USA
Chapter 37

Copyright© 2016 by Old Man with a Pen

The survivors were turned over to the French Navy. France had supported a naval presence in the Marquesas since 1842 and by 1930 0r so the islands had been a French Colony for 45 years. They had a French governor and established an advisory council Établissements Français de l’Océanie (French Establishments in Oceania).

Before we could make our getaway, two of the girls discovered we were Finnish. Since we always spoke British English in the Pacific, they had no idea.

I believe it was when we raised the Suomen lippu,, also called siniristilippu ... the Blue Cross Flag. Rather than spend unknown days, weeks, or months at the mercies of the French administrators, they asked ... begged ... to go with us.

That was when we found out they were a pair of blondes from Jyväskylä ... the home of the Thousand Lakes Rally.

Discussions in the salon revealed that the 16 year old Bambi Sadunpoika and 17 year old Channet Saduntytär had heard of Wendy and Rikki Valmaat, the Rally Racers. Me, they’d never heard of.

Photographs ... racing programs ... souvenirs came out and the Audi Quattro was much admired.

The main question we had for the girls: How did you end up in the Pacific?

“Au Pair ... or so we were told,” said Channet.

“New Zealand,” said Bambi.

“Which way did you come?”

“Suez,” they replied.

“You were already too far east for New Zealand,” Wendy said.

“That old bastard!” Channet said. “I knew there was something fishy going on.”

Bambi suddenly appeared to catch the meaning. “Fuck,” she said.

“You’d be doing a lot of that ... and sucking too,” Wendy said.

I guess we’d saved them twice.

With over 800 miles to go, the girls decided that an all over tan would be nice, so they joined Inkeri on the bow.

Our hood ornaments were entertaining all the way to Tahiti Nui and Papeete, where we reported to Customs. We cleared but were sent to the Coastal Patrol.

They wanted to speak to the girls.

What they said was, “We want to speak to the Finland girls.”

So you know how that turned out.

Wendy, Channet, Bambi, Inkeri, Venus, Vendy and Vesti all showed up at the Patrol office. I went along for the fun.

In the Pacific, as usual, English is the common language. Nobody expects the French to know Suomi. It might be pidgin English but it’s enough to get along. If Finland was across the Baltic from France, French might have been one of the languages taught in school instead of German. But they weren’t so we didn’t.

You can teach a Frank English but you can’t teach him English grammar.

The cart before the horse ... the cart behind the horse. Behind the horse the cart is. Grey the horse is.

“Non, the little girls needed are not. Only Finnish girls.”

Never argue with an 18 month old girl child. “We are Finnish girls,” said Vesti, the youngest triplet. Wendy, Channet, Bambi, Inkeri, Venus and Vendy all bobbed their heads. They all got to stay.

The questions began.

The rescued explained about the explosion and fire and the abandonment. The Gendarmerie Maritime said that a French Naval Destroyer had been dispatched to the site but, despite an extensive search, no other survivors had been found.

That was interesting. There had been no known storms or any kind of adverse conditions in that area since we had left the rest in the Marquesas.

The other question was about the older male survivor. Who was he? How did they come to be in his company? Where were they headed? Who had hired them?

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.