Legacy of a Legend - Cover

Legacy of a Legend

Copyright© 2016 by StarFleet Carl

Chapter 43

Fan Fiction Story: Chapter 43 - Follow Martina Grize', the Dragonborn, from her entry into the realm of Skyrim, as she discovers her destiny, and eventually ... well, you'll see. I classify this as fan fiction of the Bethesda game, The Elder Scrolls V, Skyrim. There is explicit sex, but not of the stroke story variety. Disclaimer - I don't own TESV, I just play there. So the land is theirs, the choices made are mine. Note: The rape code was added due to what had happened in the past, and is discussed but not shown.

Caution: This Fan Fiction Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Fa/ft   Consensual   Rape   Romantic   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Fan Fiction   High Fantasy   War   Paranormal   Vampires   Were animal   Zombies   Incest   Mother   Daughter   Group Sex   Orgy   Masturbation   Sex Toys   Nudism   Politics   Royalty   Violence  

I heard a dragon bellowing to the south as I left the Sanctuary. I didn’t need that kind of issue for now, so I headed north and then west for Markarth. It seemed that some of our earlier good actions were still providing returns, as the only thing I passed on the road was a wagon with goods and a farmer hauling produce.

It had gotten dark when I arrived outside town. I left my horse in the keeping of the stable boy, with instructions to feed, water, and see to his care. I entered the town. It was quite a bit darker inside, due to the surrounding cliffs. I had almost reached the Hag’s Cure when I noticed a young woman leaving the store. No one else was in sight, so I stopped and backed into the deepening shadows. As she passed, I said, “You are Muiri, correct?”

She jumped, startled by my voice coming from the dark. “Yes?” She seemed ready to flee if need be. My next words caused her to relax a bit.

“You have summoned us. I am here in response to the Dark Sacrament.”

“Oh, wonderful!” She glanced around quickly, to make sure we weren’t overheard. “I need you to kill Alain Dufont. I’m from Windhelm, I was like a daughter to the Shatter-Shield family. Alain tricked me, romanced me ... used me ... and all just so he could get close to the Shatter-Shield’s treasure like the bandit he is. After he did that, the family threw me out on the street, like common rabble, without listening to me. He must pay. He and his bandit friends live in Raldbthar, it’s a Dwemer ruin. He must die for what he did.”

“Sounds relatively straightforward. Is that all?”

“No. I want my revenge. I was like their daughter, so the clan Shatter-Shield must pay as well. One of their daughters was killed by a maniac in Windhelm. If you kill the other, I will increase your reward. I lost everything to Alain, and to the actions of the Shatter-Shield clan. A home in Windhelm, a future ... now I must eke out a living here as the assistant to a woman who makes stamina potions for old men who think they are young. They think I did it on purpose, now if Nilsine dies as well, they may rethink their actions.”

“I will contact you again when the deeds are done.” I stepped back into the shadows as she continued on her way.

I had no desire to head out at night, so I headed over to the one place I knew I could sleep securely, Vlindrel Hall. I slipped in unobserved. A cold meal and drink was followed by sleep. I ate the next morning and left without being seen. I tipped the stable boy for the care he’d taken of my horse and headed back out across Skyrim.

I barely avoided a small skirmish not far from Markarth between troops. The waste of this fighting when it was against the wrong foe wore on my conscience, but I knew it would continue, would simply have to continue, until the time was right.

It was early the next morning when I arrived in Windhelm. After stabling my horse, I used the empty home of Aventus Arentino as a place to hide and rest until nightfall, then headed across town. Nilsine and a servant were walking back to their house from shopping in town. Nilsine stopped outside her home to talk to a guard and then to some man apparently seeking work while the servant continued on into the home. I noticed that the man had a dagger handy, like a cutpurse. That made it too easy.

The guard turned her back to continue walking away, I took the dagger without being seen, and then slid it from behind into Nilsine, so that it looked like the cutpurse had missed his target, then I quickly slipped back into the shadows. Nilsine gave a cry of anguish as the blade pierced her heart, falling to the ground. The cutpurse reached down to her body, saying, “What just happened here?” The guard turned around, saw the cutpurse reaching out to his dagger, jumped to the conclusion I wanted her to reach, pulled her sword and killed the cutpurse.

