Legacy of a Legend
Chapter 64

Copyright© 2016 by StarFleet Carl

Fan Fiction Story: Chapter 64 - Follow Martina Grize', the Dragonborn, from her entry into the realm of Skyrim, as she discovers her destiny, and eventually ... well, you'll see. I classify this as fan fiction of the Bethesda game, The Elder Scrolls V, Skyrim. There is explicit sex, but not of the stroke story variety. Disclaimer - I don't own TESV, I just play there. So the land is theirs, the choices made are mine. Note: The rape code was added due to what had happened in the past, and is discussed but not shown.

Caution: This Fan Fiction Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Fa/ft   Consensual   Rape   Romantic   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Fan Fiction   High Fantasy   War   Paranormal   Vampires   Were animal   Zombies   Incest   Mother   Daughter   Group Sex   Orgy   Masturbation   Sex Toys   Nudism   Politics   Royalty   Violence  

“I can’t believe you’ve only been here a week, Your Majesty, and accomplished so much for our community, for all of Solstheim. How can we ever repay you?”

“Continue leading my subjects as you have, Councilor Morvayn. With the mines open again and the cultist threat eliminated, I think you should be able to keep the Northern Maiden very busy traveling back and forth with trade goods to Skyrim. Hopefully before too long we’ll have more ships plying this route.”

Captain Gjalund nodded his head. “That’s certain to happen. With the veins of ebony you found in the mine, as well as the additional stalhrim deposits, this island is going to need additional workers and supplies for them. The Skaal are also interested in doing some trading as well, which is a first for them.”

“That’s very good. Neloth, what do you think of my proposal?”

“I’m ... considering it. Strongly. Humility is not one of my strong suits. But since this College of Winterhold is so close, and if as you say, it’s going to become the center of magical study in the Empire for quite some time ... and you did say that you have such an interesting collection of Daedric artifacts...”

“Yes, but not the Razor. That’s been as permanently destroyed as anything can be. Of course, the minor detail that the influence of the Daedra themselves has been effectively ended here might also be of some concern to you.”

“True enough.” He sighed. “The rest of the Councilors of House Telvanni were quite pleased when I moved here, you know. We’ve never had a good relationship with House Redoran, so ... my being here will be a point of contention for Councilor Morvayn if I remain, especially as powerful as you’ve now made him.”

Morvayn chuckled. “House Hlaalu made a serious error in judgment that has cost them dearly. The minor detail that Her Majesty gifted House Redoran with all of the Severin family wealth on Solstheim puts us in an unassailable position here. Well, from anyone other than her, of course. And I’m not fool enough to want to make her mad. She proved that well enough.”

From the corner, I heard a snort. I grinned, because it wasn’t from Lydia, it was from the Captain of the Redoran Guard, Veleth. I liked the openness of these Dunmer and nodded at him. He took that as a sign to speak.

“Damned right she did. Simply walking up, doing that Dragon shout thing at the Stone and ending its control over everyone. That was spectacular. Then just dealing with the Ash Spawn so easily. Your woman said that we were just following along to carry the treasure, we’d be lucky to see combat. I thought she was joking, no one person can be that good with a sword, bow, or spell.”

Councilor Morvayn asked, “So, then there’s no issue at all with the request Her Majesty has made of us?”

Veleth snorted again. “None at all, First Councilor. I think the will of the Reavers has been broken by how many of them we killed. And since we have the proof the Altmer were trying to use our own resources for their purposes ... bastards.” He laughed. “I bet they didn’t have a clue who they were talking to, damned snobs. That ship will come in handy for our patrols around the coast now, that’s a gift in and of itself. And that stalhrim mine they were stealing from...”

“Very well. I will send word to Blacklight, then. That will amuse the army, to use the same area that Tiber Septim did when he staged his invasion of Morrowind west of the city, for our own army to use as a staging area to send troops into Skyrim.”

I said, “The difference being, those soldiers will be fighting for the Empire this time. I promise you this. If it it possible to free Mournhold and return your land to you, I will do so. This should prove interesting, because if my emissaries make it to Sentinel in time, we could have four armies heading south and working together.”

