Again? - Cover

Again?

Copyright© 2016 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 7

And we were back ... but not exactly where we went from. I was dressed as befit a young man of the age; Wendy was wearing her Audi fire suit ... the suit was blue ... the dragon tapestry was blue ... she did bear a startling resemblance to the dragon. I wonder how long before I let her live that down. Great Grand Children? Perhaps.

"Time travel," she said and looked at the watch.

"Impossible," I said.

"But we did it," Wendy said. "You come up with a better explanation."

"Physics says so," I said.

"Explain the sword," she said.

We were suddenly interrupted.

"Hello." An interesting conglomeration of male and female parts spoke in seven part harmony, "We see you figured it out."

"Figured it out?" I asked... Right. We get a little lucky and the magic police show up.

I may have pouted.

Yes, we do, they said.

"Wendy, they're talking in my head ... Shit! They can read my mind." The maybe pout turned to terror.

Yes we can, "No, we don't want it back," they said.

"What back?" Wendy asked. A fine bit of subterfuge ... I thought.

"The watch, silly," they were harmonious indeed, "That's the first thing watch finders ask about. We only care if the finder is male. They can't keep a watch ... girls only ... it's a club."

"A club?" Wendy grinned.

"Yes, the watch you have is one of ours," the apparition said. "There are watches out there that we didn't make ... they're deadly to males. Sometimes a watch is found by a male ... they either lose them or it kills."

"Oh Joy," I said.

Just to give you, the reader, an idea of the caliber of modern gods, the Seven turned 360 degrees, looked high and low, near and far and spoke.

"Joy?" They turned to the only female present," We thought your name was Wendy?"

Yeah ... like that.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.