USA - Cover

USA

Copyright© 2016 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 9

Amsterdam was so nice we stayed a week. That meant we had to speak to the authorities. They gave us the once over and the boat the twice over ... and then the army had a look. The little black boxes that went nowhere and did nothing interested then ... as did the nearly new MP-28, II Schmeisser Sub Machine guns ... so did Das Heereswaffenamt markings.

They were interested in where we bought new German military marked weapons.

We confessed.

"They were on the boat when we bought it. Did you see the scuttling charges? No? They were on the boat too."

I'd like to say they were pleased we were so honest ... but they were back at the end of the week. It was mentioned that no one at the boat yard was answering the phone.

I had no real answer except that our boat was the last boat and we bought it off the ways. The rumor that the shop was closing was confirmed by the Dutch.

They mentioned that ... since I was in the reserves ... it was legal for me to possess the weapons. They introduced me to several pilots and suggested I visit Fokker in Amsterdam.

Been there, done that. The plant was ... Okay ... but nothing to write home about. Valmaat was building better aircraft. Fokker was still working with biplanes and fixed gear. We stayed longer in Amsterdam because Dal wasn't ready for us in Belgium.

I made the call.

"Dal?"

"David?"

"Yes. Are you ready for us?" I asked.

"Do you think she'll still fit?" Dal asked.

"Dal ... it's out of date. You need a new suit, belts, shoes ... everything in her bag is past its time limit. Mine too."

"What size is she?"

"I'll check." I pressed the handset to my chest. "Inkeri!"

"Yes, dad?"

"Do you know what size your mom is?" I asked.

"Sure ... she's a six."

"Thanks, our secret, Okay?"

"Yes, dad."

"She's a six, Dal," I said. "I'm a 48 chest 28 waist 34 leg. Shoe size is the same as it was. At least you don't have to get new seats."

I hung up.

"Daddy?" asked Inkeri, "Why do you want to know her size?"

"It's a surprise, sweetie," I said. "Do you know where she is?"

"She's on the boat sunning on the bow ... there's a whole bunch of guys watching her."

"She's teasing?"

"Uh huh."

"You know, you're going to look just like her in a few years," I said.

"Ya think?"

"Yes, Ink ... I think."

"I dunno ... she's awfully top heavy," Inkeri looked down and saw her toes. "I don't think I'll ever be that big. Big enough so I can't see my feet?"

"Yeah," I said.

"How will I tie my shoes?"

I laughed. "Run and tell her it's time to go," I said. "Belgium. They have diamonds in Antwerp. Want some earrings?"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.