Legacy of a Legend - Cover

Legacy of a Legend

Copyright© 2016 by StarFleet Carl

Chapter 54

Fan Fiction Story: Chapter 54 - Follow Martina Grize', the Dragonborn, from her entry into the realm of Skyrim, as she discovers her destiny, and eventually ... well, you'll see. I classify this as fan fiction of the Bethesda game, The Elder Scrolls V, Skyrim. There is explicit sex, but not of the stroke story variety. Disclaimer - I don't own TESV, I just play there. So the land is theirs, the choices made are mine. Note: The rape code was added due to what had happened in the past, and is discussed but not shown.

Caution: This Fan Fiction Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Fa/ft   Consensual   Rape   Romantic   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Fan Fiction   High Fantasy   War   Paranormal   Vampires   Were animal   Zombies   Incest   Mother   Daughter   Group Sex   Orgy   Masturbation   Sex Toys   Nudism   Politics   Royalty   Violence  

Jordris was first to move. “That’s no way to treat a sword that’s saved your life. What’s wrong with you, woman? You act like our Martina has never managed to surprise you in the past.” She picked the sword up and put it into Delphine’s scabbard. “There, now you need to check to make sure you didn’t nick the edge or anything, so careless.”

“My ... apologies. That’s twice now since we’ve met that I’ve been totally taken aback that resulted in my complete lack of composure.”

“You said something about Falkreath Sanctuary?” Siddgeir asked.

Nazir looked at him. “Ah, the Jarl who surrounds himself with finery, without actually noticing what else is around him. Of course. Our home for many years was barely more than a stones throw from your own. And the way things have worked out, things make perfect sense to me now.”

“What do you mean?” Siddgeir continued to press Nazir.

“Why, the contract to kill your housecarl, of course. It was designed to give a Thalmor closer access to the throne than what she already had as your steward. By the by, your Majesty, those notes you had dropped off with us for study have been fascinating. It seems that while the plan itself was sound, the Aldmeri made one minor error. While Nenya herself is Altmer, she hates the Dominion. And Helvard was actually in the pay of the former Jarl, Dengeir, anyway, trying to find some way to support Ulfric.”

“Notes?” I asked, with a look of anger on my face.

“Ah, yes. For that, I do apologize.” Surgus came up then. “You were so busy dealing with everything that I may have sent the library that belonged to Herecinde to Dawnstar, along with instructions to read everything and find out what could be discovered of their plans and intentions. I simply forgot to tell you.”

He continued as if nothing else had happened. “A lesson, if you will, in politics. Running the kingdom, let alone the entire Empire, isn’t like running a single hold or commanding a small unit. No doubt you’ve already noticed that General Rikke has a staff that actually implements her plans. Well, you have a good core of people that already follow you. You simply have to...”

“Not kill you where you stand for overstepping your own authority?”

“I honestly figured it was a simple oversight on your part. The Psijic truly have no idea if the Bosmer made Altmer would be able to figure out something with ... Gelebor regarding the Falmer. And that was when we still had our powers. For some reason many things that pertain to the Altmer were ... well, blocked off from our seeing them.”

“Don’t let it happen again, not without at least telling me what you’re doing. I’m smart enough to realize that I can’t know everything, that I’m going to have to have a staff at some point or another. I probably would have sent the books to the person whose life happens to be books, though.”

“Ah, the orc librarian at Winterhold, of course. Perhaps the books pertaining to magic, especially the ones used in their experiments, should go to him for study.”

Siddgeir didn’t know which way to look. “So you’re telling me that you’re the ones who killed my housecarl, but he was actually working for my uncle, and it was paid for by the Aldmeri Dominion because they wanted Nenya to be closer to me simply because she’s an Altmer?”

Idgrod laughed a bit. “Do try to keep up, Jarl. We’re well beyond that now. That was but a simple plot that failed, due to our Queen. I’m sure she’s done things that she is not proud of doing, while other have filled her with a sense of deep satisfaction. Perhaps while the evening is still young, she can regale us with some of her tales.”

“I already provided you a meal this evening, Jarl Idgrod. Now you want me to entertain you?” I chuckled. “Very well. Elise, I think there’s enough room on the patio for us.”

We sat around the tables, with lanterns and torches out as it got darker, while I told some of what I had done while in Skyrim. The tale of going into Sovngarde and fighting with three ancient heroes of old at my side was met with some disbelief by many, until I used HUN and summoned Gormlaith.

“Lead me into battle, Dragonborn!”

“Soon, Gormlaith. This battle that you just won by showing up tonight was one of the lesser battles, that of politics.”

She sounded disappointed. “There are no foes for me to slay here?”

“This was a battle against those who did not truly believe deep down inside that we faced down the Wyrm Alduin in combat. You have won that battle by your very presence here. Do not fear, though, there will be a time that you and your friends will be called to aid me in combat with swords and spells.”

“Ha! Then I stand ready in Shor’s Hall, as do Feldir and Hakon to serve you. Farewell.”

