Magic Ink VI, the Final O'Connell
Chapter 10

Copyright© 2015 by Uncle Jim

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 10 - Margaret Kathleen O'Connell, the Ninth, is the most powerful Sorceress in the Reality of Less Magic. Tho politicians, the Military and the Wizard's Council all want her for their own purposes. However, Margie has been given a different mission by the Eternal Flame, and her decision will effect not only Earth but the entire Solar System. No one however, realizes what else she will discover.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Rape   Magic   Heterosexual   High Fantasy   Science Fiction   Vampires   Were animal   Indian Male   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Pregnancy  

Margie K resumes the narrative:

We instantly reappeared in the area just north of Arch Street and west of North 5th Street in the small open area near several large buildings from where I had made my initial search for Celeste. I instantly cast a glamour around us.

"Why did you do that?" Robert asked on realizing that I had done something.

"To keep anyone from recognizing us. These are glamours of two people who were at the Capitol the other morning when I was there," I informed him.

"Can you feel the ley line?" I asked in return.

"Yes," he answered but added, "can't you feel it?"

"I'm not using my Mage Talent presently. I'm concentrating on my White Magic in case any of the Wizards on the Council are out and about in the area. I'll need you to guide us," I told him.

"All right, the ley line doesn't run parallel to the street here, but we'll need to follow the streets to reach the intersection of the lines," he told me.

"How does the line run then?"

"It cuts across the old Mint property at an angle, crosses 5th Street further down from here, and finally crosses the other ley line just over two blocks from here," he informed me.

"Fine, let's cross Arch Street and proceed down 5th Street for a block. At the next street, we can move over to 6th Street and go down it for a block. That should get us close to the intersection of the lines," I told him.

"Yes, and allow us to see if anyone is following us," he agreed. We then proceeded across Arch Street and down N. 5th Street to what a sign identified as Market Street. We went west up Market to N. 6th Street and then down it to what a sign informed us was Chestnut Street. We stopped before crossing the street.

"How close are we now?" I inquired when we stopped.

"Very close now, the large building across the street is where the lines cross. Have we been followed?" he inquired.

"I haven't detected anyone following us, but the building across the street is Independence Hall!" I said with a bit of a shock on recognizing the building.


Independence Hall in Philadelphia, where the Declaration of Independence was debated and it and the Constitution of the United States were signed, was originally constructed to be the State House of the Pennsylvania colony, construction began in 1732. It wasn't finished until 1753, and was considered at the time to be the most ambitious public building in the colonies. During its life, it has undergone many restorations. The most recent had been a number of years after the demise of the World Government.

For a hundred years or more before that, it had been closed and surrounded by a tall strong guarded fence to keep the curious and reactionaries away from it, as it didn't fit the then government's plans, but they had been afraid to destroy it fearing the reaction that the destruction of a national landmark and a world heritage site would create in their citizens.

The Military Government and its successors had seen the wisdom of repairing and reopening the site to allow the citizens to see and visit a revered piece of antiquity. The extensive renovations had required five years to complete, and many in the military had grown wealthy on the kickbacks from those allowed to participate in it.


"Yes the ley lines broaden and cross under it, covering the entire building with their power," Robert told me with a grin.

On crossing Chestnut Street and moving south past Congress Hall, we came to a large open area to the south of Independence Hall. There were a good number of people present in the open area. Some were standing and talking together while others were sitting on the provided benches and enjoying the fine April day. A number of them were headed for the Hall and the tours there. We joined those headed to the building. It was but the work of a few seconds using Magic to convince the staff person at the entrance that we had tickets to enter the building, since only limited numbers of tickets were sold in advance each day for admittance.

The tours were self-guided, and there were a number of stations on the first floor where those on the tours could stop and listen to the presentation about what had occurred at that location over the life of the building. We weren't interested in any of these and quickly moved to check out the first floor, all of which was open to the public. We found no convenient place here to disappear from and soon returned to the area around the south entrance where we noticed the steps to the second floor.

Taking advantage of the door guard's distraction by those arriving, we moved past the metal gate blocking the stairs and quickly moved up the steps to the second floor and the bell tower. It turned out that the second floor held a small administrative area, but the remainder of it was presently unused. Even so it was way too public an area for us to do anything there thanks to the large windows on both sides of the building.

"Is there a basement?" Robert asked, and I looked up at him and blinked.

"You know, it's amazing some of the minutia that you come across when studying and that sticks with you. In reference to a basement, yes, there is one. I remember when studying the history of the early United States, and this building's part in it, that there was a footnote remarking that the basement of Independence Hall at one time served as the city's dog pound," I told him with a giggle. "God!" I thought, "I haven't giggled in forever."

"And how will we get there?" Robert asked in a stern voice, but I could feel his annoyance and was somewhat surprised by this.

