Legacy of a Legend - Cover

Legacy of a Legend

Copyright© 2016 by StarFleet Carl

Chapter 63

Fan Fiction Story: Chapter 63 - Follow Martina Grize', the Dragonborn, from her entry into the realm of Skyrim, as she discovers her destiny, and eventually ... well, you'll see. I classify this as fan fiction of the Bethesda game, The Elder Scrolls V, Skyrim. There is explicit sex, but not of the stroke story variety. Disclaimer - I don't own TESV, I just play there. So the land is theirs, the choices made are mine. Note: The rape code was added due to what had happened in the past, and is discussed but not shown.

Caution: This Fan Fiction Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Fa/ft   Consensual   Rape   Romantic   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Fan Fiction   High Fantasy   War   Paranormal   Vampires   Were animal   Zombies   Incest   Mother   Daughter   Group Sex   Orgy   Masturbation   Sex Toys   Nudism   Politics   Royalty   Violence  

“You know, I’ve lived in this town most of my life, and I’ve never been here. This is all new to me and ... what is this? Are you sure this bridge is safe?”

“Not really, no. If you mean, do I think it’ll collapse under us, no, there’s magic in play keeping it up. If you mean, am I afraid that we’ll fall off the damn thing because these idiots have never bothered to fix the rails, then no, it’s not safe.”

He chuckled at my comment. “That’s ... not what I expected to hear the Dragonborn say to any type of danger.”

I grinned back at him. “As a friend once said, I have the Thu’um of a dovah, a dragon. But I lack the wings of one. Probably a good thing. Open heights like this terrify me.”

He looked at me. “Honestly, me too. Don’t slip, now!” He teasingly pushed me just a little.

The sight of two warriors dressed in armor laughing at each other was probably not what the new Arch-Mage expected to see coming through the archway to the College. She looked at the warrior woman standing next to her with a bemused look on her face. “Is she like that all the time?”

Lydia smiled back at her. “My sweet, when you live life on the edge for so long, you either learn to appreciate the humor you can find in that life, or you go mad. And since she grew up in the Shivering Isles, I don’t think anything here compares.”

“I heard that, from both of you. No talking out of school, Lydia.” From the humor in my voice, she knew I wasn’t serious. But then my tone changed slightly. “Arch-Mage Mirabelle Ervine of the College at Winterhold, this is Jarl Korir of Winterhold. I think that over time, the two of you are going to get to know each other quite well.”

I led the way into the Hall of Elements. Gelebor and the Psijic monks were discussing something to do with the changing of people into other races. “Gentlemen, I apologize for interrupting, but ... the army is here. As I said yesterday, there will be two companies of troops going with you. So if you would kindly get that thing out of here, I think we’d all sleep better.”

I heard Lydia muttering to Mirabelle, “I thought we slept pretty good last night, didn’t we?”

I turned quickly. “So, it did work, then?”

Mirabelle blushed. Lydia laughed and said, “Yes, my Thane. Hers wasn’t as powerful as yours, and I didn’t expect it to be. She’s not Dragonborn, after all. So we had to work at it three times to get the same results as from once with you.”

“Oh, I’m sure that was a sacrifice for you, wasn’t it?” I laughed as well. “Three times, eh? I’m surprised you can still walk this morning, then.”

“Colette had some interesting restoration spells that worked well afterwards, at least for us. She’s a...” Lydia shrugged. “Let’s just say that Colette helped heal the Arch-Mage and leave it at that.”

“Okay. We’ll talk later.” I turned to Korir. “Anyway, I know this is your hold. And I told Mirabelle that the College will now be under your jurisdiction. But it is also an Imperial enclave of sorts, which means any resident of the Empire is free to come here to study magic. In the short run, I’m going to have the rest of the troops that are in town for two weeks work on rebuilding some of the homes and structures there. I want Winterhold to be able to support the College with supplies and inns for travelers.”

