Into It!, Book 2
Chapter 5

Copyright© 2015 by radio_guy

We left for Uncle Billy's and had an enjoyable supper with a very attentive busboy. Carol said, "Tom is getting some kidding from the rest of the staff about his attention to this table."

I grinned. "It's nice to have our own private busboy. I'm going to ask Uncle Billy if he will let them dance later. My sister has the hots for him."

Carol left chuckling while Marianne said, "I do not!" Karen looked at her sternly. She said more quietly, "Well, I do some. He's cute and smart. He's nice to everyone. Satisfied?"

Karen said, "Yes, now I'll ask Uncle Billy to have him dance a few songs with you. You have to be honest about how you feel. Good feelings about someone are something to be proud of."

Karen stood a few minutes later and walked over to Uncle Billy. They talked a few moments. She returned grinning like the cat who swallowed the canary. She refused to say anything to Marianne about what she talked about. She just said, "We talked about the reception." She winked at me.

As our meals settled, the band started their first set. I danced with Karen. She whispered, "Ask your sister but someone will cut in." She grinned and lay her head on my shoulder.

We sat down for one and then I asked Marianne to join me. She smiled and stood. It was a slow one and she moved into my arms gracefully almost fitting as well as Karen. We had only danced for a moment when a young man's voice said, "May I cut in?" I released Marianne to let her dance with Tom, her busboy.

I pulled Karen into my arms. As we danced, I asked, "Are you going into matchmaking?"

"No, but they do look good together." I smiled and gave her a gentle kiss.

When the song was over, we sat down and Tom joined us at our table. Minutes later, my parents joined us looking like they came from an event. Dad said, "Marianne?"

Marianne said, "Dad, this is Tom Barrett. We're on the honor roll together as well as some classes. He also works for Uncle Billy." Dad nodded and smiled over at Tom.

Tom then looked more comfortable. We listened to a couple more before Karen pushed me up. "Play 'One More Time' for me, Brad."

I nodded and went up to the stage. I pulled my horn off its stand. I tuned up and whispered to Mick, "She wants 'One More Time' if you don't mind."

He smiled at me and then at Karen. He spoke into the mic. "As you may know, Brad got engaged to Karen while he's been at college. We're going to play one for her. It's 'One More Time.' Okay, guys. Start it off, Brad."

We played it taking turns with a solo. Marianne danced with Tom and my parents danced together. Karen stood before the stage with her arms around her body and swayed to the music. We finally ended it. I whispered, "Stardust." Everyone nodded and I started the verse. Karen stayed up by us. Many people danced to it, too. It was fun to dance to fast songs but the slow ones could get you dreamy. Half way through, I put my horn down and went down and danced with my beautiful fiancee.

The band played a few extra choruses. By the last chorus, we were the only ones dancing and I saw many of our friends and my parents watching us from around the edges of the dance floor. When the song finished, I held Karen tightly and kissed her gently. She had looked around upon hearing applause. "We're in public, Brad."

"We're engaged. It's appropriate." We smiled at each other and kissed again before leaving the dance floor for our table. The band was taking a break.

Mick came over and said, "You two looked great out there. We're all looking forward to the wedding." Karen and I gave him a smile and she gave him a hug, too.

It was after ten thirty when I looked up while taking a break to see Irene walking in with Jimmy. He was red faced, either embarrassed or drunk. Irene looked flushed. I suspected that both had been drinking. I had a bad feeling about this as they approached our table.

Irene said, "Well, Brother. Are you going to introduce your hooker?"

I stood with my hand on Karen's shoulder. "I don't have a mirror for you, Irene. You're the only hooker here. Also, you're drunk and out of control. You have already disgraced the family. How far do you want to push this?"

She looked at our parents and sister. "Are you all getting on board with this crap?" She looked around some more and saw no friendly faces. "Jimmy and I want to dance. Go up there and play for us, Braddy."

I looked at Jimmy and said, "Jim, now would be a good time to get her out of here."

He didn't like that. "You're the one who should have left. You should have never been here. You're just a piece of crap that hasn't been wiped yet."

Carl came up behind him and took his arm. "Young man, you are leaving. If you say another word, you will be permanently barred."

Jimmy was drunk. He said, "Bull shit. My dad can buy this place tomorrow and fire your ass.

Carl smiled gently. He said, "That may be. However, tonight is the last time you will be here until that event occurs." He pulled him along without any seeming effort. When he reached the door, a couple of customers were holding it open for him. Jimmy was sent sprawling out into the parking lot. There was a little applause. The Hoskins family wasn't very popular.

Irene watched with a little shock as her boy friend was quickly ejected. Uncle Billy was approaching her. He said, "Irene, you are embarrassing your family and violating the rules of this establishment by causing a disturbance. You may sit quietly or I will eject you, too. Your grandparents would be ashamed of you coming here drunk and causing trouble."

Something in what he said struck a chord in Irene's mind. She wilted. She said, "I've always been the good child and done what I should and my family has left me for my black sheep brother."

Uncle Billy gently said, "Perhaps you should talk to them quietly and calmly and find out why. Your brother has been coming here for years and he and his lovely fiancee are always welcome."

She turned into his chest and wept. My dad came up to her and Uncle Billy gently put her arms around him. Dad led her to our table and sat with her in back.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.