Neloth was still complaining, though. “But ... the Black Books? The knowledge that was in them? The magic they held? Are they truly now all just dust?”

“Here in Tamriel, yes. Whether Hermaeus Mora will remake them in his own realm is, of course, up to him. That’s one thing for you to discover at the College of Winterhold, whether or not the Oghama Infinium still exists or not. I suspect it is also gone now as well. That first book, the one you had, I’m certain it was quite a shock when I opened it and then vanished, only to reappear shortly afterwards and have the book crumple to dust immediately.”

He grumbled, “I was angry, that’s for certain. I wasn’t sure if I needed to be mad at you or what. You know, you never did tell me what happened while you were gone, just that you had to leave and go to the rest of the All-Maker Stones.”

“Oh, it was simple. The book transported me to Apocrypha. Miraak and some Daedra that are servants of Hermaeus Mora were in discussion. Miraak gave a command to the Daedra that I countermanded. He told me I had no power there. I proved him wrong. Mora showed up and told me I was his Champion on Tamriel and offered me all of his Black Books and the knowledge they contain.”

I sat back in my chair, thinking about that simple statement. I proved him wrong. I had appeared on a platform made of grids, suspended over a lake of some dark liquid. Pools of that liquid were also off to one side, and tentacles would rise up out of them to slap at the platform. Four Daedra, that I later learned were called Seekers, were standing on a raised section ahead of me, with Miraak between them. A dragon was sitting behind the group, ready for flight.

Miraak was speaking, “The time comes soon when ... What? Who are you to dare set foot here? And, you are Dragonborn. I can feel it. And yet...” He paused, which gave me time to ready myself. “So, you have slain Alduin ... Well done. I could have slain him myself, back when I walked amongst men, but I chose a different path. You have no idea of the true power a Dragonborn can wield! MUL QAH DIIV!”

He began glowing, taking on the aspects of a dragon. I started clapping my hands in applause. He looked at me in fury. “You mock my power?”

“No, I simply laugh at it.” In quick succession, I also shouted MUL QAH DIIV and then GOL HAH DOV. The dragon behind Miraak turned his head and began breathing fire upon the Daedra. Miraak turned in shock. “What? How can you...”

I then shouted FUS RO DAH, scattering the Seekers and rocking Miraak back on his heels. He pulled his sword. “You have some skill, Dragonborn. But I am the First Dragonborn and will not...” I shouted LIZ SLEN NUS, Ice Flesh Statue, freezing him solid.

“Will not what, Miraak? Be so easily defeated?” I pulled my bow and quickly killed the Seekers that were fighting the dragon. The dragon came walking forward towards Miraak and I. “I will not harm you, not here and now. What is your name?”

“Your Thu’um ... you have full mastery of the Thu’um. A Dovakhiin with that much power? I am Sah ro taar. I have lived here as the slave of Miraak for countless ages. Can you release me, to return to the skies of Keizaal?”

“I do not know. This is not my realm, this realm belongs to Hermaeus Mora, so it is his will that rules here. Would you follow the lead of Paarthurnax if released?”

“I have heard his teachings, even here. We are made to dominate, but ... I can only say that I will try.”

“I suggest you succeed if you are allowed to return. I can and will kill you if you fail. Speaking of failures, it looks like Miraak is about ready to be set free from my shout.” I walked over to him, drawing my sword as I did so. His head became free before his body did.

“This cannot be! I know things the Greybeards will never teach you! I am the master of my own fate! You...” I swung my sword, cutting his head from his body. As his body collapsed, a giant eye surrounded by tentacles appeared in the sky behind him.

The voice and speech of Hermaeus Mora was different from anyone, human or Daedra, I’d ever met before. His words were long and drawn out. “So, you have the knowledge that Miraak did not. He was my champion for many years. As you have defeated him, then you shall now be my champion.”

I shook my head. “No, I don’t think so. For you to need a champion, that would mean you still have influence on Nirn. Not to argue with you since I am in your realm, where your will is law, but there has been a change.”

“So I have heard. But that does not mean that I cannot ... reward ... you. All that is in my Oghama Infinium, all that is in my Black Books, can be yours. The knowledge and power of Hermaeus Mora, all for you to use as you see fit, in my name.”

