A Well-Lived Life 2 - Book 7 - Sakurako - Cover

A Well-Lived Life 2 - Book 7 - Sakurako

Copyright © 2015-2023 Penguintopia Productions

Chapter 37: Geisha

Coming of Age Sex Story: Chapter 37: Geisha - This is the continuation of the story told in "A Well-Lived Life 2", Book 6. If you haven't read the entire 10 book "A Well-Lived Life" and the first six books of "A Well-Lived Life 2" you'll have some difficulty following the story. This is a dialog driven story. The author was voted 'Author of the Year' and 'Best New Author' in the 2015 Clitorides Awards.

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Fa/Fa   Mult   Workplace   Polygamy/Polyamory   Oriental Female   First   Slow  

March 13, 1994, Chicago, Illinois

“Hi, Steve!” Ailea said when she opened the door.

“Hi,” I replied, accepting the offered hug.

There was no touching of lips, just of cheeks, and I wondered if I’d misread her intentions at her birthday lunch, or if, perhaps, she detected my reluctance to return the offered affection.

“Lunch is ready, so go ahead and sit. I’ll bring it in from the kitchen.”

I went to the low table, sat down, and a minute later, Ailea brought miso soup and sushi, our usual lunch fare. She sat down and we began eating.

“When do you start meeting with my grandfather again?”

“In April,” I said. “I pretty much remember everything, or at least I think I do.”

“I didn’t see you at the last competition.”

“By the time I recovered from my accident, they had enough judges. I’ll do the one over Memorial Day weekend, though.”

“Will your friend’s little sister, the one who has the massive crush on you and was very obvious about it, be participating?”

And she thought SHE wasn’t obvious? I couldn’t tell if she was using this as a segue, or if I had totally misread her intentions. Or perhaps, the fact that I hadn’t responded to her advances had caused her to change her behavior. I could talk myself in circles! The only thing to do was carefully answer her.

“Miyu? Probably. But I think her crush was over once she found out I was married!”

“She and her sister didn’t know?”

“No, because we don’t wear jewelry at the dojo or at competitions. You only know because I came here, and your grandfather also made a point of it. And made the point about proper behavior.”

“My grandfather is very conservative, and so is my mom. I’m eighteen and not even allowed to go on dates! My dad is cool, but my mom is very Japanese in her thinking. I have to sneak to even see you without direct supervision!”

“You’ll have a bit more freedom when you go to UIC, won’t you?”

“Yes, but I’ll be living at home, and they watch me like a hawk! You saw how it was with my mom!”

“I did,” I nodded, eating some sushi.

We ate quietly for a bit before Ailea spoke again.

“What’s it like being in college?”

“Well, for you, I suspect it won’t be all that different, really. Most people notice that the professors aren’t like High School teachers and expect you to manage your own studies, but you’re a good student, so that won’t be an issue. There tends to be more homework, too. And there tends to be more freedom and responsibility, but given you’ll be living at home, that probably won’t change much, either.”

“You moved away from home, right?”

“Yes. I lived in Ohio.”

“Were your parents strict?”

“My mom was; fortunately my dad was pretty reasonable once I turned fifteen. He warded off my mom’s worst attempts to control every aspect of my life for every second of the day.”

“That sounds like my mom. And when I say anything about it, she just says I need to focus on becoming a lawyer and not let anything distract me. But it’s been like that since I was twelve!”

“She sounds like quite a few parents I’ve encountered.”

“She’s afraid if she lets me out of her sight, I’ll become drug addicted, pregnant, and start robbing liquor stores!”

I laughed hard, “That is an interesting vision - a drug-crazed, pregnant woman with a shotgun robbing a liquor store! But how do you get away to meet with me once a month?”

Ailea smiled, “I volunteered to clean this house while they are away. I have plenty of time, even after taking time to make lunch and eat with you!”

I nodded, “Very creative!”

We finished our lunch and as she cleared the things from the table, I checked my watch.

“Do you have someplace to go?” she asked.

“My sister’s birthday party, but it’s not for another two hours. If I stay too much longer, you won’t have time to clean.”

“Stay for tea, please. I’ll have enough time. I do most of the cleaning before you get here.”

I nodded and she went to make tea. She came back a few minutes later with a pot of green tea which she set on a tea warmer while we waited for it to steep.

“So how do you manage lunch?” I asked.

“I pick things up on the way here from a Japanese grocery store that caters to people like my grandfather, but also to what the owner calls ‘Yuppie scum’ who pretend to know what good Japanese food is, but who have no manners!”

“America is very different from Japan,” I said. “Something your grandfather and my Sensei have made clear. I take it you prefer the less formal ways?”

She nodded, “Yes, though it’s fun to occasionally put on the kimono and play hostess!”

“A geisha?” I asked.

