Thicker Than Blood - Cover

Thicker Than Blood

Copyright© 2016 by Matt Moreau

Chapter 10

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 10 - A malaise of family dysfunction and emotional ruin.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Cheating   Cuckold   Incest   Slow  

The meeting with Winifred Clark was anything but boring.

“Nice to meet you she said. Nathan told me you’ve got a really, what, complicated situation,” said Miss Clark.

“Oh yeah, I said. Really complicated and I didn’t know where to turn. Anyway, I explained my problem to my boss, Nathan’s dad, last Saturday, and he, well, here I am,” I said.

“Yes, here you are. Why don’t we begin by you giving me an overview of your situation if that’s all right,” she said. “Then, I’ll ask you some questions and we can then look at what your options might be. Then, that done, we’ll put together a plan of action. Sound okay to you?”

“Sure bet,” I said. Over the next half hour I laid out a time line of all of the events and happenings right up to and including my meeting with my daughter. My new lawyer raised an eyebrow at my description of that scene, but said nothing initially. But then she did.

“To describe your situation as, well, a situation is pretty much an understatement,” she said. “Heck, I’ve seen soap operas with less pathos.”

“Yeah, really,” I said.

“There’s good news and bad news, David. The good news is that the judge will guarantee your status as ‘a’ father of Jenna, but likely not her only father; there is really no doubt about that. You’ve been that to her forever, and that is going to be recognized by the court. The bad news is, your wife will likely get physical custody of Jenna year ‘round. You’ll likely get visitation, and I will fight to expand that, but overall they, the two of them, will be in a position to influence your daughter at least to some extent. You say her lover, your half-brother, has money?” she said.

“Yes, he’s a millionaire, car dealerships, several of them,” I said. She nodded gravely.

“From what you’ve told me about their attitude, they will likely use their money and other resources to influence how Jenna sees things and how she acts toward you. But, similarly, from all you’ve told me, I think it unlikely that they would try to actually vilify you. And...

“I don’t see Jenna willingly writing you out of your position as her father, maybe even her main father; but, there may be things she accedes to over time that will rankle in your gut: shining you on at certain ceremonial events, the other guy walking her down the aisle if and when she marries, forgetting important dates like your birthday, Father’s day and the like. In her mind, she won’t be consciously shunting you aside, but the effect will be the same. If you take my advice, you will remain calm and aloof from such slights as they may occur, and I am fully aware of how hard that may be for you,” she said.

I sagged back in my seat. “You said you might be able to expand my visitation rights from what is usually the case?” I said.

“Maybe, that will be one of the main thrust of my efforts for sure. Can I ask, is there any way you might be able to get the two of them to lighten up and not get in the way of a joint and equal custody request by us?” she said.

“Not according to my wife. She seemed adamant that I would be relegated to second class citizenship when it comes to my baby,” I said. “I can ask again, try again, but I doubt if they’ll budge.”

“Okay, well make the effort anyway. We need to be able to tell the judge we tried. Okay?” she said.

“Okay,” I said.

We talked some more and settled a few things, including my alienation of affection suit. But, the most immediate thing for me, at least in one respect, was to go for a short court date. I did not want this thing, the divorce, and the custody battle tied up with it, to be dragged out any more than was absolutely necessary. And, then the meeting was over, and I was left to cry in my beer.

As much as I hated my wife, at least I was telling myself that I hated her; I still needed her. I still loved her too; there was no escaping that reality. Love, hate, confusion, desperation all of it was my lot. All of that added onto what the two of them were going to try to do, as I saw it, to come between my daughter and me. I did not deserve this, any of it, I did not!


I got the word less than a week later: we got our short date. It seems that my ex-wife was going to cooperate at least to that extent. And while it is what I wanted, her giving in to me on this particular point, and that so easily, worried me; it worried me a lot!

Just thirty-days from the date of her filing for the divorce, we were in court for a hearing. We stared at each other from across the room. Well, I stared, she just smiled at me and seemed to be sending me the message that she was my friend. Well, we’d see about that.

“The court will come to order, the honorable Preston Daniels presiding. You may all be seated.

I watched as the two of them made their statements; I guess that’s what they were. The judge acknowledged them. Then, I was called. Winnifred had to encourage me to go up and tell my side of things. Oddly the lawyers didn’t do much or say much themselves, not in court at any rate. I made my statement; then, it was time for the judge to do all of the talking.

He addressed himself mainly to the last two things, the only bones of contention between us, between me and Stacey and my ex-brother.

As regards the divorce petition filed by Mrs. Carter, wife of David Carter. I hereby grant it since it is not contested by Mr. David Carter. The property settlement shall be as presented to me and is, again, not contested by Mr. David Carter. But now, as regards the two remaining issues.

My primary concern is for the welfare of Jenna Carter age thirteen. I have talked to Jenna and she has held forth that she loves her father of thirteen years, David Carter very much. But, she has indicated that she would prefer to reside with her mother for purposes of physical custody and permanent residency...”

I sank back in my seat. Winnie, Winnifred, had warned me that the mother usually got physical custody, but hearing that Jenna had okayed it hurt. It hurt a lot, an awful lot. I felt myself about to vomit, then, I did. The hullabaloo that ensued held up things for a quarter of an hour while I cleaned up and straightened myself out in an adjacent restroom. I don’t know who mopped up the mess I’d made on the floor and seat.

“Are you okay now, Mr. Carter?” said the judge. I nodded. I didn’t trust my voice, his honor didn’t push it. My now ex-wife had a very concerned look on her face, my ex-brother too if it came to that.

“Mister Carter, you have been Jenna’s daddy for all of this time. I would like to say that visitation by you shall be unlimited and without restriction, but practicalities require that I structure things to be as fair as might be. This, bearing in mind the psychological and physical welfare of Jenna Carter.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.