Survivors
Chapter 3: Mists of the Deep

Copyright© 2015 by Charlie Foxtrot

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 3: Mists of the Deep - Something has happened, killing off most of the world. A small handful of people struggle to survive the aftermath and build a new life for themselves. (Note: Story Codes include acts from future chapters.)

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Consensual   Fiction   Science Fiction   Post Apocalypse   Spanking   First   Slow  

"I'm going with him today," Cassie insisted, as I grabbed the list Samantha had added to after yesterdays shopping spree. Tabitha had tried to insist on riding with me again.

"Girls," Samantha started to say as I waved her quiet.

"Ladies, you can both come this morning but then you both need to stay here to watch Tommy this afternoon when Samantha and I check out the city for other survivors."

"Can't we all go?" Tabitha asked.

I shook my head. "Absolutely not. I can't keep an eye on everyone at once. Only one person is going with me this afternoon and it needs to be Samantha, in case we find someone needing more first aid than I can give them."

"What if we find someone like that this morning?" Cassie asked.

I pointed to the street map I had been planning the morning excursion on. The marina office had nice local maps for visiting boats. "We're going less than three miles away this morning. Three stops in a rough triangle. If we find someone needing help, we're six minutes away, max."

All three ladies looked at the map. Tommy was inside watching another old movie.

Samantha nodded first. "It makes sense. Girls, you can both go this morning. Here's a special list for you to make sure you pick up. The pharmacy next to that Home Depot should have it all."

Tabitha grabbed the list and then blushed as she read it. I knew it was a pretty detailed listing of feminine hygiene products and some other odds and ends.

"Jack can get this stuff," Tabitha said with a smile.

I shrugged and reached for the list. "A tampon doesn't scare me, ladies. Just don't complain about brand or fit or anything else if you want me to pick them up."

Tabitha snatched it back. "Good point. We'll get them."

"Okay, let's get going."

The girls were in shorts and loose tops again, but were wearing sturdier shoes. The low-top hiking shoes Tabitha had picked out for them yesterday seemed to have found some favor. Five minutes later, we were at Home Depot. Cassie pushed the cart as I kept a hand on my pistol. Two generators and a couple of tool boxes of equipment later, and we were on to the next stop.

The day before we had hit up an REI for basic gear and equipment. Today was a Bass Pro Shop with an eye on getting some additional protective gear. I lugged the portable cutting torch and a new tool bag to the door and quickly cut our way inside. The locks on the gun room took a little longer, but we soon had access to everything we needed.

"Not that one," I said as Cassie picked up a 410 shotgun.

"Why not? It looks easier to handle than that other one," she said pointing at the twenty-gauge we had already added to our cart.

"It is, but I don't want to have to hassle with different ammo. We're going to standardize on nine millimeter, twenty-two long, five point five-six for the AR-15s and twenty-gauge for shot-gun."

"Okay. Are you going to show us how to shoot all those?"

"The basics. I hope we won't need guns, but..."

"You'd rather have them and not need them than need them and not have them," the said in unison.

I smiled. Forty minutes later, the Excursion was nearly full again. The girls had just climbed into the car when I spotted the pick-up truck pulling into the lot. I pulled one of the shotguns out and loaded it quickly before putting the safety on and motioning Cassie to get out.

I handed her the gun. "If they start shooting, point it in their general direction and pull the trigger. Safety is on," I said as I showed her the safety by the trigger guard. "You know how to cycle it?"

"You mean jack another round in?" I nodded. "Only from TV, but yeah, I can do it."

"Good girl."

I turned and stepped out from behind the car as the truck coasted to a stop. An older lady was behind the wheel. She looked at me for a few minutes before lowering the window.

"Do I thank you for opening the store?" she asked as she nodded toward the door we had broken in through.

"Yes, ma'am," I said as I kept my hand away from my pistol, but in its general vicinity. "Do you have any news?"

"Other than my husband being dead? No, not much news. I figure I'll stock up on some supplies before the weather is too bad and head up toward Georgia to see if my daughter and grand-kids survived the night. How about you?"

"Found a few friends. We're heading west on a boat sometime soon. There might be safety in numbers, ma'am."

She smiled and lifted her far hand enough to show a sawed-off shotgun. "I grew up on a farm. I reckon I can keep myself safe. I'd take up with you if I was thirty years younger, or if I knew my family was done in, but I've got to make certain."

