A Well-Lived Life - Book 10 - The Wife - Cover

A Well-Lived Life - Book 10 - The Wife

Copyright © 2015-2023 Penguintopia Productions

Chapter 35: Let’s Go Crazy! - Part I

Coming of Age Sex Story: Chapter 35: Let’s Go Crazy! - Part I - Unlike most boys, Steve Adams was always on the lookout for his perfect match from an early age. His poor home situation growing up has given him a laser focus on achieving his ultimate goal--a loving wife, a comfortable life, and children raised in a loving, supportive home. Who will be the future Mrs. Stephen Mark Adams?

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Fa/Fa   Mult   Romantic   School   Workplace   Incest   Brother   Sister  

April, 1985, Chicago, Illinois

I stopped dead in my tracks, my mouth hanging open. I'd known that Jessica was evaluating me, but I didn't expect the question of marriage to be raised given where we were in our relationship. While it wasn't completely out of the blue, it also wasn't expected. And I didn't know how to respond. I simply stared at her, incredulous at the proposal that she'd just made. It took me a minute before I could even speak.

"You're serious?" I asked.

"Deadly," Jessica replied calmly, looking at me almost without an expression on her face.

"I, uh, don't know what to say. I kind of expected that the conversation was coming, but I didn't expect you to just come out and propose!"

"Expect the unexpected!" she said with a smile. "There's a reason I asked tonight."

It hit me like a thunderbolt; Bethany was arriving tomorrow, and Jessica was staking her claim.

"And if I said that I need time to think about it?" I asked.

"I'd give it to you. I suspect you want to talk to Kara, at least. And probably your little sister, if I understand you correctly."

"Yes. And I'd want you to talk to both Elyse and Jennifer. I know you already asked, but I won't hold it against you if you were to change your mind."

She smiled, "You are pretty damned practical. I probably should have talked to them before I proposed, given that I'll have to be around them for a good long time. Does your sister need to give her approval?"

"She doesn't have a veto, if that's what you mean, but I would certainly like you to meet her. She'll be here after the 18th of May, so we can work that out. Jennifer will be here around June 2nd. When do you leave for Africa?"

"June 5th. That would make things tight, but we can work it out."

"You're really sure about this? Even with everything that Kara told you?"

"Positive. I can't think of a better match from all the guys that I've met, going back to High School. Intellectually, emotionally, and, I am damned sure, sexually."

I laughed, "Now how the heck would you know THAT?"

"Trust me," she said with an impish smile. "I promise that you won't be disappointed."

"I'll take your word for it. I guess I'm wondering why you would accept me on these terms. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me."

"I want to get married and have kids. I want a surgical career. That's going to involve some serious compromises on my part and on my husband's part. For a woman in my chosen field, marriage, kids, and career are pretty much impossible to manage together. Something has to give, and it's usually the marriage. And the career can suffer from having kids. I reject that notion and I want to find a solution that works.

"Face it. For the next eight years, I am going to be a supremely lousy wife. I know that, and there's not a damned thing I, or anyone else, can do about it. I won't have a lot of time, I'll have an insane schedule, and I'll be a total bitch because of the pressure. I need someone who can handle that and not cower in the corner. That means I have to make concessions. Really, if you think about it, the only real concession I'm making is for Kara. I like her. A lot. And if you're going to have a mistress, I'd rather you have one I know about and who is part of our lives than sneak around behind my back.

"And you probably would. Don't take that the wrong way. I'm not saying that you're a cad or anything, but it happens all the time. You hear about doctors with their mistresses, but doctors' wives have affairs because they need love and companionship. I'm simply acknowledging the truth in advance. It's something I more or less concluded once I saw what things were like in the medical community.

"The only real issue is what Kara called your dalliances. I don't like that idea, but if that's the condition you put on this, I'll work with you on it. I'm not really possessive, despite my personality. If you think about it, you'd be accepting more or less a part-time wife for quite a few years. And even after that, I'd be on call and working a lot. If you having the odd dalliance is the price for a loving husband who takes care of our kids and is there for me when I need him, so be it."

"You really have thought this through," I observed. "Now I suppose I have to. Just out of curiosity, what about kids? You don't intend to wait until your mid-30s, do you?"

"No. The timing would be a bit tricky, but probably the first one in about four years and the second two years after that. If we had a nanny, I wouldn't miss all that much work — maybe four months total. And you being able to play 'Mr. Mom' would help. I hear that you're really good with kids."

