Scarred - Cover

Scarred

Copyright© 2018 by MichaelT65

Chapter 6

Lying there on my side, I watched the woman I have got to know in this short time. Thinking about how much I loved her. Did she feel the same way about me? Pushing the strand of hair away from her face, I gave her a light kiss on her lips. Her lip curled up at the ends into a smile, as she curled up into my arms. She slowly opened her eyes.

“I have a confession to make,” she whispered in my ear.

With a lump in my throat, I said, “what?”

Putting her mouth to my ear, she whispered, “I love you.” Wrapping her arms around me, I did the same. Kissing each other passionately, while we curled up together.

Suddenly the doorbell rang, which we both ignored. A moment later it started ringing again. This time continuously, the chime going into a loop of the same sound.

“Ok, ok I’m coming.” Jumping out of bed, I slipped on a pair of shorts. Rushing out of the bedroom, pulling the door behind me to close. Opening the front door, in front of me was auntie Androulla, next to her Maria with a dog strap in her hand, on the other end of the belt was Charlie, sitting there looking up at me. Charlie stayed around their house last night. As a trial for Maria, to see if she can look after a dog.

“Good morning. You’re up nice and early today.” I cheerfully said.

“Good morning, or should I say good afternoon. Since it is nearly midday,” my aunt sarcastically said with her eyebrow curled up. Walking into the hallway, straight to the kitchen. “Where’s Helen? Her car is outside,” my aunt said while looking around.

While filling up the kettle, I smiled. “Helen’s gone to get something from the bedroom.”

“Is that why the bedroom door is closed?” she quickly answered back. Coming closer to me, she whispers in my ear. “I like her a lot. Your dad was asking about you two as well.” Slapping me on the bum, she called out, “Come on Maria, let’s go, your cousin is busy!”

Helen and I spent Sunday afternoon together. We did some gardening, as she did not have much knowledge about landscaping. I explained to her, some basics about fruit trees. How to get rid of weeds around the stem the quickest and effective way. It was late in the afternoon when we finished. Sitting on the veranda with our frappe, relishing the work we did together.

“Not bad, not bad at all. You are terrific in the garden. You have to stand back to see the difference after you finish,” Helen praised. Coming over to my side, she put her arm around my shoulder. As we both sat back, admiring the sunset.

Late in the evening, after stopping at Helen’s flat to get some clothes, we visited my father. He seemed unsettled for some reason. I asked him if everything was ok. But he just said that he was worried that the doctor would not let him leave after the weekend. Helen assured him when she spoke to the professor. He reassured her that my father would go home on Monday. But I knew, something else was eating away at my father. I didn’t want to agitate him anymore, so I left it at that. We stayed with him until late, leaving after ten in the evening.

Before going, we passed by the reception to speak with the nurse who was on duty. I let Helen do all the talking as she knew the employees at the hospital.

Checking the nurse’s name tag before she spoke to her. “Hello Penny, you must be new here? You probably don’t know me,” Helen said.

Quickly pushing back, the chair, she got up. “I am sorry Doctor Kosta, I did not recognise you,” the nurse said with fear in her voice.

“It’s ok Penny. I just wanted to ask you if Mr Michaelides had any visitors today?”

“When I came on my shift at midday, there was a gentleman who visited him.”

“What did he look like Penny,” I asked.

“He was the same age, like your father. Slightly shorter than you. He was wearing a suit. That is what drew my attention. Who wears a suit in this weather?” the nurse replied.

“Thank you, Penny. Have a good evening,” Helen said. Putting her hand through my arm, we started walking towards the exit in silence until we were outside.

Once the sliding doors closed behind me, I said, “You know who came to visit my dad today. That is why he was unsettled. It was Savvas.” Walking across the car park, taking long strides. Helen could barely keep up with me. “Let’s see what he has to say to me when he sees me on his doorstep!” I angrily yelled out.

Grabbing my arm, Helen pulled me back. “You’re angry, let’s go home, and we’ll visit him together in the morning,” Helen calmly said.

All night I was restless, falling asleep in the early hours of the morning. When I woke up, it was as if I had just closed my eyes. While making breakfast, I was all nerves. Helen tried to calm me down, with not much success. By ten in the morning, I had a call from my aunt. Telling me, that she is on her way to the hospital. I said to her to go ahead and that we will meet her there.

Jumping in the Wrangler with Helen, I drove straight to Savvas mansion. Around the property, stood an eight-foot wall. The only entrance from the road, a black metal security gate. Standing in the middle of the gate, two suits with their hands crossed across there chest. One of them spoke into a handsfree unit he had on his blazer, on seen the Wrangler approach the gate. Stopping the Jeep not more than a meter in front of them, I unhooked my seatbelt to get out.

Helen grabbed my arm before I could open the door. “You’re just going to talk to him, no shouting or threatening.”

I nodded at her. “Sit in the driver’s seat and keep the engine running,” I told her while I winked at her.

Marching up to the two suits, stopping inches away from them. They didn’t twitch. Just stood there, with no expression on their face. “I want to see your boss?” I asked like I was ordering them.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.