USA
Chapter 34

Copyright© 2016 by Old Man with a Pen

She began by explaining the Watcher Rules:

The Watches are for women.

The eldest daughter inherited the Watch when she was twelve.

The eldest daughter could refuse the Watch but the Watcher HAD to ask once a year if the girl wanted the Watch.

Relinquish on demand.

The recipient should be trained in Watch protocol. If the present holder didn't want to train, the Powers That Be would perform the service at their base.

The watch stopped working if the Watcher refused to give it up.

Males could possess the Watch ... but TPTB made no guarantee, expressed or implied, that the Watch would continue to work on demand.

"That's pretty much it," said the assembled deity, "Here's yours, Susan." The Powers tried to hand Susan a very nice Cartier wrist watch from Paris made in 1930. An elegant diamond & ruby encrusted platinum timepiece. She wouldn't take it.

"I knew it!" Sarah exclaimed. "You HATE me!" She burst into tears.

"What?" Seven said.

"Do you have any idea how fast that watch would get me killed?"

"What?"

"I'd last about a minute," she said. "Probably a little longer ... as soon as the kidnappers discover who I really am ... I'd be knocked in the head and found in a ditch."

"We had no idea," said Seven. "Really?"

"Yes, really." Sarah said, "You have no idea what my life was like before I met David and Wendy."

The Powers That Be flickered for all of fifteen seconds. When they stopped, Seven was furious!

"That BASTARD!" Seven cried out in anger.

"He's the good one, check out his wife," Susan said.

Flicker ... Flicker ... Flicker ... Flicker. "She PAID them?"

"They bragged about it before they threw me overboard. After the rapes!"

"Six," Seven said. "Go get the E. Howard Solid 18k Size 18 Pocket Watch."

"The one with the fancy engraving?" Six asked.

"No," Seven said, "The one with the sweet peas on the dial."

"Ooh," he said, "That's a pretty one."

He flickered and handed Sarah the watch.

She looked it over... "Don't you have a plain Jane simple watch?"

"Okay," he said. "Stainless steel case ... looks like a Timex ... never mind."

"Timex?" Sarah said.

"Maker of highly accurate fuzes for artillery shells. They make watches for the common man after the war," he said it like he was reading a brochure. "It is, in fact, a Wempe Presentation Lapel Watch for German Aces. Like everything German it's hand made, highly accurate and has enough thickness for our 'special' works."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.