Legacy of a Legend
Chapter 21

Copyright© 2016 by StarFleet Carl

Fan Fiction Story: Chapter 21 - Follow Martina Grize', the Dragonborn, from her entry into the realm of Skyrim, as she discovers her destiny, and eventually ... well, you'll see. I classify this as fan fiction of the Bethesda game, The Elder Scrolls V, Skyrim. There is explicit sex, but not of the stroke story variety. Disclaimer - I don't own TESV, I just play there. So the land is theirs, the choices made are mine. Note: The rape code was added due to what had happened in the past, and is discussed but not shown.

Caution: This Fan Fiction Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Fa/ft   Consensual   Rape   Romantic   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Fan Fiction   High Fantasy   War   Paranormal   Vampires   Were animal   Zombies   Incest   Mother   Daughter   Group Sex   Orgy   Masturbation   Sex Toys   Nudism   Politics   Royalty   Violence  

“I’m pleasantly surprised, Lydia.”

“I bet Arngeir has no idea how close he came to, uh, having issues.”

“That’s what I mean. He didn’t actually piss me off this time. I wonder if he made this trip to talk to Paarthurnax and got told something by the one being he respects.”

“We’ll find out soon enough. There’s Paarthurnax waiting for us.”

We got closer and with his deep voice, the dragon spoke. “You have it. The Kel – the Elder Scroll. Tiid kreh ... qalos. Time shudders at its touch. There is no question. You are doom-driven. Kogaan Akatosh. The very bones of the earth are at your disposal. Go then. Fulfill your destiny. Take the Scroll to the Time-Wound. Do not delay. Alduin will be coming. He cannot miss the signs.”

“Lydia, since we don’t know what’s going to happen, stay back a bit. I suspect that this is something that only I can survive.”

“Yes, my Thane. And Martina ... be careful.”

I smiled at her, then walked through the snow to where the time-wound waited. I yelled at Paarthurnax, “I hope I don’t go blind from this, you big lizard. Wish me luck.”

I pulled out the Elder Scroll. If Mother did it, so can I. I opened the Scroll.

The level of magic in the Scroll was unmatched by anything I’d ever seen or felt before, even back in the Shivering Isles. The Scroll glowed from within, the images on it searing into my eyes. I shut them from the brightness, then snapped them open again in fear that I would be blind. I felt a twist inside, the magic working in and on me, my vision becoming blurry and tinged in red. I could hear a dragon roaring in battle.

A Nord man ran by me, shouting. “Gormlaith! We’re running out of time! The battle...”

A dragon landed in front of me. I reached for my sword, but found I couldn’t move. I could still turn, watch, and hear, though. The dragon said, “Today Alduin’s lordship will be restored. But I honor your courage. Die now, in vain.”

A woman Nord in plate armor came running up to help against the dragon. She yelled something, but over the noise of the dragon roar, I couldn’t hear it. They killed the dragon, then went walking past where I stood.

“Hakon! A glorious day, is it not!”

At hearing this name, I remembered the names that Paarthurnax had said were his friends. I was somehow, through the magic of the Elder Scroll, watching the battle against Alduin that happened thousands of years ago.

The two Nord warriors finished their conversation and were joined by a third dressed as a Greybeard. They discussed their plan against Alduin. Gormlaith said she had killed four dragons herself this day. The Greybeard, Feldir, was worried and said Alduin couldn’t be slain like a lesser dragon, and he’d brought the Elder Scroll.

That got a rise from the other two. They said they’d defeat Alduin with Dragonrend. After a brief argument, things were settled because the black dragon, Alduin, came in and landed on the Word Wall. He roared in dragon tongue, “Fools! Treacherous ones! Your hopes all wither! I am your doom!”

Gormlaith screamed, “Let those that watch from Sovngarde envy us this day!” The three of them then shouted at Alduin, JOOR ZAH FRUL! When they used it, I felt it flowing into my body, as the other shouts I had learned did.

Alduin started to fly up from the Word Wall, but the magic from the Shout encased his body, forcing him to land abruptly. “What have you done? What twisted Words have you created? Tahrodis, Paarthurnax! My teeth to his throat! But first you will die in terror, knowing your final fate. To feed my power when I come for you in Sovngarde!”

Gormlaith yelled in defiance, “If I die today, it will not be in terror. You feel fear for the first time, worm. I see it in your eyes. Skyrim will be free!”

The three Nords began attacking Alduin. The words Gormlaith spoke were prophetic. I watched, helpless, as Alduin took her in his mouth and bit down, then flung her lifeless corpse away. Hakon yelled for Feldir to use the Scroll.

I witnessed Feldir step back while Hakon continued to battle Alduin. Feldir held up the Elder Scroll – the same one that had brought me back in time to witness this battle – and say the words, asking for help from Kyne, or Sister Hawk as he called her. He began chanting and banished Alduin from all our endings unto the last. Alduin roared something out in surprise, but I couldn’t understand him. A glow, then a light, enveloped Alduin, and suddenly he was gone.