“What I also want is the College to fix things as well, starting with that damned bridge. I also expect the mages here to not be so secretive about what they’re doing. Certainly they will still experiment. This Hall is a great place for that, with all the magical runes on it to keep things confined. But going into town, getting supplies from your merchants, and basically working with you and the residents, so that both the College and the town can prosper ... that’s now expected of them. No, let me correct that. That’s now required of them. Mirabelle, do you understand that?”

“Who am I to argue with the High Queen of Skyrim?” She smiled, now so pretty and vibrant. Down, girl, you’re married, I thought to myself.

The four of us took a tour of the library and I introduced the Jarl to the instructors. They were all in favor of having a merchant in town having supplies on demand that they may need for their research, instead of having to search themselves. When I told Sergius that he would no longer be limited to the local soldiers for enchanting things, especially if I were to get him a contract with the army, he complained that it would take up all his time. Then I mentioned he could have his students do the enchanting as training, while he kept part of the coin himself simply as their instructor. “How soon can you have the first wagon load of weapons here?” was his response.

We were done with our tour and returned to town by late afternoon. Rikke came up to me as the Jarl and I descended the bridge ramp. “Your Majesty, the wagon and escorts for Gelebor have left town. I have three companies of troops encamped around the fringes of town. What are your orders?”

“There’s a good half dozen houses and businesses around town that were either partially or totally destroyed. Use the privy purse to pay for materials. Rotate your troops, so that at least one company is on guard at all times, but have the other two rebuilding the town. It’s time that Winterhold recovered from the tragedy of years past.”

“I’ll give the orders at once. How long will Your Majesty stay here, so I can determine our plans?”

“I figure Jordris will be here within two or three days. I’ll give her one day to recover, then head out. At the end of two weeks, leave a small guard detachment, half a company, to protect the city from the wildlife, a supplement to the city guard. The remainder will then proceed to Solitude, to rejoin your forces in preparation for ... well, let’s not go into that now.”

She nodded and then left to carry out her orders. The Jarl watched me for a long time as we walked back to his longhouse, then finally spoke as we entered. “If you will forgive me for not being formal, you’re not what I expected. Oh, don’t worry, I have no intention of going back on my words of support for you. But ... I am pleased. You are decisive, and capable of leading, yet also of listening to advice. Brave, yet also capable of facing your fears and not letting them govern you. So ... thank you.”

“You’re welcome. Although I’m not sure what you just thanked me for.”

“For being the Dragonborn. For saving us from Alduin. For killing Ulfric and being the true High Queen. For ... being you.”

I was very quiet that evening in the Jarls Longhouse. There were a guest for dinner that hadn’t been there the previous night, or ever before. Arch-Mage Mirabelle Ervine was the center of conversation that night. She discussed with Jarl Korir some of the general things that the College could do for the town if allowed. She and Rikke also discussed how the army could further assist the town as well in recovery during the two weeks the soldiers would be there. All in all, it was a successful evening.

Lydia escorted Mirabelle back to the bridge to the College afterwards. I watched them as they walked, holding hands, then kissing each other before they parted ways. The sky was clear, both moons out, cold but not totally freezing, just brisk. Lydia came walking back towards me, and the moonlight allowed me to easily see the emotions playing over her face. As she got closer, I simply started walking around the building. She followed me to the side of the Jarl’s Longhouse, then when I stopped and leaned against the wall, she did the same.

“You never expected to have this happen, I’m guessing.”

She bit her lip, then said, “Damn. What do I do, my Thane? What can I do?”

“Lydia ... I’m probably a poor person to advise you about what you feel in your heart. I’m married to three women, remember? And it’s not like I haven’t made love to both you and Mirabelle. You’re both special to me, but you specifically, in a way that none of my wives can be. So I just want you to be happy is all. If she makes you happy, then my advice is to make her happy, too.”

I could hear the anguish in her voice. “That’s just it, Martina. I can’t do that. I’m your housecarl. It’s what you and Serana said, you’re the Queen, the Empress. Above all else I am pledged to you.”