“Well, that word has many connotations, but if you mean in the traditional sense, yes, but no. It takes great training to be a geisha, including learning to play an instrument, dance, and do calligraphy. The Western view is not accurate, because geisha were meant to be intimate friends and entertainers, not prostitutes. They may flirt, or engage in teasing, but everyone knows the rules and they don’t go beyond them.”

“I only know that from reading a book about Japan a few years ago,” I said. “Before I read the book, I had the incorrect American view.”

“That came from two things - an incorrect understanding of the law that released geisha and prostitutes from what amounted to slavery in the 19th century, and girls who called themselves ‘Geisha Girls’ who sold themselves to American troops after World War II. A true Geisha might strike up a relationship with a man who acted as her patron, but there was no expectation of exchanging sex for patronage.”

Which could easily explain everything that had happened. An older man as a friend, and perhaps patron, with whom she didn’t engage in sex. Even the closed-mouth ‘kisses’, if that’s what they were, could fit that interpretation.

“And that’s what you’ve been doing?” I grinned.

Ailea laughed, “Something like that. I’m not nearly as traditional as my grandfather would like!”

“And the kimono?” I asked.

“You saw my mom wear one here as well. My grandfather prefers it, so I do it to keep the peace. I wore it because I thought you liked the traditional Japanese way. If you don’t like it, I could take it off!”

I chuckled, “I like the kimono.”

Ailea cocked her head, and her eyes twinkled, “Are you sure about that?”

I wasn’t quite sure how to take that. It was clearly flirting, but her reference to Geisha before and the clear separation from sex left me unable to discern her motives.

I nodded, “I’m quite sure I like the kimono!”

The tea was ready and she poured some for each of us. I sipped quietly and simply waited. I tried to think back to my relationship with Jacqui and if I had missed any obvious signs, and I didn’t think I had. She had, on occasion, made slightly risqué comments similar to Ailea’s and she had, on a couple of occasions, kissed me on the cheek. Jacqui had hid it very well and had taken me completely by surprise. And that had made me initially suspicious of Ailea’s motives. So far, however, other than the ‘almost kisses’ and the comment about the kimono, she’d behaved with proper decorum.

“I actually have four, now. This new one is my favorite. I like the blue and white combination. It’s similar to the other one you’ve seen. I also have one that is mostly red and one that is mostly yellow. They’re at home, so I can’t show you. I could bring them next time and model them for you.”

“If you want,” I said.

“I asked you, silly!”

“Sure, I’d like that.”

“And technically, this is a «furisode». If you notice, it is different from the other blue one I wore for our last lunch.”

“The sleeves are longer,” I said.

“Yes. This is a simple one, with the inner kimono sewn in and a simple sash. More traditional ones have several layers and are difficult to put on without practice and skill. In Japan, this would signal I am of age, and available for marriage. Here, with American-style clothing, it’s almost the opposite!”

I nodded, “Something like a burqa or chadri, though without the veil. Or a hijab without the niqab.”

“Or typical dress in America before the 1920s, though the styles are different. I’m not sure if you’ll see these where you’re going in Japan. If your Sensei is very traditional, his wife or daughters might wear traditional clothing. In a large city, most dress in more Western styles.”

“I sense mixed feelings from you about it.”

“Do you wear a tuxedo everywhere? Or even a suit, tie, and hat? Do your daughters cover their heads when they go outside?”

I chuckled, “No. Men haven’t done that regularly since the 50s. You see it in films from baseball games. And I think my daughters would rebel if I insisted they dress that way!”

“Exactly. Even though you dress modestly, you dress informally. But you like to dress up at times? And so does your wife? Correct?”

I nodded, “Yes, of course. I love wearing my tuxedo when it’s called for, but formal dress is the exception, not the rule.”

“Then you understand. But in rural Japan, you may find a bit more formality, especially from a traditional Sensei.”

“I’m curious. Did your grandfather buy you that «furisode»?”

“Yes.”

“Well, then at least he’s acknowledged you are an adult and that marriage is a possibility.”

“I hadn’t thought of it that way.”

“And I think that’s the angle for you to use,” I grinned. “Tell him that if you are eligible for marriage, you need to meet young men to select a mate. After all, he’s made it clear you’re ready for that!”

Ailea laughed, “That’s awesome! It’s like jiu-jitsu! Using his own actions to move him in a way I want to! I could kiss you!”

“I’m not sure that’s a good idea, either!” I chuckled.

Ailea screwed up her face, then frowned a bit, “Do you not like me flirting and being silly?”

“I think you’re aware of why I might be uncomfortable with it.”

“Because of my grandfather.”

“Among other things.”

“Which is why you were so stiff when I hugged you,” she said.

I nodded, “Yes.”