Feldir went forward to help Hakon, who was badly injured. I heard him say, “The World-Eater is gone. May the spirits have mercy on our souls.” When he said that, my vision faded and suddenly I was back at the Throat of the World.

Alduin came flying up and landed upon the Word Wall. “My belly is full of the souls of your fellow mortals, Dovahkiin. Die now and await your fate in Sovngarde!”

Paarthurnax jumped in between us. “You are too late, Alduin! Dovahkiin! Use Dragonrend if you know it!”

I did know it. I shouted at Alduin the Words I’d learned. I saw him engulfed in the same glow as before, so I knew it was the right shout.

“You will pay for your defiance!” He opened his mouth and began breathing fire at me. Lydia came up and started shooting him with arrows. I did the same, quickly drinking a potion to help my accuracy and strength with the bow. I saw the glow start to fade and shouted at him again.

Paarthurnax was helping as much as he could, or wanted to, by breathing frost at Alduin and then landing again. I felt the strength leaving me, so quickly drank two of my specially prepared potions, both to increase my ability to take a beating as well as help heal the injuries I’d already taken.

I truly have no recollection of the whole battle. At some point I had shifted to my sword and was battering upon Alduin from the front and then from the side as he went back after Paarthurnax. I continued the shout to keep him grounded, and drank potions like I had no tomorrow. Which without them was probably correct, anyway.

Alduin even called upon meteors to fall from the skies at one point. Because our shouts were so short in duration, I was able to counter his move by using LOK VAH KOOR, Clear Skies. After an unknown time, suddenly Alduin screamed out, “You have become strong! But I am Alduin, Firstborn of Akatosh! I cannot be slain here, by you or anyone else! You cannot prevail against me. I will outlast you ... mortal!”

In spite of Dragonrend, he leaped into the sky and flew off. Paarthurnax flew up to me. “You truly have the voice of a dovah. Alduin’s allies will think twice after this victory.”

“It wasn’t really a victory, since Alduin escaped.”

“True. This is not the final krongah – victory. But even the heroes of old were not able to defeat Alduin in open battle. Alduin always was pahlok – arrogant, in his power. He took domination as his birthright. This should shake the loyalty of the dov who serve him.”

“I need to find out where Alduin went.”

“Yes ... one of his allies could help us. But it will not be so easy to ... convince one of them to betray him. Perhaps the hofkahsejun – the palace in Whiterun, Dragonsreach. It was originally built to hold a captive dovah. A fine place to trap one of Alduin’s allies.”

“The Jarl of Whiterun might not think so.”

“Hmm, yes. But your su’um is strong. I have no doubt that you can convince him of the need. Dragonsreach was built to hold a dovah ages ago. This was before the Akaviri came along and killed most of my brothers. I used to visit him from time to time. Nearly crazed by loneliness and captivity. He did not even remember his own name. I do not know how he came to be caught. But the Jarl was very proud of his ... pet.” I could hear the disgust in his voice.

“All right, Paarthurnax. We’ll see what we find.”

Lydia and I started walking back down. “It’s getting late. I’m not comfortable doing ... what we do ... for healing at High Hrothgar. But we will spend the night there, I have no desire to descend the mountain in the dark.”

“That would put a crimp on things, if we were to fall to our deaths at this point.”

“Yes. But we’ll be back in Whiterun and soon. I think we both need more potions after that little fight, and I need to fix your pauldron. If I were to guess, I’d say you probably have at least a sprained shoulder from the looks of things.”

Lydia tried to move her arm. “Yes, you’re right. It may have been broken, but thank the Divines for healing potions.”

We entered High Hrothgar. Arngeir was meditating in one of the halls. “Alduin ... We heard Dragonrend being used from here. He is defeated?”

“Yes, but he escaped. I need to find his portal to Sovngarde.”

“I feared as much. I thought it was him I saw flying east after your battle.”

“I’m going to try to capture a dragon, if Balgruuf will help me.”

“Ah, Dragonsreach! There are many difficulties, but I cannot think of a better plan. Although I fear the Jarl may not be so easy to persuade. Remember, the Way of the Voice trains you for more than battle. Indeed, we believe that battle is the least of its uses. May the strength and truth of your Voice serve you well. Breath and focus.”

“Very good. We’ll rest the night here, then head down in the morning. Good night.”

We went off to the sleeping quarters. The two of us sounded like elderly women with the number of groans and complaints we made as we started taking our armor off. Lydia looked at my back. “Stendarr’s mercy, you were incredibly lucky.”

“What do you mean?”

She held up my cuirass. The back of it, undamaged for so long, had three long gouges in it where Alduin’s claws had raked me. “Wow, I’m glad they missed me.”

