Thicker Than Blood
Chapter 5

Copyright© 2016 by Matt Moreau

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 5 - A malaise of family dysfunction and emotional ruin.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Cheating   Cuckold   Incest   Slow  

It was 7:13 P.M. on the wall clock in the living room. I was in front of the tube watching some mindless nonsense and thinking not at all. I heard the scream. It was muted, and it was from the back bedroom of our three bedroom tract home. I didn’t quite run back. She was sweating and not wanting to talk. She did blubber her level of stress, however.

“Hospital—now!” she gasped. Her bag was already packed and in the car. One-point-five minutes later we were on the road: I’d had to all but carry her out to the car. Eleven minutes after gunning my Toyota’s more than reliable power train we pulled into the emergency bay of Milton C. Armistead Memorial.

She was taken up to the second floor immediately by half smiling nurses who seemed in a hurry to me but not especially concerned. Well I sure as hell was concerned. At any rate I was relegated to a smallish, but at least warm waiting room off the main corridor leading to the inner sanctorum of the gyno-wing. For the record, she’d decided after all of those Lamaze classes that I should not be in the delivery room with her. That had surprised me, but it was her decision and that was that.

I’d been on my cell for some little while. Everybody I called wanted to talk. My brother was first. Then Aunt Delia, and finally my parents—they were the worst in demanding details. But now I just waited. The callees began arriving not but a few minutes after my last call. Aunt Delia arrived first, then my parents, and finally Ronald; he’d been a hundred miles away working on the final details of the purchase of yet another dealership. I’d learn later that he was closing the deal with the woman owner over martinis and prime rib; well why the hell not, in point of fact the kid was not his, it was mine, and he wasn’t even married. At any rate the man had finally arrived.

The muted hullaballoo in the waiting room went on for the duration. I went over to the nurses’ station and asked about the availability of coffee. The cafeteria was the location of the elixir, and I offered to make the trip for the whole troupe. Ronald volunteered to carry my spear for this one. We went down together.

“Was she in pain when you guys got here?” said Ronald, as we headed downstairs.

“Mild. Not too bad. I mean it was kind of intermittent if you know what I mean,” I said. He seemed as nervous or even more so than I was.

We got the coffees and a dozen not all that fresh donuts and returned to the waiting area.

When we arrived back at the waiting room, we got the news: there was no news, not yet.

More muted and meaningless conversation. Then it was 9:59 P.M., and the doors to the action in the back swung open. Doctor Snodgrass came striding toward us.

“It’s a girl; six pounds nine ounces. Mother and baby are doing well. You’ll be able to go in shortly. The nurses are in command of the get ready stage and will call you.” He nodded in my direction. “It won’t be long,” he said. Then, he glanced around to where Ronald was standing, but said nothing more. He smiled and seemed to wait for questions, none of us had any. He’d answered them all. He smiled a bit more broadly and left us to mutter our thank Gods and exhalations of sighs.

I didn’t quite fall into my seat next to the waiting room’s couch. “Oh my,” I said to nobody but myself. I looked around at those assembled. They were all smiling, all except Ronald.

“Ron?” I said. He looked over at me. He seemed to come back to a conscious state.

“Uh, yes. A big ‘oh my’ does seemed called for,” he said.

“For real,” I said. “And Ron, thank you for being there for us, for me and Stacey. You’ve been a big help, really,” I said. He smiled, but it was a wan smile. I wondered at that. It would be years before I knew the genesis of that smile, and the meaning behind it; oh, and the horrific consequences thereof.


We did see the baby and the mommy, and it was all good. I was pretty sure that at that moment that I was the happiest man alive. I had it all. The only bad part was that mommy and baby couldn’t come home till the next day. I do believe that it was the longest twenty-four hours of my entire life.

And then it was the next day.

The release papers signed. I picked my wife up and wheeled her downstairs in the mandatory wheelchair, and loaded her and baby into the car. We went home.

Mom and dad were waiting for us when we got there. Ronald arrived but a short time after we did.

Mom would be the in-house nursemaid to the two women: Stacey and Jenna. Well, I did have to work. Stacey needed the help and was grateful for it.

I got a call a week later from Ronald. He wanted to meet with me for lunch. It, the meeting, would be at the Spur.


“So how are you all doing,” he said.

“Okay. The baby sleeps most of the time; well, she’s only nine days old,” I said.

“Need anything: diapers, baby duds, a nanny?” he said. He was serious.

“Ron, we’re fine. I mean it’s wonderful of you to want to help so much, but really we’re okay,” I said.

“Well good. I just want to help where I can. I’ve got the cash, Dave, and now that I am at least an uncle, well...” he said.

“And, I think you’re the greatest uncle that there is” I said. “And, I will keep your offer for extra diapers in mind,” I said.

“Well do. We’re brothers. I need you to be okay. I mean for real.

“Anyway, so who’s the one doing the feeding in the wee smalls?” he said.

“Hah! She wants to breast feed for a while, so she’s got that duty at least for now. I figure that that will run its course in maybe six months. But, then again, maybe not. She is the very model of the perfect mommy,” I said. “She just loves the job. And, I have to say, so do I. I mean I’m talking about diapers here? Well, I get diaper duty most of the time except while I’m at work. But, like I said, we share most of the stuff.”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.