"I understand," I said. "We're likely going to make our way toward Mobile Bay and then head inland. Hopefully we'll both find some more folk along the way."

She nodded. "If I find my family south of Atlanta, I'll stay with them. If not, who knows. You might see me come spring."

"If you do, I'm Jack Hampton."

"Nice to meet you, Jack. I'm Matty Kline."

I was about to turn away when a thought struck. "Mattie, do you have a cell phone?"

The older lady chuckled. "Can't hardly live without one, these days," she said.

I gave her my number. "I don't know how long the network will stay up, but if you call, we'll try to help you out."

"That's very generous, Jack," she said after programming my number and giving me hers. "You're more neighborly than most of my neighbors down here ever were. I don't suppose you could help me carry out a few things from here, could you?"

I smiled. "Sure thing."

Cassie kept watch on our stuff as Tabitha and I helped Mattie stock up on freeze dried foods, bottled water, and some decent outdoor gear. We all felt a little sad when we finally parted ways.

"Do you think she'll be alright?" Cassie asked as we pulled out of the parking lot.

"As right as any of us can be," I said.

An hour later, we were back at the marina and starting to unload yet again. I moved some of the heavier and longer term supplies into the crew quarters to keep things from getting too cluttered. There was good stowage aboard, but I did not see us making a multiple month cruise. Fortunately, we were not counting on a need to do that. Until I got everyone some basic firearms safety training, I stowed the guns in the master cabin.

Before lunch, I grabbed a twenty-two version of my PPQ that we had picked up along with a couple of cans of tomato soup. Two young ladies and one very young man were impressed by my demonstration of how dangerous even a little bullet could be. By the time I finished covering basic safety and how to get a good sight picture, both girls could hit a target that wasn't too far away. Tommy flinched when he pulled the trigger, but was game to keep practicing.

"You'll do better in a few days," I said as we walked back toward the boat. "Your arms will get steadier as you practice. You need to make them stronger by doing push-ups as well."

"Push-ups aren't good for girls," Tabitha said. "That's what our gym teacher said."

"Then spend more time doing yoga. Downward dog and planking are good exercises for the core and your arms. In fact, you can teach those to Tommy this afternoon while Samantha and I are out."

The girls exchanged a look of chagrin before agreeing.

After eating and clearing up from lunch, Samantha and I headed out.

"First stop is to top off the gas tank and fill those containers for the generator," I said as we pulled out of the marina.

"Then we drive up to Tampa and back, right?"

"Or over to Saint Petersburg."

She shook her head. "I don't want to be stuck on the far side of that causeway if there is a problem."

"Good thinking," I said. I turned on the windshield wipers as a gentle rain began to fall. It had been overcast all morning with a few light showers. I thought it was mostly spill-over from the storm on the opposite coast.

We both kept our eyes scanning the streets and roads as I navigated onto I-75 and started north up the coast. We would pull off the highway at any exit that looked to have more than a gas station and convenience store. We saw some signs of looting, similar to what we had done ourselves, but no people. A few wrecked cars let us know not everyone died in their beds.

"This is getting more and more depressing," Samantha said. "There have to be more people still alive."

We had pulled into a BP station to discuss our plan.

"I agree, but in this weather, they are staying indoors. We could push on up the highway and then over to MacDill Air Force Base. If there is any organized military presence in the area, it's probably there."

"Why there?"

"Special Operations Command is based there."

We were both silent. I was thinking who might still be alive and calling the shots if we went to MacDill.

"Do you think we should go there?" Samantha finally asked.

Before I could answer, the lights in the gas station cut out. I started the car and headed for the highway, pointing south this time.

"If the grid is tripping, I think we need to get back to Tommy and the girls."

"What about MacDill?"

"I called in there yesterday. Nobody answered the duty lines. I think we just need to look after ourselves until someone asserts a little authority around here."

Samantha sighed. "Okay, but I'm worried."

"Me, too," I admitted.

The rain slowly got stronger as we made our way back toward the marina. By the time we were parked, it was coming down steadily with occasional gust of wind. I let Samantha fill the girls in on our trip, while I went to the bridge and began checking the weather. Thankfully the weather satellites were working. It appeared the hurricane was stalled along the northeastern coast of Florida. More concerning to me was another tropical depression to the southwest.

The ladies joined me as Tommy climbed into the captain's chair.

