Thicker Than Blood
Chapter 29

Copyright© 2016 by Matt Moreau

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 29 - A malaise of family dysfunction and emotional ruin.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Cheating   Cuckold   Incest   Slow  

2014

“He just disappeared, again!” said Ronald.

“Yes, and I have no idea why,” said Stacey.

“But, we do,” said James. His new wife looked down.

“Huh? What?” said Stacey.

‘“Before we came here today, Jenna and I talked. I’d asked her why her dad hadn’t said that ‘he’ was giving her away. At first she didn’t know, but then she started thinking,” said James.

“And,” said Ronald.

“Well, Jenna said, that before he went down to get you, Mister Carter, he and Jenna had a few words,” said James.

“Had words?” said Stacey.

“Well, something Jenna did, or a look she gave him, she’s not sure, made him think that there had been some plan to maybe get him to walk her down the aisle in tandem with you sir,” said James.

“I think I kinda looked around for you daddy,” she said. “You weren’t there, but for some reason daddy David, asked me if there had been some kind of arrangement for you to walk me down the aisle too, with him. I told him no, of course not. But then...”

“But, then he came down the aisle and got me,” said Ronald.

“Oh my God,” said Stacey. “He figured it out. It was too late for him to back out, which he would have done if he’d have known about it in advance. So...”

“So what are you saying Stacey?” said Ronald.

“So, he decided to do as much as he was absolutely required to do and no more,” said Stacey. “He saw walking you down the aisle, Jenna, as validating his fathership. Then he saw us as trying to water it, his fathership, down, again, and well...”

“Damn it!” said Ronald. “I also assured him that I wasn’t there for that. I guess he just didn’t believe me.”

“No, daddy, it was me. Thinking about it, my looking around for you, when I came into the foyer, had to have made it clear to him that I was looking for you to join him and me,” said Jenna. “I just didn’t realize it until I talked to James, and then, all of us here, now.”

“Daddy, I guess I never realized just how much daddy David hated you. I do now. And, daddy David is in the wrong. I mean the divorce and everything was not good. I know he was bad hurt when you left him, momma. I’m an adult and I understand some of these things. But, the kind of hatred that daddy David is holding inside of himself is way too much and, oh, I just don’t know,” she said. She threw herself into her husband’s arms and sobbed.

“We’ve got to find him,” said Stacey. “We can all sit here and argue about the wisdom of doing so, but for whatever reason: we have to try and get him back and being part of the family again; and, give him holy hell for pulling another disappearing act.”

“Yes, I agree,” said Ronald. “You’re absolutely right on all counts, Stacey. I don’t care if we have to capture him, tie him down, and force him to listen to us, we have to find him.”

“Yes, daddy, I want to talk to him too. I need to talk to him. I owe him like nobody else,” said Jenna.

James gave her look. Ronald saw it. He knew then that his new son-in-law did not know about Jenna’s guilt in the shooting of the three druggies. He’d be talking to his wife, oh yes, he and Stacey had some thinking to do.

The search for the missing daddy was on—again.


Okay, was my cutting out without saying so much as goodbye the wrong thing to do? Thinking about it now, two hundred and fifty miles and two months removed from the event; well, I was honestly not sure. What I was sure of was that at the time I didn’t think I had a choice, not a good choice at any rate.

As hard core as my exes were early on about forcing “uncle status” upon me and separating me from the fatherhood of my baby; well, that’s how hard core I was feeling now toward my ex-brother pretending to be equal in that position with me.

And, there was the fact that I had taken the fall for my baby and done time in prison. I didn’t regret that, no I didn’t. A man has to protect his children no matter what they do. I had no choice there either.

So here I was in a bar I’d never been in before: The Wild West. Yeah, it was another country western blued and tattooed place of refuge. Talk about lost and lonely. Felt like half of my life was like that. My good friend John Daniels, some folks call him Jack, was more than sympathetic with my plight. Here in Douglas he was about the only friend I had. The good news was he didn’t argue with me.

Being up-up-and-away, though I was, didn’t mean that the bunch of them couldn’t contact me. I had dumped my cell, but there was still the internet. And, though I didn’t have a computer of my own, the public library did, and I occasionally used it for this and that. Okay, and yes, I did check my emails. I didn’t answer any of the ones that they sent me, but I did read them, and, deleted them as soon as I had.

Earlier emails had indicated that they were looking for me. I didn’t want to be found, so I didn’t answer. Like before I knew that if Ronald had really wanted to, though it would have cost him some bucks to do it, he could have hired a PI to find me. He hadn’t done it. I wondered at that since they all seemed so eager to know where I was. But then something happened that stopped me; and, probably explained why they’d not tried, or not very hard.

Aunt Delia emailed me and the information she provided was that which I could not ignore: Ronald Carter, my worst enemy in the world had terminal kidney disease. He needed a transplant and he needed a donor, and donors with his blood type were hard to come by, and I was his blood type. And, there were apparently other complications; he needed a donor that was pretty much an exact match.

That night, the night I got Aunt Delia’s letter; I drank; I drank a lot. The next morning, my decision made for me, by Aunt Delia, I headed back for Phoenix. I checked myself into Phoenix General and made the deal to make an anonymous donation to save my traitorous brother’s life. Aunt Delia would know, but nobody else. Would the rest of them be able to guess? Maybe, but they would not know for sure, and that’s the way I wanted it. I’d had enough of their worthless gratitude and phony sympathy. The incident at the church had sealed it for me, oh yeah.

I was in and out of the hospital in a week’s time. I’d decided to shack up in Phoenix for another week before chancing the long drive back to my digs in Douglas; well, I was still pretty weak.

I hadn’t been on the computer in the time since I’d gone up to Phoenix to donate the kidney. I was sitting in the room at the hotel set aside for travelers to use a computer. There was one from Aunt Delia.

Nephew,

I know you were the one to donate to save Ronald. It was the right thing to do. And don’t worry, none of them know and none of them even seem to suspect though I suppose one or another of them might draw that conclusion down the line. I can tell you, Stacey cried her eyes out for joy when they were given the news that they had found a donor. The relief on the faces of the lot of them was beyond description. Oh, and the prognosis for Ronald is good.

One last thing, nephew, at some point, you might want to rethink your decision to disappear. They did bad, the two of them, but it’s done and over with and we all need to get by it, even you dear nephew. Hoping to see you sooner rather than later.

AD

I hadn’t answered Aunt Delia letter. What would have been the point except to have her write me back and continue to urge me to forgive and forget; I was not at a place in my life where I could do that. It was more than doubtful that I ever would be. Only one thing would have persuaded me to return to the fold: Stacey dumping my ex-brother and coming back to me. I was more than well aware that a fairy tale of that magnitude would have taken divine intervention to effect. No, I was condemned to be alone and to endure the fire in my belly that simply would not die!

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.