When she vanished, I then asked, “Now, would anyone care to meet the dragon I both defeated and then befriended while in the Soul Cairn?”

Serana laughed. “Mother and I already did, remember? I don’t think your troops would be quite ready for a soul-trapped dragon that they can’t even hope to defeat because they can’t kill him to show up.”

After I had been talking so long that both Masser and Secunda were high in the sky, I finally tired. “We still have a full days travel ahead of us tomorrow. Shall we turn in?”

Leah came up. “My Queen, you know that I am a bard. You have talked of many things tonight, most of them serious. Perhaps before you all retire, a little song might help everyone sleep.”

Balgruuf looked at her. “I, for one, could use a song right now. All this talk of war and combat has made me wish I was even twenty years younger.”

Leah smiled and started picking at her lute. The opening chords were very familiar, but once she’d played through the chords once, the words that she sang were not.

Our heroine, our heroine, claims a fair maidens heart. I tell you, I tell you, the Dragonborn comes. With a tongue wielding power of the great Dibellan arts Believe, believe, the Dragonborn comes.

It’s an end to loneliness for a fair maidens heart. Beware, beware, the Dragonborn comes. For the powers have passed, and her belly yet grows You’ll know, you’ll know, the Dragonborn comes.

Dragonborn, Dragonborn, By her honor is sworn To love every women she meets And the loneliness does rout When her release she does shout Dragonborn, for your blessing we pray.

The mood of seriousness from my talking was completely shattered with the laughter from all those gathered.

Our travels the next day were almost amusing. The bandits that seemed to continually infest Valtheim Towers had barricaded the doors to the tower on the southern bank when they saw us approach. The road was really only wide enough for three soldiers side by side, so I expect it was rather disconcerting for them to see a couple of horses, at least thirty ranks of soldiers, followed by even more horses and more soldiers coming down the hill towards them.

I was far enough back that I didn’t hear exactly what Rikke yelled to the bandits, I only saw the results. The net result was a half dozen bandits running very rapidly up the path on the north shore, presumably into the mountains, and twenty of our soldiers leaving the column and taking up station here. I rode over next to Balgruuf and Irileth.

“Well, I’d say that takes care of helping secure your eastern borders a bit.”

They agreed with that, and told the soldiers to draw supply from Whiterun as needed.

We crossed the river and came up towards Fort Amol. There were a couple of wizards on the parapet, watching us come closer. “Go away! This is our home now!”

I rode forward. “Your home is within Eastmarch and is claimed by the Jarl of Windhelm as his territory. Do you swear fealty to him?” I yelled back at them.

“We are mages. We owe no fealty to any Jarl.”

“These banners show that I am not any Jarl. I am the High Queen of Skyrim. Do you swear fealty to me?”

“Why should we? We are powerful mages! We took this fort from the Stormcloaks! It is ours, and ours alone. Begone now, before you face our wrath.”

I glanced at Lydia. “I believe that was the wrong answer,” I said casually, taking out my bow. Three arrows flew true, killing both the mages. The three of us hopped down and charged the gate. I could hear Rikke cursing behind me as she started to deploy her troops. “Hold your forces, General. This ... won’t actually take me that long.”

“Your Majesty, we’re supposed to be protecting you, not the other way around, dammit!”

I heard Lydia and Jordris fire again, taking down another mage. “Don’t take this the wrong way, Rikke, but your troops would only be in our way.” I looked around. “And what are you doing here, oh soon to be mother of one of my children? Get back in the carriage.”

“I’m pregnant, love, not some porcelain doll that you have to keep on a shelf. You’re not the only mage that knows how to fight. Now shut up, and let’s go.”

“I swear, cure the vampire, knock her up, and she gets even more ready to fight than before. Oh, well, there’s nothing to it, then. Rikke, this won’t take us long!”

We charged into the fort, heading first for one doorway, then a few minutes later coming out of it and heading for another. It was only a few more minutes that we came out of that one. Jordris had a slight cut over one eye that quickly closed off with a small healing potion.

“General, since this technically is enemy territory, I suggest leaving at least thirty troops here to secure it. They’ll have a bit of cleaning up to do first, though.”

Balgruuf had ridden forward. “Your Majesty ... Martina ... you are the Empress. This is madness, risking you in combat like that.”

“What risk, Jarl? There were only a dozen or so mages inside.” We rode back towards the carriage while Rikke detached some soldiers to clean up inside. “Keep one thing in mind, Balgruuf. While Rikke is the general in charge of my army, make no mistake, it is MY army, and I will be leading it. There may be ... nay, there certainly will be actions that happen in different spots where I’m not available. But I will be in the field with my troops, sharing their danger and leading them to victory, not sitting back in luxury in some palace while men and women fight and die in my name.”