“And you thought I was implying something by that? And by teasing about the kimono? And sillily saying I could kiss you?”

“I suppose the best answer is I’m concerned about what you might be implying.”

“And teasing and being silly always implies that?”

“Well, no, but ... you know what? I think I owe you an apology. I believe I misread your intentions, and I’m sorry about that.”

“May I share a secret with you?”

“Sure,” I said, warily.

I don’t know what my intentions are! Each time it just seemed like the right thing to do or say. I trust you not to attack me or take advantage of me, even though we’re alone.”

I nodded, “That makes sense.”

“Well, unless I ask you to!” she giggled.

I laughed, “May I make a suggestion? One that I think is very important?”

“Yes,” she said, now sounding wary.

“Be very careful about teasing, flirting, and innuendo when you aren’t sure what your motivations are and what you want. You could end up doing things you might regret later because one thing led to another.”

She was quiet for a moment, “You’re right.”

I smiled, and downed the last of my tea. We both stood and I turned to head for the door. I’d take three steps when Ailea called my name. I turned just in time for her to drop the kimono to the floor. And I laughed. She was wearing a t-shirt and Capri pants.

“Cute,” I chuckled.

“Me? Or what I did?”

“Both!”

“Because when I teased about taking off my kimono you thought I might be naked underneath?”

“Guilty as charged,” I chuckled. “I guess I’m a dirty old man!”

“Thirty isn’t old!”

“True, but I’m sorry for thinking those things about you.”

“I’m flattered,” she said. “Obviously, I was teasing you to make you think that.”

“Yes, you were! Now, I need to get home for my sister’s birthday and our family dinner.”

She picked up the kimono, laid it on a chair, then walked over to me. We exchanged a hug and she kissed my cheek.

“Thank you for being my friend and putting up with me.”

“You’re welcome, but I think it’s the other way around!”

“See you on April 10th?”

“I’ll mark my calendar!” I said.

Ailea smiled and opened the door to let me out. I walked down the steps to the sidewalk, then towards my car for the drive home.

When I arrived home, preparations for Stephanie’s party were in full swing. Her friends, invited by Ed, would arrive at 3:00pm. We’d moved the family dinner from 6:00pm to 4:00pm to accommodate the party, which would move to the attic room after the meal, cake, ice cream and presents. Jessica and Kara were clearly interested in hearing what had transpired with Ailea, but there really wasn’t a chance to have any privacy. I joined in helping, and managed to let them each know we’d talk after dinner.

I hadn’t met any of my sister’s post-college friends, and although she and Ed introduced them, I couldn’t remember any names except for the guy named Steve. Most of them were people she or Ed had met at work, and most were married. I got the impression several of the couples had kids, but I wasn’t really part of those circles so I focused on ensuring the meal and party came off without a hitch.

Everything went smoothly from the salad to cake and ice cream, and after Stephanie opened her gifts, she and her friends moved up to the attic, leaving the rest of the family downstairs.

“Not going up?” Jennifer asked quietly as we cleared the table.

I shook my head, “That’s not really my circle. I talked with Ed about it on the way home from breakfast yesterday and he agreed it was better if I didn’t.”

“I suppose that makes sense, though I wish you two could find a way to be closer.”

“Baby steps, Jen. We’re having lunch every other week. And she’s working for Samantha, so she’ll be in town. If all goes well, in a couple of years, she’ll come work for NIKA. I had been thinking two years, but I think three is better, as that lets Samantha graduate from college before Stephanie comes to work for us. Who knows, maybe she likes being Samantha’s ‘Girl Friday’!”

“Not a chance,” Jennifer said. “You know, even in her current state, she wants nothing more than to find some way to be with you. Like me.”

I nodded, “And like Elyse.”

“It’s too bad she didn’t like girls, too,” Jennifer smirked.

“She’s made similar comments in the past, but she’s as straight as I am.”

“You never even thought about taking a walk on the wild side?”

“Nope! Let’s just say my aversion to dick is worse than yours ever was! At least you thought about MINE!”

“True,” Jennifer said, touching my arm. “I’m so glad we figured out a way to be together.”

“Me too, Jen. Me, too.”

We finished cleaning up and then I went to find Samantha. I hadn’t been able to talk to her before dinner because we’d changed the time, and my wives had agreed it was OK to take her to my study to talk.

“How was the first week?” I asked.

“She’s as smart as I thought she was,” Samantha said. “And fearless.”

“Fearless?”

“She read the documents I put together about that trader, suggested some changes, and then volunteered to talk to him.”

“And?”

“She negotiated a contract amendment with him, and he’s moving to the venture capital arm on a provisional basis.”

“You gave her a free hand?”

“What could go wrong? I had to sign off on any deal she made, and I could always exercise the buyout clause if necessary. I think I’m going to keep her!”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.