"What's it look like?" Samantha asked.

"This is just rain from the hurricane," I said as I waved toward the window. "But that," I pointed at the screen, "could be another storm brewing that may head our way. I'd hoped to have nicer weather for our first attempt at getting underway, but I think we might want to see about heading out before nightfall."

"What do we need to do?" Cassie asked.

I pulled out the laminated checklist from the cupboard on the helm. "Go get into rain gear, bring mine up, and then we'll walk through what needs to be done."

"What about me?" Tommy asked as he sat at the helm.

"You get to stay right there until I need to drive the boat."

"Can I drive it?"

I smiled. "Once we're out in the ocean, I'll teach you how, okay?"

"Promise?"

"I promise."

"Okay."

Cassie was back with my rain gear and hers before the others, so we headed aft and put it on before stepping out on deck. Tabitha and Samantha joined us as we headed to the pier. I pointed out the lines, cables and hoses that we would need to disconnect and pull aboard before ushering them back onboard and explaining the stowage areas for lines and connections. I then handed out life jackets before heading inside and starting up the engines. The gentle vibration of the dual marine diesels was somehow comforting.

It took nearly an hour to walk through the checklists and get connections broken and stowed before we were singled up on our mooring lines. Cassie was on the pier after making me promise not to leave her while Samantha and Tabitha were on the main deck to pull lines in. I switched control to the flying bridge and made Tommy promise to not touch anything in trade for letting him stay in the captain's chair as we got underway.

"Take in lines two, three, four, and five!" I yelled after checking that I had positive control of the rudder and helm.

Cassie ran along the dock and slipped the lines from their cleats when Tabitha and Samantha were ready to haul them aboard. I gave them plenty of time to flake them out neatly before motioning Cassie to stand by.

"Take in line six!"

Cassie slipped the line free and headed toward the bow line as I balanced a little forward power and right rudder to push us forward while keeping the stern alongside the pier.

I waited until the natural spring in the line began pushing us back, put the throttle in neutral and called, "Take in line one!"

Cassie slipped the line and then raced aft to hop over the small gap between the pier and the stern as I let the bow spring away. Once we were pointing slightly clear I used the throttle and rudder to guide us away from the pier and into the channel. Caroline II handled as well or better than any Navy boat of similar size. I was a little proud that I had not needed the bow thrusters. I smiled as we motored into the channel and I turned us toward the harbor entrance.

"Pull in the fenders and strike the lines below!" I called as the women started to head inside.

"What?" Samantha called?

"Pull in the fenders, and strike the lines below where I showed you. We don't want them flapping over the side."

There were a couple of muttered words but they all turned back to the deck and finished the job by the time we were near the breakwater.

"This is cool!" Tabitha said as she came up to the flying bridge.

"And it's going to get cold if we put on a little speed. Do you think you can keep us pointed in one direction for a few minutes?"

She nodded and I gave her a few instructions before heading aft and down. It felt good to strip out of my rain gear before moving Tommy from his perch and taking over the helm in the bridge. Tabitha followed my instructions, and soon we were all inside warming up and drying off as we turned north about a mile off the coast.

"Now what?" Cassie asked as she peeled off her outerwear to reveal a pair of yoga shorts and sports bra. Tabitha was similarly attired. Samantha was distracting as well, though she still had her rain pants on. The black sports bra highlighted her slightly more mature build and well toned stomach.

"We get used to the boat being at sea tonight and then make a run into Tampa Bay in the morning. We can check out MacDill from the water and then figure out next moves."

"So we're in for the day?" Tabitha asked.

"Yep."

"Good. I'm getting dry." Without further ado, she stripped off the sports bra and shucked her shorts down before grabbing a towel.

"What are you doing?" Cassie asked as Samantha smirked.

"Drying off. Did you stay dry out there?"

"No, but..."

"But nothing. This is our home for now. Nobody here but family. What's the big deal?"

Tommy was a little wide eyed, but remained silent. Cassie looked at me and then at Samantha.

Samantha shrugged and pushed her own rain pants down to reveal a pair of lacy underwear. She too removed her damp sports bra.

"Cassie, we were always pretty casual around home. I'm a doctor, and Jack is a grown man. He's not seeing anything he hasn't seen before. Tommy doesn't look upset by it, so why are you? Wouldn't you like to dry off?

Cassie blushed.

"What about you, Jack?" she asked.

