A Well-Lived Life - Book 10 - The Wife - Cover

A Well-Lived Life - Book 10 - The Wife

Copyright © 2015-2023 Penguintopia Productions

Chapter 58: Southern Comfort

Coming of Age Sex Story: Chapter 58: Southern Comfort - Unlike most boys, Steve Adams was always on the lookout for his perfect match from an early age. His poor home situation growing up has given him a laser focus on achieving his ultimate goal--a loving wife, a comfortable life, and children raised in a loving, supportive home. Who will be the future Mrs. Stephen Mark Adams?

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Fa/Fa   Mult   Romantic   School   Workplace   Incest   Brother   Sister  

July, 1985, Chicago, Illinois

Wednesday went by quickly. I spent some time with Dave and Penny, making sure that everything I needed to finish would be done before I left for Georgia on Thursday morning. Dany would be starting Monday, and that presented a logistical problem that Julia and Elyse would solve — getting an additional computer.

It also created a space problem in the old study room which was now the NIKA office, so after a lengthy discussion, Cindi would work out of my private office, and when we hired her staff member, he'd work out of there as well. It wouldn't be too much of a burden because both of them would be out of the office more and more.

Wednesday's mail in the PO Box did bring the first three resumes in response to the ad that we'd run, but Julia and Dave rejected them as not fitting what we needed. I hoped we would receive a lot more, and that by the time I came back from the race that they'd have at least two or three good candidates.

I ended up working until nearly midnight, putting the finishing touches on a module for the law firm. I took time out to call Stephie and confirm my travel plans with her, wrote up some notes for Penny, and talked to Dave so that they would know where we stood. Dave and I talked briefly about what Dany should work on, and then I headed to bed, where Bethany was already sound asleep.

Very early on Thursday morning, I packed my bag, kissed Bethany goodbye, walked to the bakery for a donut and coffee, and then set out for Dawsonville.

July, 1985, Dawsonville, Georgia

I pulled into Stephie's driveway just before 8:00pm Georgia time, which was an hour later than Chicago. I'd made good time, considering two stops for food and several stops for gas or the restroom. Stephie and Red were waiting on the front porch swing and got up to greet me as I got out of the car.

"Yankee!" Stephie shouted, and ran up to hug me.

"Hey, Peaches!" I replied, pulling her tight.

She gave me a quick peck on the lips and let go so I could give Jason a hearty handshake. Stephie's mom brought me a glass of lemonade and the three of us sat on the swing, with Stephie between me and Red.

"How was your drive?" Stephie asked.

"Long! But it was worth it. I've always liked being here, sitting on this swing, and spending time with you. How have you two been?"

"Good. School's been fine for me, and Red's keeping busy in the race shop and crewing on the weekends. Kulwicki is confirmed for a full schedule for next year, so it looks like Red will get a full-time job with him."

"Congratulations!" I said. "How's Emily?" I asked.

"She's good. She and Walter got engaged last week!"

"Engaged? She's still a baby!" I chuckled.

"She's eighteen. That's not so young around these parts," Red said. "Stephie's an old maid!"

She slugged him hard on the shoulder.

"Yankee, I can give this here ring back to the idiot next to me if'n you make me a better offer!" she giggled.

"No way, Peaches!" I chuckled. "I'll let you two solve your little lover's spat by yourselves. Have you guys set a date yet?"

"Probably after I graduate, which makes it June or July of '87," she said, suddenly wincing.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Oh, I got these strange pains in my back and side. My gynecologist thinks I have an ovarian cyst. They's pretty common and other than being painful, not a problem. I have an ultrasound in Atlanta next week so they can confirm it. My aunt has 'em, so it probably runs in the family."

"So it's not serious?"

"Nah. If that's what it is, and it's likely, then it's just painful until it goes away. But it can come back. My aunt had 'em off and on for about ten years, and then they just stopped."

"Make sure you let me know," I said. "I do care a lot for you."

"I know. I'll call you and let you know."

"Thanks, I'll appreciate that. So, what's the plan for the next few days?" I asked.

"Red has to work tomorrow, but Emily and Walter are coming over. I figured we'd go to the swimming hole. We can invite LeAnn if you want."

"If Red's OK with that, then sure. Is she going to the race with us?" I asked.

Red laughed, "She's been a complete angel for the past five months! If wanting to go on a date with you to the race does that, I'm not goin' to complain! Even my pappy is surprised at her behavior."

Stephie laughed, "She wants a good dose of Yankee charm! That's enough to make anyone behave!"

"I do NOT need to know that, Stephie!" Red laughed. "But I won't interfere none between her and Steve if that's what she wants."

"I am not promising anything at all," I said. "We'll see what happens."

"I think I may revise my opinion," Red chuckled. "If'n she doesn't get what she's aimin' for, she's gonna make my life a livin' hell!"

