Scarred - Cover

Scarred

Copyright© 2018 by MichaelT65

Chapter 5

Looking out of the kitchen window, Charlie was lying on the grass, all four legs spread out. It was eight in the morning, and the temperature was already 30 Celsius.

I was waiting for Helen to come down, we arranged to clean the house. Get it ready, when dad comes home on Monday. While emptying the dishwasher, the doorbell rang. Charlie was at the front door before I had the chance to turn around. Barking at whoever was outside, running circles in front of the entrance.

It was my aunt with George and Maria. Maria rushed to Charlie, rubbing his head. While the dog rolled over waiting for a rub on his stomach. George with a bag full of cleaning material, he dropped it on the kitchen table. My aunt opened one of the kitchen units, finding a pair of rubber gloves. With Helen arriving ten minutes later. By midday the house was spotless. While the ladies relaxed on the veranda, George and I washed our cars. While Maria bathed Charlie, using the hosepipe.

Maria and her mum got into a little dispute. “I don’t want you getting too attached to the dog. When he leaves, you’ll be upset,” she told Maria.

“Get her a puppy!” I called out.

“Don’t you start putting ideas into her head!” my aunt answered back. She stood on the veranda with both her hands on her hips.

“Yes, mum, can I have a puppy?” Maria started dancing around.

“Oh, God give me patience!” aunt Androulla called out. She marched into the house, gesturing Helen. “Let’s make ourselves some coffee, Helen.” George and I, laughing our hearts out.

By four we were on the road to see my father. Helen and I in the Wrangler and George with his mum and sister in his Beamer. Stopping at a fast-food to get dad a Doner Kebab. Maria was still debating with her mum about getting a puppy. We settled the discussion, by me promising that I would buy her the pet, but Maria would have full responsibility for it.

We spent a few hours with my father. He was recovering well. We took him to the hospital garden. Where he had his kebab, with a Keo beer, a friend of his smuggled into the hospital. Surprising all of us, as he never drinks. “Jesus, it’s only a beer,” he said with a smirk on his face.

It was just after nine when we left. All of us shuttered. Driving back to the village, we were both quiet in the car. While changing gear, Helen put her hand on top of mine. I looked over, smiling at her.

“I am so exhausted to drive back to Larnaca,” Helen said. She sounded sleepy.

“Why don’t you stay at my place tonight?”

“Are you sure.” All of a sudden, her voice sounded brighter. Turning up the volume on the radio, she started singing the lyrics to a familiar song by Lana Del Rey.

A couple of miles before entering the village. Checking my rear-view mirror a car was approaching me at high speed. Once the vehicle was a few metres from my bumper, the driver commenced flicking his beam lights and furiously pressing the horn. Slowing down to make way, for the driver to overtake. He continued to stay behind me, driving very close. Hooting his horn until I entered the residential area of the village. With the streets lights, I could see what car it was. It was a blue Audi A6. The vehicle the police use when they are undercover.

Slowing down, I pulled over. The Audi without hesitation stopped in front of me, blocking most of the road. Two officers climbed out of the car. From the driver’s side, it was an officer I knew very well. The other officer was young. I didn’t know him. He must have been new in the force.

“What happened Michael you weren’t speeding?” Helen asked, with a worried tone in her voice.

“No, but I have a rough idea, why he stopped me.” Gesturing with my head towards the older officer, I explained to Helen. “When I told you, I was held down by an officer while Mr Savvas whipped me. That is him, officer Petrou.”

In a slow walk, the officer in charge commenced making his way to the Wrangler. The younger officer following his mentor.

“Is there anything wrong Officer?” I asked him.

“Yes, there is. The police have been looking for you all day.”

“I was home until four in the afternoon. I believe you know my address. Wouldn’t that be the first place you would look for someone? Where they live.” I was trying to be as sarcastic as possible, without overstepping the boundaries.

He was fuming. In an aggressive tone, he yelled, “I will need you to come with me to the station. I’m charging you with grievous bodily harm to two gentlemen. Last night in Big Joe’s bar.”

I froze, I was speechless for a moment. “Ok, officer I’ll follow you to the station.” Firing the engine and putting the Jeep in gear.

His hand went to his side, ready to pull out his weapon. “The car stays here; you’re coming with us.” He stood there waiting for my response.

Turning off the ignition, I turned to Helen, “Go to my aunt’s house and find George.” Then I whispered to her, what I wanted George to do.

Once I was out of the car, Officer Petrou took out his handcuffs. He was ready to use them on me. “Do you want me to come quietly or do you want to call back-up,” I angrily said. Hooking the cuffs back on his belt, I accompanied him to the Audi.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.