I simply crept away in the shadows while the guard called for help. This would make Muiri happy. From there, I went back to the stable and retrieved my horse. It was a short ride to the Dwemer ruins being used by the bandits. There were three bandits on watch outside. They would stay that way permanently after my arrows found their mark. I went inside. The entryway was being used as a sleeping quarters for the guards on watch, with two more asleep inside.

I crept up behind the first, a large orc. He didn’t have a chance to struggle when I slit his throat. The other, a small Bosmer, sensed something when I got close, perhaps the smell of the spilled blood. I slammed my dagger through his ear and held it down. He kicked a little, but didn’t make enough sound to carry while he died. Certainly nothing that would carry over the sound of a Dwemer trap the bandits were using as a cook fire. They had meat set up on a spit, allowing a fire trap to whoosh out every every couple of minutes and cook it.

I crept around a corner. In the distance I could see a woman working at a makeshift forge. I drew my bowstring back and got her with a single arrow. Another bandit saw her fall and started walking towards me. I put an arrow through his helm. A third bandit started running my way, but didn’t make it close enough to even see me before another arrow found him. I quickly checked the area, then proceeded further into the ruins. A locked gate was in front of me. I tried to pick it, but after several tries gave up. Another exit from the hallway led into a room with three more bandits in it, sitting for a meal. I killed them with arrows before they could even react.

I started to relax, searching their corpses to see if I’d killed Dufont. One of them had papers that showed I had succeeded. From another room further in, I heard a noise and quickly went to cover. There was another guard that I’d missed. A counter similar to what was in a bar was between he and I, with a grate coming partially down. I didn’t have much of a window to shoot through, but it was big enough for me to put an arrow through the ear hole in his armor. I went in to see what he was guarding and found the bandits treasure haul. For a small group, it was relatively impressive. I gathered it all up and headed out.

It was dark when I got back to Markarth. I was able to get into Vlindrel Hall unseen and unload the excess items I wanted to keep. My load lightened, I made a small fire in the fireplace, warmed some food, ate, and then slept till morning. I stopped at the market and sold some of the things I’d recovered just after the shops opened.

I caught up with Muiri as she was heading in to work. She looked startled to see me waiting for her. “Is it ... done? Alain Dufont is dead?”

“Of course. I wouldn’t have come back otherwise.”

“Excellent. That bastard has gotten exactly what he deserved. A Khajiit merchant that brings us supplies in regularly from Windhelm mentioned that there had been a ... tragedy ... there recently. I’m not sorry that Nilsine is dead now.” She smiled at me. “You know, you’re a quite attractive woman. Perhaps if you ever need anything, you’ll keep me in mind? I’m quite good with potions, too.”

“Perhaps. But there is also one minor matter, of course.”

“Oh, silly me. Of course, your payment. Here.” She handed me a bag of gold. “Since you helped me further...” She took a ring off, and placed it in the palm of my hand, closing her fingers over mine. “This will help you with any potions you may want to make, I hope. And ... just take it as a symbol of my affection for me.” She looked in my eyes for a moment, continuing to hold my hand in hers, then leaned forward to give me a peck on the cheek, giggled, and ran towards her shop.

That had not been the response I was expecting at all. I almost called her back, to see if she and I could perhaps share some time together. Instead, I slipped her ring into a pouch and walked to the front gate. I left the city, got my horse, and rode back to the Sanctuary. My thoughts on this ride were not pleasant.

Dammit, I missed my friends and companions. Did I really want to be High Queen and Empress? Couldn’t I just live and let live? I’d saved Skyrim twice now. Why couldn’t I just live my life, be a normal woman? Fate ... or something ... provided me the answer as I neared Falkreath. A Thalmor was escorting a young Nord woman in chains.

“Move along, this is none of your business.”

“Why? What’s she done?”

“You’re an Imperial, so you may not know this. Nords still worship Talos, which you know is against our law. She must be punished for that.”

“Wow.” I dismounted from my horse. “Is this what a Talos worshiper looks like? Can I see her closer?” I walked closer.

“Step back, citizen. She’s dangerous.”

“Not as dangerous as I am, you fucking elf.” I was already pulling my sword as I started talking, as I had moved close enough so that he was within reach. His head went flying. The young girl looked at me in shock as I removed her chains.

“Why did you do that? You’re an Imperial.”

“The Imperials aren’t the enemies of the Nords. The Thalmor are. Keep that in mind as time progresses. Here, take his things and sell them for money. If you get to Markarth, talk to Muiri in the apothecary shop. Tell her ... tell her that her friend that helped her would like for her to help you.”