I chuckled, "We'll see. I'll make sure you don't get the blame for it!"

"Good luck with that! She'll revert to her old self, but worse! Heck, if she thinks you'll come back next year, I might get another year of peace. Just enough time to move out!"

"No promises. Stephie, let's all go swimming tomorrow like you said."

"OK. Let me go call everyone."

She got up and went inside.

"Is she really OK?" I asked Red once Stephie was in the house.

"I think so, but I ain't no doctor, so I don't rightly know. She's tellin' the truth about her aunt, so that's why I think so."

"OK. I'm just a bit worried about her."

"That's 'cause you're a good friend, Steve."

Stephie was back about five minutes later, saying that the plans were set. We hung out with Red for another hour before he went home and Stephie and I turned in. I was tired from the late night on Wednesday and the long drive, and I was asleep almost as soon as my head hit the pillow in the guest room.

On Friday morning, I ate a hearty breakfast that Mrs. Grant had prepared, and had a nice talk with her. She was quite happy to have Stephie home and pleased that Stephie and Red were engaged. She asked me about my situation and Stephie laughed. I explained that it was a bit complicated at the moment and things were up in the air. After breakfast, Stephie and I took our coffee cups to the front porch.

"I do have some news for you," I said.

"Oh?"

"Jennifer's pregnant. She's due in February!" I said with a grin.

"Hot damn!" Stephie gushed. "Congratulations! I knew you said you was goin' to try. Looks like you were successful."

"That's one reason I was kind of unsure about what to do about LeAnn. I guess the responsibility of having a kid is weighing on me a bit."

"Did you talk to Bethany or Kara about it?"

"Both. Kara was pretty blunt in saying I should do it be because it might be my last fling, or close to it."

"Because you're going to get engaged?" Stephie asked.

"Because of who I might get engaged to," I said with a smile. "You might want to put that coffee cup down."

"Why?" she said, setting it down next to her.

"Because there's a chance I could marry Jessica, not Bethany. And I plan to have Kara as my wife as well."

"Jesus Christ, Yankee! What the heck have you been up to? I mean, were you sippin' daddy's whisky and smokin' some wacky tobacky?"

"Nope. I'm going to have two wives. Kara is going to be one of them. Bethany is most likely the other, but it could be Jessica."

"You are plum crazy! How can you have two wives? They'll lock you up for that!"

"I'll only have one that the government recognizes. Kara's going to be with me forever, even without the marriage certificate."

Stephie shook her head, "Maybe you should move to some Arab country. You can marry all of them for real, then!"

"No, this will work just fine. Elyse and I will have kids. So will Kara and I. And whoever is my wife, of course."

"Don't say nothin' about this to my mom," Stephie said, shaking her head and laughing. "She'll never let you near the place again!"

"I think next year we'll have to stay in a motel, because I'll probably bring them along. Assuming you still want me to come."

"I can't wait to see you explain that one to Bill and Martha!" Stephie giggled.

"One step at a time, Peaches. This time, it's just you and me visiting them."

Stephie went inside to prepare a picnic lunch for our day at the swimming hole. I stayed on the swing and Mrs. Grant brought me some more coffee. I still wasn't sure what to do about LeAnn. In the past, I'd have taken her without a second thought. Now, things were different. I had told Bethany I was ready to marry her. Jennifer was pregnant. My most recent tryst with Magda had been fun, but, ultimately, had made me feel disconnected from Bethany.

On the other hand, both Bethany and Kara had given their blessing. In fact, Kara had given encouragement, based on what she saw happening in my life. She'd met LeAnn and knew exactly what it was that I was contemplating. I was also sure that LeAnn wasn't acting on a whim and it wasn't a spur-of-the-moment decision on her part. If she'd changed her behavior for five months, it meant she had fully contemplated the situation.

Granted, she was young, but she was older than I was my first time, and I was younger than Jennie McGrath had been when she took me to her bed. Of course, the only thing I'd promised LeAnn was a kiss. Everything else would only be her assumptions or desires. When she'd demanded that I let her help me in the shower, I'd turned her down flat. She'd get her kiss. Anything else was an open question.

I finished my coffee and Stephie finished packing the picnic lunch. We changed into our bathing suits and t-shirts, and Stephie grabbed some blankets for us to sit on while we ate. I carried the picnic basket to my car and Stephie and I got in. I drove to Red's house first, to pick up LeAnn, and then headed to the swimming hole. We pulled up and parked behind another car, and I saw Emily leaning on the hood next to a guy who I assumed was Walter.

"Hi, Steve!" Emily said, coming back to our car and giving me a hug. "This is Walter."

I shook hands with her fiancé, who looked like he was in his mid-twenties.

"Nice to meet you," I said.

"Same here!" Walter replied. "Hey, Stephie."

"Hey. You remember LeAnn, Red's little sister?"

"I do," Walter said. "Hey, LeAnn. Y'all ready to swim?"

