Going for the Juggler - Cover

Going for the Juggler

Copyright© 2016 to Elder Road Books

2: Vanishing Act

Action/Adventure Sex Story: 2: Vanishing Act - A story in the Damsels in Distress Universe. Hero Lincoln is trapped on Earth with no portal and a hysterical fiancée. Lisa is trapped on Chaos. Wilson is trying to kill Cadence. And there is a crazy lady next door with a gun and a Corvair. In this exciting conclusion to the Hero Lincoln Trilogy, Lincoln and Cadence face a 41-story leap of faith, mythical creatures, twins, and stranded companions. Everything is up in the air until it hits the ground.

Caution: This Action/Adventure Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   Pregnancy  

Dinner was excellent. Paolo was vigilant. Even I could see that there were others watching us. I didn't think all of them were on Gino's team. We knew Wilson and his men were out there somewhere, but they were holding off until after tomorrow's test. I had a feeling that some of the soldiers of the third party were out there, too. The ones who didn't want either Wilson or Cadence. We'd never met them.

A young guy, about my age, I guessed, approached our table at the restaurant. Paolo was immediately between him and us. The kid raised both hands and allowed Paolo to search him. Then Paolo stood back and let him approach.

"Ms. Pesciano," he said, offering his hand. Cadence shook his hand and he lifted it to his lips. "A pleasure. I am Ari Ribaldi. Yes, my father was very fond of opera and I benefited. I am happy to meet the granddaughter of our Boss."

"I take it you are one of the capi?" Cadence asked. "Of what business, Mr. Ribaldi?"

"Oh no! Mr. Ribaldi is my grandfather. My father goes by just Ribaldi. I am simply Ari. My grandfather is the Capo of Weston Electronics, the area's finest source of computer motherboards and memory."

"Then please give my greetings to your grandfather as well. I hope we will be able to work well together," Cadence said.

"Yes. That is a problem. My grandfather is very old school. He loved Big Al and would lay down his life for the man, but he is torn about having a woman take the lead in the company."

"So he is among my opposition."

"Yes and no. He believes he has a solution that would work to your benefit, and now that I have met you, I believe to my benefit as well. Please hear me out. He proposes a marriage."

"I think I'm a little young for your grandfather," Cadence scoffed.

"Certainly. Not to him. To me. It would bind our families together and, while you would remain the owner of all your grandfather's assets, it would establish an Italian male at the head of our family. We have had no opportunity to get to know each other, Ms. Pesciano, and I know this comes to you abruptly, so please do not respond immediately. I assure you I am a man of good character who has been groomed to take over the business from my grandfather when he is ready to retire. He is only sixty-two now and is instructing me in every aspect of the business. I hope, however, that if we are able to reach an agreement, it will be because you and I have found something more in each other than a business arrangement. You are likely to receive other proposals, all well-meaning. But I assure you, of all you receive, mine will be the most heartfelt. You are a strong and beautiful woman, Ms. Pesciano. I would be a good man to have at your side."

"Ari, please extend my gratitude to your grandfather for sending me such an ... attractive offer," Cadence said. Her smile melted her suitor and raised my hackles. "As he knows, however, Wilson and I must endure the challenge tomorrow, whatever it is. It may be that the decision will be moot at that point. Nonetheless, I hope that I will be able to count you among my friends long into the future. If you would excuse me now, though, I am dining with my fiancé and would like to finish my meal." She slipped that in like a dagger between the ribs. He caught his breath and stood.

"Of course. My apologies for interrupting. I wish you much success tomorrow," he said. He turned and left the restaurant.

"That might not have been the smartest thing to say," I said. "I think he was quite sincere."

"I don't doubt it," she said. "Would you mind if I married him? I could still have you as my bit on the side."

"You're an evil woman, Cadence. Just remember, we need to be as careful here as we will be on Chaos."

"Yes. But first and foremost we need to get a portal built and get to Chaos. All that I care about otherwise is surviving. I have all I need with you, love. I don't need to own or control all my grandfather's assets."

"I wonder if there is enough money on that debit card Gino gave you to buy some precious metals," I whispered.


Tuesday morning Paolo escorted us to the office of Pesciano Holdings. It was at the top of La Cittadella in the middle of town. Paolo and two of his men rode the elevator with us. When it stopped at the top floor, we stepped into an Italian Renaissance wonderland. The paintings were magnificent. The carpet deadened footfalls. There was a receptionist and a hall with several doors. When we approached she simply pointed down the hall. We passed the open doors, each with a different face looking curiously at us. At the end, Paolo knocked at the only closed door.

"Avanti," came the voice from inside. Paolo pushed the door open. Gino was sitting behind a huge desk in a spacious room. It had a large oak dining table for a conference table with ornate chairs and velvet upholstery. Tapestries hung on the wall on either side of the door. That was the only wall that wasn't windows overlooking the city.