She had tears in her eyes. “Thank you. Talos bless you.”

I continued on to the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary, untroubled by the thoughts I’d had earlier. I had my suspicions that Surgus may have set that little event up, but I couldn’t be mad at him if he had. By early evening I was back and through the Black Door. I was tired but happy that I’d fulfilled the first major contract for Astrid.

She was at her desk, looking at her map. “Ah, you’re back. How did your first real contract go? A bit more exciting that what Nazir has been offering, I’ll wager.”

“I live only to serve. Hail Sithis!”

Her smooth and sexy voice made me tingly inside, and I realized I’d been missing something else as she said, “Oh, good. Very good, indeed. You, my dear, are going to fit in here quite nicely ... now, I need your assistance with a matter of a more ... personal nature.”

“Well, if you let me get a little cleaned up from the road, I’ll be more than happy to meet you privately and help with any itch you might have.” I licked my lips as I said that.

She laughed. “Oh, I wish it was only that simple. And I may take you up on that offer. But no, unfortunately, it’s Cicero. Ever since he arrived, his behavior’s been ... well, erratic would be an understatement. I do believe he is truly mad. But it’s worse than that. He’s taken to locking himself in the Night Mother’s chamber and talking. To someone. In hushed and frantic tones. Who is he speaking with? What are they planning? I fear treachery.”

I came closer to her and put my hand on her shoulder, looking her in the eye. “Astrid, I know he’s not all there mentally, but I think you’re being a bit ... paranoid.”

She took my comforting hand in her own, and squeezed, seeking reassurance from the touch. “Maybe so, but healthy paranoia has saved this Sanctuary before, and my gut tells me that demented little fool is up to something.”

“What do you need me to do?”

“Dear sister, I need you to steal into that chamber and eavesdrop on their meeting. It’ll be no use clinging to the shadows. They’ll see you for sure. No, you need a hiding place that they’ll never think to look. Like ... inside the Night Mother’s coffin.”

“That seems ... disrespectful.”

“Be that as it may, we have no other choice. You need to remain unseen. Now, go! Before they meet. And report back to me with whatever you learn.”

I let my hand linger in hers for a moment, giving her hand a gentle squeeze, then nodded and left her. Most everyone was at dinner, so I was able to move unseen into the room where Cicero had taken the coffin. The coffin was standing upright along one wall, in front of the Sanctuary window seal. I easily opened the simple lock on it, then pried the doors open. The mummified corpse of the Night Mother was tied to the back wall. She looked different than what Mother had described, but I didn’t have time to get into details. I entered the coffin.

After closing the door, it was incredibly dark. I heard Cicero come into the room, then start humming to himself. After a moment, he said, “Are we alone? Yes ... yes ... alone.” He laughed maniacally. “Sweet solitude. No one will hear us, disturb us. Everything is going according to plan. The others ... I’ve spoken to them. And they’re coming around, I know it! The wizard, Festus ... perhaps even the Argonian, and even the un-child.” His voice showed distaste when mentioning Babette.

He continued his insane sounding rant. “What about you, hmm? Have you ... have you spoken to anyone? No ... No, of course not. I do the talking, the stalking, the seeing, and the saying! And what do you do? Nothing! Not...” He took a breath and calmed himself a little. “Not that I’m angry. No, never! Cicero understands. Heh. Cicero always understands. And ... obeys. You will talk when you’re ready, won’t you? Won’t you ... sweet Night Mother.”

The inside of the coffin took on a deep red hue as the corpse of the Night Mother lit up. “Poor Cicero. Dear Cicero. Such a humble servant. But he will never hear my voice. For he is not the Listener. But I will speak. I will speak to you. For you are the one. You are the daughter of your Mother, she who was my Listener. So too, shall you be. I give you this task ... journey to Volunruud. Speak to Amaund Motierre. Tell Cicero the time has come. Tell him the words he has been waiting for, all these years, Darkness rises when silence dies.”

Fuck. I thought that infiltrating the Dark Brotherhood would give me a clean cover to kill the Emperor without any suspicions falling upon me. This could complicate things.

The door to the coffin was flung open. Cicero stood outside the coffin, outraged. “What? What treachery! Defiler! Debaser and defiler! You have violated the sanctity of the Night Mother’s tomb! Explain yourself! Speak, worm!”