"Yep!" Stephie said, taking off her t-shirt and revealing a black, high-cut, one-piece bathing suit.

I whistled in approval and the girls laughed. Emily took off her t-shirt, revealing an almost identical white suit. I smiled at Walter and whistled again. LeAnn pulled off her t-shirt, and I almost fainted. She was wearing an emerald green string bikini that perfectly complemented her red hair and pale, freckled skin. I realized at that moment I was a goner. She wasn't a twin of Kathy, but she had the same general attributes. I was stunned, but managed a weak whistle.

Emily laughed, "I knew that suit would get him!"

"Yup!" Stephie said with a grin. "Close your mouth, Steve. You'll catch flies!"

I pulled off my own t-shirt and followed the girls and Walter to the swimming hole. There were two other couples there, but it was big enough that it wasn't crowded. I got into the cool water and sat down. LeAnn came and sat close beside me.

"Do you like what you see?" she asked.

"Absolutely!" I said, having regained my ability to talk.

"You owe me a kiss," she giggled.

"Here? Now?" I asked.

"Sure!" she said, flashing me a huge smile.

She turned and leaned across my lap and put her arms around my neck. I leaned forward and gently pressed my lips against hers. I felt her lips part, and her tongue sought mine. I wrapped my arms around her and held her as our kiss intensified and our tongues slipped around each other.

"Break it up you two!" Stephie said with a laugh about two minutes later.

"Or get a room!" Emily added, also laughing.

We broke the kiss and LeAnn moved back to sit next to me, and then leaned close.

"Want another one?" she asked.

I nodded. I most certainly did. And a whole lot more. That kiss was one of the sexiest that I'd ever had and implied a whole lot of intense pleasure if I wanted it. I'd been on the fence before, but she'd won me over with a kiss.

"I knew I had to make it killer," she whispered. "So that I could get what I really want."

"And what's that?" I said quietly.

"You and me. Somewhere very, very private after lunch. Making each other feel really, really good."

"You're sure about that?"

"I was sure in February. I didn't offer to take a shower with you because I thought you needed help gettin' clean! I've been nice to Jason for five months! Would I do that if I wasn't sure?"

I chuckled, "I guess not. And have you done this before?"

"Other stuff, but not what I want to do with you," she whispered.

"And what is it that you want to do with me, LeAnn?"

She put her lips right next to my ear and whispered, "Fuck."

I nodded, "Me too."

She got a big smile on her face and slipped her hand into mine and interlaced her fingers. We both leaned back against the side of the cement pond and enjoyed the cool water for about ten minutes. Then Stephie came over and asked if we wanted to try the rope swing that someone had put up at the beginning of the Summer. We both said 'yes', and she led us up a hill to where Walter was holding a rope that was attached to the branch of a tree that extended out over the pond. I looked and saw that there was just enough clearance to swing out over the pond and drop in.

"Is the pond deep enough?" I asked.

"Yeah," Walter said. "About seven feet in the center. Me, Red, Stephie, and Emily have all done it. Let me show you."

He grabbed the rope as high up as he could, then lifted his legs and let the rope take his weight and swing him out over the swimming hole. He dropped into the water in the dead center and surfaced a few seconds later. It looked pretty simple, so when the rope was brought up to me by one of the other guys, I gave it a try by repeating what Walter had done. I landed close to where he had and felt my butt just touch the sandy bottom of the pond before I moved my legs down and pushed to the surface.

"Awesome!" I yelled as I surfaced.

Walter used a pole with a hook to grab the rope and then took it to LeAnn, who squealed with delight as she swung through the air and dropped into the center of the pond. I was surprised that her bikini stayed on, but it did. After all of us had taken two or three turns, Stephie suggested that we eat lunch, so Walter and I went to get the picnic baskets and blankets from our cars. Stephie followed me.

"There's two extra blankets in the trunk," she said quietly. "You can take LeAnn to Old Man Jenkins' place after lunch if'n you want. I'll have Walter drop me there at the end of the afternoon."

I nodded, and we walked back and spread the blankets. Walter got out a boombox while Stephie and Emily spread out the food and drinks. We ate while the music blared, joined by the two other couples that were there and had their own picnic lunches. While I ate, I reflected on how different this life was than mine in Chicago. It was much slower, with far less hustle and bustle, and I could see why Stephie loved living here.

"What'cha thinking about, Yankee?" Stephie asked.

"Just how peaceful and nice it is here. It's very different from Chicago."

"Havin' second thoughts about your big city?" she asked quietly, with a smile.

"Not really. I was thinking about why you really belong here. This suits you. For me, it's a nice vacation, but I love the big city."

"If I hadn't met you, I probably only would have managed a year at IIT," Stephie said. "You made me feel at home and loved, and that was enough to keep me there. It would have been enough to keep me there forever, too."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.