Living a CAP Based Present
Chapter 50: Portents and Promises

Copyright© 2016 by Allan Joyal

Ashley’s final line brought down the mood in the room more than a bit. We all turned our attention to the game. It seemed like none of the concubines wanted to continue to talk after that. Jessica and I just worked on playing the various games that the girls would select as we relaxed and waited for the somber mood to shift.

My ladies took turns holding onto me as we continued to play. Kathy and Milli clung to Jessica, often getting in her way as she attempted to make plays in the games we were playing.

The somber mood continued until Tatyana finally strode out of the bedroom. My tall, blonde haired beauty was wearing a green negligee over a pair of lacey green panties. She was still rubbing her eyes as she emerged.

“Mark, I wanted to wake up in your arms,” Tatyana whined sleepily.

“We’ll try to work on having that happen more often in the future,” I said. “In fact, why don’t you work with Ashley to put together a schedule for that? Ashley, tonight it will be everyone though. I believe you all deserve a night with me before I head out and command Corsica.”

“You are so lucky to be captain,” Jessica said. The tone made it clear she was being sarcastic.

“I’m not sure I agree,” I said. “Yes, I have more freedom in theory, but I also have all that added responsibility and pressure. I have to worry not only about my own job, but worry about if my crew is ready and will return safely.”

“I never thought about that,” Jessica said. “I do know that Captain Prescott doesn’t really care about his crew.”

“Stupid,” Ashley said.

“Beyond stupid,” Aine added. “I figured that after being with Mark just one week. Seeing how things worked when he gave his people a day off only reinforced my thoughts. Mark definitely cares about his crew, and they were responding to that.”

“I try,” I said as my face got hot.

“You’ve always done more than try,” Jessica said fondly. “I wish I had ended up on your ship.”

“Don’t do less just because you aren’t on my ship,” I said firmly.

“I know,” Jessica said. “If I ever make a mistake people might die. I have trained hard.”

“How?” Lenore asked. “I’ve watched a few of the simulations and I can’t see how the sleep trainers work.”

“I sneak into the simulation rooms at night and run simulations,” Jessica said with a shrug. “I think a few others have as well.”

“What about my idiot brother?” Ashley asked.

“He’s given up a bit,” Jessica said. “Prescott put him in charge of one of the rail guns. He’s learned what he needs to know, but I don’t think he’s tried to learn much more.”

“Sad, but understandable,” I said.

“Mark,” the AI called out. “Captain Prescott is asking to be connected to you.”

“Put him through,” I replied.

Everyone in the room got quiet. Tatyana quickly rush over and knelt by my side. “Can he do much to you?” she whispered.

I shook my head. As the same time we could hear Captain Prescott growl. “I’ve come to an agreement with the AI regarding my pod and locations for my crew.”

“Good to hear,” I replied. “Is there a reason for your call?”

“I want my crew to have access to the teleportals first. Ipanema will be ready to launch ahead of the current schedule,” Captain Prescott said.

“What is the schedule exactly?” I asked. “I haven’t checked beyond the schedule for the drop to the surface which should be in just over an hour I believe.”

“The drop should be completed about twenty hundred hours,” the AI said. “Usually new colonists are given twenty-four hours to settle into their new home.”

“That would have us leaving just before our night. I’d rather have the crew load in the morning. Is there any reason I can’t have us board at oh six hundred the next day.”

“You’re actually giving your people an extra evening?” Captain Prescott howled.

“If we board at two thousand hours and plan on a standard series of watches, I’d have my evening watch in charge at first. That doesn’t really work for me. I’d rather allow everyone to sleep and take over right at the start of the first watch,” I replied.

“That is acceptable,” the AI said. “And that will remove any question of the use of the teleportals.”

“Fine,” Captain Prescott snarled. “My crew will be on board at twelve hundred hours tomorrow. AI make sure my crew knows.”

“And allow mine to know about my schedule. But let them know that I want to be in motion by oh six oh five. They need to be aboard by oh six hundred, not at the teleportals,” I said.

“I hadn’t thought about that,” Ashley said. “You do think ahead.”

“I’d suggest you be there early,” I said to Jessica. “That’s the best way to be ready for the job.”

“Like you’d know,” Captain Prescott said. “You can just pretend you are in charge. When you fail, I’ll be there to help fix things.”

“End call,” I said firmly.

“Call terminated,” the AI said.

I sighed as Tatyana put her arms around my waist. She shivered.

“I hate that man,” Jessica said.

“I’m not a huge fan of him either,” I said. “And if the drop will occur in an hour we probably should get ready.”

“Yes,” Jessica said. “Kathy, Milli, time to head home.”

“Want to take Matti along?” I asked.

“Can’t,” Jessica said. “I plan on holding a bit of an orgy tonight. She’d just have to hide in her room.”

“Ouch,” Ashley said. “But then again, I’m sure we’ll throw a huge party for Mark tomorrow night.”

“Oooh, can I plan that?” Aine asked.

I noticed that Kathy and Milli had started clearing the game board. I got the box and set it on the table. Kathy immediately began putting some of the pieces away. Jessica looked down to see that her concubines were hurrying to put the game away.

“Mark?” she asked me.

“If you are ready to go, I’ll have my ladies finish clearing the game,” I said.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.