Magic Ink VI, the Final O'Connell
Chapter 5

Copyright© 2015 by Uncle Jim

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 5 - Margaret Kathleen O'Connell, the Ninth, is the most powerful Sorceress in the Reality of Less Magic. Tho politicians, the Military and the Wizard's Council all want her for their own purposes. However, Margie has been given a different mission by the Eternal Flame, and her decision will effect not only Earth but the entire Solar System. No one however, realizes what else she will discover.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Rape   Magic   Heterosexual   High Fantasy   Science Fiction   Vampires   Were animal   Indian Male   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Pregnancy  

The following new character appears in the next several chapters:

Franklin (Frank) Mahony

Master Wizard, Celeste's boyfriend, 5'-9'' tall, 160 pounds, 22 years old, dark auburn hair, gray eyes


Frank's Tale:

I had heard rumors of creatures down in the tunnels under the headquarters building of the Wizard's Council that stole people's Magic if they ventured into the wrong areas down there. There were also stories of missing Wizards who had vanished trying to eliminate this threat.

I was sure that my Talent was more than strong enough to protect me from whatever was down there, and that those who had tried previously hadn't succeeded because either their Talents weren't strong enough, or they hadn't known enough Magic.

Being registered with the Council and having worked for them occasionally, I had access to the public areas of their headquarters building. On a visit there, I easily slipped through the wards used to keep most people, even Wizards, out of the Council's areas and made my way to the hallway that I had been assured by others would give me access to the basements and tunnels under the building. The entrance there had only a minor ward on it.

After passing through the wards in two basements, I came to the entrance to the more ancient tunnel system. I had several flares with me to use to burn out whatever was causing people to lose their Magic, and descended into the first of the tunnels to look for this menace. It certainly appeared to be a rather simple undertaking.

I soon learned just how wrong I had been while exploring the first tunnel. I had traveled a good ways down the tunnel when the creatures seized both my Talent and my mind when I neared their lair. My fight against them was short lived, and I was soon lying on the floor of the tunnel unable to move while the creatures in my head continued to draw on my Magic.


I suddenly regained consciousness among a field of bones near where I had succumbed to the creatures, but had no idea of how long ago that had been. The young woman who had tried to heal me was beside me. I could feel her Talent, it was like the fiery breath of a blast furnace and certainly many times stronger than my own Talent. I wondered for a few seconds who she could be, because I knew of no one with a Talent that strong.

At the same time, I also became aware that she was under attack by the same monsters that had attacked me. In my pride, I had come down here woefully unprepared to exterminate these Magic and soul stealers. I had been unable to combat even two of them, and I could feel that she was under attack by all seven of them. I wondered how long she could maintain her fight against them?

From my location on the tunnel floor, I could see their hiding place in a niche at the base of the wall. They all seemed to be growing larger from the amount of Magic that they were stealing from the woman. In their concentration on her, they had dropped their attack on me to feed on her Magic, and she had healed me sufficiently for me to to be able to move, if slowly.

After hesitating for several minutes to gather my strength, I slowly began to crawl toward the 20 liter container of flammable liquid that one of my predecessors had brought here to eliminate these pests. He had not succeeded just as all of those before me hadn't, but may have made it possible for me to succeed now.

I hoped that the liquid in the container was still good, since I had no other weapons to fight the creatures with. As I neared the container, I could see that the creatures which looked like large worms were in their lair which was a bowl-shaped hollow in the tunnel wall and to my relief I could also see that it was below floor level.

Slowly, I pushed the container closer to their lair. They appeared to be paying no attention to me now which was good, as I had little enough strength to move the container. This close I could also see that they had no visible eyes or mouth, and I thought that was why they were unaware of my approach since their attention was on the woman.

When close enough, I rose to my knees with great effort and managed to open the large cap on the container. It was then only a matter of turning the container slightly so it was aimed in the correct direction before tipping it over. The liquid, some kind of fuel, splashed out and flowed across the slightly sloped floor, and into the bowl-shaped niche on its own.

The creatures didn't seem to notice the liquid at first and the container was nearly empty before they did. I upended the nearly empty container, and as the last of it flowed toward the niche, I pulled and lit the flare that I had retrieved from my belt and tossed it into the niche. The vapors from the fuel ignited before the flare even reached the niche and the fuel erupted with a 'whoosh' and burned with a bright blue flame. I heard the creatures scream in my mind as the flames began to consume them, but there was no actual sound from them.