"Easy," I told him, "We'll return to the first floor and visit the west room which is set up as the Supreme Court Room. There are more places there to disappear from and it isn't as crowded as the assembly room," I told him.

"And the guard at the entrance?"

"I'll ensure that he doesn't notice us," I told him. We returned as I had told him and found the Supreme Court Room deserted at present. It was a simple thing then to transfer to the area below it.

There we found ourselves in a chamber about forty feet square. The walls were of brick and flagstone and the floor was concrete. The walls had been painted white to improve visibility from the low powered lighting panels hung from the joists of the first floor. There were four columns of brick in a square formation that divided the room into three equal segments in both directions. They supported the floor joists of the first floor on stout cross beams. There were a number of small windows near the top of the walls on the two sides of the building. We could also see that there was a tunnel entrance on the west wall of the basement.

"Something to explore, but later," Robert said pointing to the tunnel entrance.

"Yes, let's check the rest of the basement," I agreed. A passage about five feet wide led from the west side of the basement to the east side. As we passed along its twenty some foot length, it was easy to note where entrances had been cut in the brick walls and then filled back in.

"Something else to check on," I noted to Robert just before we passed into the first of the two rooms that made up the east side of the building. Both were long and narrow with a brick wall between them. There were two sets of steps in the second room. One was wood and one was concrete and led to another tunnel. Otherwise the rooms were similar to the one on the west side of the building.

"Which of those things noted should we check out first," I asked Robert to get his opinion.

"I would say those in the immediate area here. We can check out the tunnels later to see where they go," he answered.

"Okay, we can start on this wall to the north side of the building," I agreed, and sent my Magical senses out to see what was on the other side of the wall. All that I detected was a hollow space.

"It's hollow!" I told him, a bit surprised. "Shall we see what's in there?"

"Yes," he agreed, and I transferred us to the other side of the thick brick wall, and into darkness. After creating a Magic flame to light the area, we looked around, but there wasn't a lot to see.

"This area was originally un-excavated," Robert told me. "You can still see the dirt on the walls and where the mortar on the bricks was never cleaned up, plus the floor is dirt and not concrete or flagstone like the rest of the basement," he finished.

"Why is it empty now?"

"Look at the ceiling. You can see where new joists have been installed next to the original ones to help support the floor above," he pointed out.

"Will the other side of the passageway be the same?"

"We'll need to check to be sure," he told me, and I transferred us back into the basement proper. To check on the other side, we entered the passageway between the two sides of the building, and I sent my Magic senses out again. This time the hollow that I found was different, and I sent my senses further into the space before finding a large empty area.

"Ready?" I asked, and he nodded. I transferred us into the hollow that I had sensed. We received quite a surprise on appearing there.

"Well, this IS quite different," Robert said in surprise as we gazed at the room that we had discovered. The lights had come on when we appeared, and we saw an area about twenty-eight feet square. The brick and flagstone walls had been cleaned and painted and were hung in places with drapes. There were rugs at various locations on the concrete floor. There was a large bed, a small kitchen and eating area, a work area with a computer screen, books along one wall, and a seating area with a sofa and chairs. There was also a suspended ceiling with light panels in it. An opening on the north wall of the room went to the area that I had first sensed where there was a shower, a sink, and a toilet.

"Well now, who do you suppose this belongs to?" Robert asked, inquisitively.

"From the way it was hidden, it could only belong to a Sorcerer or as they are called presently a 'Wizard'," I answered.

"I would agree with that. How do we keep him or her from showing up while we're here?" he asked.

"I'll use my strongest wards to keep anyone else from entering this area," I told him, as I settled to the floor and began casting my wards in the floor, the walls, and the floor of the area above us which was the floor of the bell tower on the south side of the building, where we had entered. Robert had been busy checking out the various areas of the room while I was thus occupied, and he returned after I had been finished for a time.

"There is plenty to eat here, but only wine and water to drink," he informed me.

"I take it that you don't particularly care for wine," I said.

"No, we usually drank beer at the ranch. The stronger stuff was frowned upon by the elders of the tribe," he told me.

"There won't be a problem then," I told him, before qualifying that. "Well, not much of a problem. My Clan has always enjoyed O'Connell's Irish Ale ever since our many times Great Grandmothers perfected it. There is some at my house in Tennessee, and I'll bring some of it here for us to enjoy," I told him and called a three gallon keg of ale to me from the pantry at my house. Robert was greatly surprised when the metal keg appeared on the table in the eating area along with a couple of pint glasses. Using a flash freeze spell to cool the keg, it was ready for me to pump two glasses out of it in short order.

"Try this, and see if you don't like it better than beer," I told him handing him a glass. Robert took several sips from his glass before taking a large gulp. He was then staring at me with a big smile on his face.

"This is excellent. Why isn't it available in stores?" he asked.

"It used to be, but it's only available from the Otherworld and from our Cousins in the Third Reality presently," I told him, as we continued to sample our ale.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.