“Oh, bullshit.” She started at my curse. “You’re in my service, certainly. That doesn’t mean that you can’t be happy. Neither one of us are going to be home much for the next couple of years, due to the fighting. But I have something to look forward to, to come back to. And just because the College is here now doesn’t mean that there won’t be a need for mages in the Imperial City, or that I might not need to assign you, Jordris, or Argis to one of the other realms. That’s for in the future.”

“Gods, girl, we may not even survive the fight against the Aldmeri. I want you to have no regrets if that happens. So get your ass across that bridge and go make that woman scream your name in love, with love. See if Dibella blesses the both of you.”

Lydia was rapidly blinking the tears from her eyes. She softly said, “You know you’ll always be my first love, my one true love.”

I smiled. “Well, of course I will. I’m the Dragonborn, right? Now, git!” I smacked her on the butt with my hand as she took off for the college.

“You’re something else, my Queen,” came from the shadows cast by the moons.

“Stick around with me. You probably think right now you’ll never find anyone who can replace Gallus in your heart, but hopefully that wound will heal over time and you can find happiness, too.”

“I think if Nocturnal will let me, I’ll do just that. For some reason being around you and your companions makes me rather happy. And that’s something I haven’t been for many years.”

“You heard what I said back in Windhelm. Free will. If you want to worship Nocturnal, you’re free to do so. And I do owe the lady, so we’ll return the lockpick to her Temple as soon as we can. But there’s none of this her letting you do anything. Not anymore. It’s up to you, it’s your life. Doesn’t mean that Delphine won’t end up giving you orders at some point or other, if you remain in my service, but that’s a bit different.”

“I ... I think I can live with that. I’ve been in My Lady’s service for several decades now so I don’t know that I could just ... you know, stop worshiping her. But ... I will say that this intrigues me, if nothing else.”

Our conversation was interrupted then by two people running towards us from behind the Longhouse. They were wearing robes, with weird masks over their faces. “You there! You’re the one they call Dragonborn!”

“Call? No. I am Dragonborn.”

“Your lies fall of deaf ears, Deceiver. The True Dragonborn comes ... You are but his shadow!”

“Well, considering the Greybeards as well as the Dovah themselves seem to think so, I’d say you’re sadly mistaken.”

“Then it is too late. The lie has already taken root in the hearts of men. So we shall expose to them the falseness in their hearts by tearing out yours, Deceiver!”

“Seriously? There’s what, two of you?” Karliah and I unlimbered our bows. “You realize that I’m the High Queen of Skyrim as well as a Septim, right?”

“Your lies fall on deaf ears, Deceiver! We know you are the False Dragonborn! You shall not stand in the way of the true Dragonborn’s return! He comes soon, and we shall offer him your heart!”

“Again, with the heart thing. How about you two simply go home before you get hurt?”

“When Lord Miraak appears, all shall bear witness. None shall stand to oppose him!” The two of them started to attack with magical spells.

Karliah and I were still wearing our armor and already had our bows ready. Two arrows and the mysterious attackers were dead, before the first spell even made it beyond their fingertips. The sounds of their dying attracted the attention of the town guard, running up with their torches for light and their swords ready for combat.

“Put your weapons away,” I ordered. “Whatever this was, it’s already over. Karliah?”

“Of course, My Queen.” She started searching the bodies. In the flickering light, she removed their masks. One was male, the other female. Both were Dunmer. “These masks are bone, but what an odd shape, with ... I swear it almost looks like a fish or giant squid. They both have daggers, robes with a magical enchantment, probably to regenerate magic, and this one has a staff as well, fireballs. Ah, they both have these on them as well.”

She brought a piece of parchment to me with writing on it. It read, ‘Board the vessel Northern Maiden docked at Raven Rock. Take it to Windhelm, then begin your search. Kill the False Dragonborn known as Martina Grize’ before she reaches Solstheim. Return with word of your success, and Miraak shall be most pleased.’

“I didn’t know you were planning on going to Solstheim, Your Majesty.”

I shook my head. “Neither did I. But ... apparently I am. Shit! I know it’s an island of Morrowind, but not much more. What do you know?”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.