Thicker Than Blood
Chapter 6

Copyright© 2016 by Matt Moreau

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 6 - A malaise of family dysfunction and emotional ruin.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Cheating   Cuckold   Incest   Slow  

2001

I was impatient for the lady to call me. The school was small, but that’s what we, Stacey and I, were looking for in a high school. No public school for our baby, well she wasn’t exactly a baby anymore, she was thirteen, gonna be fourteen soon.

“Mister Carter?” she called. I rose from the waiting room seat I’d been occupying and went over to her. She handed me the papers: Jenna’s class schedule and a short list of other things we had to get taken care of: the standard health clearance and the transcript from her junior high.

“Thanks,” I said, “when do these have to be in by if I may ask?”

“You should get them in as soon as possible,” she said, “no later than the end of the month though.”

“Okay, noted. And thanks,” I said. She nodded and looked to call the next parent waiting to get his or her kid admitted to Victorino Charter School.

It was still fairly early in the day, a little after 3:00 P.M. Stacey would still be shopping. She had Jenna with her. Well, school supplies were something of a personal thing with a lot of students Jenna among them.

I decided to drop by the Spur and have a beer, maybe two.

“Whatcha have, Mister Carter?” said my good bud Hammond Greely, head barkeep at the establishment.

“Just a Lite,” I said, “got a little time to kill.” The place was sparsely populated at that hour. It figured to get significantly more so after rush hour traffic got underway.

I was surprised to see Marianne Woodley come in. I’d gotten the afternoon off to take care of getting Jenna enrolled at the high school, but Marianne surely had to be on duty; she never missed a day at Ferguson’s, well, that I could recall. I waved her over.

“Hi girl, whaddya doin’ here; the boss needs you,” I said, dead panning.

“Yeah, I had to take some personal time. Hubby dumped me. It seems he needs someone with a younger point of view to help get him through the daily grind: significantly younger actually, like twenty years younger,” she said.

“Oh my God,” I said. “I am so sorry, Marianne. That’s awful.”

“Thanks. It happens. Happens to a lot of people. Just another statistic in the long and unmourned history of failed domestic relationships.” I nodded. I didn’t know what to say to her. I didn’t know what her husband could have been thinking. Marianne was a winner: pretty, pleasant to be around, intelligent the list of positive qualities was long.

“If there is anything I can do, just say the word,” I said finally. Her turn to nod.

“Again, thanks David,” she said.

“So what are you thinking of doing? I mean in relation to him?” I said.

“I guess, trying to get some alimony. Maybe the house too. I’m kind of numb right now. Not sure which way to turn,” she said.

“You turn to your friends, and I’m one of those. But, if you can’t get enough alimony, and what all, can you survive on what you’re making at Ferguson?” I said.

“Barely. I’d probably have to get a second job,” she said.

“I might be able to help you there, Marianne. My brother has businesses. He’d likely be able to help you out. I’ll ask him about it. Okay?” I said.

“Really?” she said. The hope in her voice was palpable.

“Yes, really. I mean I will have to ask him, but I will do that much,” I said.

“Thanks a bunch, Davey, I really mean it. Things are pretty dicey for me right now, and I could use the help, a better job,” she said.


“He came to me yesterday,” he said.

“Who? You mean David?” said Stacey.

“Yes, he asked about a job,” said Ronald.

“A job? He wants to quit Ferguson and work for you? My David?” she said.

“No, no, no, no, he asked for somebody else. Seems his coworker is in tough and needs a better paying job,” he said.

“What kind of job?” she said.

“He wasn’t too clear on that, but from what he told me about her qualifications, probably office manager for one of my dealerships,” he said.

“Okay?” she said.

“He’s never asked me for anything. And, with what we’re doing...” he said.

“Yes, you mean he deserves to have us, you, look upon this as a mandate of sorts,” she said.

“Yes, something like that,” he said.

“Do you need an office manager?” she said.

“I will have an opening next month when Martha Orson retires,” he said. “But, I do have a few other candidates for the job, well qualified candidates.”

“Hmm, so?” she said.

“I don’t know. I guess I could meet with the woman and see whether or not she could handle the job. According to him she’s making twenty grand annual right now. If I hire her, her salary would jump to thirty-five grand,” he said.

“Okay,” she said. “So what if you interview her and she needs a lot of training to do you any good.”

“Hmm, that’s the deal. She really would have to hit the ground running in that particular job. The office manager of a new car dealership is a fast paced gig, and requires some serious management skills,” he said.

She nodded thoughtfully. “Why don’t you hire her now, before Martha retires, and get Martha to be her trainer? Yes, her salary would be an added expense, but I think we need to throw David this particular bone all things considered,” she said.

“Yes, that might work. At least she’d know what the ins and outs were before she would be thrown to the wolves—figuratively,” he said. “Yes, that’s what I’m going to do. Thanks.”


I was back at the Spur sitting at the bar, and I was bearing gifts. I saw her come in. She came directly to me.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.