The woman instantly recovered when the creatures were distracted by the flames and rising to her feet, she spread the fingers of both hands and eight beams of Magic Fire leaped from them and into the niche to consume the creatures utterly in just a few short seconds. The release of Magic as they were consumed rocked me on to my heals even more than the fuel had when it ignited, and I lay there for a few seconds in shock.

On looking up at the woman who was still standing there, I could see a huge glow surrounding her from the Magic that she had reabsorbed that slowly faded as I watched.

"Are you all right?" she asked, as the last of the glow vanished.

"Yes, I'm all right for now," I told her, but already knew that it wasn't so.

"You were burned when the fuel ignited," she told me after a few seconds during which I had felt her doing something with her Magic. She then cast a spell and a large globe immediately surrounded us.

"There, that will keep others away while I heal you," she told me, but I was staring at the protective field that we were enclosed by.

"Are you an O'Connell?" I asked on realizing that we were inside of a Defensive Shell – the spell for which the O'Connells had kept secret all of this time. "I thought that all of you had vanished," I told her.

"Yes, I'm Margie K," she responded before adding, "now be quiet while I use a mantra to heal you."

"Are you a Mage too?" I asked, as there were few Mages now and none of them had the power of this woman.

"Yes, I'm a Mage and a number of other things," she answered before starting the mantra, which lasted about 15 minutes before she materialized a large canteen of water and several packages of food.

"Drink plenty of the water, and then have some of this food. While we're eating, I'll explain what I'm doing here and what I would like your assistance with," she told me, handing me the canteen. The water was cold and sweet to my parched mouth and throat. It had none of the stale taste of the often recycled water that was usually all that was available here in the city.

"Is this safe to drink?" I asked after a few mouthfuls.

"Yes, I drew it myself and made sure that it was safe to drink," she answered in a soft voice with a smile. I drank deeply from the large canteen then, and she handed me one of the packets of food when I'd had enough of the water for a while. Once I started to eat, it was amazing to me how hungry I was, and she handed me a second packet of food when I finished the first. She was still on her first.

"How did you come to be down here and under attack?" she asked, as I began on the second packet of food in a more sedate fashion.

"I had heard rumors of Magic-stealing creatures in the tunnels here under the headquarters and had determined to be the one to eliminate them. It seems that I badly underestimated both the creatures and the size and complexity of the tunnels," I told her in an embarrassed voice.

"Yes, the tunnels or corridors are rather extensive," she allowed. "Have you any idea of how the creatures came to be here or their origin?"

"I have no knowledge of their origin, but can propose a likely explanation," I told her.

"Which would be?"

"I don't believe that those creatures were a natural phenomenon, or we would have heard of them before this. Therefore, I propose that someone on the Council, as it would have to be one of them since they are the most powerful Wizards, was experimenting to develop a creature sensitive to Magic, or which could counter the Magic of others. Perhaps the experiment didn't go well or as he expected, and it was abandoned for another approach. It could have then been a case of sloppy disposal of the experiment that allowed some of the creatures to wind up down here," I told her.

"Or it could be that the experiment produced unwanted but useful results, and it was dumped down here to trap the unwary," she proposed.

"A good possibility, but could they have been placed here to keep others on the Council from investigating what is going on down here?" I asked.

"That is also a very likely explanation," she agreed.

"What's your name? I don't know how to address you," she asked next.

"Sorry, I'm Franklin Mahony, Master Sorcerer. My friends call me Frank," I told her, before asking, "If you don't mind telling me, what are you doing down here?"

"I'm searching for my Apprentice, Celeste. The Wizards Council, or a part of the Council, abducted her and left a note demanding that I appear before the Council tonight at 8:00 if I wanted to see her alive again," she explained.

"I take it that you haven't been able to find her yet."

"I thought that I had, but it turned out to be a trap, a very cleverly constructed trap. It took me a long time to escape, as I needed to wait until the guards became bored and relaxed their watchfulness. On searching for her again, I couldn't locate Celeste's Talent, but did find yours and wound up here," she said with a smile.

"Have you any idea who set the trap?"

"Yes, it was William Rittenhouse. He seemed quite proud of trapping me and even boasted that neither devil nor human could escape his trap."

"He is one of the oldest members on the Council and a powerful Wizard, yet you obviously escaped," I told her.

"Yes, I have abilities that they aren't aware of," she answered with another smile.

"How long do you have until the Council meeting?" I inquired.

She looked thoughtful for a few seconds.

"I'm already too late, but I don't believe they expect me to show up now, and I still need to locate Celeste."

"Tell me how you came to be down here and what you've seen. That could eliminate part of the area to be searched," she continued.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.