"Grandfather seems to have had a grandiose opinion of himself," Cadence muttered. Paolo gasped. Gino started laughing. "Sorry, I didn't mean to be disrespectful. I never actually met him," Cadence said. Gino barked out another laugh.

"It's not that," he said. "This is my office. Al's is on the other side of the reception desk."

"Oh, god! I'm sorry," Cadence said.

"It's okay. I deserved it," Gino said, still chuckling. "Al encouraged us to maintain a certain amount of opulence. He felt it kept the capi respectful. And he was right. I thought it would be better for you to wait here than to wait in his office. It would be best if you enter last." His phone rang and he had a short conversation. "Wilson's lieutenant is here. Lincoln, we should go. Paolo will stay with you, Cadence. We'll take Tomas and Bernardo. Are you ready?" I nodded and followed him out using my canes to hobble along. At the moment, I didn't want anyone suspecting that I was more than a crippled lieutenant of the heir.

The five of us went down in the elevator to the bank on the first floor. Gino was greeted by a guy in a suit that was slightly more tasteful than the common black worn by the soldiers and I assumed he must just be a normal banker. He led us to a room next to the safe and after Gino signed in, produced his key. Gino handed him the match and the banker opened the depository door to retrieve a flat box, a foot across, four inches high, and two feet deep. I held back a chuckle as I thought of my safe deposit box on Chaos and the fact that it held a saddle, weapons, and a bag of gold coins. Wouldn't quite fit in this bank. The banker set the box on the table between us and left. Gino opened the lid.

Inside were several books that looked like ledgers—maybe Al's personal account books. There was an envelope on top of everything with bold lettering that said, 'The Test.' Gino removed that envelope and laid it on the desk while he replaced the lid and called the banker.

"What about the rest?" the other guy asked.

"The rest is not relevant to our purpose. Whoever becomes the Boss will be placed on the signature card and can access the rest," Gino said. He turned to put the box in the slot and take his key. While his back was to us Wilson's lieutenant reached for the envelope. The crack of my cane as I hit the table across the envelope made him jerk his hand back. He scowled at me but didn't say anything. Gino didn't either when he turned to us and retrieved the envelope. He put it in his pocket and we returned to the elevator with our two bodyguards.

When we got back to the office, Gino turned to the right instead of the left. There was no hall here, just big fucking double doors. Gino used his key and opened the doors, leaving them wide. Holy shit! Alfonso's 'office' occupied the entire other half of the floor. If Cadence thought Gino's office was opulent, she'd have a fit when she saw this.

The foyer was paved in white marble. It was too big to say it had a marble floor. Parking lots this size have to be paved! An elegant desk and chair sat in the middle. No one was at it, but the doors beyond stood open. The desk was just the receptionist's desk. It was interesting to note that although there was plenty of room in this waiting area, there were no chairs. Apparently, Big Al's guests were expected to stand while waiting. Wow! Talk about manipulating the little people.

Our two bodyguards that had accompanied us to the bank stopped at the doors behind the reception desk. They would prevent any guests from entering before the appointed time. Gino led us on. We entered what could only be described as an audience chamber. To our left, a desk sat facing a room that would easily accommodate thirty people. It was actually raised a step above the rest of the room. The only thing on its surface was a green shaded desk lamp. It was open around the sides and front, showing the leather chair behind it. Beyond that, heavy draperies were pulled across the windows. There was only room in the desk for a single drawer in the center.

Gino went to the desk and turned on the lamp. He laid the letter from the safe deposit box in the center of the desk as if Big Al would reach out and read it. Then he motioned us to the other part of the room. This part held a conference table that would seat at least twenty. I suppose that any meeting here would also include secretaries, errand-runners, and probably a couple of bodyguards. This was where Al would meet with his capi. I wondered if he ever sat at the table himself or if he stayed at his desk, looking down on his people. Gino motioned Wilson's lieutenant to the second chair on the right side of the table, leaving one massive leather chair vacant. He pointed me to the second leather chair on the left side. I figured it out pretty quickly. Cadence and Wilson would have the first chairs. It was ten feet across the table between us. Gino continued around the table and sat at the foot. I noticed the table tapered in slightly toward him so everyone had a clear view of the desk.

And there we sat. Gino didn't say a word and when the lieutenant started to speak he was motioned to silence. Unlike the foyer, the audience chamber was thickly carpeted. Drapes hung behind Gino as well. The walls were decorated in frescoes that showed a piazza in Italy with a colonnade of arches culminating in a church or cathedral at one end. It was beautifully done and the perspective made the room look twice its actual size. I sat in the chair and held my canes in front of me. I was not letting them out of my hands.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.