“Um, they didn’t. That’s what I mean about you being lucky. You must have been drinking a potion right when he got you. There’s ... bits of bone still in your clothes that he cut from your ribs. Here’s where he got you.” She touched my back and traced her fingers along the three lines on my back.

“Damn.” I hissed in pain... “Amazing how you can ignore things when you need to. Let’s see how we feel in the morning. I know from looking at your shoulder that you’re not going to be carrying too many of my burdens for a bit, either.”

“I know you’re pretty good at repairing armor, my Thane. But if I know you, you’re going to be brewing up a lot more potions, especially since we’re going up against another dragon. We have the materials. How about letting the newest member of our family fix them?”

I looked at her. “Is that how you see us? All part of a family?”

“Not just a family, Martina. Your family. Your subjects, of course, but more than that.” She winced a little as she lay back in bed. “This is something we – that is, you and I – haven’t discussed. You’ve a lot on your plate, seeing as how quite literally the fate of the world rests upon your shoulders. But you have a home. You have people who love you, who would give their lives for you, not just because you’re their Empress, but because you’ve shown your love for them as well.”

“You’re right, we haven’t discussed this. But it sounds like you’ve talked to someone.”

“Don’t be upset, my love. Delphine and I first talked about it while we were walking to Sky Haven Temple. Eydis brought it up to me herself. Adrianne had come to me days ago asking about you. It’s in your blood. You are meant to be our Empress, rule not just our bodies, but also our hearts. And we can feel it ourselves.”

I smiled. “For someone who was unsure of herself a few short weeks ago, you seem to be of a different mind, very sure, today.”

“Dibella has blessed us, all of us, with you. And you share yourself willingly with us. Not just the physical pleasures, but actually of yourself. How could we not love you?”

“Well, this isn’t over yet. You’ve given me food for thought, my dear. And you’re right. When we get home tomorrow, take our gear to Adrianne. We’ll discuss the rest later. Oh, and one more thing.”

“Yes, my Thane?”

“Make sure that you have more than one pot of warm water available for bathing for us tomorrow evening. I’m sure that Adrianne will be tired and dirty from the forge. You and I both need some help. And yes, I mean that in exactly that way.”

She smiled back at me. “Good night, my Thane. I love you.” She laid her head back on the pillow and closed her eyes.

“Goodnight, Lydia.” I laid back as well, thinking to myself about what relationships I had forged here in Skyrim, how I had affected lives, how many more lives I would need to affect. I stared at the ceiling, wondering about Mother and Haskill. If I failed, would they be affected in the Isles? I closed my eyes to ponder this thought. Sleep came hard this night.

The next morning saw us quickly down the mountain, and back to Whiterun by early evening. Kynareth herself must have blessed our trip, as we didn’t encounter a single wild animal. One group of bandits thought they would rob us. They were wrong.

When the guard opened the gate to let us into Whiterun, the expression on their commander’s face bordered between fear and awe. “We’re not that bad looking, are we?”

“No, Thane. It’s just ... we heard many shouts from High Hrothgar yesterday. And today when you come home ... by the Gods, your armor looks...”

“Yes. I know you guards have been jealous of my armor, made of dragon scales. Now think about what could penetrate those scales like this. Anyone want to join us?”

Commander, Caius, looked at us in disbelief. “No, I don’t think any of my men are feeling suicidal today. Good luck, Thane.”

We continued in to town, crossing the bridge. Seeing us limp past her shop made all thoughts of the discretion she had talked about before flee from Adrianne’s mind. She dropped her tools on her bench. “Stendarr’s mercy! Halldis, come give me a hand!”

“Martina, Lydia, let us help you. By the Nine, your armor is...”

“Sliced up pretty good, yes, I know. So were we. Let’s get into the house.” The four of us entered Breezehome. “Adrianne, I know you have commitments, with your orders for the Legion. But I need to impose upon you if I may.”

“You can ask anything of me, Martina.”

“I know you’re a master smith. Normally I would do this myself, but ... I just don’t have time. And this will be good training for you, young Halldis. I know you probably only have enough material on hand for your orders.” I nodded towards the south wall. “In that cabinet I have dragon scales and everything else you’d need to repair our armor. Do you think you could have it fixed up for us by tomorrow evening?”

Without a word, she simply came over, took my face in her hands, looked deeply into my eyes, and gave me a fiery kiss. “We’ll have it ready for you. Halldis, help me get their armor off and over to the forge. We have some work to do before dark.”

“And Dibella willing, the four of us can have some fun after dark, too. You apprenticed with me to learn about steel. Time for you to learn about life.”

Lydia looked at me with a smile on her face. “I’ll get the pots going, my Thane.”

The next morning found Lydia and I, quite healed up after the nights activities, dressed in our fine city clothes. We went up to Dragonsreach. Irileth was at her Jarl’s side, and I was glad that Proventius wasn’t in sight. She smiled at me slightly, acknowledging our relationship.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.