Into It!, Book 2 - Cover

Into It!, Book 2

Copyright© 2015 by radio_guy

Chapter 9

It was late morning when my family headed to the Monroe's church, the wedding site. We had allowed my mother to send invitations to anyone she wanted and she sent many. We would be writing "thank you" notes for a while. Karen had listed us for gifts in a number of bridal registries so there was some faint hope that we would get usable things.

The wedding was at the small town Episcopal church where Karen grew up. I had a feeling that it would be full. My family was riding together in a SUV that we owned but only used rarely. All our house employees would follow shortly. As we rode, my mother said, "Brad, we should have used our church because it's bigger."

I responded. "Mother, 'we' don't have a church. I went to the same church that Grandma and Grandpa went to but moved my membership to the one at school. Karen has gone here all her life with her parents. It will be a good place and you need to end that line of talk right now."

In the short time between our engagement and this day, there had been a few discussions like this. I was losing patience with my mother and was glad we would be married and these fruitless discussions would no longer occur. I was glad that Karen and I had kept control with her parents for this event. My mother meant well but still thought people would, and should, see everything she did. She and my dad hadn't gone to Uncle Billy's by themselves as yet. Marianne or I were the driving force for their visits.

Dad was wholeheartedly on board with what Karen and I were doing and didn't attempt to meddle in our plans. I knew that he had talked with my mom a few times, too. Irene had come around even better but was shy from shame at how she had handled things initially. However, she had found a truly nice guy at school and that has seemed to help. He didn't care about my parents' money. His parents had more and he didn't care about that either. He had his own.

We pulled up at the church. I had only gone to services here once but enjoyed my attendance and the caring the people had for each other and for the Monroe's. I met Charlie and Tom in the pastor's office though here it was called the rector's office. Father Vernon was there dressed in his formal robes. We sat down and waited.

[NOTE: I'm not Episcopalian and would probably make some mistakes in the ritual so I let it go. The result is what's important to the story.]

Finally, it was time. Tom had gone out to help. Charlie and I walked with Father Vernon to stand at the altar. Tom joined us. Each of the ladies came down. Marianne, who looked glorious and happy, was followed by Nicki who had a big smile for Charlie. I stole a look at him and he had a big smile, too.

Then everyone stood for it was time for the bride. Karen came down with her father. She looked beautiful. She also looked about seven feet tall with her heels. Her gown was beaded but was not full. It flowed over her long torso hugging her curves. It had a small vee in front and a deep vee in back. Over all that was a veil. She arrived at the altar. Her father, after a few words, put her hand in mine. Shortly thereafter, we recited our vows and Father Vernon pronounced us husband and wife.

I relished the chance to kiss my lovely new wife. She kissed me back. We held each other realizing that we both had tears in our eyes. The music started and we recessed. Father Vernon announced that the wedding party would have pictures taken and then, or now, everyone could head for Uncle Billy's for the reception. We suffered through the pictures and then I handed Karen into the back of the limo for the ride to Uncle Billy's.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.