I chuckled, "I haven't seen that movie, but I know the gist. And yes, I guess I am good with kids, though the sample size is fairly limited. Did Kara mention my wish to name my eldest daughter?"

"Yes. I think it's sweet. Someday I'd like to hear all about this girl who had such a huge impact on your life. But not tonight. It's getting late."

"You're welcome to crash at my place. There are a couple of guest rooms in the basement."

"My cousin is expecting me, so I'll take a rain check. Think about my proposal, Steve Adams."

"I will," I promised.

We walked back to the house and into the back yard towards the driveway. I hugged Jessica and waited for the kiss on the cheek. Instead, she looked me in the eyes and gave me a soft kiss that sent electric shocks down my spine. I knew that feeling from years ago and had to fight the urge to flinch. It dawned on me that she might just be right about sex between us, but, however tempting it was, now wasn't the time to find out.

"Call me," she said, climbing into her car.

"I will," I promised.

We both waved as she backed out of the driveway and then drove off. I turned and walked back into the house in somewhat of a daze. Kara and Elyse were sitting in the great room and got up when I walked in.

"I'm heading up to bed," I said.

Both girls followed me into my room, and Kara shut the door behind them.

"Did she propose?" Kara asked.

"You knew?" I asked, simultaneously surprised and not surprised.

"I guessed from the way she was talking at the end of our conversation," Kara replied.

"Holy shit!" Elyse exclaimed. "And Bethany is arriving tomorrow. What are you going to do?"

"Nothing right now," I replied. "I told Jessica that I couldn't answer her question tonight. I said I had to think about it and talk it through with some of you."

"Jesus!" Elyse gasped. "I never expected something like this. I mean, I know Kara said it might happen, but I didn't think it would."

"Nothing has happened yet," I replied. "You proposed to me, twice as a matter of fact, and that didn't lead to marriage. Just to us planning to have kids together."

"Bethany would be heartbroken," Elyse said. "Could you do that to her?"

"That's not a fair question!" Kara snapped. "Would you want him to marry you just so you weren't unhappy if that's not what's best for him?"

"No, I suppose not," Elyse allowed.

"And neither would Bethany," Kara declared firmly.

"I've talked to Bethany about this in general terms several times," I said. "We agreed that at a minimum we'd be best friends forever. You know that she and I have tried over and over again to figure things out between us and it's always gone awry. Neither of us is sure of why, though we have some theories. One of the reasons she wanted to go to school in Chicago rather than finish in Madison is because we both think that we need to be close together to see if we can get past whatever the block is."

"Is she sleeping in your room?" Elyse asked.

"Yes and no," I replied. "She'll have one of the guest rooms until we reconfigure things after Katy and Cindi move and Dave moves in with Julia. Then she'll share with Kara. It'll be like when Jackie was here, or when Sofia was still regularly coming to me. Bethany said that she'd talk to the two of you to work things out. I'd like her to spend the next couple of nights with me, if that's OK with you, Kara."

"It is. Was Elyse staying tonight?"

"Yes. Sorry."

"That's OK. I'll join you, if Elyse doesn't mind."

"What?" I asked.

"I said that I'll join you, if Elyse doesn't mind."

"I heard what you said, but you know why I'm concerned."

"Elyse," Kara asked. "Do you like girls sexually in any way, shape, or form?"

"Hell no!" Elyse declared with a soft laugh. "He knows that full well! I've shared him with Stephie, but she and I didn't even touch each other. And I plan to keep it that way."

"Then no problem!" Kara declared with a smile.

"Can my life get any MORE crazy?" I asked.

"When you have seven teenagers!" Kara said. "Two by me, two by Elyse, one by Jennifer, and two by your wife."

"And you want to take care of all those kids? You're an only child!"

"It'll be a blast! I was looking into options for teaching and I could easily teach night classes so that I could be home during the day when all the kids are little. Once they get older, we'll have our own babysitters ready-made. It'll be fun, Snuggle Bear!"

"If you say so!" I chuckled.

"How about we stop talking and make love instead?"

I pulled Kara to me and kissed her. A few minutes later, the three of us were in bed naked and much like the time when Elyse and Stephie had shared, the girls took turns, rather than actually double-teaming me. And that was fine by me. The three of us fell asleep snuggled close together, with one girl on either side of me, and my arms around them.

In the morning, the three of us crowded into the shower, which under normal circumstances seemed roomy. There was lots of giggling and silliness, but the girls were quite careful to not touch each other intentionally. When we finished, they wrapped towels around themselves and went to their room to dress while I dressed in my room. The three of us met in the kitchen for breakfast.

