USA - Cover

USA

Copyright© 2016 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 20

Heather's mouth closed like steel bear trap sprung by the foot of a well fed four hundred pound Michigan Black Bear (Ursus americanus americanus). One could almost hear the Clang ... almost.

"Company manners, Heather," Wendy said. "Be polite."

Heather was slowly assuming the manners of her employers as well as their pattern of speech.

Middle upper-class British English.

The great majority of the English teachers hired on by the Suomen valtion Koulutusjärjestelmä in Finland are from the British Isles and university graduates.

The Russian instructors are from Russia.

"Miss Seven, I'm pleased to meet you. You knew my mother and father?" she asked.

"No," Seven said. "Never met them."

"I don't understand," Heather was baffled. "If you never met them, how do you know?"

Wendy spoke up, "Seven? Are you sure you want to do this? Heather doesn't know."

"Of course I want to do this," Seven said. "Heather is eminently trustworthy."

"How do you know I'm trustworthy?" Heather argued.

"Heather," Seven said. "You keep secrets better than men."

She settled in, "I know who you marry..."

"Is it that nice Willard Gastineau?" Heather asked.

Wendy said, "Heather! I didn't think you even noticed him."

"Oh, I noticed him, all right," she said. "He made me gooshy in my female parts ... and you know how I feel about men. Just looking at him through the salon glass ... thin but so strong ... tall ... and that Cajun accent ... he is just dreamy."

She went away in her mind, her eyes turned glassy, and she forgot what she was doing and even where she was.

"Earth to Heather, Earth to Heather," Wendy giggled. "Come back, girl. Isn't Mr. Gastineau too old for you?"

Heather sighed. "He's just 21 ... only five years." She 'spaced out' again.

"Did you even speak to him," Wendy asked. "Heather?"

Wendy looked at Seven, "Whoa! She's got it bad."

"It's fine, Wendy," Seven said. "She and Willard have wonderful lives."

"I do?" Heather said.

"Yes," said Seven. "You weren't supposed to be listening."

"How do you know?"

"Take my hand."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.