Red Ribbons in Her Hair
Chapter 13

Copyright© 2015 by Daniellekitten

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 13 - A young woman becomes the target of a maniacal serial killer. Can the Detective assigned the case keep her alive and safe or will she become just one more victim.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Reluctant   Horror   Crime  

Kaylee sat across from Gabe at a table in one of the nicer restaurants in town. She couldn't help but look around her nervously, her eyes scanning the faces of the men around her, wondering if one of them could be the man who was going to try to take her.

"Stop being so nervous," Gabe laughed, reaching out and taking her hand, though he too scanned the faces around them. He picked out the plains clothes detectives though, knowing each one of them, since he hand picked them for this detail.

"I just can't believe you brought me out to dinner," she said, picking up the glass of wine he'd ordered her and taking a sip of the bright fruity liquid. "I figured once I got off those steps I'd never see the sun again until he's behind bars."

"Well, enjoy it," Gabe grinned. "We're eating on the department tonight." The waitress stepped up as if waiting for his cue, her pad and pencil ready, a huge smile on her lips as her eyes took in Gabe. They settled on Kaylee for a moment before sliding right over her as if she were no threat, and gifting Gabe with a huge, toothy grin, pushing her shoulders back a little more to make the buttons of her white blouse gape over her breasts.

"What can I get for you?" she gushed, her voice practice sexy as if she thought every syllable out, dedicating her life to making it sound like sin on toast.

Before Gabe could answer, Kaylee spoke up, her voice full of sweetness. "Oh, my honey, is that a hair in your drink?" She reached out, acting like she was pulling something out of his glass, holding it up. "Oh, it must be yours," she said to the waitress. "It's dyed."

From the table just behind her, Kaylee heard Dean snort into his drink, choking on the alcoholic fluid. She smiled up at the waitress, batting her eyes at her while Gabe hid his own smile. "I think we could use a moment or two more," he said to the red faced girl who glared at Kaylee as she walked away.

"You may want to watch your food," Dean said from behind his napkin as he leaned back in his chair as if taking a deep breath.

"Want to switch with me?" Kaylee asked him, elbowing him lightly in the back as he crowded her some.

"I really don't think so," he snorted before moving back towards his table.

"You two have gotten close," Gabe said, trying to make it sound like idle conversation as he perused his menu.

"Well, him being the short stick and all, we've both kind of been bored." Kaylee settled her elbows on the table, settling her chin down on her hands and looking at him. "So what kind of fun thing are we going to do after this, go for a walk down a dark alley? Head out to the nearest biker bar? I know, tie me up and plop me down on the tracks to play the Pay The Rent game?"

"Kaylee," Gabe began, his voice low.

"I know, Gabe. I signed up for this, it's just a little nerve wracking knowing that he could be out there and I don't know who he is. I'll be fine." She plopped open her menu staring unseeingly at the selections.

"Have you decided?" A young man's voice came from over Kaylee's shoulder and she jerked, her arm hitting his hands and knocking his pad and pen out of them.

"Oh, God, I'm sorry," she said, hiding her face in her hands. She counted to ten and then looked up at Gabe from under the thick fan of her lashes.

She heard Dean snort from behind her and wanted to turn and glare at him, but didn't. She wasn't supposed to know him. She was supposed to be here on a romantic evening out with her boyfriend, not as the department's "sitting duck" as she liked to think of herself.

"It's okay, honey," Gabe said, reaching out and patting her hand. "She's a little nervous. I told her I have something important to talk to her about tonight and she's been a wreck since then."

Kaylee gave Gabe a stare that should have froze him to the spot, instead he grinned like an unrepentant little boy.

"It's the baby that does it," she said to the waiter after sending a sweet smile towards Gabe. "Pregnancy makes me jumpy." She heard Dean snort again and leaned closer to the waiter. "You might want to ask the gentleman behind me if he's okay, I keep hearing him choking."

"I will, thank you," the young waiter said, blushing. "Congratulations," he turned and walked away from them, stopping by Dean's table to lean down and say something to him that had Dean laughing.

"You know, baby, if you keep doing this, we'll never get our food."

"I'm not very hungry," she sighed, staring around the room once more.

"But you've got to eat, Kaylee, love. If only for the baby's sake?"

Kaylee burst out laughing. "I'm sorry, I couldn't resist."

"It's okay," Gabe said, grinning widely. "I love a woman who can think on her feet. Now how about some soup, you haven't eaten much today at all."

"Okay, mother," she sighed, rolling her eyes dramatically. "I'll eat, okay?"

The waiter came back and they gave him their orders, trying to act nonchalant, like a couple just enjoying a night out after work. They didn't discuss "the case" but it was there between them, like the pink elephant no one wants to admit to seeing.

They talked about things that people in love discuss, family, stories of growing up, anything but work. All the while, Kaylee stared around the dining room, her hands fidgeting with her napkin, pulling apart the small hem until Gabe took her hands in his. "It's okay, Kaylee. There are enough cops in here to make a donut shop happy. You're safe." He took a last sip of his coffee and glanced at his watch.

"It's time?" she asked him.

He nodded.

"I just have to make a quick trip to the ladies room," she said, dropping her napkin on the table. She picked up her purse, bending to give him a fast kiss before heading to the back of the restaurant.

Gabe paid the bill, pocketing the receipt and leaving a healthy tip. He was ready to go when she returned, picking up her jacket and holding it for her to slip her arms into the sleeves. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder and walked her to the front of the restaurant. "Wait here," he told her. "I'm going to go get the car. I'll be right back."

The cool night air felt good on her skin after the heat of the restaurant. She sighed, staring around her, ever watchful. She saw Dean come out and smiled politely at him. He walked by her and stood as if waiting for a cab to come by, though she knew he'd driven his own car to the restaurant.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.