"Please keep the Jessica thing to yourselves for now," I requested. "I'll talk to Bethany about it, but I don't want to have to deal with questions or pressure from the other girls."

"OK. What time does Bethany get here?"

"I'm supposed to be at Meigs at 2:00pm. Her dad is driving her car, and then he'll fly back with Aimee and her dad. I'm not sure what time he'll arrive, though."

"Got any other plans?"

"I need to run some errands after karate, but otherwise, no."

"Do you have Bethany's birthday present?" Kara asked.

"Yes. I picked it up a week ago, along with Penny's. By the way, Alice is going to let her spend the night with me on my birthday, at Penny's request."

"No way!" Elyse laughed. "How the hell did you manage THAT?"

"Once Penny starts working for me, we can't be together, and Alice is giving Penny some leeway to deal with that. I had nothing to do with asking. That was all Penny."

"So I guess a repeat of your 20th birthday is out of the question!" Elyse giggled.

"I heard about that!" Kara giggled. "And I missed it!"

"Penny is NOT going to be exposed to anything even remotely like that, girls. She's already way ahead of the curve in that area."

"Some High School boy is going to reap the rewards of her time with you. Well, assuming he passes muster."

When we finished breakfast, I went to my office to write in my journal and wait for Penny to arrive. I was pretty sure that she was going to want to go upstairs, and Elyse had promised to change the sheets on the bed, so I fired up the Macintosh and started writing about Jessica. Penny arrived about twenty minutes later.

"Who was that new girl you were walking with last night?" she asked after giving me a quick kiss.

"A friend from Indianapolis," I replied with a smile, then lightheartedly asked, "Are you spying on me?"

"No. I happened to see you out the window, that's all. I was just curious. Isn't Bethany moving in today?"

"Yes. She'll be here later this afternoon. Were we doing computers or each other?" I teased.

"Each other!" she giggled. "Let's go to your room!"

"OK. Remember, I have karate class, so you can't wear me out completely!"

"Meanie!" she giggled again. "But I like being on top, too. And I don't think you need THAT part for karate."

I laughed, "No, I don't think I'll use it to break boards any time soon!"

We went upstairs and Penny I had a great time. I really enjoyed watching her ride me, drinking in the beauty of her young, firm body and feeling a bit jealous of some inexperienced sixteen or seventeen-year-old who was going to benefit from everything I'd taught Penny. When we finished, we showered together, and I walked her to the door.

"Next Saturday I'm testing for my brown belt, so I want to skip that morning. Besides, on Monday night, you're spending the night!"

"Yeah! Can we do like we did when you spent the night at my house?"

"You have school the next day!" I challenged.

"I'll be fine if we do that all night! I promise. Also, can we use the sauna and sit in the whirlpool?"

"Anything you want, Penny! Go crazy!"

She beamed, "I plan to!"

I watched her scamper home, then put on my gi and waited for Sofia and Kara, and then we walked to the dojo. After class, we went home, showered, and ate a quick lunch, and then Kara accompanied me on my errands.

"Where are we going?" she asked.

"The jewelry store first. I need to get something for Elyse that is LONG overdue."

"A diamond?"

"No, a ruby. Just like I gave Jennifer and, believe it or not, Karin."

"Interesting. So Karin never got one of these," she said, fingering her diamond pendant.

"No. You, Bethany, Sofia, and Penny, though Penny's is a lot smaller."

"Don't forget your sister!"

"That's different, but yes, she's received several different pieces of jewelry from me."

"What about Jessica?" Kara asked. "If she's a candidate, shouldn't she get the diamond?"

"No. I think that would be tantamount to accepting her proposal. If I were to say yes to her, I'll give it to her then. Along with the ring."

"That makes sense."

"So, now that you talked to her, what do you think?"

"I think you have quite the dilemma. She and Bethany are VERY different. May I be completely honest and frank with you?"

"Yes, of course."

"I think Jessica would be better for me and Elyse and Jennifer, but especially for me. For a long time, she'd be gone a lot, whether she was studying or working or whatever. I could simply live with you and move to my own room when Jessica was around. Then when she's established as a trauma surgeon at some hospital here in Chicago, she'd be working a lot, which means you would have more time for me. I know it sounds selfish, but it's true."

"As usual, you're making a lot of sense. What I'm contemplating is going to require that all of us get along, that all of us are satisfied, and all of us to like each other. Not just tolerate each other, but wanting to be around each other. That's especially true for you and whomever I marry. Thanks for being honest with me."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.