Living a CAP Based Present - Cover

Living a CAP Based Present

Copyright© 2016 by Allan Joyal

Chapter 44: I Thought There Were No Tests

“I’m going to spend the night with my concubines then,” Ensign Daniels said firmly. “I’ll have some scenarios to add to the simulation for tomorrow.”

“I won’t,” Chaz said. “I really haven’t had a lot of responsibility in that area. I can promise to listen to the crew and help compile any reports you want to distribute after the testing.”

“I’ll probably keep the report private,” I said. “But that will help. Meanwhile, let’s head out.”

I got out of the chair. All three of my officers saluted me. They held the salute, watching me as I got to my feet. I straightened my back and returned the salute.

“Carry on,” I said as I dropped the salute. Chaz and Kelsey immediately lowered their hands. They moved past me and headed for the door. Warren held his just a moment longer before dropping his salute.

“I’ll back you up if Captain Prescott tries to cause a problem,” he said before turning and following the others out of the room.

Lenore grabbed me as I started to turn. “Do we get to have all your attention tonight?” she asked.

“I should prepare for tomorrow’s simulation,” I said.

“You’ve done all you can for your crew,” Lenore snarled. She sounded exasperated. “There isn’t a single person on your crew who doesn’t know you have taken extra lessons and shorted yourself on sleep.”

“I’m the captain,” I said calmly. “It’s expected of me.”

“Ashley never expected you to all but ignore her for four weeks,” Lenore said firmly.

“I do have a duty,” I replied. “For some reason the powers that be decided I should be an officer and in command of a space ship.”

“You aren’t officially in command until we arrive,” Lenore said with a whining tone. “I have heard enough to know that Captain Prescott hasn’t been working nearly as hard as you are.”

“There are things I have to complete,” I said. “And we have the final simulation test tomorrow.”

“I thought there were no tests in space,” Lenore said grumpily as she put her arms around my waist. She held on tight as she buried her face in my chest.

My shirt felt a bit damp. “Life is a test,” I said consolingly as I hugged Lenore. I rubbed her back lovingly as she cried into my chest. “And I have three people to impress.”

“Three?” Lenore asked.

“Captain Prescott, so that he backs off finally. Sergeant Griffith, who will almost certainly be reporting the progress on the training of the crews to the overall commander of the base. And whoever it was who designated me to be a captain of the Corsica,” I replied ticking each name off on my fingers.

“The only one you have to fear is Captain Prescott,” Lenore said. “And he wouldn’t be impressed if you managed to lead Corsica in an attack that destroyed a Sa’arm Hive Sphere.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.