Thongvor pounded his chest twice with his closed fist. The soldiers of the Dragonborn’s Own all did the same as well. I nodded back to them, acknowledging their salute. As a sign of how well organized things were, it was only a few more minutes before Rikke told the remaining troops in the column to proceed. As they started out down the road, the ones in front started singing. The song was quickly picked up by the rest. There was no music as the bards had stayed behind, but sound of more than a hundred fifty soldiers was a music of its own.

Our Heroine, Our Heroine, claims a warrior’s heart. I tell you, I tell you, the Dragonborn comes. With a Voice wielding power of the ancient Nord arts Believe, believe, the Dragonborn comes.

It’s an end to the evil of all Skyrim’s foes Beware, beware, the Dragonborn comes For the darkness has passed, and the legend yet grows You’ll know, you’ll know, the Dragonborn’s come.

Dragonborn, Dragonborn By her honor is sworn To keep evil forever at bay And the fierce foe rout When they hear triumph’s shout Dragonborn, for your blessing we pray

Well, at least it wasn’t the bawdy version that Leah sang. I figured they’d run through it once and be done. They were singing as we passed Darkwater Crossing. They were singing it as Mistwatch was left behind us. They were still singing it while climbing the road around Northwatch Summit. They finally quit it as we came up to Shor’s Stone.

I had been staying near the carriage most of the way, discussing with Elisif and Serana our future family arrangements. When the troops went silent, finally, I rode forward to where Rikke was dispersing them.

“My apologies, Your Majesty, but there’s no proper place for you or the Jarls tonight. We’ll have a couple of command tents set up for you in just a bit.”

I saw Annekke and Thongvor head towards Sylgia’s home. “Rikke, check with the local guards, make sure the mine has remained clear of spiders. Other than that, I don’t think any of us will lose much from spending the night in a bedroll. Only one tent, for Elisif and her ladies. The rest of us will be outside. And yes, that specifically includes all of the Jarls ... except Idgrod.”

“Your Majesty, it’s already starting to rain. You and the Jarls...”

“LOK VAH KOOR! What rain?”

“Where we you when we were fighting against the Thalmor twenty years ago? Damn, that’s ... I don’t think I’ve ever heard of any student of the Thu’um doing that.”

“The Greybeards can do it. That’s probably about it. Oh, and pass the word to the men. We’ll be taking the main road tomorrow, the one that leads through Fort Greenwall. I’d like you to have a detachment ready to go to take over the fort when you pass through.”

“Why do I not like the way you just phrased things?”

“Because you’ve grown to know me? Just be ready to head out two hours after dawn tomorrow.”

I left her to giving her unit commanders orders and walked over to where a tent had been raised for the ladies. I waved Nazir over as I walked and gave him some quick instructions. He nodded, then hurried from my side. Siddgeir was looking around. “Ah, your Majesty. There is no inn or fine quarters here. Which of these peasants will be allowing us to stay in their home this evening?”

“These ... peasants ... have work to do in the morning, digging ore from Redbelly Mine. They need their rest in their own beds. You, on the other hand, have had a day of simply sitting on a horse, engaging in conversation with an assortment of lovely women. Your bedroll will be with the rest of ours, over there, just north of that pile of boulders.”

“Sleeping on the ground? Surely you jest, it was raining just moments ago.”

“And it’s not going to do so now. Or are you deaf, and didn’t hear her Shout?” Balgruuf clapped Siddgeir on the shoulder, taking him firmly and leading him away. “You never experienced the Great War. I think it’s time we toughen you up. You’re going to be in charge of the southern entrances to Skyrim from Cyrodiil and Hammerfell, probably make regular trips to Elinhir, and you’ll have to go Sentinel at some point or other. Trust me, when you’re crossing the Alik’r, you’ll wish you had the comfort of a bedroll here.”

“But, Balgruuf, don’t we have diplomats for that?”

“Ha! Who better to speak for Skyrim than one of her rulers? And you could always be leading the troops from your hold into combat with the Queen, like the rest of us.”

They left my earshot. Lydia, two steps behind me, mused, “Well, this will either help to toughen him up or kill him. Any bets?”

Jordris said from my other side, “Somehow I doubt our Martina cares which.”

“Really, am I that predictable? Oh, and you two get some rest tonight. We’re heading out two hours before dawn tomorrow.”

From the corner of my eye, I saw Lydia hold her hand out. “I told you she’d have us go clean the fort out of bandits.”

“Not without my assistance this time, she’s not.” From the shadows, the woman came closer. “I saw you send Nazir out to scout the situation. I owe you too much to let you go into danger anymore without being there for you.”

I stopped. “Astrid ... this is not simply slipping in a blade from behind, or putting a poison pellet into a palace chalice. This will be brutal combat. You ... you might get hurt.”

Her lyrical laugh sent thrills through my private region, making my smalls wet. “Dear Listener, I have been dead and brought back because of you. While that trick may not work again, I’ve known life and love in your arms. My sword, and more importantly, my bow, are at your disposal. Your lovely Adrianne was able to temper my armor last night before we left.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.