I smiled. "I was a lot more sheltered than you three. I'm dry already."

She punched my arm.

"Beast."

Then with only a moment's hesitation, she pulled her damp shorts and bra off as well. Samantha handed her a towel.

"We'll want to gather up the wet clothes and towels and run a load or two of laundry," I said. "Washer and drier are in the crew quarters area."

"I'll do that," Tabitha said. She waited a moment before grabbing the towel that Cassie was drying herself with and then skipping aft as her friend blushed under my gaze.

Cassie stepped toward the stairway heading below and then paused to look me in the eye before doing a slow pirouette. Her smile reappeared at my reaction. She darted back and gave me a quick kiss before scampering below.

"I see that conquest is well underway," Samantha said as she climbed into the chair next to mine.

I tried to keep my gaze outside the windows, but did give her more than one admiring glance. She was evenly tanned, not too dark, and had a nicely groomed landing strip of pubic hair. Her short, dark hair made her look younger, and you would never guess her age by looking at her body.

"Enjoying the view?" she asked after one longer than planned gaze.

"Absolutely," I said with a smile.

"So what's the plan for tonight?"

"This boat has top-of-the-line gear. I'll set up the autopilot to put us on an oval racetrack course off the coast and hook up the collision avoidance radar. We should set up a watch schedule and have someone up here just in case, but that's really more about getting used to life on a boat than any real concern."

"You were up most of last night. I think the girls and I should cover tonight and just call you if we need you."

"Um," I tried to find a point to argue.

"No 'um'-ing allowed. We'll do overlapping shifts so there are two people up here, even if one of us is napping in the chair."

"Okay," I said. "I guess you're the first mate, so you get to set the watch schedule."

"Aye, aye, Captain," she said with a grin. "Now, why don't you show me what I need to know to steer this thing while you get the autopilot and radar sorted out?"

The girls weren't too sure of the plan when they reappeared but Samantha didn't give them much choice. She sent Cassie to the galley to begin making some dinner while she began giving Tabitha the same instruction I had just given her on the helm, throttles and radar.

I stood in the background, ready to make any corrections, but she did it flawlessly. Once she was satisfied, she sent Tabitha aft and repeated the process with Cassie. By the time dinner was ready, I felt reasonably certain that any of the ladies could handle routine cruising for the night. The hardest challenge would be staying awake.

After dinner, Samantha was on watch while the girls and I broke out a board game to play with Tommy. Between the day's excitement, the fresh sea air and the gentle rolling of the boat, Tommy didn't last long before his head was bobbing.

"I'll carry him below," I said, as the girls tidied up and put things away. Samantha directed me to put him in her cabin in the bow, which I did before heading back to the wheelhouse to make sure Samantha was set for the first watch.

"Not much to do, really," she said. "I've got a couple of hours to go with Tabitha up here, and then will wake Cassie for her shift. Try to make sure she gets a little sleep," she said with a grin.

I blushed and headed below. Cassie joined me in the master cabin a few minutes later. She was still nude but the cooler evening air was showing its affects. I embraced her in a hug and rubbed my hands over her cool skin.

"Nude may not be the best outfit in the evenings," I said.

"No shit. Tabitha tricked me with a dare. I saw goose bumps on her when I came down. In the meantime, you can warm me up properly," she said as she reached for my shorts and quickly had me nude as well.

She straddled me on the bed and then lay down on top of me.

"I'm a little sore today. You're a lot bigger than the only boy I ever did it with."

"I'm sorry, baby. I didn't mean to hurt you."

"I know, and I wanted it; but I don't think I'm ready to do it again, just yet. Is that all right?"

"Of course. You never have to do anything you don't want to do. Do you want me to make you feel better?" I asked.

"How?"

"A little massage."

"Like a real one?"

I nodded and pointed at the almond oil I had found in the nightstand. Soon, I was applying oil to her flawless skin and kneading her young, tight muscles. She moaned in appreciation as I worked her feet and legs before massaging her fabulous ass. She was spreading her legs in invitation before I had her roll over.

Her nipples were tight, but no longer from the cool night air, by the time I finished the formal massage and lowered my lips to kiss her delightful blonde pussy. She moaned again and opened her legs further as I lapped her to a quick orgasm. She tasted herself on my lips after I covered her up and slipped into bed besides her. She was sound asleep, even before I got the lights turned off.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.