then, he said, “I have an older son by my first marriage. If he knew how beautiful the Sunday school teacher is, perhaps he would come to church.”

Karen looked at him and said, “Melissa and I know our looks as well as our husbands’ looks get some visitors but they learn quickly that we’re only for our spouses. Lust isn’t a good motivator.”

Bob blushed. “He’s too old for that class and he looks at Robin and Anna at the edge of what is permissible.”

Karen said, “That will get him in serious trouble sooner or later. We had a horrible experience at college last year when a guy came after me. Brad stopped him and then the guy was arrested. He is currently in jail. Every male has to learn that females have minds and are people. Rape is dehumanizing. Younger teens are particularly challenged at times.”

Anna said, “I don’t let Jim catch me alone and I’ve noticed that Robin does the same and even dresses differently when he visits.” I could tell that Bob was concerned to hear all that, particularly from his wife when it was obvious their daughter agreed.

We said our goodbyes and parted. We went to the apartment, changed, and prepared a light lunch. After praying, we talked. Karen said, “That didn’t work out quite the way it might have but I think Bob had an awakening about his son. Hopefully, he will be more aware. I think Robby will be thinking about his mother as well as his sister. I hope that’s sufficient.”

“I do, too.” I said. “I wonder about where Jim lives and the conditions there. In some ways, we live a sheltered existence.”

It was a quiet week and we went to my parents’ house while Melissa and Paul stayed in town and taught the class. Suzie-Q and Matt rode with us Karen and I enjoyed the ride though both Suzie-Q and Matt were even quieter than usual.

We arrived to find Karen’s parents also visiting and Matt’s parents over for supper. While enjoyable, I knew that our mothers enjoyed kidding us about any and everything. I shrugged. Karen looked at me and said, “It could be an interesting weekend.” Her eyes twinkled as we walked inside holding hands.

Our mothers greeted us saying, “Ah! Our favorite newly weds are here with their attendants!”

Karen said, “Hi, Moms. What other newly wedded children do you have?”

My mom said, “I think you are the only ones unless Suzie and Matt have eloped.”

Suzie-Q said, “That won’t happen.” Matt just kept his mouth shut.

Everyone was hugged all around. Mom said, “It’s too cool for the pool.”

Karen said, “Why? Have you and our dads picked up some new suits to wear?”

Her father grinned. My father said, “Not yet and, hopefully, not ever.”

Karen said, “Perhaps, we need to purchase sets for our parents.”

I said, “That’s a good idea, Love.” We grinned. Our fathers weren’t thrilled.

Mom said, “I’ve made chili for tonight. I have Bean-O for the guys.”

Matt bit. “Why not for Q and the rest of you?”

Suzie-Q grinned. “It’s because girls don’t fart.” Our mothers laughed much more than the joke deserved.

It was ready though I’m not sure how you can really tell chili is ready other than by tasting it. Mom’s chili was good and she had apparently figured out how to make the determination. We gathered around the table, prayed and ate.

We had a great time with great food. There was plenty and we had as much as we could handle. Finally, everyone was full and sitting back. We talked about our classes and Suzie-Q and Matt talked about their classes but not about their relationship. I noticed that neither Matt nor his parents mentioned his sister, their daughter. It was late when Matt left with his parents. Shortly thereafter, we all went to our beds. Karen and I made love gently and were resting in each other’s arms. There was a quiet knock on our door. Karen said, “Come in.”

“I hope I’m not interrupting anything but I want to talk with you two, please.” It was Suzie-Q and she was wearing her standard sleeping gear.

Karen smiled, “Get in.” She pointed at my other side. As Suzie-Q snuggled into my side, Karen asked, “What’s going on?”

She was looking at me almost fearfully. She said, “Uh, Matt has been talking about getting married. I’ve looked around in high school and at college. I don’t know that I’ll find someone better.” She quit talking.

Karen asked, “Suzie-Q, do you love him?”

“I don’t know.”

Karen said gently, “That’s important.”

She took a breath. “I know. That’s troubling me. I enjoy having him around. I like kissing him. I don’t feel near the powerful love you feel for Bradley. I’ve watched other couples. It’s just not that kind of strong, deep caring that I see with others.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.