“Which of us is the worm? The Night Mother spoke to me. She said I am the one.”

“She ... spoke to you? More treachery! More trickery and deceit! You lie! The Night Mother speaks only to the Listener! And there is ... no ... Listener!” He was screeching at the end of this rant.

I remained calm. “There is now. Darkness rises when silence dies.”

“She ... she said that? She said those words ... to you? Darkness rises when silence dies? But those are the words. The Binding Words. Written in the Keeping Tomes! The signal so I would know. Mother’s only way of talking to sweet Cicero!

He began doing a mad jig about the room. Then ... it is true! She is back! Our Lady is back! She has chosen a Listener! She has chosen you! All hail the Listener!”

Astrid came charging into the room, her sword at the ready. “By Sithis, this ends now! Back away, fool! Whatever you’ve been planning is over!” She looked at me. “Are you alright? I heard the commotion. Who was Cicero talking to? Where’s the accomplice? Reveal yourself, traitor!”

Cicero said, “I spoke only to the Night Mother! I spoke to the Night Mother, but she didn’t speak to me. Oh, no! She spoke only to her! To the Listener!”

“What? The Listener? What are you going on about? What is this lunacy?”

Cicero started dancing again. “It’s true, it’s true! The Night Mother has spoken! The silence has been broken! The Listener has been chosen!”

Astrid came closer to me. “When I heard Cicero screaming, I knew you’d been discovered. I feared the worst. Are you all right?”

I smiled at her. “Yes, I’m fine.”

“Then what in Sithis name is going on? Cicero spoke to the Night Mother, but she spoke to you? Is this just more of the fool’s rambling?”

“It’s true. Cicero was her Keeper only. His duty is to maintain her body, keep her safe. But that is all. So she spoke to me, said that I was the one.”

“What? So Cicero wasn’t talking to anyone else. Just ... the Night Mother’s body? And the Night Mother, who, according to everything we know, will only speak to the person chosen as Listener, just spoke. Right now ... to you?”

“There’s a reason behind it, but ... yes.”

“By Sithis! And ... what did she say?”

“I must speak to Amaund Motierre, in Volunruud.”

“Amaund Motierre? I have no idea who that is. But Volunruud ... that I have heard of, and I know where it is.”

“Well, let me get something to eat and some rest, and I’ll be off, then.”

“Hmm? No. No! Listen, I don’t know what’s going on here, but you take your orders from me. Are we clear on that? The Night Mother may have spoken to you, but I am still leader of this Family. I will not have my authority so easily dismissed. I ... I need some time to this about all this. Go see Nazir, do some work for him. I’ll find you when I’m ready to discuss the matter further.”

“Astrid ... come here.”

“This is all ... so fast. I need time to think.”

I took her in my arms. “You know I’m an Imperial. What you don’t know is that my family has a ... home ... near Bravil, where the Night Mother used to reside. My ... family ... used to belong to the Dark Brotherhood in Cyrodiil. I didn’t expect this when I joined your Family here, but ... being chosen the Listener by the Night Mother has ... happened to a relative of mine before.”

“Look, I have a headache, I don’t know what the Oblivion is going on, and Arnbjorn is off on some contract to Riften and won’t be back for a week. I need some time to think.”

“Sounds like you need some time to rest as well. Come, sweet Astrid. Let us return to your quarters. I will give you a back rub, help with your tensions.”

She looked into my eyes, seeing her concern for me reflected in my attraction to her. Her breath quickened, and she said in a husky voice, “Perhaps you can rub more than my back, Listener.”

We went back to her room. The cheery fire in the corner made her silver hair shine in the reflected light. “Here, I have some scented oil in my kit. I keep it, well, we do like to feel feminine at times, don’t we?”

“I’ve ... never really had a good back rub. Arnbjorn tries, but he was a Companion at one time. That’s funny, when you think of it, having both a vampire and a werewolf in the family. Anyway, he’s also a smith, so his hands are always rough from the forge.”

“Well, how about your slip your armor off, and lay down on your bed? That’s it, on your belly. Put your arms loose and at your side. Yes, that’s it.” I put the oil container on the table at the head of the bed after pouring a bit into my hands. I rubbed them together, then started working on her back muscles.

“Oh, my, you are tense. Just let your mind drift while I work these out.” I worked more oil into her back, rubbing down her spine. I started working on her legs and butt. After a few minutes of this, I paused so I could take my own armor off.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.