“I thank you for your offer. But I have no use for them, and since we now have free will, I see no reason for any of those books to be in Tamriel anymore.”

“You are wiser than any other that I have met. Why is that?” One of his tentacles came towards me. I extended my hand and touched it. He recoiled from that brief contact. “Ah, that explains much. Very much, indeed. You may now leave. The dragons shall remain here, this is their penance for following Miraak. My books on your world now no longer exist. Farewell, daughter of Akatosh.”

I then sat forward at the reaction Neloth had to my comments. “What?” Neloth screamed. “You didn’t take them?”

“Why should I? As I told Mora, his Black Books were useless now. Why would I need what he had to offer? Mora examined me, since I was in his realm, and realized I was telling the truth. He gave me a couple of magical spells that I didn’t have already as my reward for defeating Miraak, but that was it, as he also knows he has no power here.”

“No power? A Daedric Lord?”

I explained to him the same thing I’d told the Jarls in Windhelm, then said, “Of course, there’s more, and much of it revolves about my heritage, which is why I think you’ll like talking to Urag, the librarian at the College. He knows so much about me, I’m sure he’ll tell you more when you get there.”

I stood up. “And getting there is what we need to do now. Councilors, thank you. It’s been my pleasure to assist you. Don’t forget to read that sealed note after we’ve left. I think you’ll find the contents ... interesting. Captain Gjalund, are you ready to set sail?”

“As soon as we finish getting everyone from your party that’s going to Windhelm for this trip, yes, My Queen, we are.”

I led him outside Morvayn Manor, where I saw a daughter saying goodbye to her father. “Do not worry about your place with our people while you are gone, my daughter. This Queen of Skyrim is a true friend to the Skaal. It is as the All-Maker wills.”

“I know, father. It is just ... difficult. The Skaal have not had one travel like this ever before, not even when the Greedy Man appeared and Aevar Stone-Singer retrieved the gifts of the All-Maker for the Skaal.”

“I understand, Frea. As your father, I would prefer that you not go anywhere. But the secrets of the world? All things return to the All-Maker. But with this ... free will ... I fear for both our traditions and our way of life. You will be the next shaman to the Skaal. I would have you learn what you can now, so you will better be able to guide our people after I have returned to the All-Maker.”

“I will return, father. The land and the Skaal are one.”

She hugged him goodbye, then turned to me. “I am ready to follow you now, Queen of Skyrim. Where shall you lead me?”

“First, let’s make sure everyone else is ready.” We walked through the town towards the dock, where I saw a daughter saying goodbye to her father.

“I ... uh ... I can’t make up to you what I didn’t do in the past. I was a coward then.”

“You were a thief, Glover. You stole the heart of a country girl, stole the family she hoped to have, stole my future with that family, stole ... aw, fuck. Look, you say that Delvin didn’t know?”

“No. It’s ... I had finally gotten a big score, decided to retire, decided that I was tired of being a thief and would be a simple farmer. From what I was told, I showed up at the farm about two weeks too late. The farm was burned to the ground. Everyone was dead or gone. I ... thought you were dead, too. Then when Brynjolf recruited you ... I was a coward again. I wanted to tell you then, but ... I ran. Here. Far from the truth.”

Sapphire smiled a grim smile. “I know. I saw the letter you never sent. I’m a damn good thief. Look, what I’ve seen with the Queen? I can’t forgive you for what you did, but I can guess that it wasn’t all your fault. I’m not saying that our pig farm was all that important. Doesn’t mean that some Daedra wasn’t using you and mother as a game piece in their twisted shit. Just ... promise me this.”

“Yes?”

“Get back in touch with Delvin. He’s family. The old Guild is done. So work with your brother. I’m a Mallory, and that’s a name that should mean something. Make it that way. And Glover ... father ... I’ll be back. If I live through this.” She saw me watching their talk, pointed her thumb at me. “She’s a special lady, our Queen. Makes me feel like I matter to the world. I like mattering to someone.”

Tears were running down the face of the blacksmith of Solstheim. “You matter to me, my daughter.” He took her in an awkward hug, then let her go. “Be safe.”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.