Learning Assistance - Cover

Learning Assistance

Copyright© 2016 by radio_guy

Chapter 4

We cuddled. I had found copies of the teachers’ book for us and we began to look through it. Karen said, “Brad, how am I going to teach this class. I’ve never done anything like that. I don’t even know how to start. I still don’t know the Bible that well.”

“Love, you’ll do fine. I’ll be there. Let’s look at the first lesson. That’s where to start.” It was the beginning of September and the book was starting on a four-part lesson on Philippians. “Let me check my tablet. Dad did a lesson on Philippians that I always liked. It may mesh with the study book or give us plenty to flesh it out if we need it.” I found the lesson that Dad had given. He had given me a copy after he gave it to our high school class.

We studied both over the week and enjoyed preparing it together. The next Sunday, we went into the class. There were a few gasps because my lovely wife was wearing her green dress! The guys in the class were giving her their absolute attention. I counted heads and noticed that our class had more than doubled!

Karen did, too. She said, “I seem to have gotten your attention. Next Sunday, I am going to wear a nun’s habit and be totally covered.” She grinned.

Robby said, “Missus Karen, we would still be here just to hear you speak. Mister Brad is right. It’s the beauty of your voice and heart that are really attractive.” He chuckled. “Of course, your body isn’t bad either!”

The class loved it. One of the girls said, “I’m not looking at Karen. I’m looking at Brad. He’s dreamy.”

Karen grinned. “I think so, too. And I get to sleep with him.” She held up her hand with her wedding rings on it. Everyone loved that.

She launched into the lesson. “The study book is beginning a four week study of Philippians. Brad’s father had led one a few years ago. This lesson is taken from both sources which are similar yet different.” She went through the lesson. When she finished, she asked for questions.

One of the girls said, “When is Brad going to lead? His voice is so-o good.”

Karen grinned. “He’s going to lead next week. I like to listen to him talk, too. We study together a lot of the time.” She grinned even wider. “Sometimes, I forget what he’s saying while I listen to the sound of his voice.”

That got a laugh. Karen smiled at me. “Brad, Lover, please pray for our dismissal.”

I said, “Let’s pray. Join hands.” There was a quick rush as girls moved toward me and the guys moved toward Karen. I prayed for God to watch over each one of us until we met again, that Pastor Jim’s sermon would challenge us to be better people, and that we would show God’s love in our dealings with others. Everyone echoed the “amen.” We started to file out.

Robin came up to Karen and gave her a hug which Karen returned. She then marched over and gave me a hug and kissed my cheek. That drew a couple of “Wows!” from some of the others. We left the classroom and joined Melissa and Paul in the sanctuary.

Melissa looked at Karen and asked, “How was your class?”

“It was good though they don’t lack for hormones. I threatened to wear a nun’s habit next week and one boy said that I would still be attractive. A couple of the girls look pretty hard at Brad. He’s teaching next Sunday.”

We all laughed quietly. Pastor Jim’s sermon was good and we left feeling energized. Classes would start in the morning but our schedules didn’t mesh well.

We managed to meet for lunch and compared notes. Our classes were good so far but we would not have a class together and each would have some downtime while the other would be in class. The only long time during the day when we would be able to be together would be Wednesday afternoon. Karen said, “We will be somewhere together then.”

I said, “We will have evenings and weekends also.”

“Brad, how do you feel about our Sunday school class?”

“They are hormonal, Love. Hopefully, that will tone down in a few weeks.”

“I’m going to wear a bit more to help tone them down a little. I’m not competing for those guys with the girls there. I’ve got mine.” She grinned.

I said, “We should talk to Rudolph today. We still seem to ignore him for periods of time. That’s not good for a relationship.”

Karen nodded. “You’re right. We’ve enjoyed talking with him. I will always appreciate him because he led me to my husband.”

After lunch, we each had labs and left for them agreeing to meet to walk to our apartment when they were completed. We walked back holding hands. Karen’s phone rang. It was Suzie-Q. She wanted to join us for supper with Matt. Karen told her to come over when they were able. We took turns cooking and it was our turn so having enough food wouldn’t be an issue. When Melissa and Paul joined us from their classes, they were happy to see Suzie-Q and Matt. We had a great supper and talked. We spread it from our finished meal into the living room with soft drinks.

Suzie-Q and Matt were taking advanced freshman classes. They had managed to avoid some of the basic courses but were working through others. At the end of the year, they could become juniors if they did well. We talked about other things aimlessly but enjoyably until they left for their dorms.

Later, I told Karen that my sister seemed to be subdued. Karen said, “No, Lover. There is something missing from her relationship with Matt. She likes him but she hasn’t the spark that was present in their relationship earlier.”

“What do we do about it, Love.”

“Nothing for now. She will have to approach us. I think she will.”

We set aside time to talk with Rudolph on Tuesday. I had bought a lottery ticket and we watched the drawing while Melissa and Paul were out but with Rudolph in active attendance. I don’t know how he saw but he could see our television and understood its operation probably better than we. We talked about it.

He said, “It will be easy to manipulate the drawing. We will pick the numbers when you decide how much money you want to win in an upcoming drawing. We will give you the numbers and you buy a ticket and then you will win.”

I said, “That sounds okay. I’ll buy a ticket once a week and we can follow the drawing just for fun until the winner. I might buy a few times after that still just for fun.”

Karen said, “How much should we win?”

“I’m not sure. If we take the lump sum, that cuts the amount plus there are taxes to be paid to figure a net amount. I think we would like to be comfortable but not more than that. We don’t need some huge amount.” Karen nodded.

Rudolph said, “Why not win a lot of money?”

I said, “Others would notice it more. A comparatively small amount makes sense and wouldn’t change our lives in some unrealistic manner.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.